Future/Space/Cyberpunk Character Art Thread

Future/Space/Cyberpunk Character Art Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_activity_suit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gonna need some scifi female pilots for a Traveller campaign myself.

OP, you're allowed to post too, you know

Art of my character from an ill-fated game, thanks to a drawfriend here.

Why do I find huge, bulky suits like this so damn sexy? Why do I long to be sealed inside one?

Because it looks sturdy, dependable, and reliable. Like the father you never had.

In the beginning we fought wars naked. In the far flung future we're getting close back to it.

Who needs armor when your flesh is now glorious metal?

>SS13
>Get dat fukken disk

Agreed, my only concern would be still being able to fuck but then I imagine when I'm not hanging out in my body I'm in my virtual space.

I'm looking for a bearded guy smoking a cigar and wearing a shirt that says off world

I do prefer the full "human" metal aesthetic over things like a human head on what looks like a hydraulic press.

"latex" space suits are the best cliche, hands down. It would be a pain in the ass to have to live in that future if you don't have the body for it, but still...

Best I can do.

It's not complete bullshit. They're "space activity suits"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_activity_suit

It's a real thing. Conforming to the body, exactly, is a requirements. It keeps your insides in. Turns out they're a bitch for dick'n'balls. Like getting softly kicked in the balls the entire time you're under vacuum. At least the last time they were seriously researched. Women had it easier. The hands were also a bitch to manufacture, but I imagine that's gotten a lot better now.

A little dose of radiation never killed anyone. Quickly.

I need art of extreme and unusual physical augmentaiton. No stroggs though.

Well I think mostly the idea is pushed into a far future where it would be possible. Certainly from a sci-fi standpoint where you could have the standard nanotech (because nanites make anything possible, natch) for metallic "cloth" and any number of defensive technologies that would allow you to forgo heavy plating. Plasma, kinetic barriers hardlight, whatever.

You okay with multiarms?

Of course.

I can only image what sort of augmentations to the brain would be needed to handle multiple limbs. That said, it would be awesome to have an extra set of limbs.

Thanks. I used to be able to find the picture all the time but can find him now

She seems like the kind of woman who'd be easy to please on valentine's day:

Get her a new gun, take her down to the range, get something to eat, then give her a good hard fuckin afterwards.

That's an interesting topic. I'm by no means an expert, but having seen studies on monkeys learning to manipulate robotic limbs via cranial implants in order to feed themselves, I imagine that conscious control over multi-limbs is something that could be learned, potentially the earlier the better since the brain does have a remarkable capacity to rewire itself, especially as children, sometimes even being able to route around damage. Just the ability by some people to have both sides of their body controlled by one healthy brain hemisphere, for instance, does suggest that "load capacity" may not be a problem (no idea how many limbs the brain could naturally control before running into problems).

A major problem, I think, would be reflexes. The brain doesn't control all of our movements, but some of it is governed by the spinal cord or brain stem. That would definitely be weird and could lead to limbs getting in each other's way, so if implant augmentation is a requirement you'd probably also need upgrades outside the brain to properly coordinate everything.

Always a classic.