/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous Thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/bucking-broncos-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question

Among all the characters you've made for any of the WoD/CofD splats, which one is your favorite to this day and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1HoCgoLAnK2blvtrin4hFRK32LF2l4VbSZtnA6UxU84w/edit?usp=sharing
shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTrustProductions/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY

My changeling, an Ogre Dragon/Ifirit (special Ice Variant)

Life Mages don't need to eat to gain Endorphins.

All the sex they have and the joys of solving mysteries does more than enough to keep their endorphins up.
In case of emergency, forcing your brain to release endorphins is just a ruling practice.

@ Entropy mages

I did point out that Thyrus are kind of a weak point in the plan, but 4 out of 5 branches of mages isn't bad for a whole sale plot. I just need to think a little harder on how to rob a Thyrus mage of their magic just long enough to kill them.

Like working my magic on your whore so that while your basking in the after glow she stabbing you 49 time with a Hedgespun dagger that doesn't inflict pain, but rather pleasure, and very real wounds.

>forcing your brain to release endorphins
I don't see this ending well.

I too, also try to solve my problems with poison.

Excellent choice. Runner up prize goes to the Janitor from Scrubs.

>Be Janitor at hospital
>Watch a lot of sick people take months to get better
>Notice some wrecks who should be organ donors are fine by following morning
>nurses don't seem to care about their rapid recovery
>mop by their room's clipboard
>write down their names and addresses
>Also there's this dorky post grad going for his residency who also tries to be my friend
>He's probably trying to suck me dry, I'll deal with him tonight.
And the hunt begins.

So fellow Hunterfags, what's the best hunt you ever had?

It works.

Because magic.

>I don't see this ending well

Says you and no one else

>tonight, on a very special episode of 'Scrubs'

No I see that ending bad too, in an endorphin addiction. Enjoy your persistent Addiction condition, and then enjoy the spiral when you squeeze your glands dry trying to get that next fix.

>MAGE SUPREMACY
what supremacy? taking the knot?
that's the only supremacy I can think of

>Implying a Thyrsus can't identify hormone imbalance and cure it in the same round
>Implying a Thyrsus can't boost your estrogen production and give you bitch tits for doubting her

The matter mage who has replaced his organic body with a swarm of nano bots or liquid metal would take pride in never needing to eat or breath or sleep. He'd be like that AI from GiTS, foregoing all need for biological functions, he's completely rewritten his body into a programmable and rebuildable living metal form, he's better than a cyborg. He's that other terminator in terminator 2.

And like the the terminator, he won't stop until your fruit stand has been turned to Francium so the first of your fae tears to touch it will engulf the two of you into a violent explosion.

Fatal to anyone without a liquid metal body.

should read
If it's any consolation...I'm sure that entropy mage would chow down on some scrumptious pineapple...he'd probably shoplift you to get at it after hearing your sale's pitch because entropy players are cheap irl and ig.

You're asking for one of those tiny urethra seeking catfish from the amazon to be magicked into your knot

Shitposting aside, a strange vendor selling unknown magic fruit is a decent Mystery to start off a Chronicle.

>Among all the characters you've made for any of the WoD/CofD splats, which one is your favorite to this day and why?

My hermetic mage from house flambeu who was also a former Cobra Kai.

Basically i love playing mage as stupid thematic mage who solve all his problems with various applications of fire instead of just summoning a flesh eating bacteria or some shit.

From page 110 MtAw
>Mages have a number of means by which they can open their eyes to the supernatural, seeing (or even hearing, smelling, touching and tasting) the subtle currents of super- natural powers at work in the world. While all mages have an innate sixth sense to detect the presence of active powers (see above), it does not allow them to identify or analyze such powers. For that, they need to enchant their senses with one of the Unveiling Practices of the many Arcana.

Any supernatural power leaves its resonance lingering behind.

The Thyrsus wouldn't know exactly what you did to the pineapple, but she would see the enormous red flag that is its resonance as easily as she would notice you've taken a bite already.

Being able to tell it's a juicy ripe pesticide free pineapple raised in an organic mulch of steer manure and pearlite with earth worm soil blend would be a perk of Thyrsus sight, but pro farmer market shopping is not what it's for.

You're still on a one way trip to pound town.

