Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Gladiator Edition. Have your characters fought in the pits?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/rite-publishing---cavalier-archetypes/inspiring-commander/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/pfg/ is just unrecognizable from /5eg/ without the anime girls.

Not fought in the pits yet, no.

But my character and the Fighter of the party have a plan to enter him into some pit fights with my character as his manager. And by 'manager' I mean 'sits in the audience and helps him out with his ranged, vocal-based aid-anothers which give +5 rather than +2

Give it time. They will come.

Now thats a real adventuring party!

Is the manager a Bard, Skald, or someone with Golden Lion boosts?

The Rogue isn't necessary since the Barbarian can spring the traps, and either him or the Mage can be the face.

In the last Gestalt game I ran, we had a Fighter/Monk, a Druid/Rogue, and an Oracle/Wizard. This was when the APG came out.

Have you ever played the Moonscar?

None, actually.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/cavalier/archetypes/rite-publishing---cavalier-archetypes/inspiring-commander/

Inspiring Commanders can Aid Another at a distance with a DC 15 Oratory instead of whatever fucking skill it is, AND add their Int to the bonus they provide. So it doesn't matter if the rogue is trying to pick a lock, or the wizard is deducing the mysteries of the fucking cosmos, my lad has some useful insight. Somehow.

And in the fights it'll mostly be the typical manager fare of encouragement/'on your left' sort of stuff.

I canned the bard stuff in exchange for access to tech things, incidentally. We already had a bard.

>Planetary in Golarion
So PFS as Planetary? Or would it be an independent thing?

Sorry, DC 10, not 15.

He's just that damn helpful. He can help with almost anything.

It sounds like you can have a lot of fun in character with that.

They mostly regulate her to the matches. Before the main event. You know, the gimmicky matches to get the crowd riled up.

It's been fun!

There's some kind of subtle implication that something mysterious is helping him out in some way, making him able to do that, and helping him make scifi shit in Standard Fantasy Setting Land.

I have NO FUCKING CLUE what it is. Gonna find out eventually though.

Someday I want to play a Chaotic Evil character in a campaign that's not evil, someday.

Why?

Are you using the gladiator combat rules from Ultimate Combat?

Is the character a gnome?

Like when they execute prisoners in horribly mismatched fights? Ehh they're alright. The actual fighters better have some artistry in their kills.

Nah, he's a 34 year old human.

He hits middle-aged within the year.

The challenge of playing a Chaotic Evil character well without muddying the alignment or compromising the group. The novelty of having the least common alignment available.

Also because I grew up on 8-Bit Theatre and OOTS.

Not really no, its more about gimmicky scenarios. Like on planks above the lion pit.

I've only used victory points in a one off mud wrestling match. Less killy, more crowd excity

Simple, you might be the most high of assoles, but the party is comprised of very dear friends.

Even evil has loved ones.

Most certainly not.
That's a cover from 2nd edition. Back then the barbarian was just a fighter who can't afford an armor yet, the rogue levelled at like twice the speed of everybody else, and the wizard OWED EVERYTHING to you for having carried him from like 1 to 6 before he finally started making himself useful more than once a day.

And only you could go over 18 strength.

How far we've come.

What the fuck happened to that left arm?

Where the dueling rules any good?

5e is actually a good system though.

Incidentally, when is Starfinder coming out?

I have really shitty luck. I've been trying to find a class that is misfortune resistant and rather fittingly, Malefactor seems to be what I'm looking for. Does anyone have any stories or suggestions about it?

bad fapping angle.

What's her build? The girl in the pic I mean

T H I C C

Don't mind me, just posting some images here.

That woman's bust could be three cups smaller and she'd still be considered absolutely stacked.

Most gladiators were heavyset. Helped with injuries. They probably only put her in for sex appeal.

I'm going to be running a new game. Here are my rules:

>20 point buy, but nothing above 18 or below 7 after racial mods.
>No classes are banned, but talk to me first if you want to play a gunslinger, summoner, or prepared 9th level caster.
>Use the unchained classes when possible.
>No leadership feat.
>Blood money cost is a cost, and must be paid by you. no way to get out of it.
>Sacred geometry never existed.
>Simulacrum never existed.

