Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1356: Chicks love DOOM Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Tarrasque#.283.5.29_How_to_Defeat_The_Tarrasque_in_3_Easy_Levels
mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Eldrazi#cite_ref-19
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So Jumpers, what do you when your waifu is already spoken for?

Hasn't happened because I only have a waifu and husbando and both were single at the time.

Now how many times someone else had flirted with either of them not realizing they were married is a much higher number.

Jumpers!

Of your properties which ones do you use/deploy often and which are forgotten?

Depends. Part of a harem and isn't the main one? Steal her away before she gets with the guy. Otherwise I just try to make her happy/make sure the guy isn't a prick.

Portable House from Generic Xianxia. So comfy.
I also have like a Sky Palace but it's too impersonal and cold.
Oh I also got a nice piece of importable land with a temple dedicated to my worship. But it's a bit tacky, don't you think?

Seduce her husbando, too.

Hasn't happened. I only waifu pieces of myself because I'm sure the only person who would ever like me is a lesser version of myself.

I can't find solid info did DOOM really nail Invisible Woman?

He did when he was God Emperor Doom. Well it was implied but still.

He brainwashed her when he became God and made her his consort.

In fantasy settings I usually use The Caravan from Van Helsing

In modern settings I just have a generic apartment (there are too many versions to be specific) and a business (usually either a tailoring empire or the business from Resident Evil)

Similar with scifi settings but sometimes I also have a space station and I run a bar, but that's usually constructed in Jump.

I have a several castles, land ownerships, and other properties, but they are rarely deployed.

But a single business and single housing location is my normal combo unless I can do both like with The Caravan.

Girls love God Emperors. Also in an alternate universe he was a good guy and had children with Sue.

Do we have a list of what TRPG Jumps we have?

Do we have a list of TRPG Jumps people want?

Be the better option (before she is Route-locked) and let her choose, and yes, I was rather shameless about it.

> Hello Rin. Look at Shirou, now back to me, now back to Shirou, now back to me. Sadly, he isn't like me. But he could use the First Magic, then he could be something like me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're in a cross-dimensional home with the most private workshop in existence, next to the magician Shirou wishes he could be like. I can make All The Gems.

...let's just say that Rin's never ever let me live it down.

I'm pretty sure Yamcha and Bulma had already broken up by the time Vegeta arrived on Earth.

Speaking of... Changed Archipelago for more permanent 'deployment'.

In at least two continuances but as soon as she get's a ring on her finger the best you'll get out of here is spelunking naked (Panther), steamy makeout sessions (Namor), and sexual tension (Doom).

Funnily enough they were over with a while before that happened. I believe she dumped him for looking at some other chick or something like that.

Romance them anyway if they're not in a relationship when I meet them.

If they're already in a relationship when I meet them, I don't really romance them.

>Otherwise I just try to make her happy/make sure the guy isn't a prick.
Good guy option

Sane answer.

+10 upboats

>+10 upboats
please don't

>permit such conditions like it being destroyed for whatever reason.
>hit by that a nuke it will persist in being blown up, and it will remain half blown up upon import into your next jump until repaired.)
Wait, so it will keep changes you don't allow it to? Or it won't? I can't see why anyone would "permit" their island being half blown-up.

>waifu-shit
>harem-shit
>NTR-shit
I hope every one of you chokes on a fucking grape.

Would what wolverine does be justified? After all, everyone is like children to him. The more I think about it, the weirder it becomes.

Jumpers, how do you handle being older than most people's family trees put together?

You don't get between the murdercock and its prey.