Has anyone here played CofD Mummy? Fantasized about playing? Tell me about it. I'm reading through the core book now and it's pretty fuckin cool

What the fuck is up with these smug anime girls?

Some avatarfagging shitposter.

This general needs more memes.

You do know any chemical addiction is trivially fixed by life 1 or 2 right? And it doesn't even need to be lasting.

plz halp. I don't know what resonance my npc shoud have in mage. wat do?

Moving along with the Changing Breeds rewrite. So far the most inexplicable thing about them to me is their intense WtA-esque butthurt over the urbanization of Man and the destruction of nature. I could see being upset at habitat loss, but they don't explicit go running wild with other animals, nor is there any sort of Gaia earth mother world-soul to defend from an evil corrupting force of the cosmos.

It falls really flat when you don't have metaplot justifications for why they're crazy assholes.

I was going to buff their healing and snip out any egregiously broken mechanics.The whole Feral Heart and Harmony thing feels a bit dumb though, Delusion is like a sillier version of Lunacy, and I'm not sure I care for them having a Death Rage-lite when none of them appear to be the children or blessed ones of Luna. So i'm thinking about getting rid of it entirely. Death Rage feels more like an Uratha thing and would explain why they are The Best warrior-hunters of all the shapeshifters. That or selectively limit it to predator breeds or cantankerous herbivores like Tigers and Bulls.

Can I get a Y/N on these Vampire/Mage Steam games without any creator drama? Has anyone run through them?

I had a really mouthy Corax reporter and author who would travel the globe stirring shit. She got dragged into a Hengeyokai game and was nearly assassinated by a demon ninja Buzzard. Later there was a Tremere trying to summon a kaiju to destroy the Tokyo branch of the Beast Courts because of course that would happen and she stuffed a sun grenade up his robes. Good times.

Also she was thicc and had huge titties but I was too afraid to mention this part so I kept it to artwork I never showed anyone. They all assumed she was a skinny ass goth-wanna-be with glasses.

Pic sort of related.

The writing is terrible, even without taking who made them into account. It's absolutely horrible, and does not take the medium (texting) into account. People end up texting back PARAGRAPHS within minutes, supposedly while fucking or fighting.

The Vampire plot is incredibly stupid, with thinbloods apparently fucking around enough and breaking masquerade constantly but OH NO ALL THE ELDERS HAVE BEEN CALLED TO THE EAST for some reason so no one is killing them for it. Like, not even Hunters or anyone else.

The Mage one ends up with a DEEP CHOICE SYSTEM where you can choose to help put an upper cap on immigration in Sweden or not. For some reason, the Technocracy cares a lot about this issue, despite being in space and going to planets and shit.

Torrent when? I´m curious enough to play it, but not to buy it.

Yes, please, do not give your money to it. You can find enough screencaps lying around on the internet to honestly get a feel for it.

No news on it being pirated yet though. I guess you could try playing it super fast and getting a refund on Steam for it.

Alright. I've never played a text-based text game before so I was curious.

There are decent games done via text or a literally texting-on-phones format, but this isn't one of them.

Tentative yes. Vampire starts off okay and as an interesting concept, but it shoddily written and full of left wing agenda. Mage however is pretty great, and the politics are even handed, it's just quite short. About 8-9 hours of content, before running through to see what differences there are.

Mostly though, it's the first pieces of content for the OWoD, and it needs supporting if only so we get bigger budget projects, and they aren't exactly expensive.

The one screencap of like someone texting someone else (I guess this is essentially the game) with the severed torso on the couch was what made me interested. Kinda Neon Demon vampire vibe. I didn't know anything about the Mage one except that it's in Sweden.

>kept it to artwork

You actually drew it yourself or had it drawn by someone else?

When I use the Prime 4 attainment to make an Imbued Item, what determines the size of the Mana battery? When you start with one, the Merit rating decides, but there's no rules I can find for ones you make.

Well, technically there should be a spirit of the whole earth since everything has a spirit, right? Maybe the venerate that. Just throwing in some thoughts, I've never read the books.

Drew it myself.

Post THICC

It explains it at the bottom of the Attainment description.
Base of 1 point of Mana capacity, but you can add additional required successes to increase that capacity by 2 per success added.

