What's the worst roleplay system ever and why is it this?

What's the worst roleplay system ever and why is it this?

Name another system that lets you do this, I dare you.

3.PF is considerably worse, and that's not even the bottom of the barrel.

Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm not sure I entirely agree with that if I'm honest desu.

Thank you for the delicious bait, I'm going to say F.A.I.T.A.L. now.

Lel Epic maymay OP

solid argument, OP

Worst RPG ever is Eclipse Phase, but thanks for trying.

>gurps
>worse than VTNL

At vtnl, if you go to some store, you can't kill the seller, you can't rob the store or the seller, you can't kidnap the seller and ask for money, you burn down the entire store.

>you burn down the entire store.
change that to
>you can't burn down the entire store.
This fucks with the reason people would play an tabletop rpg instead of a console one. The extreme freedom that you wont have at pc games because you need to code every single thing you want at an game, and make sure your pc can handle

anyway, the game was made by a guy that decided to never play tabletop rpgs

I can probably find something worse than F.A.T.A.L., but that might take awhile. I doubt Holy War or Ass Goblins are worse.

Hybrid.

That is possibly the worst way you could have explained why VTNL sucks. Of all the examples you could have chosen, you went with the one that boils down to "You can't play CN That Guys!"

Why

It's shitty and massively overrated, but not the worst by far.

I strongly disagree with your assertions, but respect your right to an opinion.

>shitty and massively overrated
How so? GURPS has always seemed solid to me, as well as being fairly niche..as opposed to overrated. Tbqh I haven't played any GURPS but still...

Ass Goblins is a novel.

Please let this "le GURPS is shit" meme finally die.

Quirk: Incompetence (Bait) -1pt

---------J-----------
>

Paladium should get a mention

Another assmad D&D fanboy, nothing to see here folks

(You)

FATAL is stil better than GURPS.
GURPSer need to be killed and sterilized.

Great setting, game itself is overly complex. Using software to create character sheets is mandatory, or else you have to sit there for hours doing math.

"best", "worst", they're just rules, and rules are just ideas. I seriously wish you all would elevate your thinking. I was in /gdg/ the other day, wanted to brainstorm a mystery RPG played over Twitter. "That's weird," they said, and proceeded to argue about whether another fantasy heartbreaker should handle randomness with a 1d20 or 2d6. And daring to gloat about how much money they would make selling this tripe. So hidebound, so stupid, everything is considered a finished product with no ounce of mental effort from any of them. For God's sake if you've got the extra chromosome then just shut the fuck up in the forum and let the people with the second grade education do the talking

>B.A.T.A.L.
Truly the most awful of all traditional games.

>all these people bringing up games that literally no one plays

Nah, the worst system has to be measured by how awful it is relative to the number of people that play it. A game that is played by fewer people bears less consideration because it's shit is better contained.

On this metric, GURPS is definitely up there as a bad game, because it's an autism simulator with a vociferous fanbase. But it still doesn't hold a candle to 3.5 and its derivatives.

Bonus round: Shadowrun. The fanbase isn't as large as 3.5 or as pushy as GURPS, but the game itself is vastly more awful than either.

It will die when it stops being true. GURPS exists for one purpose and one purpose only: to satisfy autism.

RaHoWa

I think the argument is that the system doesn't let the player make choices. Any other game wouldn't explicitly list them as options, or it would give you a warning against doing bad shit like that, but it wouldn't explicitly prevent them either.

What do you consider a good rpg

You're both wrong and dumb, as well as a shitposter. Congrats on being 3 for 3.

GURPS has its good points. It's better for Hard Sci-Fi games, and it's got it's appeal to tacti/k/ool gamers.

I'm sad this thread will continue to bump once the 3.5-gument really picks up.

You bumped this shit thread from the last inch of page 10. Please kill yourself.

None of them. They're all shit and we all just eat up various bits of shit until we can't stand them anymore.

You're assblasted and in denial. So two for two.

>shitposting this hard
Jesus dude.

>a typical Veeky Forums poster in his natural environment

Yet for some reason, you're compelled to reply.

Welcome to Veeky Forums 2017. We're all idiots who hate fun. Everyone hates each other for having wrongfun playing their badwrong systems using wrongthink methods, and th3 only winners here are the shitposters.

Yes. I'm hoping one of the nonexistent mods will see how shit this thread and its contents are, and trim it without mercy accordingly. Also ideally permabanning everyone inside, but especially OP. I know those are both a lot to wish for, but I didn't get much for Christmas so I'm hoping there's roll-over.

I dunno, I kinda enjoy it. I wish the people here were a bit less thin-skinned.

Have fun, enjoy bantz.

Won't happen unless we switch the conversation over to something else entirely. This fits within the mods definition of passable content, because just deleting Shit left and right goes against Veeky Forums's ideal of being a bastion of free speech.

If you really wanted to get this thread deleted, you'd have to discuss something like which Monstergirl is best, and why it's Scylla.

Agreed, the problem is that people don't realize that their ego and happiness doesn't have to depend on their opinions posted on a Mongolian Finger-painting board.

Old Veeky Forums was just as shitty, the difference was it was less tribal, and people could take things less seriously. This thread might have turned into something like a Toenail Clipper RPG halfway down.

GURPS is the worst because it's generic. There is nothing attractive to it beyond the system itself, and the system itself is basically competent - and that's it.

>Agreed, the problem is that people don't realize that their ego and happiness doesn't have to depend on their opinions posted on a Mongolian Finger-painting board.

People here seem to take any suggestion of people liking things different than they do, or not liking things they do like as a personal attack.

Exactly. Tribalism. "This is mine, that is yours, you try and hate mine, and you'll get yours."

OP here. I've never actually played a pnp game before and I just picked one I'd heard of that wasnt d&d.

I'm glad I was able to start a conversation and thus make a worthwhile contribution to this community.

Thanks for the input guys.

>FATAL is stil better than GURPS.
>GURPSer need to be killed and sterilized.

Go back to /pol/

By sheer luck you managed to pick a somewhat controversial love-it-or-hate-it system that made it possible in the first place for all the people to get baited.

Also you didn't even had to bother searching for something that isn't DnD, posting any edition of DnD would've had about the same reaction.