Total War Warhammer Brettonia Cinematic

youtube.com/watch?v=60WQUG3XW3M

Are you ready to unite Brettonia under its rightful Sovereign?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.co.uk/2015/11/02/ea-makes-twice-as-much-from-dlc-as-it-does-from-selling-full-games-online
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stil debating on buying the humble bundle for this month whichs gives warhammer total war for 12.

Then I saw all the dlc I had to buy for the game.
Fuck creative assembly and their jew tactics

>the most standard medieval human faction
I'm just here to let you know that I don't care.

PEASANT ARMY
HERE I COME

>Melee Infantry
Peasant Mob
Foot Squires
Spearmen-at-arms
Spearmen-At-Arms(Shields)
Men at arms
Men-At-Arms (Shields)
Men-At-Arms (Polearms)
Grail Reliquae
Battle Pilgrims

>Ranged infantry
Peasant Bowmen
Peasant Bowmen (Fire Arrows)
Peasant Bowmen (Pox Arrows)

>Melee Cavalry
Mounted Yeomen
Knights Errant
Knights Of The Realm
Questing Knights
Grail Knights
Grail Guardians

>Ranged cavalry
Mounted Yeomen Archers

>Flying Cavalry
Pegasus Knights
Royal Pegasus Knights
Royal Hippogryph Knights

>Artillery
Field Trebuchet
Blessed Field Trebuchet

>Lords
Noble Brett Lords
Prophetess(Spellcaster)

Green Knight is a hero unit

I bought the game with the humble thing and kind of regret it. Fucking DLC bullshit.

How much is Bretonnia going to cost? I can't even play half the fucking armies unless I spend another $40. Fuck CA and fuck Sega.

It's a pity you can't torrent the DLC like you can for Paradox games which is their only redeeming feature.

Its free poorfags

>How much is Bretonnia going to cost?
0 usd.

Good then. I'm not even poor, I just don't throw my money around with shitty business practices that fuck over the consumer.

so how much does this actually add that isn't in the game already? people have done brettonian campaign unlock mods for a while. green knight is new I guess, and it'll have grand campaign objectives that are designed by the devs, but other than that...?

nevermind I'm retarded, I didn't actually read that list because I'm stupid

Honestly, all you have to do is buy the factions you like. You can still play against the faction you don't have

Also it's sort of justified considering they're using new skeletons, animations, and different VAs, maps, lords, skill trees and magic

Unlike fucking every other game in the TW series that reused assets like a motherfucker

you've got plenty of content in the base game. it's definitely worth the monthly humble bundle thing. i feel like i've gotten my money's worth just off two dwarven grand campaigns, haven't even done empire or vampires yet

the base game is easily worth 12 Dollaries you bum.

>vampires

Midnight Aristocracy is best
Hold onto your butt

Also take Kislev and build that unique building plus Vamp Crypt and Necromancer tower for mad dosh

I'll be honest the empire/vamp starting locations scare me after seeing what happens to that part of the world once chaos invades. dorfs can just hunker down in the mountains and let it all burn itself out, but vamp and human factions have to actually face the darkness

You could always raid the dwarves to Jumpstart your economy to build your infrastructure as Vamps are pretty poor early game and prevent any confederation

Also if you start as Vlad you don't have much to worry about he's really hard to kill with his gear and a melee build and gorilla warfare

Also Zombies are underrated for bunting charges

I've played it a few times through as Vamps, and quite often, if you don't expand too much, Chaos'll leave you alone, and you can mop up the scraps after the Empire weakens them. Also, they're adding Isabella, and shaking the Vamps up to allow Confederation between vampire counts factions, as well as moving Vlad to a separate von Carstein faction alongside Isabella.

bumping for bretonnia.

>Most retarded human faction
FTFY

T. Manlet Von Carstein

no faction has to face chaos alone if you do it right. Vampires are arguably the hardest to avoid fighting them.

in my empire game I made allegiances with every human and dwarf faction by the time chaos arrived, and never expanded past reikland and the one next to it.

once chaos arrived I had the entire empire at my disposal, didnt have to worry about corruption or provincial stability, and effectively had 16+ 20 stack armies that were listening to my orders (only 2 of those were my own armies).

I sent Franz north twice to stave off chaos invasions and was successful, then just confederated everything around me and wiped the map clean of heresy.

If you expand early empire becomes difficult to play, and now that wood elves are in the game this makes empire even more difficult for expansion, plus the shitty dwarf factions are more likely to attack you if you expand.

I should try a feudalism campaign like this.

What do you do for the hundred turns you're waiting around?

Exterminate the orcs

Do you just take your two armies on a crusade through the Badlands, dragging as many allies as you can along?

Not that go but I just raid my way down south is my allies have any brains

A SPECIAL hero unit who you summon and he sticks around for a couple turns and then fucks off, which you can only do a certain amounts of time the entire game.

I wonder how they'll balance that.
He'll have to be like the most powerful unit to balance that, like he needs to change the outcome of fights on his own.

