Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1353: Greek Love~Love Adventure Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/GxUpRva2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For those who might have missed it.
The Greek Myth WiP.

Reminder that with Receptive Doves and power sharing perks, you can see what Spongebob and Patrick's gay offspring would actually look like.

Looks good to me so far. Lots of thing I'll need to grab.

>Raidable Farm
Heh. That one's pretty funny.

Any idea what the drawback cap will be?

Go away Mommy

>Any idea what the drawback cap will be?
Probably 600 or 800

If you could only take Companions from one Jump, which one would it be?

That is one of the very few jumps we could probably get removed in a heartbeat if a replacement was made.

Generic virtual world. Because they get all your powers.

Maybe. Outside of the creep factor it's not really a bad jump.
The wrapper is borked, but it's not like it's a piece of shit in pdf form.

In regards to Infinite Warfare

>Cutter
>Not drop capable, but can escape the atmosphere.
What does drop mean? Did you mean "not jump capable"?

Can the companion import option be used to get new companions instead of importing old ones?

In some nations they didn't. Never aired in America among others.

Sekirei

Do your Companions ever stand up to you in any significant way?

Tough question. Would have to be the upcoming Generic Princess Rescue Gauntlet.

Light of Terra is a close second, with Undertale taking up third place.

>What does drop mean?
It's somewhat explained in the Engineer freebie, i think? Even called /Drop/ Training.

>Humanity has at their disposal a technology known as ‘dropping’ which allows them to travel great distances in the span of a few seconds. It’s unknown exactly what the technology is as the military keeps a very tight lid on it, but it appears to be some manner of superluminal ‘slingshot’ which throws the ship through a narrow corridor at the intended target.

2hu. Just yeah.

Most likely Hero BBS. Though Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs definitely has my favorite premade OC companions.

True, but damn that wrapper has such a disgusting vibe to it.

>I'd like this to be the final draft.
Boy did I miss a lot yesterday.
The locations are problematic. You have 2 locations that are butt-fuck central for anyone but the Regime members to be found, the Fortress of Solitude, and the Watchtower. Normally you only have one 'Well, fuck' starting location in a jump, which is number 7 or 8. Ideally you start everyone in a open location, not one that merely being there could be a crime for the unauthorized.

Nanotech Pill: It sounds like this pill exists in the game, but is permanent. Selling a inferior version for 600 CP is...yeah. This should either be as effective as the in setting one, or not offered at all. Stuff you pay CP for should not be inferior to the real deal you can get in setting for no CP at all.

The trench is neat. Does it carry over instillation's? (If you build Martian/Kryptonian cells, does the trench have equivalent cells in later jumps?) You should mention this having some transportation to from there as part of the prison, so you don't buy a place you have no easy way to get to/from.

Humans could probably use 400 CP in powers section, so that buying the most expensive power would not cost more than a discounted race.

Also, are all the races equal in power? Because an Atlantean seems weaker then the others unless it gained the benefits of Enhanced elementism (which it does not)

Naaargh seems like it should be one of those +100 CP annoyance drawbacks, not a toggle.

>taking Companions

>Humans could probably use 400 CP in powers section, so that buying the most expensive power would not cost more than a discounted race.
They get 300 CP, mang.

Pokemon because they were my first companion

That's an easy one.

What are some jumps where you'll see some fucked-up shit?

What are some perks that will help you keep your sanity?

What purchase would the jet pack lite things fall under?

From what Cena and others have said when it came up, the permanent version of the pill may or may not actually exist in-setting.

You're clearly a powerwanking SB-er. Let me guess... NikaMoth?

I...but...What did I ever do to you to deserve such cruelty? Don't make me choose!

Is it standing up to me if it's more hiding things from me for my own good? A few years after my meltdown in Harry Potter where Harry said he couldn't trust me and I dropped out of Hogwarts, he apparently tried to get in touch with me and found Chartreuse. She elected not to tell me.

Chicky's first conscious action after becoming a shipgirl was to punch me through a sand dune for naming her "Headless Chicken."

Most often Emmy is acting as the little voice telling me I'm an idiot and I should quit while I'm ahead, leave the locals alone, go stand in the corner and stare at the corner and talk to no one.

Okay, a bit of a nitpick here, but in the Coral of Corruption description, you state it produces an "effect within a 64 square acre circle." I'm assuming you mean to describe an area, so:

an acre is already a unit of area equivalent to 43,560 square feet, or a square area roughly 209 feet to a side. if you square an area, you start playing around with 4-dimension space and stuff gets weird.

