What does this make you feel?

What does this make you feel?

Poor old Ian Livingstone was a bit bemused by that
But hey, Japs gonna Jap

...nothing? Because the art of a game has no impact on its mechanics? If Japan likes anime covers, what does it matter?

De gustibus non est disputandum.

The first 3 look pretty awesome

Those are the front covers, dipshit.

I didn't notice at first that they were the same games.

Why would you do that? Isn't that kinda false advertising (except the last one, that seems to be just style)? I mean, none of the content is titillating... unless you are into very inventive gore I guess?

Upper 3 are awesome

Did you know House of Hell was published as House of Hades in America? Apparently they were worried about offending someone.

Nippers gonna Nip.

Aww c'mon, Hades is a pretty swell guy. Nothing like The Devil.

The transliterated titles are way better than trying to translate them into Japanese. Big improvement.

burgers gonna burger, too.

I watched once a youtube vid about retard censoreship of anime in USA from the point of view of Japanese people. I guess their reaction was similar to ours with those covers, varying from "what?! why?!", "for what purpose?" to "Silly [insert foreigner nationality in question]"

Like someone in the art department has no concept of thematic consistency. If those are front and back covers than the only one that comes close to looking like a unified product is the far left. Others look like they are from different books.

"It sure is some Japanese anime stuff."

...what was it supposed to make me feel?

Top 3 are pretty cool.
Bottom 3 are pretty cute.

Clockwise from top: troll technomancer, elf mage, human razorgirl, ork gunslinger adept.

Shit, I played the top middle one! I bought it just because of that amazing monster on the cover.

Troll seems like a decent dude.
>I should've been a club owner like my father.
>My horns hurt.
>I wish I didn't have to put up with razorgirl's shit every day.
>At least my essence is okay.
>I hope the Johnson isn't gonna scam us yet again. Next time, I'm picking our employer instead of the adept.
>The elf mage keeps teasing me about my taste in business suits, I wish she would stop already. I mean, I'm not the one practically naked!

Are th in book illustrations also switched to animu style illustrations or just the cover? Cause I recall some of these had some pretty bizzare pictures.

>If those are front and back covers
They aren't. Top was original version, bottom is same books reprinted a couple decades later.

Yeah they're actually pretty sweet-looking.

Ok, I've played all of these. I can actually think of all the characters that the anime Deathtrap Dungeon are supposed to be.
House on the hill is the same but you are a school girl, Sure. Nothing really changed.
But who're the people on the Sword of the Samurai meant to be?

> that pic
Artist?

Same runners in China/Hong Kong.

Same runners in Salish-Shidhe.

This is what passes for "blending in" in Native American/elf territory to Japanese runners.

How do these 2000s reprints hold up?

>Sword of the Samurai
Wasn't that the one with the cover that has the octopus trying to rape the samurai?