New thread for the dead.

Pledge Manager edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

vibrantlantern.com/lore/
kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1768889
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Red Witches the best.

Patrician Taste

For those of you that bought the Flower Knight, what do you usually do for its cape?

I keep trying to come up with a way to have the cape be a trail of colorful flowers/flower petals, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually do it without looking gross or tacky.

Still don't know what to get.

I would have totally got this set if not for this. Inb4

Is there a download link for all the illustrations?

BEST

>Not liking best grill.

Gambler's Chest is basically a requirement, comes with a large amount of models and notable expansion content.

Abyssal Woods campaign is so full of stuff you'd be crazy to not get it. Even with the soft-requirement of Flower Knight and Spiderface, it's worth it. FK and Spider are both solid expansions in their own right as well.

Dragon King if you don't have it, as this is the cheapest you'll ever be able to get it, and this discount was applied before Poots started to realize that he needed to be less generous with the kickstarter discounts.

Get Anonymous Survivor to support your fellow man.

While not what you're asking exactly, you can download the pdf art book from the KD website.

Everything that you really like.

Wish I could get pin ups to use as proxy for all of the monsters for fun but to expensive.

Not sure I can spend more than this.

>no Mosquito
why tho

Because fuck the mosquito. I'm astounded by how many of the new expansions don't appeal - possibly because I don't like Poots descriptions, and get excited when I see the minutiae and reviews.

>All the Promos and Wanderers
>Doesn't have all the original content.
>Buying Weaver+Gorm
That is such a weird list of stuff.

And I went back and added 3 more things to my list. Hopefully I can stop there, and no do something stupid like return for the Black Knight, pinups, or say, all the other content.

I want the Mosquito but went with weaver instead due to the interaction with Abyssal Forest

> Promos will be the rarest thing from the Kickstarter
> Gorm best expansion by most people
> Weaver interacts with Abyssal Forest

>Caring about "Rarity" over content.
Lmao, you "boardgame investors" are hilarious.

Gorm is the best by most people literally because it's currently ONLY other Node 1 (LY1) Monster beside the lion.
But since you're getting Weaver as well you're getting 2 super early game monsters which makes having both a little redundant (since you're also getting First Hero which you want mid game content for).

I had to get the Black Knight. The coolest sculpt they've made so far imo.

the real life chick has bigger tits than the KD model?!? Preposterous!!

So I already filled out my pledge manager and submitted it. Could i still add something to it or is it too late? I'd like to get an extra set of dice

Also I ended up getting the Manhunter expansion mainly because while for the other expansions i want I wouldn't mind paying full price but I don't see myself dropping 70 bucks on Manhunter, is he a fun nemesis though?

And someone was looking for a website that just shows the KD stuff.

vibrantlantern.com/lore/ gives an overview of different areas and models they've made, even if it doesn't have everything.

I'm kinda miffed about that as well tbqh.

Sure. I literally just did.

The KD model is a man, so he does indeed have smaller boobs. Red witches having some sexed up men as well is part of the appeal.

boring as fuck monster but good gear, innovations, and other stuff.

That's a guy? I thought there are no guys due to paraiah

Manhunter is like fighting the Undertaker with a gun. It's pretty fun fight with entertaining weakness mechanics. Be sure to make a note on what you want on your tombstone.

His toolbelt is also part of the infamous Acanthus Doctor build.

She is a woman, just chose to forgo some of her femininity. See: Amazons removing a breast or two to fight and/or use bows more effectively.

Manhunter is my favourite nemesis. But I haven't played many games with Slenderman either because I always use Manhunter.

If you have any wrestling fans among your friends Manhunter becomes awesome.
It's similar to if you have thespian inclined people in your group Lion Knight suddenly becomes more fun.

>The KD model is a man
?

what parts of that screenshot come from Manhunter?

It's not for investment... It's simply because I think they look cool and I know for a fact they will be near impossible to get after the kickstarter is over. Where I can buy expansions and shit a little more easily.

And the time from when I'll have Gorm and Weaver are nearly two years apart... Will be nice to have another Node 1

Honestly I heard Tombstone slam and immediately wanted him, on top of the fact that he looks awesome.

Cool I'll have to pick up my extra dice then and possibly Frogdog

I mentioned it: Tool Belt.