Since you mention a circle specifically, I would recommend a wording that references a radius or range, something like "produces a continual magical effect on the water within X feet" where X is the furthest away you want the Coral to be able to work.

Assuming you want an area of 64 acres, that radius would be:

A = pi*radius^2 -> radius = sqrt(A/pi)
= sqrt((64*43,560)/3.14ish)
= sqrt(2,787,840/3.14ish)
= sqrt(887,847ish)
= about 942 feet.

So for a circle with an Area of 64 acres, the radius (or X above) will be about 942 feet. You can round that up to 1000 for a nice even number, or choose something else entirely.

Ryoto in my keyblader chain is a Local Hero companion, my very first from Jump 1 alongside George.

He constantly acts as a reminder and insists we do the right thing, which can be a pain in the ass depending on the jump. Sometimes I'm fine with it, but in places like FF 13 where I barely understand...anything it can be confusing and frustrating to deal with it
He's never an asshole about it, either, he just reminds me of what I'm doing and asks why I do it
Sometimes "Because it's easy" isn't a good excuse

SCP has both. The same goes for Generic Creepy-pasta.

That's a hard one... Can't really choose.

But probably either Overlord (game) or RWBY, since those are the only places where I really got multiple companions.

Dunno. Just from reading the jump, I'd guess the Additional Equipment?

So is injustice done?

On that topic: The Drop-In Additional Equipment item mentions choosing three out of "grenades, deployables, tactical weapons or utility abilities". It does not actually list any of the last one.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

161 Wuxia
Generic
Drop-In
Age 22
Drunken Fist, Ki Accumulation -200, Weapon Master -300, Adaptability -400,
Student(Aine[Student, Kong-San Style -200])-100, Master(Chun/Ryang Chun-hwa[Female, Human, Warrior -50, Weapon User(Gun[Staff]), Kyukoshinryu, Ghost Cutter -400, Sinanju -400, Basic Weapon(Gun[Staff]), Beautiful Garments -50])-600,
Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting +0, Japanese Dogs! +300, Dishonor To the School +300,
First things first, Master Chun needs upgrading with fancy genetics, eyes and cybernetics. After that, when everyone has sharingan eyes that should accelerate cross training between the three of us. So now we have ninja and a traitor to Sinanju to fight. Also, lots of fighting styles to observe. Tinted goggles will do wonders for hiding our fancy eyes while "observing" aka stealing their styles.
Continue
1 F.E.A.R.
2 SimAnt
3 Warframe
4 Sekirei
5 Viking Saga
6 Lyrical Nanoha
7 Worm
8 Dragonball

Viking Saga, I'll need a new 5.

In the Street Fighter jump, there's a drawback called The Demon, where your abilities lose their off-switch. As an example, it says someone with a fire affinity would, and there's a typo here so I might be misinterpreting, always be at least a little bit on fire.

My question is, and this applies to low-control powers in general, what's a good way to not set your bed on fire in your sleep?

>Garrus not being loyal enough

But that's wrong. He's the most loyal person in the crew. Well, Garrus and Tali.

I'm glad they ended together.

Not anymore. I made sure of it.

Fire retardant memory foam.

Sleep in a vacuum or under water. Can't have fire without oxygen.

Frisk and Alma did in regards to their child eventually becoming one of my students. They like me and trust me, but they also know that I can be a blood knight sometimes, and they don't want their daughter learning to be like that from me.

Don't sleep. Dance.

>your only friends are evil psychopaths
Yep, makes sense.

sleeping plates. you basically sleep in an antigrav pocket where you aren't touching anything. can burn all you want in constant freefall, and so long as there's nothing flammable nearby you'll be fine.

Any way we could get a hand-sculpted waifu Companion?

Who's the redhead on the far left? What's her thing?

It's worth noting that of the original crew, Garrus and Tali are the only ones who sign back up in the second game. Garrus could have easily kept going on as the most wanted vigilante on Omega, but instead chose to go with Shepard when he was offered the opportunity. Even most of the people romanced in the first game don't sign back up.

Stephan sometimes calls me on my bullshit, but just as the rest of the team will follow what I say in the end.

Look, I'm constantly taking drawbacks that put me against whole settings, I'm glad to have yes-men at my side rather that morons who would drag me down.

