Why doesn't he show how much he makes on Patreon?

Why doesn't he show how much he makes on Patreon?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't you post your driver's license and credit card information?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.

The vast majority of people on patreon show how much money they're earning. In fact, by default they do, you have to specifically click not to show it.

The Professor doesn't want people to know how well off he is after his e-begging campaign. Even when he was """"poor"""" he lived in the Bay Area, worked as a professor, and had a card collection worth more than a lot of cars. He's never known poor and he still wants it to look like he's a Youtuber who makes no money.

I assumed as much, I was just explaining why it isn't unusual or compromising to show how much money you make on patreon. Most people do.

Why does it matter?
Were you going to donate under any conditions?

>Not sure what that has to do with anything.
I want OP to post more information than he's comfortable posting. Just like OP and whoever it is he's talking about.

Unwritten rule of Patreon: unless your top tribute involves food you fail at life.
Apparently Decu makes 300 dolaridoos

Many Magic the Gathering players ask the question: how do I basic research and deduction?

>average pledge on patreon is 5 bucks
>2925 x 5 = 14,625
>patreon takes a 5% fee
>14625 x 0.95 = 13,893

Yeah. He earns more worth than he's worth.

>5%
wtf? seriosly? Fenoxo excused his laziness by implying patreon took like half of his donations

>believing anything Fenoxo says
What are you? Flashback from 2010?

He looks as an adjunct at a community college I would expect him to be.

So she will print a 1-off book of waifu showing how to make recipe and e-book copy? Why not just ebook? physical copy will cost more to make as a 1-off if done as a book. Maybe she means pamphlet?

Yeah, problem there is that roughly 30% of donations are just people who jump off at the end of the month and don't actually donate anything.

Don't know how long it's been down but I did the math for his monthly when it was still up and I believe it was like $130,000+ for a yeara wage

Because he thinks that giving him $100 is lunacy and that you deserve a little physical recipe book featuring your waifu for being crazy.

Protoculture is weird.

Yeah, he feigns poverty but the fucker has got it made.

He lives in California, which has ridiculous property expenses, and supports a wife and child.

If he were a single guy I'd say he's got it made, but I wouldn't call him "well off" by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah but he has the ability to move elsewhere

Does he have to? I don't generally publicise my earnings unless I have to.

I'll give you a hint though; he's probably not making that much when you factor in operational expenses. His actual job would probably have paid him way better.

>operational expenses
>buying a bunch of cards that he would have anyways

Well that and cost of living expenses, maintenance of equipment and Internet connection, guest actors, basic video editing time, audio, you know when you actually look at Youtubers his production values aren't bad.

>living expenses
You mean that thing that everyone has to pay?
>equipment
Okay, you spend at most a few grand for good video and sound equipment. Then you don't have to buy more for years.
>internet connection
As if he bought internet just for his show.
>editing time
Time isn't an expense, and it's not like editing is hard work. It's just monotonous.

Well, he ain't making that much then, because he's unemployed for the next semester or so, since the classes he was teahcing in his actually community college work were cut due to budgetery problems.

Technically maybe, but when I was briefly in that area I knew plenty of people who got by but weren't able to build up enough savings to be able to afford to move. Many weren't able to understand why they would want to as well.

Still way too much

You're starting to reek of jealousy.
If you want the patreon bucks, find something you can offet to people and get the patreon bucks. The money is right there for the taking, you don't have to be miserable all your life because that's what is expected of you.

Nah, I like my job. I just think he should be transparent about the fortune he's making.

>I like my job
How much do you earn in your job?

$70k. I'm a Nurse.

I don't think it's wrong for him to choose not to show it, nor that it really matters whether he "deserves" some arbitrary amount of money. He's free to choose not to show it, and people are free to take that into account when choosing whether or not to give him money.

This is super common in the online E celeb world. Because their income depends on donations it's more profitable to appear the poor guy working out of his basement than the guy heading towards being a millionaire.

>Why doesn't he show how much he makes on Patreon?
Because the average person doesn't understand the difference between revenue and profit.

>Time isn't an expense
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

Nurse (male)?
YOOOOOO!

Yes. tfw affirmative action worked in my favor.

There are a LOT of male nurses.
t. hospital pharm tech