Give him duelist and the option to be either a buffer or Ganker when you summon him

IT'S
FUCKING
CHIVALRY
TIME

So the Bretts are getting their full release? Cool.

I kind of want this game, but I'm complete and utter shit at the Total Wars, like borderline retarded.

Also would likely have to wait until they are done releasing expansions and try and get it all in some sort of 'complete' version on sale.

What are the chances of Kislev getting Katarin the Ice Queen as an actual unit that exists?

What about the Halflings of the Moot making an appearance? And if they want to really surprise people how about Elector Count Hisme Stoutheart, Elder of the Halfling Moot to lead them

Do Gotrek and Felix get any mentions?

And of course a proper Dogs of War army/campaign would be the tits, the regiments of renown I've seen them add so far are pretty boring.

Can't you summon him whenever you get enough CHIVALRY?

The DLC list got leaked thanks to Russian data-miners.

Next is Tomb Kings, Skaven then Chaos Dwarfs. High Elves, Dark Elves and Lizardmen are in the first expansion, second expansion is all specific Chaos god factions presumably including daemons etc.

There will probably be shitty DLC in between to add random heroes and lords but I doubt you'll see Dogs Of War. Maybe Katrina and some Kislev units in one of the scenario DLCs like they did with Skarsnik and squig unitz because people fucking love Kislev.

>Lizardmen
Cool, though does that mean the world map is going to be expanded to Lustria? And of course Ulthuan/Naggaroth for the elven factions

>Chaos Dwarfs

FUCK YEAH, they better make them have infernal guard and iron daemon engines

>Motherfucking Grail Reliquae dropkick

Metal, dude.

No Ogre Kingdoms? This makes me sad

Oh yeah, they were after Chaos Dwarfs. So last basically.

>Cool, though does that mean the world map is going to be expanded to Lustria?

Yes it will, the entire map was leaked on release day.

>No Ogre Kingdoms? This makes me sad

They are in as well, the entire province from which they fare was leaked, too.

What would the Moot army comprise of? Archers and Militia units armed with spears and shields for their basic troops? Maybe a bunch of shortarses on ponies as cavalry? Elite 'Fieldwardens' who operate as sneaky skirmishers peppering the enemy with arrows and ambushing them (possibly have small bonuses fighting undead?).
You could even give them their canon Steam Tank as a unique unit too.

To represent their drive to defend their home which is noted to make them unusually fierce all Halfling units would get morale bonuses when fighting in the Moot as well?

Wait, weren't Bretonnia already in the game? I remember watching Bretonnia let's plays.

Not as a complete faction, in the game they were only playable in stuff like multiplayer battles or via mods.

I would have never played Bretonnia if they weren't made FLC. I shelled out money for Skarsnik and Welfs but fuck if I'm spending money on the "muh lady of the lake" faction.

Thankfully though it's free, SO I'll be giving each playable Bretonnian factio at least one playthrough each.

Ah I see, thanks, man.

Halfling Hot-Pots as artillery.

Ogres as rare heavy troops, since Ogres and Halflings have a special relationship and a bunch live in Mootland

The best part of Bretonnians are the sea captains, as in they get to be swashbucklers riding the waves that can flip two fingers at the horsefuckers back on land, since the laws against blackpowerder weapons and all that don't apply on the high seas.

Get to be a knight going pop pop making motherfuckers drop.

They might not be in Total Warhammer but at least there's MoW: Corsair to fall back on.

What about detailing-in Sartosa as one of those minor dlcs.

Is the game any fun? I'm not really too into RTS games but I fucking love WHF so I'm considering getting it. Then again, you gotta pay extra to get the best army.

It is only 12 dollarudos right know in humble bundle, said that, this is one of the best game this decade, I totally reccomended.

About the DLC, only buy the ones you like so you should get them spiky gits and blood for the blood god, then if you liked that get the rest.

Ask around /tgw/ at Veeky Forums for more info, they are nice lads.

Fuck, I mean /twg/. Sorry.

By the lady, that grail reliquary is fucking awesome.

>foot squires but no dismounted knights.
Awww :(

What do Foot Squires look like?

>HONOUR IS ALL
>CHIVALRY IS ALL
REJOICE!

That's alot of different infantry units, thought the notFrench were about ALL CAVALRY EVERY DAY

Is Man'o'War worth it? I've glanced at a few vids and it seems the devs are using the Early access right, adding tons of stuff regurlarly.
Is there any RPG dimension yet, or it is more action?

They are, most other factions have half the cavalry that Bretonnia has.
The infantry is lower quality and is just there to hold the line whilst the knights charge into everything.

>Bretonnia

Presumably you can conquer the territory of Athel Loren while playing as Bretonnia?

>bretons
>conquering anything

No, but you can definitely burn their settlements to their ground, and their faggy tree.

>I'm complete and utter shit at the Total Wars, like borderline retarded.
Just play on Easy. Even if you're shit you can still have fun mashing your mans together.

Red Duke?

More like the smelly duke lmao

rar!

>spend hundreds of dollars buying minis that get discontinued by the ultimate jew, gw.