Go to Infernals, get the Charm from Adorjan that lets you run instead of sleeping.

Of course then you're likely to become unable to stop running, but such is life.

Generic Magical Girl, as a Sailor Moon setting.

Since I can only ever draw companions from this one jump, I'll get as many as I can.

Take the jump with my background as Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask. Two implicit in the jump's description. I'll take Usagi and Makoto as those two. Chibiusa would be my daughter, and thus not a companion. Two free extra Allies, so I'll add Ami and Rei. First paid tier gives me 4, so I'll add Minako, Haruka, Michiru, and Setsuna.

Second tier gives me 8, which is more than enough to finish the team (since it's just Hotaru that's left). So, Hotaru, and here's where we get creative. Take Naru, we can empower her later. Luna and Artemis, to advise us. Four more? Since we're Mamoru, and thus Endymion why not the Shitennou?

Buying it /AGAIN/ gives us 16 more. Taking the Amazoness Quartet once redeemed to be Chibiusa's senshi team eats four of them. Redeeming the Sailor Animamates out of Galaxia's service eats up 4 more. Down to 8. Good thing there's a befriending perk in this one, isn't it? Haruna Sakurada, Yuuichiro, Motoki and his sister Unazuki, Umino, Ikuko, Kenji and Shingo Tsukino, gives us eight more.

But, Usaiganon, how on earth do you make effective use of all those companions? At best you can take 8, and buy 7 pods to deploy more at once.

Well, Fifteen senshi is a pretty formidable force. I think we can make do. We'll just divide into smaller teams and rotate shifts. Can fit all the senshi in a deployment, or all the redeemed villains, or all the support team.

And, I just realized as I ran this down, the perk DOES specify that they're all magical girls now. Technically I don't even have to go further to empower the civilians, I just did. But, if these are all the companions I get, of course I will.

I specifically build my companions to question me and each other. Not maliciously, but we encourage rivalry and improvement between friends. Fortunately, they haven't needed to yet.

That reminds me.

I just figured out a way to get you more Usagis!

Only fitting for a jumper.

You don't go around glassing worlds without some psychos in your team.

Retarded werewolf.

So Myr for canon companioning Kongou would I need to do anything specific purchase wise besides her ship body and the companion purchase?

That's Lupusregina Beta. She's a werewolf. Her thing is pull-pull.

>ask for hand-sculpted waifu
>get Pandora mk. II

Jumpers! Do you ever regret sharing your past experiences with someone?

>Jumper runs so fast thanks to all the powers being active at one that he literary becomes omnipresent

Nope.
Just spend 200 of her 400 extra cp buying her Kongou-class ship.

do tell! Current chain's at 5.
Usagi(SM Manga)
Serena(95 Dub)
Unagi(Edolas Twin)
Crystal(SU Kindergarten Machine)
Eclipse (Chibi Virtual Girlfriend from Archer, imported to be my Intelligent Device in Nanoha)

God that's a painful one. I'd have to stick with Teen Titans. I'd just recruit a lot heavier than I did when I went there last time.

Raven, obviously. I could put up with Starfire and Robin because they're both so useful. Jinx and Kid Flash too, if they ended up as an item. Terra and Beastboy as long as the latter mellowed out a bit as he grows up. And while I'd probably prefer to recruit a reformed Mumbo to the team, I'm sure I'd end up with Cyborg in the end as the others would insist.

So yeah, main five, plus Jinx, Kid Flash, and Terra. With a reformed Mumbo as an alternate for Kid Flash if Jinx doesn't end up with him.

I could live with that.

They most certainly do. At least now that I've dumped the yes-men the Coordinator planted. Frisk constantly encourages me to seek out less violent solutions to my problems and Raven is there as a solid check against me going out of control. Even Muffet has gotten into the act now that we have so many Dolls following us around. She's there to remind me that I can't spend all my time in my lab anymore. There's bedtime stories to read, homework to help with, and disputes to intervene on before the heavy weaponry gets pulled out. Those scamps tend to forget they're not corpses anymore.

Well, it probably falls under comic-book logic, but an impermanent pill would likely be much more dangerous than a permanent one - unless it put too much stress on their system, but then that's a perfect plot hook that should have come up.

At any rate, the solution is just to create a larger nano-pill that contains delayed doses. Or make a nanofactory that can constantly replenish the dosage.