It comes from the red witches expansion, isn't one of the red witches, isn't one of the armour sculpts, isn't labelled. Likely one of the 'red cloaks' whatever they are.

Na pretty sure he's one of the red witches. He's shown on the front of the expansion with the two females.

You can also see from the original update that the armor from the expansion doesn't really match up with what he's wearing. Not nearly as much skin showing: kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1768889

She, it's a she. The Pariah's lore quite clearly states there are no other male white speakers because of him, and the Red Witches are still very much part of the White speaker cult.

>he
Those hips on the model and its concept art don't lie. That's a female, or I'll eat my scrotum.

See also: pinched waist, thin shoulders, high heels, and nipple-covering modesty strap that you wouldn't be seeing on a male model.

eh either way my point stands that the character shown earlier in the thread is a red witch

Im excited for the expansion but can't justify Pariah along with it.

Any essential expansions?
I was only able to grab a gold lantern but i want to make sure theres nothing else i should grab before i pay shipping.
Which pinup set is best?

Dragon King gets talked about a lot, and for what it's worth the model itself is the main reason I jumped in on the campaign in the first place.

Pond Scum a cute

Gorm and DK are pretty high up there. I wouldn't get pin ups unless you really want to paint them. Don't really add a lot of game content.

>tfw called it the penis dragon.
>painted it white
>pull out my big white penis dragon
>trigger entire group.

You'll likely want at least one early game monster, those would be Gorm, Frogdog and Honeycomb weaver, of which Gorm is known to be good and will get to you faster as it is an old expansion.

It likely also won't hurt to get mid game and late game option as well, of the old expansions Dung Beetle Knight and Dragon King are the most popular of each of those categories respectively.

>Essential
In My Opinion
>1 LY 1 Monster.
Lion is great for a intro monster but he can be boring after a while. Gorm used to fill this spot, but now we have pepefroggo and Weaver.
>1 LY 2 and/or node 3 monster
This could be different now with the 1.5 changes to antelope making it the pinata. Buut I always thought it was nice to have the spider or Gorm for mixing up the early game.
You play the first 5-7 years the most if you're the unlucky type. So it pays to be able to mix it up. Now we'll have a bunch of stuff like Mosquito (cute), Spider, or Nightmare Ram (possibly Node 3) to choose from.
I say and/or node 3 because phoenix can sometimes feel like an asshole and you can't really use saviors on him either. People like flower knight mostly because he gives you op gear, but he's also a good alternative quarry.
>1 Nemesis
When your group starts just sending 4 guys to get butchered or sacrifices dudes to kingsman or whatever it's time to mix it up. Manhunter punishes you if you can't shut him down quickly, so I feels there's more incentive to fight him for example.
>1 Alternate Campaign.
Mixes it up.
This could be Sun or Dragon but Dragon feels cooler (super powered survivors) and the model is goog.
This has all changed again because now you could (theoretically) do late game starts with First Hero+Silver City+Node 3 stuff, or do Gryphon which is having a model overhaul and could have a poopy scoopy campaign so you're risking it but it is an alternative.
We also have the mountain, abyssal and mini campaigns now, and all the shit in campaigns of death. So until we see what all that stuff is about we'll probably be in a pickle trying to puzzle which one has the most value.
consider
>Short BK Campaign, unknown addons needed.
>Short Red Waifu Campaign, Requires(?) Pariah.
>Short Abyssal Wood Witches Campaign, unknown addons needed.

forgive any erroes I am sleep now

Thanks for the recommendations. Im broke as fuck but i'll at least try to grab 2 more nodes.
Can we add to our pledges at anytime as long as the wave isnt passed?

He said he's coming back for money for shipping before each wave, unclear if he'll allow more pledging, but unlikely.

Definitely won't happen, once the orders have been sent off to the factory I'm almost certain you won't be able to buy stuff until retail

Anyone got the pic of the Rainbow-Dash Regeneration Suit someone made?

DEM HIPS: the game

Haven't seen a clear answer to this besides "u just gotta" but do you absolutely need the 1.5 upgrade for an original copy?
I found some line somewhere that said everything is compatible with everything but thats it.

On a straight rules basis you'll probably be able to get away with it, the problem is the new content has likely been balanced with all the new balance changes in mind, such as the massive nerf to Saviors and the buff to survival of the fittest and the changed antelope encounter. So you might run into situations that either become impossibly difficult or stupidly easy (more likely the latter due to savior jank) because the new content assumes you are playing with the new rules.