Rolling to capture Legion from castlevania with one of my master balls
Roll(1d100)+0: 20,+0 Total:20
that's a yes
rolling to capture Gigan from Godzilla with one of my master balls
Roll(1d100)+0:25,+0 Total:25
rolling to capture Iustitia from bayonetta with one of my master balls
Roll(1d100)+0:88,+0 Total:88 okay, he did not like that rolling for combatRoll(1d100)+0:
8,+0 Total:8 and he's dead.
Rolling to capture the wall of flesh from terraria with one of my master balls
Roll(1d100)+0: 29,+0 Total:29 , barely squeaked by with that one
rolling to capture theJordas_Golem in warframe with one of my master balls
Roll(1d100)+0:37,+0 Total:37 , that's no good. Let's roll for combat Roll(1d100)+0:
10,+0 Total:10 and the Jovian pattern nova Cannon saves my ass again
it shouldn't be too difficult to rustle up a beast of resplendent liquids in infernals, Let's say -20
Roll(1d100)-20:49,-20 Total:29
A giant murderous psychopath clown made out of pure white flame and shadows counts as a monster right?Roll(1d100)-0:82,-0 Total:82 had him for a second and now he's angry at me, fortunately combat is -10 since I have Hank backing me up Roll(1d100)-10:37,-10 Total:27 and clown is down minecraft

You know what is definitely a monster? The Tarrasque Roll(1d100)-0:
42,-0 Total:42 , you are supposed to weaken these things First, aren't you? Fortunately , it goes down like a bitch to a third level wizard1d4chan.org/wiki/Tarrasque#.283.5.29_How_to_Defeat_The_Tarrasque_in_3_Easy_Levels so I'm going to knock it out and roll again Roll(1d100)-0: 82,-0 Total:82 nope it's fitful sleep breaks the other ball.

>Would what wolverine does be justified?
As soon as both parties can fairly consent, then it's fine.

There are two types of waifus: the ones that belong to the Jumper and the ones that will eventually belong to the Jumper.

Thought my wording was be terrible on that point as well but I'm still trying to figure out how to word it properly. Basically it will keep any changes even if you don't want it to, as long as those changes aren't like carryover characters or something like that, trying to avoid an infinite Pods problem, so if someone managed to nuke your Archipelago somehow it'd carryover until you fixed it.

>a grape
>implying a jumper is that vulnerable
>implying a jumper's throat muscles couldn't turn said grape into jelly.

It's like you're TRYING to be an idiot.

It's a magic grape, user. Barbadium, even.

My body rejects everything that isn't supposed to be in it so that won't kill me.

>Having a waifu
>Not just slutting your way through the chain
Casual sex best sex.
It's hard to forge meaningful, fulfilling relationships with anyone besides companions when you can't give them forever. Getting attached will only lead to pain, it's better this way. Right?

> was be terrible
Yes sir today is a good day.

On another note. Build time.

Street Fighters Jump 084:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Big World [+000]
Extended Stay [+000]
Misunderstandings [+200]
Strongest in the World [+300]
Black Moons [+300]
Perks:
Combat Method (Wing Chun) [Free]
The Street Fighter [-500]
Unassuming [Free]
Instant Ninja [Free]
Traditional Ninja [-300]
Tandem Style [-300]
Tranquility [-100]
Gear:
Tanden Engine [-600]
Fake ID [Free]

You may be wondering just what the fuck is up with the build. Well this is basically what Gil looks like if he had control of Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, and Wood in addition to also being Seth. Because I hated those bosses so fucking much I seek to simulate the amount of raw hate that kind of fighting style can create in a man.

Eh, it might be better to remove that, desu. What happens if it's entirely destroyed? How do you repair something that doesn't exist? Also, there's going to be a lot of shit it picks up that can't be removed until you're almost omnipotent, simply by virtue of going to specific settings. Like, environmental effects, especially supernatural ones.

>Eh, it might be better to remove that, desu.
I might consider it.

>What happens if it's entirely destroyed?
The it is, in point of fact entirely destroyed. Granted if you are going places where an entire Archipelago is vanished then maybe you shouldn't really be using what amounts to your summer house(s) front yards as an arena.

>How do you repair something that doesn't exist?
I'm not sure that I understand the question here. Do you mean how do you repair something that has been made to not exist by some means, if so see above, or are you saying that the Archipelago doesn't exist.