Though, making someone "several thousand percent stronger and tougher than human" isn't actually very impressive... it's not even close to the "flipping tanks" of the basic strength perk (but then the Joker casually tanked full-auto fire seconds after dosing up, so that number was clearly bullshit).

Xenia. One of the Mythological things about it was guests were treated with all the respect they would show Zeus, because he had a habit of wandering incognito, and rewarding good hosts and punishing bad ones.

I would like a more developed Xenia Perk, that includes a modest boost to your abilities when rewarding/blessing a good host, or punishing/cursing a bad one.

A sense of how well someone has met the obligations of Xenia as guest or host, and a sense of how dangerous it would be to be a bad guest or host to specific people.

And a social filter in regards to Xenia, where helping a good host or being a good guest would make you enemies or embroil you in conflict just for helping that person. Or where doing the sorts of stuff Zeus might to to a bad host will be accepted instead of say get the authorities, superheroes, and the MiB involved because you gave that Ass an asses ears, or a that person who turned you away had his house burned to the ground.

Somewhat predictably, I got bored of both my Rollchain and gimmick chain. So I'm just going to be starting a good-old-vanilla Jumpchain. No special house rules, no theme, just good old-fashioned self-insert fun.

I'm going to attempt to follow Yoro's example and actually post it this time around.

By the way, Dragon Ball updates with the fixed PDFs should be in the upload folder now.

>That pic
Asriel is cute! CUTE!

I more was referring to Galatea, who is in fact history's first recorded instance of a waifu. But Pandora's just more reason.

>permanent version of the pill may or may not actually exist in-setting.
The text of Alfred the Butlers companion and elsewhere, makes it sound like it does.

For those of you who temporarily "died" or disappeared during your Chain, did you have any famous last words?

For that matter, what are your usual last words before leaving a Jump?

Why is it impermanent? I mean, considering these are nanomachines, it's possible they just "run out of juice", as it were. You might be able to make longer-lasting pills with a better energy source.

Jumpers do you prefer to recruit canon characters for your companions or do you prefer original characters?

I really can't tell if that's meant to be real or gachiposting.

Bodacious Babes

Hope you have fun bro

OC are easier to work with than canon characters.

Original characters. I really can't see the point of recruiting canon characters at all.

Yeah, it's their word for a sort of FTL jump? If you wanna go by specific behavior, it seems to be a 'jump' of some description with various drifts, and it puts a LOT of strain on the hull while doing it. It's possible that it's actually some sort of warp drive type thing, but we... don't actually see what happens when a jump is interrupted or goes bad, so... that's all we got.

Falls under the 'utility abilities' category of Additional Equipment. Utility abilities are a sort of catch-all category for the stuff that's an ability, but isn't a weapon, like the jump packs.

So, even though in the game, a hacking device and a shield are both considered 'tactical equipment'- one's a weapon, the other's a defensive ability. Things that assist movement like the grappling hook and such are also tactical abilities.

The post was linked to Greek Myth WIP. I made assumptions.

>before leaving a Jump?
"Yeah, see you tomorrow."

Almost all OC. More fun for me to develop characters, plus I don't have to screw with in-setting relationships.

Fair enough on the locations, I'll take another look at that.

Nanotech pill: The permanent version exists in the game but not in the tie-in comics, which provide most of the plot of the AU. Further, even the tie-in comics that took place during the actual game used a temporary version. It was only ever permanent to justify Harley Quinn being able to beat up Superman ingame.

Yes to the question on the trench. Will add that it has a sub for transport.

Atlanteans get utility powers such as lifeform control and enhanced senses that others don't get.

NAAARGH is holy and pure. Maybe you should have to pay CP for the privilege of taking it...

Get the Holodeck and every video game ever from Generic Videogame Developer. Holodeck allows you to play any video game as if it were real.

Go to Alterworld D. Rus, get the Divine Fire perk. It gives you the ability to grant free will and proper souls to AIs or NPCs.

>play Sailor Moon vidya games on the Holodeck
>give the Usagis from the games free will and souls
>waifu them
>profit

Bam.

Canon characters are tempting because they're usually more powerful and have strong characterization to work with but it feels more right to pick OCs. Canon characters have their own epic destiny to start with, while OCs are a bit more like you in that they weren't anyone special before and can more readily appreciate the adventure.