I will when i'm not at work, promise.

docs.google.com/document/d/1HoCgoLAnK2blvtrin4hFRK32LF2l4VbSZtnA6UxU84w/edit?usp=sharing

So because I didn't get a real chance to see people's reactions other than one guy and mage shitposters I'm posting this again.

Also, to that guy who's games have been ruined by Jojo, I am sorry for you and I hope this does nothing but help by giving your shitter GM's actual rules to work with

>mage supremacy

The problem with the Mage one is that it is set in Sweden.
It's... just disgusting self-promotion for them to do that, when the US have ALWAYS been at the heart of WoD stories.

Silly user, WoD is about Europe now. =^)

>>mage supremacy

Too bad both Berlin and London by Night sucked absolute cock. I'm fine with them going more international, but Sweden is bullshit because it's a backwater that they only give a shit about because they're from there.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1HoCgoLAnK2blvtrin4hFRK32LF2l4VbSZtnA6UxU84w/edit?usp=sharing
I NEEDED THIS IN MY LIFE! My only suggestion at a 10-minute glance would be to add in more rock and roll references, it is JoJo after all.

That is EXACTLY the problem.
nWW are trying to ram their "oh look at us, we are European now, we are so cool!"-cock down the throat of everyone.

I tried, but honestly there was only so much I could do. Feel free to make suggestions though on specific names.

If it helps I did try to make sure that everything was at least a bit metal.

>that podcast where Chris Allen has obviously kidnapped a chav girl and forces her to play a game of WtF
listening to the poor slag stumble through the campaign with all her um's and uh's is as painful as the repeated beatings he's surely given her during the cuts to dead air.

Where can I find this cringe-worthy podcast?

N on vampire
Y on mage

I'm a Mage

Anyone tried statting out the Alienist legacy from left handed path in 2e?

I AM A PROUD MAGE SUPREMACIST

shoutengine.com/InSanityWeTrustProductions/

I understand, and i'll suggest edits as I go through it over the next few hours.
>I did try to make sure that everything was at least a bit metal.
The gods could ask for no more than that.
I need to find this podcast as well.

Can you draw well then?

I need to bug Chris Allen about some 1e -> 2e Forsaken stuff from nwod, does he have a public email that can be contacted?

Even in videogames Mages win

I can only buy them together senpai, because Steam is kind of retarded.

Chav werewolves sounds fucking mint mate.

Well that's subjective but I like to think I'm 'okay'

>Pic relate

That's not bad. Not particularly noteworthy, but far from the nightmare that I feared you would post. Okay then, when you have the time, post your Coraxfu.

Wow, I missed that. Is that only for exceptional successes?

Noteworthy takes experience and time I don't have at the moment, but I have a 5-year plan in mind to 'git gud' .. whenever it is I am able to make time from working myself to death.

Oh god, going back through Hamon has revealed just how bad some of my writing was for this. EDITING HAS COMMENCED ONCE AGAIN

At least you actually fucking write. I'm starting to get so damn disheartened that the vast majority of writers across various fandoms I'm part of seem to just vomit their biases, agendas and virtue-signals through a word processor.

I want politics and the social issues scene to be calm and relatively boring again.

I'll be sure to insert my liberal bias into the work at large now just to piss you off.

New Hamon Tradition of transqueer demikin anyone?

Haha, g-good one. W-wait, you are kidding, right?

Right?

I've started the vampire one on my phone on my rides to work, I must confess I'm pleasantly surprised for now, but I think the medium plays a good part in it, and going though it on my computer would probably be less immersive, if you see what I mean (big wallpapers with text in the middle vs your phone screen).
For the record, I didn't knew anything about the drama before it happened, and I don't care at all about e-celeb bullies and sjw literally shaking.

You must have really low standards and zero familiarity with the setting if you think any of that writing is even remotely decent.

>>that podcast where Chris Allen has obviously kidnapped a chav girl

Chris' wife is Polish. Are you sure that "chav girl" you're insulting isn't his spouse or other relative?

Have you ever actually read the fiction present in oWoD? Even if you like the underlying narrative in the books they aren't exactly the pinnacle of English literature.

........ you know, I'm actually wondering if I could write such an abomination and have it make sense when compared to the one homebrew tradition I did make. Maybe they get power from their condition...

