CYOA Thread: Don't stop having fun!

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Music, Cooking, Sex
Intrigue her with love songs, woo her with a gourmet dinner, and fuck her brains out.

also
>pain brushes

I know I want Music for sure, but I have a hard time deciding the other two.
Do I want to exploit these powers for socioeconomic gain, or to alleviate personal challenges? Surgery could cover both for me, since I'm easily disturbed by blood and guts. I'll go with it.
I'll need Math to at least get through medical school, but I kinda want Drawing more for self-fulfillment.

> x - 7 = 19 + x
Hmmmm....

Screw it. I'm only taking Surgery and Math for now, so I can decide between Music and Drawing later.

Anyone know if there are any attempts to build huge CYOA trees (or rather graphs) collaboratively, as with a Wiki? Seems obvious so I assume has been tried many times but can't think of any examples.

I know I wanna be a Vigilante in this build.

>Kill Order, Bad Reputation, Trouble Magnet
26 points to start with
>Vigilante
>Cyber Possession
>Shroedinger
>Hacking
>Recordless
>Power Sight
>The Outsider Shard
>Apartment
>Financial Resources
>Equipment and Costume

I'll take the candle as a gift.
I doubt I'll need a roommate from that list.

Old thread: Smut thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

2a

2b

2c

2d

2e

> Math, Debate, Writing

First row and the sex option are meme quality

Drawing, writing and music

I can author my own comics and then write the soundtrack to them.

Grosbeak, Redstart and Woodpecker for the ironically immobile bird strike group.

>Music, Drawing, Math

Math will help immensely with my studies, just a quality of life thing, not needed but helpful.
Drawing will let me paint and create like I've always wanted to, never had any skill with art.

Music is my throwaway, I'm already a fairly decent clarinettist and singer. I'm more interested in the song writing part of this, even if I'll only use it to produce music for myself.

Sewing and Debate would also be useful but not having them isn't a huge issue

What's the text onthe bottom say?

Hey just wondering about the Travelers CYOA I remember seeings posts about it a lot in early 2016 now no one seems to mention it

Was it abandoned or did something happen?

>Hey just wondering about the Travelers CYOA I remember seeings posts about it a lot in early 2016 now no one seems to mention it
Dude, it gets reposted in almost every thread.

Also Highlander (the author) is currently working on some other project(s), so an update (or whatever was in the making for it) might take some time.

sorry don't visit this general often so i'm not up to date on everything

Was just trying to find a new version of The Travelers Cyoa in the last thread

Archive is really useful when you need to catch up on something specific.

Could someone please post the worm cyoa or any other god one? I need to do some escapism right about now

>Social+
Hopefully this'd make me less awkward in social situations.
>Bloodline: Changeling
Shapeshifting, with a side order of immortality. Not sure about the whole "wild nature" thing (I don't really see myself as using the animal forms all that much), so despite being the progenitor I might end up the odd one out in that regard (whereas the "not meshing that well with mainstream humanity" might already apply).
>Healing mage
Only interested in the healy side, mainly in the hope that I could keep myself fit and such despite little-to-no exercise (and for helping my bloodline-given regeneration along if needed). Also if it helps anatomical knowledge along any, that'd be great.
>Transmutation sorcerer
Changeling power only deals with natural humanoid/animal forms, so I'm taking this to augment my shapeshifting, just in case. The bloodline-born shifting should also be useable as a reset-button of sorts if something goes awry with my self-experimentation (no way am I using it on a non-changeling before I'm certain that I can do so without harming the subject). The non-living part sounds neat as well, might try it for something like sculpting or whatever (possibly also work on some sort of desalination method, if some other magic school does not solve that potential problem first - and perhaps even so, just for the sake of more options in that regard).

Be an immortal shapeshifter, avoid trouble, stay comfy. That's about it.

>the worm cyoa
There's like five. Please provide more information on the one you're looking for.

I'm sorry I don't know. Someone last thread mentioned the God cyoa was based off the worm one.

Did Fairy King got finished ?

Not yet. Give it time.

But I want it now!

So do I.

Have some OC, everyone.

As always, please inform me of any typos so that I may fix them. Thanks!

2/5

Here are some escapist powerfantasy cyoas

3/5

4/5

Blood Vampire progenitor
Physical 2
Mental 3
Social 1
Divination Mage

Make an army, rule it with an iron fist. Mental will help keep up with loyalties, Divination to avoid treason and to find new members to start with. And great social skills are needed for leadership.

The bloodline loyalty will help keep the fast growing army in line.

Ooh, a new one.

Sadly it'll get flooded off with the guy spamming cyoas. I hope you enjoy it!

This style is really getting stale.

Heh. Don't have the time to go through it right now, but I'll enjoy reading it over once I do. Had quite a bit of fun with the last one.