Say, Injustice is the continuity in which Superman has the 5-d imp backing him, right? If you take the drawback in which he and Batman have gained complete control of the world, will you also have to contend with him?

You can do it Heavens! I believe in your Jumping abilities!

Seriously though, it'll be meat to see you do a classic chain. No giving up this time though. Spark or bust!

Canon Companions generally. I'm not adverse to OCs, but I had issues with my Coordinator and OCs. We had words about that.

Yes, and he will still be posing as the spectre.

>For those of you who temporarily "died" or disappeared during your Chain, did you have any famous last words?
Yeah yeah, you got me. Good job. Did I mention that I am a multistage encounter? See you next quest, which you might want to get a move on because I am also a load bearing boss!
*ceiling starts falling down*

>What are your usual last words before leaving a Jump?
Um, If I don't show pop in a few days, please start a search for me because I am probably stranded somewhere unpleasant in the ass end of the multiverse.

That is somewhat outside the scope of a 100CP perk. It's meant to let you survive as an homicidal itinerant not to let you blast curses at bad hosts and hurt people without repercussions.

Not him, but doesn't Superman get locked up in the end without My doing anything? Also, if you really have to deal with him, it's certainly the sort of thing that should be mentioned in the drawback, and I'm not entirely sure that it's fair for only 600 CP.

Jump 33
Origin: Politician

Drawbacks
>(+100 CP) Red Sky In The Morning
>(+100 CP) Brute Force
>(+200 CP) Target Fixation

Perks
>To A Disgusting Extent (Free)
>Deniability (Free)
>Diminutive Ursine Embrace (100 CP)
>Parachute (100 CP)
>Jumper Can Help You (100 CP)
>Opening Move (200 CP)
>Our Nation Had To Go Crazy To Survive (300 CP)
>Unfathomable (400 CP)

Companions
>A Design Child (200 CP, Crewman)
Zackra
>Smooth Sailing (Free)
>Diminutive Ursine Embrace (Free)
>Mecha Fetishist (200 CP)
>I Believe In My Captain (200 CP)

Items
>Surveillance Photos (Free)
>Greenhouse Garden (Free)

Writing: pastebin.com/GxUpRva2

Spent the jump on land doing political stuff in America and slowly losing myself to corruption. Not a good thing, aha.

It's not that long but, well, jumper Nika is going to have to do some serious soul searching because they're starting not to really care about doing the right thing. And their companions are starting to notice. Refusing to fight the good fight just isn't something they'd normally do.

Luckily, I have just the jump to smack them back into being the good guy they used to be.

Nechronica

About new companions in place of imports?

Pygmalion and Galatea are also from Greek Mythology.

Well, yes, that first one is true - but a lot of settings all end up happily without your doing anything. And it's not true if you take the 600 CP drawback.

And the imp was just the boss for year 3 - sure you'll have to deal with him, just like you'll have to deal with Sinestro. Constantine managed it without even doing the "say his name backwards" thing - I'm sure you'll manage.

Forgot to mention that this was Arpeggio, whoops

>That is somewhat outside the scope of a 100CP perk
Yeah, I was talking about bumping it up a bit. The trojan perk seemed rather lackluster, and even the Blessing. I was seeing Xenia as more of a 400 CP perk.

Oh, did you ask about that? Sorry, I seemed to have missed that.

Totally, I'll add a note.

Pandora is more well known and comes with the tragic consequences I was making light of. I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just making a joke of my usual caliber.

Yeah they just skipped the song. Which is BS, because it was really well written & sang.

Okay, but there's a difference between "not everything ending up happily" (Superman and Batman conquering the world) and "everything is as bad as it possibly can be including an omnipotent dick gunning for your head" (let's not forget they Mxy OHKO'd Trigon). Even if you do think that it's only a 600 CP drawback (and it's not), then it still needs to be mentioned somewhere that Murphy's Law is in full effect, even if it normally wouldn't be in canon or the described situation. And Constantine has a ploat armor of "yes". That's not exactly a reasonable feat to emulate, especially if shit won't go right at all and everything is fucked even more than stated.

600cp drawbacks should be lethal or worse without a hefty dose of OCP.
It's totally ok as a 600cp drawback.

As in just didn't air according to what I'm finding.

This Mxy is much weaker than most - after that OHKO, Trigon recovered and the two appeared pretty evenly matched when they were dueling just before Fate sent them into the void.