Other than that why would you not want the 1.5 update? it's basically its own expansion with the Gold Smoke Knight.

A few reasons. To get it I have to pay 15 bucks more than the KS price.
I already had a Gold smoke and traded it ages ago. Not really an exciting purchase.
I'd rather throw the 75 bucks at more stuff.

I swore I wasn't going to buy more expansions, but I did.

Has anyone tried making a club guy with new club rules? How was it?

Actually come to think of it any node 5 expansions do require the update as they all extend the timeline past the Gold Smoke Knight who already extends the timeline.
Furthermore Ivory Dragon is even more dependent on Gold Smoke Knight as it requires him to make certain armour sets.

For everything else you'll miss out on see pic related.

Why didn't you just get a pledge level with it included though?

Just assumed we could up the pledge at the manager but its not an option.
I'll probably get it.

>Abyssal woods comes with so much stuff
>150
I...

The full abyssal woods package is only 330$
Making it a much cheaper campaign replacement compared to the inverted mountain which comes in at 400$.

Not bad seeing it (off the top of my head) has more monsters to fight than Inverted Mountain.

I for one look forward to the magnificent flank our amazon is going to provide us, as well as new art of her.

It's 2017, get over it user.

Is that user wanting to sell his 1.3 core game minus the minis still around? I'd buy that in a heartbeat for a reasonable price.

Next update never.

Your bait is stale.

Like this game.

Did anyone confirm with poot, to apply the antelope reward upgrades to other quarrys

He didn't say specifics, of course, but did mention about changing things so that people didn't just play L1 farming the entire game

Went whole hog and decided to get the gamers lantern and the pin ups I wanted. pity about the settlement cards in the pinup boxes but hopefully we'll get another crack at them eventually.

Super looking forward to this game, I've got a group of friends that wants to try and possibly make it a regular thing.

Poots mentioned selling the pin up game cards in a separate bundle by themselves but I can't remember what update that was in on Kickstarter.

Should I get Manhunter? I've already got myself down for Lion Knight.

If your not hurting for quarries (especially node 1) you should definitely consider the Manhunter, he's a really fun nemesis.

Has there been any info on what the campaigns of death book actually contains? I think it's a great idea, but I'm hesitant to pledge for it without really knowing much.

We have no specifics, aside from there being an Ancient Butcher model and a bunch of new story events.

It will only contain stuff from currently existing expansions, none of the new stuff. So the more of the old expansions you have, the better and more likely you are to not end up with dead material.

Under other circumstances I'd assume there was an alternate Lion God campaign in there, but Silver City exists sooo....

Or maybe an expanded Bloom People campaign, but Abyssal Woods sooooo....

Maybe a Manhunter campaign? A Slenderman Campaign? People of the Gorm? Obviously an Ancient Butcher whatever campaign for sure, otherwise why include the model?

Getting CoD along with all the other new expansions is pretty lame since I'm going to want to play with all the new shit instead of just repurposing all the old shit

>the filthy little tumblrinas in the ks comments

upboat X1000 i agree

>Red Witches are sexist cause they show a lot of skin and portray a certain type of body image.
>The males in the game are fine though and don't already do the same thing.

God I fucking hate this double standard. Like look at almost all of the male sculpts from the Gamblers Chest. They're INSANELY buff.

Man I've watched the first two Lantern Years played by TheBeastsofWar on Youtube, and I am so excited for this game. I wish I could watch more but I don't want anymore spoilers on the story.

I've put down money for a lot of expansions but I'm wondering how long it will take to get through all of the content. It looks like the base game itself has an insane amount of junk packed into it.

In hindsight I REALLY should of went for a Satan Pledge... Oh well!

>Red witches looks like pinups thats sexist!
>few posts later
>I didnt say sexy was sexist!

Why do the pledge options in the manager keep decreasing. Theres only two super expensive options now. Wtf.

>"I can't tell the difference between a male sexual fantasy and a male power fantasy."
>"I literally have no clue what a sexualized man looks like."

Dear Poots, stop body-shaming me pls
t. sedentary beanpole

I did have a chuckle at the `male power fantasy` bit though.