I'm sorry you don't like it, user.

Great!

I debated doing Changleing and Sorcerer of Elemtenalism. Just wreck shit and bring nature back, hardcore Lorax style

Oh, quick question. Are these what the rogue magical girls are supposed to turn into?

Agreed, I wish he'd branch out and learn more about whatever program he's using. It just looks bad at this point and every CYOA he makes looks the same down to the color palettes.

>Are these what the rogue magical girls are supposed to turn into?
Probably not, as the author isn't Beri.

Ah, I see. Well, my question got answered anyway just with a quick browse through.

I (the one that made the original) didn't make this.
You noticed.

I just have effects & fonts I like more than others is all...

You might hurt the author's feefees.

A couple more comments.

You should applaud them for imitating the style well enough that you couldn't tell the difference. That's what they were going for & they did it pretty well without any sort of template.

I'll try to give you propee feedback when I finish reading it.

>You should applaud them for imitating the style well enough that you couldn't tell the difference.

It's not a particularly complex or laborious style...

Radical man.

I'm just saying that they had a very clear reason for it to look similar, so you shouldn't fault them for it.

Does the "Even to adulthood." bit in Carnal Pit's Eroticism special just mean that you can make yourself look adult if you want?
How does the "Any temporary alteration can be made permanent." of Alteration S differ from the "Any alteration you make can now be permanent." of Alteration B?
How exactly does "Your touch can now be permanent if you want, over time." work?

>You noticed.
Of course I did - the top right corner has "not!b" instead of the usual "b" (and in a different font, too).

You try tracking down all the images, fonts, getting the blends on the boxes and stuff correct, then come back and talk.

>Does the "Even to adulthood." bit in Carnal Pit's Eroticism special just mean that you can make yourself look adult if you want?
Yes. You can change to be an adult in looks.

>How does the "Any temporary alteration can be made permanent." of Alteration S differ from the "Any alteration you make can now be permanent." of Alteration B?
Alteration B would only affect C and B as they're weaker then an A power, so You'd need the other one to affect S and A powers.

>How exactly does "Your touch can now be permanent if you want, over time." work?
Instead of wearing off you can set that physical touch contact to be permanent and keep building it up to whatever level you want. So you could touch someone and instead of it wearing off in an hour it'll stay at that level forever or until something else changed it. Then you could boost it higher next time you touched them and either let that wear off to the lower permanent level or make the new higher level permanent.

>Of course I did - the top right corner has "not!b" instead of the usual "b" (and in a different font, too).
Figured I should put that there.

>Companionship - Soul Mate
>Life - Sustenance - Unhungry - Durability
>Freedom - Shapeshift - Unchained - Teleport - Time Travel
>Power - Basic Magic - Adept Magic - Illusions & Mind Control

So with enough ranks in Culminate, you could make someone climax continuously while also never running out of sexual fluids?
Rather than having the touch-based effect be constant, could you also have it trigger at-will (on someone on whom you've previously applied the effect, of course)?

>So with enough ranks in Culminate, you could make someone climax continuously while also never running out of sexual fluids?
They'd need a source of constant magic to keep their fluids regenerating (the cost for that is pretty expensive), otherwise they'd dehydrate and die sooner or later. Same with too many climaxes, they're brain would just shut down. They'd need a counter of some sort to survive that.

You'd have to touch them to trigger a climax but you could combine it with something like curses to allow you to trigger it at will.

Is it just me, or is there no passive effect similar to what Depravity S gives in the original CYOA?

Absolute Territory 4
Mind Diver 2

Drawing
Writing
Throwing

Oh hell yes, nice work!

>Age
Average ( +5 Magic, -5 Physical) (Turning Adult with Carnal Pit)

>Pit
Primary: Carnal
Affinities: Wicked, Vanity

>Glamours
Deviance C, B
Shadow C, B, A, S
Twist C
Exhibition C
Alteration C, B, A
Invocation C, B, A, S
Culminate C, B, A, S
Mental C
Defense C
Reserve C, B, A
Agility C
Flexibility C, B
Carnal C, B, A, S, Succubus

>Weapon
Tome

>Outfit
Body Runes
Thematic (Invocation)

>Familiar
Docubot

>Jobs
Clean Up
Help People
Slay Phantoms
Purify Rogues

We need more like this

Automation
Who likes cleaning?
Just plain old luck
Obvious pick
NEET blessing
This alone give you an income of $182500 a year, and when combined with..
15% Discount
It essentially turns that into $209875 since that money will go 15% further.
Who needs the gym?
Because as much as i love working out god damn do i love shitty food

Wait, what's the point of affinities again if you don't get free glamours from it? Or am I reading it incorrectly?

Can you cast Alteration on yourself?

