Mercy is evil. All it does is serve the villain while neglecting their victims...

Mercy is evil. All it does is serve the villain while neglecting their victims. If a paladin ever shows mercy in your campaign, it's your duty as GM to make them fall.

Who hurt you, OP?

>it's your duty as GM to make them fall
And that's why you're a bad GM.

Your train of thoughts Sounds pretty neutral evil to me.

>le undermeme OP
I WANT TUMBLR TO LEAVE!

Or Lawful Neutral leaning evil, really.

Alignments are shit anywho

I'll never play in your campaigns again, Mr A.

This is why I'm glad I don't play D&D

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.

You're way late for that party, kiddo.

Well, you're right. Mercy is inherrently restraining from punishment the other party deserves, which means you effectively undermine the system. Sparing an enemy who surrendered isn't mercy, it's merely just treatment of an enemy. Sparing an enemy who just earlier revelled in genocide on the other hand is mercy: you're restraining him from the punishment he deserves.

Your reasoning sounds emotivist. Why would one be merciful, other than for the sake of being 'nice'?

Fuck off Gandalf.
>Can you give it to them?
It's what a functional justice system attempts to do all the time m8.

Doing acts of good such as rescuing the imperiled is a form of mercy towards said victims.

Fuck of Rand.

>Mercy is evil
Let this meme die.

All things deserve life no matter how "evil" or how "villain" it might be. Showing mercy is giving that thing a chance to live like you were given.

T. oathbreaker

>yfw you will never be resuced from your collapsed neet-cave by a big-titted aryan goddess of life

>Every act of mercy is one and the same

I want objectimemes to leave and stay leave.

>All things deserve life
As much as I disagree with OP I have to disagree with this as well.

>undertale OP
>retarded "durrr paladins must fall" statement

This bait ist worth actually nothing.

>Mercy is evil.
Nah, she's just a bit underpowered.
They're already working on fixing that on the PTR.

Just a brief reminder, killing a murderer doesn't un-murder their victims. A dead man cannot atone for his sins, all it does is potentially prevent him from doing bad things again in the future. Everything else is petty vengeance.

Paladins falling hasn't been a thing for a decade.

>Not letting angry manjew be born into the world just because its an inconvenience to you.

>show no mercy to villain
>villains find themeselves with no way out, and fight to the death, instead of surrendering
>villains who could have been redeemed instead become fanatics, villains who were previously sympathetic can now draw upon the fear of the masses to support them
there you go again, thinking it can only be all-mercy or all-vengeance, has it not occurred to you that such extremism is the sign of villain?

God OP you are such a depressing faggot. Mercy is as important as Justice, the two should be balanced against each other. Excessive meeting out of punishment harms a society just look at the USA and thier hilariously fucked up penal system. Mercy delivered to a fallen foe at the right time can prevent a war or save a life. God I hate you OP really I do. Congratulations.

Killing a villain means he won't be able to destroy lives anymore. One person that gets to live versus one monster that gets put down is more than a fair trade.

>killing a murderer doesn't un-murder their victims
>all it does is potentially prevent him from doing bad things again in the future

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Mercy can be a bitch sometimes

Dingdingdingding! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a REASONABLE PLAYER/GM!

Go fuck yourself, OP. Justice means a mix of punishment and mercy, as the situation demands. Blanket application of one or the other only makes things worse. Why do you think a 3.5 paladin's spells keyed off WISDOM, while his other abilities used charisma?

>Go fuck yourself, OP. Justice means a mix of punishment and mercy, as the situation demands.

No, it's one or another. Mixing the two makes you a hypocrite.

Kotomine is the coolest prolifer in the world.

>I consume all food and drink only with forks

Not mixing the two makes you a downie or a high school edge lord. Life is complicated. It requires naunce.