>Also, there's going to be a lot of shit it picks up that can't be removed until you're almost omnipotent, simply by virtue of going to specific settings. Like, environmental effects, especially supernatural ones.
A few examples of these? I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would adversely effect the Archipelago, but that just might me drawing a blank here.

>Jumpers, how do you handle being older than most people's family trees put together?
Lots of booze.

>Jumpers, how do you handle being older than most people's family trees put together?
Immaturity and lying to people about my age.

I also have a companion that's almost as ancient as me.

So after FF14, my starting companions are...
>The entire Hildebrand gang.
>Shantotto, AKA Gruntilda the Witch in short form.
>Claire Farron, a clone of Lightning who only has two settings: 'Fighting/Waiting to fight'.

Anyone else go out of their way to pick up a ragtag bunch of misfits as opposed to anyone competent or practical? Waifus don't count.

These are the first companions for my main chain, too. It's exactly as frustrating as it sounds.

1.by having my own family tree older than most civilizations.

2. Maintaining the distance of leadership.

I don't have waifus in the first place but why even bother with flawed canon waifus when you can create better ones for yourself either in the lab, with magic or buy one with CP?

Be super casual about it whenever it comes up, but never volunteer it.

So... Do you just get an appropriately-sozed section of ocean to build off of, then? Or the archipelago is gone forever, never to ever be used again.

>A few examples of these? I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would adversely effect the Archipelago, but that just might me drawing a blank here.
You roll the Eye of Chaos for a WH40k location. Your island now carries the warp with it.

You go to a space opera, the planet you're on happens to get swallowed by a black hole.

There are quite a bit more, and you can't do anything about them until you're effectively omnipotent.

Make an oc companion that is almost exactly identical.

Because flaws, genuine flaws not "erhmahgawd, people hate me cuz I'm too pretty" are what makes characters interesting.

What do you think lightning-13's reaction to lightning-14 would be?

>Perk that allows you to always maintain a childlike innocence, wonder, and unbiased worldview
>Perk that gives you a healthy, adult emotional maturity and a sense of responsibility
Is there anything that could possibly stop you at that point?

Is there an Eldrazi in Innistrad? Cause the Eldrazi wiki says that "Jace Beleren managed to communicate with a conceptualization of Emrakul within his mind while on Innistrad." I'm asking more out of curiosity cause I took Innistrad rather early and I'm not prepared to deal with an Eldrazi.

mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Eldrazi#cite_ref-19

Roughly there.

An Eldrazi will come during the jump to eat everything, yes. But if all goes as in canon it'll be eventually contained within a moon.

Okay, imagine if Azathoth was also Batman! that would stop you.

Better question is, why would a centuries (if not millennia) old Jumper find interesting a random 16 year old character?

That's fine then. Doesn't that give the jumpers a chance to companion a Planeswalker then? Although desu I'm just glad I don't need to deal with the Eldrazi on my own.

Probably being a bit unsettled before ignoring her existence.

Interestingly, just to distinguish the two, I gave Claire the dry wit perk and a pair of glasses identical to Briardien's. I regretted my decision almost immediately, but she went from 'stoic and stubborn' to 'stoic and snarky'.

I think Claire would hate her original, honestly.

Honestly* not fucking desu. I don't even know how I fucked up typing that badly.

Dude a LOT of stuff happens on Innistrad. Multiple planeswalkers, vampires, angels and abominations are involved. It's also nightmarish and pretty hard to survive. You should look it up before doing the jump.

Cause the ass is fat? Please don't arrest me FBI

Did you type t-b-h without the dashes?

Can't think of anyone as you already have the best companion imaginable!

>Anyone else go out of their way to pick up a ragtag bunch of misfits as opposed to anyone competent or practical? Waifus don't count.

Yes but they usually turn competent after my mandatory training regiments. Like those orphans from biomega

Because that's boring. No offense Self-made-user.