>have autistic fits when creative assembly releases every single faction for the price of a microwave-dinner each as well as free content

I hope they add Elspeth von Draken to the game, way cooler than Gelt

How important/useful is diplomacy in this game? Can you befriend everyone civilized to destroy the likes of greenskins and chaos?

People love to throw autistic shitflings over DLC, since everyone's a cynical cunt, but if it didn't sell they wouldn't be doing it.

It depends on the faction - for Chaos and Beastmen, it's obviously not so important, some victory conditions can be achieved through alliances, wood elves get a resource which is used to get high tier units, buildings, technologies and their eventual win condition through alliances, which is pretty strong. When the big chaos invasion comes around factions get a trait that's called shield of civilisation, which makes them a lot more likely to ally with you so you can band up together to defeat chaos. After they're gone, though, everyone starts backstabbing each other immediately.

Fun fact: EA makes more than twice as much money from DLC than from selling full games.

Is there a source for that?

kotaku.co.uk/2015/11/02/ea-makes-twice-as-much-from-dlc-as-it-does-from-selling-full-games-online
>Inb4 Kotaku

I know, I know.
Although it seems I might be wrong, it's games sold online.

Hot diggity damn, I can finally slaughter those fucking elves for even existing

What is the Regional Occupation system

If you actually meant
>Are you willing to unite humanity under the rightful rule of the Empire
Well then yeah, I've been doing that for a while

But what would the Brets do without them?

Die.

It's funny how not even the Empire is that dependant on foreign races. Brets need constant help from their Lady, occasional High Elf help if Chaos starts winning & even their horses are mix-bred with Elven horses.

Factions can only capture settlements belonging to certain other types of faction
So, the Empire, Bretonnia and Vampire Counts can occupy cities from other humans/vampires, dwarfs and greenskins occupy each other's settlements.
Wood elves can occupy any settlement but they can only build proper cities in Athel Loren, all they can build elsewhere are outposts that give minor stacking bonuses.
You can make lore arguments either way, but the main gameplay consideration is that you will usually end up with a powerful lategame opponent rather than a mess of factions as has been the case in previous total war games, where other factions would rarely ever get as big as the player.
You can also mod it out, if you don't like it.

game complete... addition perks cost extra to develop...
>FUCK THEM AND THEIR JEW TACTICS, INCOMPLETE GAME, UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES!!

Dude... are you even real? or are you a living first world problem?

Lasgun power-sword wielding Amazons confirmed as a minor faction in Lustria (alongside potential for Skaven, Undead and the single Norscian subfaction all to provide lizardmen factions with antagonists on their home turf)

No, because High Elves aren't in the game yet.

THIS.

Confederation is mandatory and easy for Dwarfs.

They keep adding more to it as time goes on, like character customization and being able to add stuff to your ship/crew

I tried a quick Vampire Counts campaign, didn't like it so I bought Chaos Warriors DLC and didn't like it.
After that, I'm at 80 hours and still going on my Empire campaign.
So this is 12 dollars and it will give me at least 80 hours of gameplay, having reducted the Chaos test from the price.

Besides, buying the game now for 12 dollars gets you the Bretonnia thing for free. Now, before the 28th, is definitely the BEST time to get the game. You will literally never get it for that cheap.
You don't even have to get all the DLC for it, you've got at least 150 hours of playtime waiting.

Do you think they will add Ariel to the game as another Legendary Lord choice? It would be pretty cool compared to the two they have so far, and I mean look at the likes of the Vampires which have what, 5?

What, are you saying the Knights won't be free anymore after that date?

You may get it cheaper, but a few years from now on a Steam sale.

Also Dwarf campaign is the most fun to me, then greenskins.

They're free forever

Still salty they called them 'Foot Squires,' instead of fluffing them as something else. Bretonnians don't have squires, by the Lady.

Also weird how they have three types of bowmen that are exactly the same, but with ammo differences. Couldn't you switch ammo in earlier Total War games? Couldn't they bring back the old Squires unit - which weren't squires in the traditional sense, but just better bowmen?

You also get the white dwarf character for free as well

>Bretonnians don't have squires, by the Lady.
Yes they do, what the fuck are you smoking?

No, when a noble kid's of age, they give him some armor and put him on a horse and call him a Knight Errant. They don't have the medieval system of working as a page, and then a squire, as two levels of glorified servitude and training, before becoming a knight themselves.

So where shoul I get it ? Humble bundle?

I just hope that they add some non-chaos endgame events at some point.

Always occuring in the same time turnwise but just enough to mix up the campaigns. You know stuff like brettonia starting their Errantry War, Grimgor pulling a massive Waagh from the south, Vlad or Mannlet bringing out a host to conquer the lands of man, etcetera.

Given how things are going they might put Nagash in as an alternative end boss

This would be fun.

Crush Archaos in the midgame, then Nagash rises up and all undead Confederate.

Squires existed previously, and now that the units that were originally squires are yeomen there's nothing stopping squires from being a different unit.

They seem to almost take the place of foot knights gameplay-wise, but a little less elite