Scottish Dwarves

>Scottish Dwarves
>Norse Dwarves
>no Egyptian Dwarves
Why Veeky Forums?

i'm sure amonkhet will find a way

They're not white. Everyone in D&D is white from the players to the characters.

Fuck you, now I have to rewrite my Egyptian dwarves into Zulu dwarfs.

in my homebrew setting i am making up in my mind and no one will ever interact with dwarves are kind of jewish/egyptian inspired.The good dwarves fled from the bad egyptian regimen which still stands as the evil dwarf empire,they went in the desert and founded their civilization.
Desert dwarves just sound too good and egyptian exthethique really looks well on them too.

> WHY DON'T WE TAKE DWARVES AND MAKE THEM A DIFFERENT CULTURE?

Every other day we have this thread.

Ganondorf is best Dorf.

Dragon age incoming.
They're called surfacer dwarves, they were exiled from their own homes and forced onto the surface.
Apparently they eventually reached a desert, and a few things saying how they found "the stone" again.

Tl:dr demon summoning dwarves that can take the heat.

Proper Dwarves should be from Lancashire and fight with Yorkshire Dwarves

We still want pasty dwar- wait a minute.
Australian dwarves.
Why not?

They should be a holy race, as Egyptians revered little people. Small ->childlike ->eternal youth ->immortality

Better than a Martial vs. Caster thread.

>Isolated prison colony left to their own devices and eventually given up to become a world power
And now I have Duergar for my next setting.

sounds more like halflings or hobbits or gnomes

>We have no bloody mountains in this cursed desert, so we built a couple to bury our elders
Makes sense to me.

Pathfinder has a lot of egyptian dwarf stuff. there's even the prestige class Living Monolith for turning yourself into a stone golem that summons sphinxes and has a ka stone and shit.

I have Egyptian dwarves in the form of Ushabti. They're also gradually growing undead as they age and covering rotting parts with clay.

Maybe they are different breeds?

>sand dwarves
>no one mentions Guilded Age dwarves

This comic is pretty decent, I'm surprised I never see it on Veeky Forums.

The Midgard campaign setting has Egyptian, Norse, and central European dwarves

SQUATS

Always wanted to run a campaign where the dwarves are Babylonian-inspired, like pic related. There's some similarity: cuneiform script looks fairly similar to most depictions of fantasy dwarven; and there is a similar emphasis on tradition and law in both societies.

Because egypt is not europe and anything outside of fantasy land sucks

Considering dwarven stubbornness,amount of shitposting will flood the not!Earth

>bogan dorfs running around in flannies glassing cunts
Fuckin oath!

>Egyptians
>Not ancient mesopotamians

If there's ever been a real world culture more predisposed to be adapted into dwarves it's motherfucking Sumerians, Assyrians, Babylonians and those other niggers who don't matter.

Because Veeky Forums has a knee-jerk reaction to vidya sometimes.
Nice digits.

This

Say we did do this then 10 years down the road everyone is fucking complaining that Dwarves are all Egyptian. It's basically the euphemism treadmill except replace hurtful words with dwarves

Also dwarves are a Northern European mythology thing so it makes sense that they would be culturally Northern European

Dwarves script resembles runes in Tolkien though

>take vikings
>make them short and underground
>add scotsman
>get russians
How does this work

Its how you get squats son

This is plain wrong. Most mythologies around the world have magical small people.

Australian economy is based on mining, isn't it? And they tend to be huge cunts. And drink a lot. A natural fit, isn't it?

and how do you believe that meme magic isn't real after this

>egyptians
>not meds
>falling to WE WUZZ memes

Mesopotamian Dwarves are quite a common concept (Chaos Dwarves of WHFB, Dvemmer of TES), yet Messopotamians weren't white either.

>why are fictional races based only on the societies that invented them?

Gee, let me guess.

Babylonian Dwarfs best Dwarfs

And most of those magically small people have nothing else in common with archetypal dwarves.

Then the reason dwarfs are Norse is because, who guessed it, dwarfs are fucking Norse.