I prefer to live with everything my waifus bring with them and watching them grow.

They wouldn't. It's just that the people who companion canon characters are generally too stupid to see that.

Why would she hate the original.

Actually, no. I didn't do the bit with the Cloud of Darkness, or Phase 3 of the Scenarios.

This was jump 8 and my chances of survival rapidly declined as time went on, even with years of grinding/training and a Free Company with me. I'm not the Warrior of Light, dammit, I can't do these things all the time.

I'll see if I can't pod Ultros later, though.

I don't think I did honestly. I don't type using abbreviated speech often enough to do that.

>So... Do you just get an appropriately-sized section of ocean to build off of, then? Or the archipelago is gone forever, never to ever be used again.
The former sounds fair.

>You roll the Eye of Chaos for a WH40k location. Your island now carries the warp with it.
Depends really on how you personally set up the interaction between the real world and the Archipelago. If you wish it to be 100% real, just hidden in a space 'not on any map' then that's up to you. You deploy a door to this place, the massive fog bank I note in the description, not that you deploy this as a property, but the interactions between the Archipelago and the other Jumps is up to you as the Jumper.

On an aside having a perfectly demon-less section of Warp would be beneficial I'd think, but I'm no expert on Forbidden Knowledge (Warp).

>You go to a space opera, the planet you're on happens to get swallowed by a black hole.
My above statement stands.

>There are quite a bit more, and you can't do anything about them until you're effectively omnipotent.
Or if you've went to Either Dark Cloud Jump and Anno 2070.

Sometimes I feel like my jumper naturally gravitates to anyone quirky outside of romance. Martel and Dhaos are the only semi-competant people outside of my harem. And Dhaos has massive rage issues.

When I pick up the Eds in the Ed Edd n Eddy Gauntlet, I could probably have enough for a quirky miniboss squad.

Like...

Jerry from Undertale, Game Boy from Captain N, The Grail from Carnival Phantasm, my pokemon, and now all three Eds.

Make a friend instead. You can't always get what you want, even as a Jumper. Unless you want to be a scumbag about it. But sometimes friends can be just as valuable as waifus.

Well, I just recently acquired it, but Dirge's Spirited Away Jump (Sen to Chihiro No Kamikakushi) gives you a massive Hot Springs Inn that you get to customize. It's pretty sweet stuff. Admittedly, you have to run it for the ten years you're in the universe, but that's not really too hard to manage.

The Dolls I picked up from Nechronica appreciated the fact I gave them the chance to have a semi-normal childhood in Spirited Away, so now they take care of the place for me. It's a great hub for Companions. I mean, who doesn't enjoy a hot springs bath?

Wrong, Sure, it'll hurt when you go, but ten years is a lot of time. Missed friends can give you strength in your darkest moments to carry on. After all, don't you want to see them again?

Well, I'm really not. At least not yet. I /am/ getting closer to the big 300 though.

Anyways, it's not really that big of a deal. Age, Form, and Gender have been much less a defining part of who I am since I can change all three at will. It's the Soul that really matters. Though I suppose I can make those too now.

Hmm...

>ragtag bunch of misfits...
That pretty much describes my taste in Companions, yeah. Considering I have a Nazi Vampire, a Demonic Sorceress, the universe's Best Friend, a Spider Baker, a Wizard of the Forest, a Demonic Vampire, and a Slime Girl making up my current party. Might add Boy Hero into the mix too if I can pull him away from Stretchy Dog Demon.

... I'm pretty sure I'm going way over my 9 Companion Limit this time around. I'm going to have to organize Squads or something.

Only if they're pleb jumpers.
Everyone knows that tits are the truest definition of character.

Just beacause?

Hivemind?

