Dungeon Maps

In this thread you post dungeons and talk about dungeons.

Starting topic: Have you ever made a dungeon too powerful or too weak for the players?

i'm lurking and appreciating a great deal, OP, fwiw

take a guess guys.

I found this recently, what do you think?

I've never made a dungeon that was just right for the party. I'm irredeemably terrible at balance. But I make corrections on the go, so that in the end every dungeon ends up appropriate.

Looking at these turn me on.

Lunch break. Back in a few.

flustered DMs everywhere, avoiding eye-contact

Step aside, niggers.

Unfortunately, the few other pictures I have of this set appear to be too large for the file limit to handle. You'll have to Google them.

I love his adventure summaries. Thank you for stepping up.

in b4 someone claims this is a stupid design...

Next six are pretty cool.

Thats it for today. Peace.

Thank you all anons.

Same here. Lot's of good stuff here.

>Aztec
am I being meme'd?

this is so fucking cool.

This is clearly a stupid design

Wait a minute! I recognize that deathtrap!

Incredible! Now we just need the one from Blood in the Chocolate to finish the set, but given that the book's never been freed I doubt we'd get it soon.

> pit trap at the base of stairs

Clever, insomuch as your eyes will be drawn up the stairs and not toward the floor.

>Blood in the Chocolate
Never heard of that one, but we're still missing the caverns of tsocawhatever and Vault of the Drow (pic related)

I must say that I am greatly appreciating this thread.

Oh man, are they still making these? I haven't seen this one yet.

Better resolution.

The first time I ever built a dungeon was before I was actually playing any sort of tabletop. I already had a good grounding in fantasy literature and roguelike games, and one of my friends was strapped for time and so asked me to design a mid-sized dungeon to be inhabited by a rather weak enchanter that had managed to snag a goblin clan and bandit tribe to his banner.
So I built a dungeon that I would have made with those tools. It had murder holes, scouts and sentries, storerooms for provisions in case of a siege, false hallways just to distract and trap intruders, alarm systems to alert the entire dungeon if something was amiss. All the things you'd build into your keep if you were worried about murder hobos or the kings men coming to flush you out.
I didn't see it run, but it apparently decimated the party of 6th level characters despite being full of mostly level 1-2 enemies right out of the MM with my notes on how they would tactically approach a situation.
Kinda wish I had asked for it back when he was done, had everything detailed out on graph paper with a half dozen pages of notes.

I have a question for everyone, would you guys be interested in a kickstarter / paying (2 - 4 dollars) for a modular dungeon set like this? Of course including objects that you can use yourself and some pre-made rooms, this is just a test version I have right now.

>This SirInkman guy
Damn he's done a lot of good stuff, and put a lot of it online to.

In my experience making grid-based dungeons is ludicrously easy for a DM willing to put in the time to make it, and there are a ton of free resources out there. So no.

What would you recommend? Basing it on rooms instead, doing dedicated battlemaps like this? (I made this as well)

>The Aztec built pyramids, right?

There might be a market in battlemaps/dungeons on commission, but I think there are already a ton of free resources out and about. Sites like cartographers are fucking full to the brim with them.

aaand that is going RIGHT into my game. Thank you.

Welcome, guy has done tons of stuff.