Stealing this.

It's because of those original myths and in particular because Tolkien gave a big nod to the Norse origins in his dwarves, and then because unoriginal shit like DnD perpetuated it (if you doubt, then note how generic fantasy nearly always does faux-Quenya or faux-Sindarin names for its Elves. Tolkien is a bigger influence than generic fantasy apologists try to pretend).

because there were pygmies.

I liked the dwarves in the tropical island setting Veeky Forums created once, with tikiforged, brown island elves and rum drinking, dread wearing jamaican sailor dwarves.

What do dragonborn count as?

>Big
>Tall
>Noble
>Savage
>Red scales
Native Americans done badly?

We already have chaos dwarves.

I mean Warhammer has evil Babylonian dwarves, so that's something.

If you want to see something done, do it

furry shit

What is that image?

Ancient Egypt even had a dwarf god and he was pretty fucking cool.

>Bes (Bisu, Aha) was an ancient Egyptian dwarf god. He was a complex being who was both a deity and a demonic fighter. He was a god of war, yet he was also a patron of childbirth and the home, and was associated with sexuality, humour, music and dancing. Though he began as a protector of the pharaoh, he became very popular with every day Egyptian people because he protected women and children above all others. He had no temples and there were no priests ordained in his name. However, he was one of the most popular gods of ancient Egypt and was often depicted on household items such as furniture, mirrors and cosmetics containers and applicators as well as magical wands and knives.

>Over time he came to be seen as the champion of everything good and the enemy of everything evil. It seems that he was originally known as "Aha" ("fighter") because he could strangle bears, lions and snakes with his bare hands. He is described as a demon, but he was not considered to be evil. On the contrary, he was a supporter of Ra who protected him from his enemies. As a result, he was a god of war who protected the pharaoh and the people of Egypt from evil forces. He was often depicted on knives in the hope that this would extend his protection to the bearer of the blade.

>He was particularly protective of women and children and was often depicted with the young Horus protecting him as he matured. As a result, he also became a god of childbirth. It was thought that he could scare off any evil spirits lurking around the birthing chamber. If the mother was experiencing a difficult birth, a statue of Bes was placed near her head and his assistance was invoked on her behalf. Rather sweetly, Bes remained at the child's side after birth to protect and entertain them. It was said that if a baby laughed or smiled for no reason, it was because Bes was pulling funny faces.

Bes was cool. Sometimes people wore Bes masks during childbirth procedures to help it along, and there were mysterious rooms called "Bes chambers" in some temples w´hich some Egyptologists believe were some kind of place to go get laid if you were having trouble conceiving.

Also he was half lion. His original depictions were believed to be wearing a lion's pelt, Hercules-style, even having a tufted tail at the back, but over time that got simplified until he was simply a weird-looking dwarf.

You could say he was da Bes

>no Egyptian anything

Why Veeky Forums?

What about mexican dwarves?

> Dwarves are in a diaspora from their homeland, a land of sand and metal
> They make a living as tinkers, traders, bankers and the like, although all retain their old priestly language and pantheon of animal gods
> The only people living in the blasted demon-haunted ruin of their old empire are humans and dwarves who are too stubborn to let fiends drive them out of what was once the capital of the world
> Dwarves consider it a holy duty to enter the desert as a demon-slayer, where their path to paradise is paved with the blood of gods and monsters
> The abyss gradually blends into the desert, meaning the farther in you go, the more demons you encounter
> A network of financiers is trying to gather funding for an expedition to reclaim the lost desert, but everyone around them hates them

I just smashed Israelis, Dwemer and ancient Egyptians together and added some good old fashioned anti-Semitism to even it out. I'm not very original.

Dwarves in my setting are Roman and various Chinese dynasties. They are also the most populous race, super buff, technologically advanced to the point of automation, and matriarchal with women being taller than men.

To be fair Bes was probably some sort of pigmy. I read somewhere that etimologically it's connected to them.

I mean, nothing should stop you from pigmy dorfs, but still it's kinda different.