Huh, speaking of which-having looked up the mentinoed fight, I gotta say Barbadium's a lot more brittle than I imagine. I mean, I know it was the Monkey King and rammed the riyu jingu bang AND a bunch of riyu jingu bang clones all the way in that little scratch, but after that whathisface got pummeled by someone's foot. Admittedly, someone who'd been fighting on par with Monkey King guy up until then.

The holding souls part's still useful, though. It'll make a good alloy with cuendillar, mantra, octiron and all the other metals which make up my personal magical metal: Bloodimindium.

...I feel like introducing Cloud of Darkness and Cosmos would be super awkward at best, and the start of the most destructive FF-related catfight at worst.

Wait, doesn't Emrakul only show up if you take a certain drawback?

By having a giant musical number about it.

No, really. My jumper solves everything awkward with musical numbers.

Actually I just went back and looked at my notes this:
>So... Do you just get an appropriately-sized section of ocean to build off of, then? Or the archipelago is gone forever, never to ever be used again.
>The former sounds fair.

and this

>Or if you've went to Either Dark Cloud Jump and Anno 2070.

Aren't exactly correct. You could always just re-import all those properties back into the Archipelago. I was just noting that real, permanent damage holds over unless you actually go through the trouble of fixing it.

Well, technically, all the houses that I get tend to blend together into The House, thanks in part to the House of Mystery.

Houseruled that all the perk does is to grant my current house the basic dimensional magic bs of the House of Mystery. Then I figured, eh, let's go full ham and have every single (almost) property Item add something to The House.

I like your style.

You just need to add more violence to your Jumper.

Assuming no one spots any problems with this I think Gearhead perks are finished.

Man and Machine (300cp, Discount Gearhead): The line between man and machine can be blurry in a world like this, but you can almost make it just disappear. You’re a wizard with the art of cybernetic design and implantation, able to design and then install a piece of technology into someone’s body with incredible proficiency. Beyond just making the body embrace it as a natural if new part of itself, where you truly shine is in finding ways to integrate all kinds of technology into these implants. You’re able to effectively use all the space provided in an implant or augment without compromising it’s base function. Arms can be filled with all kinds of gadgets without ever degrading their base functionality, and a prosthetic organ could be upgraded several times over without any concern for it failing.

No, looks good. And awesome. You paralyze me with choice, good sir.

Is it immoral to make your ships happen?

For instance if I wanted to help Supergirl and Lena Luthor get together in the Arrowverse jump. And I used my charisma and persuasion perks to get them to that point.

Would that qualify as abusive or merely eccentric?

Yes, it's immoral.
But it's for a good cause.

Let the love flow~
Just clean up behind you~

>Would that qualify as abusive or merely eccentric?
It depends on how rich you are. Poor people can't be eccentric, only crazy.

I'm getting mixed signals here.
I am absurdly rich. So that makes it fine, right?

Well, I didn't go out of my way to recruit ragtag misfits, but my current companions/followers are:

>A mummy-queen who was my wife in a past life who wants a return to the luxury and power we had as the rulers of Egypt

>A snarky British scientist who wants to obtain ultimate scientific knowledge and isn't very enthusiastic about directly engaging in heroic activities

>A mildly psychotic doctor savant who's a bit socially inept and has a bad habit of seeing people as playthings due to being raised in a society run by mad scientists

>A hexer of ambiguous gender who refuses to share their name and wears dark, body concealing robes and a strange mask, and is also often one of the more upbeat members of the party

>The wraith/ghost of a young woman killed in the sixties possessing a 1958 Plymouth Fury who has a tendency to road rage

>A ghost dog named Barkley

And then there's me, an average Joe who was turned into a sentient zombie and sent on an adventure through the multiverse by a fae-like benefactor.

...so, uh, we just sort've ended up as a ragtag bunch of misfits.

>mixed signals
From what? Just because something is immoral doesn't mean it isn't good. After all, killing is immoral, but executions can serve the greater good of the public.

As for the other thing, well I don't know about you, but I really don't like accidentally sitting in someone else's fluids.