Well a lot people don't. The male pinups are fag bait. Not sexualised. The standard models are.

So how long do we have to add funds onto the pledge manager? Want to pick a few other things up but would rather wait till I pay rent next month...

How much do you guys think we can expect the abyssal woods to cost when it's no longer at kickstarter price? I've been limiting myself to only current expansions because I don't want to have to pay for something I won't get for potentially well over a year. But if the kickstarter price is 150, I can only imagine what the regular price is going to be.

Honestly I think the $200 MRSP price tag is to low. With how much stuff is in the expansion $250-$300 seems closer.

Just with the amount of minis it comes with is mind boggling.

To put it in perspective Dragon King is $150 MRSP, 50 less than Abyssal Woods. It comes with 6 miniatures total, with one being the large Dragon King.

The Abyssal Woods comes with 22 last time I checked, with one of those being the large Dragon Goblin. And only for $50 more... It just doesn't add up to me.

Another thing to remember was Dragon King in the first kickstarter was only $35 (with an MRSP of $65).

TL:DR If you care about Abyssal Woods and have the money for it (and the required expansions) get it now.

Word is that until 20th March.

Oh god I'm going to spend so much money...

Probably 300+ it has as much if not more content than the base box and has a larger monster.

> not having already spent too much money

FOOL! DO YOU HAVE SO LITTLE FAITH IN POOTS?

I'm trying to decide how to divvy things up. I have 50 dollars left from my initial pledge which was going to go to gorm, but I'm teetering on going for one of the new node 1's cause they seem more interesting. I also don't have spidicules...so for spidicules and abyssal woods I'd have to NOT get gorm, and toss in another 150. And then I wouldn't have a node 1. I also wanted to throw another 95 in for dragon king and the hyper light drifter promo...

For reference, I spent 495 initially before the kickstarter ended. Got a black friday gold, so it was 300 for the game and gamblers chest, then the rest was originally planned on going toward gorm, slenderman, flower knight, lion knight, and dung beetle knight. Figured I'd add on for dragon king if we were able to. Now I just want to spend so much more money.

Honestly if I was in your place I wouldn't try to get the Abyssal Woods. Money is better spent getting Gorm/Dragon King.

You'll get to play with them sooner and they're both shown to be amazing expansions.

Kind of wish Poots would open up the basic upgrade pledge.
Paying $80 for a $60 pledge is bullshit.

If you have more faith in persistence, planning, and investment of time than you do in painting skill you could try casting small groupings of flowers on her rear and then making gs copies, touching them up by hand to make sure they look good. Painting them would then be easy and the effect might work. Haven't done it myself though. The rear feels more like a baroque dress's train than a 'cape'

Trailing flowers sprouting behind her would be fun though, if you have a larger base.

I've played the first couple of lantern years about 6 times now on TTS. I am ECSTATIC and CANNOT wait for the game to arrive. There is definitely enough content in the base game to last you for a loooong time.

>mosquito
>cute
do people not look at the artwork? she's a fucking bloated maggot with a woman on top.

i love her, and hate mosquito with a passion, but she is anything but cute.

still cute enough for me.

>mosquito
>not cute
You say that to my face motherfucker and I will glass you

I would legit love to see a "rival settlement" campaign happen, Not nessicarily with the bone-eaters even though I really like them as antagonists. but more of "Hey that's my quarry not yours, fuck off, this place isn't big enough for the two of us." with the occasional Send dudes to fuck up your hunt, yadda yadda.

So I don't understand this but Poots is going to give late pledgers an opening.
How will that work will they be able to get low pledges? Currently you can't get any pledge under 1600 dollars in the pm.
Are people that pledged for entry screwed? How is it fair.

It's hard to say until it happens but all of the super cheap pledges are no longer available now so don't think anyone is getting screwed.

I could also see all late pledges having delayed shipping dates for wave 1 & wave 2.

If thats the case how can new people be invited in there are no pledges. Just seems strange.
The limitations on pledging changing seems really arbitary. Just to get people to drop more on the 1st wave add ons.

The only available pledges left in the pledge manager are Gamers and Percival.

So I'm assuming late pledgers have to add money for everything separately which is more expensive than most of the pledges during the kickstarter.

> The limitations on pledging changing seems really arbitary. Just to get people to drop more on the 1st wave add ons.

What do you even mean by this?