Math, surgery, writing.

Can you get Carnal as an affinity?

>mfw I like despai pit abilities
>but I'll have to feel a literal mental agony to use them

>Wait, what's the point of affinities again if you don't get free glamours from it?
You can only get S-ranks from your chosen Pit or its affinities.
Or you could pick a Pit with Despair affinity (if you want the S-ranks - otherwise you can just pick whichever Pit you like).

>Age: Old
>Pit: Fury
>Glamors: Acidic B (19), Curses C (free), Tremble A (17), Reserve S (14), Defense S (11), Mental B (9), Strength S (5), Stamina A (2), Agility B (0)
>Lycanthrope Animal: Wild Boar
>Tool: Tome (Shadow B, Alteration C)
>Outfit Traits: Armored/Flowing (Dexterity B)
>Familiar: Minitaur
>Special Boost: Physical
>Jobs: Slay Phantoms, Destroy Puppets, Purify Rogues

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That''s very possible. There are less spells then in the original.

I finished reading this. I saw a few typos but unfortunately forgot to write down WHERE they are. "run of the mill" should be "run-of-the-mill." And in one glamour description, it says, "your're"
I already said this, but good job on the similar graphics. I like how you kept the names, just changing the content, for the objectives. The new pets are neat. I remember I had a sorta rough time finding unique ones I liked. I had a similar trouble with the bag Tool. I like the picture you found. I'm flattered that you made a CYOA based around mine. There were a few things that didn't quite match up with how I envision Rogues (namely that they'd still be using the same Wells, but giving a new set is pretty much required for expanding them into their own CYOA).

In short, you did a good job, but I'm not sure how "cannon" it fits in (for example, I mentioned a Rogue that cast a city-scale Astra, which would require them to be able to learn it in your CYOA to avoid a plot hole.)

I'll make an anonymous build later.

Nice Build and great image too!

You gain free glamours in your Main Pit of Power.
You can buy up to S rank in your Main Pit and your affinities.

Yes you can target yourself.

No. Carnal is a special case being the first pit. So it's kind of stand alone in that regard.

You can do what said and go for an affinity instead. Also you don't have to be the one feeling those emotions as you can charge off of others who feel those emotions, if there's no one around then, yeah you'd have to feel them to charge up.

RAGEMAN!...Er RAGEGIRL! Battle Boar Babe

Hi Beri!

People were talking about doing a cyoa based off yours and someone did a kind of one, while I was working on this. I really liked your Magical Girl one and was inspired to make this. I'm glad you're not offended and are ok with it.

The idea I had was that this is what happens when Rogues go too far into the corruption, then they become Dark Magical Girls or Monster Girls. I also made allowances for the ability for DMG/MG to cast a single Well's rites if they take the right option, which would allow them to cast a city wide Astra and keep your lore intact.

We need you to make more like this

No user, we need YOU to make more like that.

Do you need S rank in Physical to get Monster Girl? It's not clear, the fact that it's cost mentioned seperate could mean that it can be bought seperate.

I think the Monster Girl option is like a rank above S.

!!!

Yep! That's the plan. Get [incalculable number]% mad and just let whoever I'm working with drop me in the middle of a gaggle of enemies, activating a Tremble on impact and going from there.

Yes you need to buy the physical tree up to the monster girl level, and then pay the point for the monster girl form, so 5 points total in the appropriate physical glamour.

The fact that it's cost is mentioned really trowhs me off, like why would it be mentioned at all if it follows normal logic and costs of ranks.

Because it seems bad to assume people will get that in cyoas and might have thought that once you bought the s rank you became a monster girl for free. Seems it's confusing either way. Sorry.

That's awesome!

Young - to be cute / magic is more fun
Carnal - I could see myself fueling this, Obsession, or Vanity, but Carnal I liked the Carnal Glamours most.
Alteration S (3) lewd combat transformations
Invocation S (6) shrinking & growth, but I like the other parts, too.
Culminate S (9) I wanted the addictive touch of A & figured I'd spend one kore point for S.
Defense S (12) I value survival
Siphon MG (16) It has those useful recharge skills, flight, & some other n8ce perks like lewd batteries.
Inseparable S (20) yandere mode. Getting this at S means it is one of my adjacent affinities. I'm out of points, so the other doesn't matter.
Mind / Reserve both at default C.
Bag - so I can build lewd traps just for the Chaotic Lewd pleasure of it.
Minimal - I don't feel like holding back.
Thematic (Alteration) - a constantly-shapeshifting bikini.
Docubot - having it record my embarrassing secrets sounds like a fun, antagonistic exchange. It's embarrassed expressions at finding such secrets would be cute.
Magical Boost - I don't have any physical anyhow... which might be a separate problem.
I'm gonna focus on helping people.