Yes, it's amoral and wrong unless they were in an abusive relationship or in something even more forced like Korra

>I am absurdly rich. So that makes it fine, right?

No

>something even more forced like Korra
?

The legend of Korra, I would explain the entire reason but I am tired of getting angry every time I think of that show

You're the Jumper.Nothing that a Jumper does can be considered wrong.

And anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

Basically its only okay to pair someone up in a new relationship if its a relationship that user didn't like, like Korra and Asami's from the show.

Personally if some user wants to play matchmaker, so long as their not assholes or directly causing a detriment to someones life or happiness I see no issue with it.

I think he's talking about how Korra and Asami hooked up out of nowhere at the end of the series in what was blatently an asspull by the creators to try and look hip & trendy for the LGBT activist crowd. Despite the fact that, no matter what they say, there was absolutely no foreshadowing for it while there WAS a certain amount of palpable tension with them and the boys.

No idea why he's so angry about it, though. Series went to shit quickly barring the fight scenes, so I just focused on those.

>Is it immoral to make your ships happen
No, why would it? Plenty of people in real life make a living off of match making. As long as you're not brainwashing them, or forcing them to fall in love, any of that nonsense, it's perfectly fine. Just keep in mind that we have perks for matchmaking, it might be better to use those then charisma/persuasion perks.

I honestly didn't read it as them hooking up until the creators went and outright said "yes, they hooked up", precisely because there was so little foreshadowing. I just saw it as two friends who needed to get away from it all for a bit taking a vacation together.

Really? Fair enough, it's been a while; I really didn't focus on the relationship shit because it was so grating, I just enjoyed the big dumb fun steampunk bending fights for what they were. Big, and dumb, and fun. Much like Korra, now that I think about it!

But yeah, I must've mixed up that interview because I just realised I legit forgot how that scene actually went while thinking about lavabending.

>Basically its only okay to pair someone up in a new relationship if its a relationship that user didn't like, like Korra and Asami's from the show.

user you know that ship made no sense and came from no where.

>No idea why he's so angry about it, though. Series went to shit quickly barring the fight scenes, so I just focused on those.

That's exactly why I'm angry. The show took a dump on everyone and every character who who dare to tell her that she was wrong, WE COULD HAVE HAD A MELLOW YANDERE KORRA COUSIN. But I promised I wouldn't get angry so I'll stop posting now

I would post an image in solidarity with this, but my file naming convention upsets Conspiracy Sinus user.

Having said that, I agree with you completely.

I mean, you're not brain-washing them. So that's something. If you're just talking to them and trying to set them up, really you're just a busybody friend at that point.

This is one of those grey areas I try not to think about too hard because otherwise I would just turn my charisma and persuasion perks off because they seem like a form of passive brain-washing.

>user you know that ship made no sense and came from no where.

I mean, I felt it came outta nowhere simply because I didn't think Nick would go that direction at all, not because there was no foreshadowing of it. If you ask me I'd argue its arguably more morally wrong to harm a relationship that they seem to be content with together.

>spoiler
They're not "passive brain-washing" any more than strength perks are "passive face-crushing". You merely choose to use them that way and can affect people however much you so choose. It's not like you're Kilgrave where you literally can't moderate peoples' response to your words.

Jumpers! Have you ever haunted someone as a ghost/ghost-like being?

So long as it is merely influence and not out and out mind control, that's fine. I would also apply the same standard for pursuing individuals who, by canon, hook up before they hook up, and setting up scenarios where ultimately destructive relationships never form.

So long as you aren't removing someones free will, you're good. However. . .

>spoiler
Charisma perks aren't the ones you should worry about. If that's your line of thinking then you should absolutely worry about beauty and appearance perks. There is more and more research that shows individuals view attractive people as smarter and more trustworthy, such that stacked beauty perks might work as a completely legit form of passive mind control.

You are correct about charisma, as both charisma and strength are active. As mentioned above, beauty is trickier.