(IF, and that is a huge if, I do end up doing this, it would probably be more otherkin with a sense of "Their madness is how they make their Ripple Energy". And I would make it full blow madness, no question about it.)

(again let me stress how HUGE the "If" is in that statement)

I did say enjoyable on my rides to work, not decent writing, but I understand having been bullied online by a freak was probably a troubling experience for you, so it's alright if you misread my post.
I noticed there's always one poster adamant about telling theses 'games' are cancer and everybody shouldn't buy them and support nuWWP, is that you ?

Is it a cute chav girl?

Mage one is cool, Vampire one is just ass and exceptionally misleading when your protagonist is some faggot thinblood who appears to not care about anything most of the time despite the traumatic experience of, you know, being turned into a shitty low-rent vampire.

>Silly user, WoD is about Europe now.
>the problem with the Mage one is that it is set in Sweden

A chronicle set in London, Paris, Berlin or some other well-know and very large international and cosmopolitan city would hardly be objectionable, despite the majority of WW consumers resident in the USA.

However, Sweden if effectively the ass end of nowhere with little to no international, cultural or even mythological import to the average player. If you're Swedish, this is not meant as an insult to you or your country, but there no denying there's a reason why Sweden is virtually never a setting for any media outside of Scandinavia.

I love you. We love you. Know that you are appreciated in this dark period of sweeping insanity.

Rome would also have been cool. Really anywhere but Scandenavia.

France in particular has been hit hard by the whole refugee thing. Why wouldn't you use that?

Yeah, the protagonist goes from "wtf is happening to me" to texting his friend "we're vampires and shit now so cool" in no time, there's absolutely nothing on him realizing the situation he's in and the dread or excitement you would expect from it.
I'm expecting better from the Mage one, based on the feedback I've read here, but it'll probably take some days before I finish it (unless this one actually pushes me to finish it at home).

Two, actually.

A Stonebones Ogre, who was part of a Hedge pirate crew (we were essentially the Pirates from Hook, as changelings). His whole bit was obfuscating stupidity; he had high mentals and the best investigation and occult score in the game.

Two, an Invictus Nosferatu/Galloi whose deal was he was the heir to a shipping company in the Victorian era, fell in love with his sister, got shipped to China and then spent most of the rest of his unlife fleeing from the disciples, other Galloi, of his sire, who he ate. He ran a Kindred shipping company focused on moving Kindred, Kindred artifacts, and such like that.

Both were fun.

Personally, I started out with high hopes for We Eat Blood and felt it started out slightly compelling, but I should have seen the warning sign that was the 'racist busdriver' you could murder, and in the long run it neatly fits Mage is far better, with more even handed writing, but it's also incredibly short.

I'm reasonably happy to have bought them, for Mage, and to support the One World of Darkness. (Have they dropped the 'One'? Seems just to be World of Darkness now.)

>MFW my Giles image is reused

There needs to be more Giles. He was always a level head in an insane world.

> (Have they dropped the 'One'? Seems just to be World of Darkness now.)

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. It could result in a copyright issue, or lack of copyright protection, if they rebranded it One World of Darkness. Or maybe they just wanted to not mislead people. nwod is already Chronicles of Darkness so that subverts it there.

An unusual but useful spirit that I could imbue in one item using the werewolf ritual?

I don't want to go like "Spirit of fire into bullet" kind of thing, but more like "Spirit of Alcohol into Cola" kind of style.

To be honest, Giles and the Watchers is one of the inspirations for a faction of vampires in my not-WW attempt at coming up with an alternate vampire scenario.

I did 'spirit of wind' into gauntlets to get ranged punch one, and spirit of spying into car engine to report on an enemy's movements.

Anyone looking forward to Agony? It's vidya, but its not like conversation is exactly jumping here, and unless it's a AAA sequel /v/ doesn't give a shit.

I'm looking forwards to wandering around what looks like the anus of a Tzimisce fortress. And being a Fallen fan is only a minor (...massive) part of that.

Honestly? It made me think more of WtA. Specifically places like Malfeas, or pain spirits in general.

vampire/mage new steam things torrent when

Two high level masters have gotten into a lover's quarrel and the entire councilia is feeling the effects. How should we go about solving this?

Walk in and speak with Prime the following

"Mommy, Daddy, Stop Fighting. You are making us scared."