Thoughts?

Just saying I've only seen that kinda build on black or Slavic women who've spent the last twenty years having kids, tits don't normally get that huge.

Maybe it's her hobby once the kids left the nest? That sounds like a character concept, the woman who spent her life being a mother since 16, and now that she's 36 decided to take a trip around Avistan and see the sights?

Make it 25 PB and I might apply!

I mean, 20 PB is alright, but the concept better be stellar.

> mother of 10 with an empty nest lives out her dreams as a gladiatrix prize fighter
FUND IT!

>Crystalhurst

Molthune and Nirmathas confirmed for German.

>I might apply
Do you live in the SLC, UT area?

>Resper Cyrno

Is she the strongest despite her age?

>It's in-person

Oh, sorry! Thought it was Roll20.

No problem. I prefer to run in-person games.

I'm loving this dump, user. Thank you!

>sending only a hundred soldiers to clear an entire forest of powerful fey

What are they, retarded?

It's as easy as making it yourself, user.

Heck, why not make one for Taldor Ascendant? Imagine it - the war between Taldor and Qadira, the woman could be a mighty soldier who fought in Sothis and helped bring about victory.

But that was 12 years ago. Since then she's settled in the recently annexed Zimar Province and started having kids with her beloved (either she met him before the war, or during.) Now war is stirring once more, and the Emperor himself picks her to protect a dignitary that might turn the fortunes of the coming conflict in Taldor's favor.

She not only fights for Taldor, but for the family and loved ones she holds so dear. The breastplate might not fit like it used to, but she'll make do!

If those soldiers are level 10 unchained monks with improved grapple and abundant step the fey are FUCKED.

>Well kids, how do I look?
>uhh... mom?
>you probably should wear something a bit more...
>MOMMY LOOKS LIKE AN OGRE!
>... I didn't say it it was her

I would, but im already in 2 pfg games. Id be a poor sport indeed to apply

Isn't this just a reskinning of the shitty Hell's Rebels rebellion rules?

It totally IS just a reskinning of the shitty Hell's Rebels rebellion rules.

Why must you post creepy Japanese cartoon images?

Aren't there better images that can convey your emotions more effectively?

Legitimately curious.

>Her husband is meanwhile speechless, and asks her why she doesn't bring out the outfit every anniversary

And that's that. Since Heroes of the High Court and Psychic Anthology were shared already I won't do those. I'll see you next month when I post the entirety of Ironfang Invasion book 1 as a PDF, though the question is where to upload it.

Oh, hogwash! If the concept clicks it deserves to be created. Precious few already are applying to the game, you might as well start the meme train by applying.

Maybe even duo app with someone else as the husband, power couple GO.

>Forest Guardians
>Human
>Uses a picture of a redheaded Halfling

Liar! Liar!

That's one of the suavest, beardiest men Paizo's ever penned to paper.

Why do you care so much? It's a fucking image. Don't like it? Ignore it.

I could see a clan of elan, immortal, unaging, working hard to experience everything and keep the world interesting.

They build dungeons, create strange artifacts and hide them, set up tyrannies to be toppled, and release ancient evils into the world, not out of malice, but top prevent boredom and make sure adventurers don't actually cause more trouble than they need to.

There are like twenty of those images in every thread, and I have complained once.

also:
>why are you doing bad thing?
>LOL chill out don't get upset dude...

There's also the issue of scheduling.

Granted it certainly was a shame I had to choose between Onryou an Amalthea.

Thanks for posting it. Even if I'll admit it's not a book with a whole heap of new stuff.

She married her husband, who was a soldier. She was gladiator, Typically put in th "sexy girl on girl" matches that were just as brutal, but still titillating

So what does everyone think of DHB being officially a 3p dev now? Any of you check out their book? They have a real name now too.

can you stop being weird?

I think that they should abandon ship, and find a career that actually has a chance of being fulfilling and paying a living wage.

Despite everything, I'm proud of them.

Well done, DHB.

I hope that class got enough playtesting though.

No, his work isn't particularly fun? I'm sure it's fine, but it reads like a 2hu post.

Nothing weird about it. Whenever women are gladiators in Rome that's the kind of matches the fought in, often topless

>making up history