SLAANESH LIVES

The new hammerhal AoS box has a Sorcerer lord of slaanesh:

"Finally, we have Lord Redomir, a Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh.
Long has he, and sorcerers like him, attempted to draw the attention of their lost Chaos God, but to no avail. Now he thinks he may havefound a way to locate and awaken his gorged and sleeping deity. Gathering to him followers of Chaos and binding them with promises of bloodshed, mayhem and desolation, he has forged an alliance and seeks to fulfil his destiny…"

warhammer-community.com/2017/02/21/closer-look-the-villains/

The sorcerer is actually planning to locate and awaken the gorged and sleeping Slaanesh!

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Sorcerer-Lord-2016?_requestid=5544120
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also the next big 40k release is supposed to be Fulgrim

That could be good news for 40k Slaanesh, that eldar fag has me worried

Should have you at ease.
The biggest danger to Slaanesh was him being radically altered to avoid tranny demons now that it's un-PC to pick on trannies.
But they just released a new tranny demon so it'll all be fine.

For a "sorcerer LORD" he looks pretty fucking basic.

He hardly looks much above chaos cult leader.

Also there's not a single slaanesh icon sculpted, at least none on the front.

He's the generic Sorcerer model with a different coat of paint.

That dude's literally just the old plastic Sorcerer in different colors. And Slaanesh was always around in AoS, just missing until now, apparently. I don't even play AoS and I can seperate memes from facts.

This "New" model is about as "New" as their most recent white dwarf model. Slaanesh is shafted yet again.

>it's actually old Tzeench sorcerer model
Yeah sure, Slaanesh lives.

no one claimed the model was new.

whats new is some info on slaanesh and confirmation GW is still likely to do some with him.

Most likely it's another tease from GW "guys, Slaanesh will return soon".

>hammerhal
Always keking at AoS names

Slaanesh and his followers were never gone, thats just a meme perpetuated by knee jerk faggots. Slaanesh followers were featured in multiple artworks and stories, and it was made pretty clear in the chaos grand alliance book what slaaneshi worshippers are up to. One of the first short stories released was specifically about a war band of slaanesh looking for clues of his whereabouts.
Elves have literally not even shown up in the story yet, no one knows whats going on in ulgu or hysh, but we know they're coming. With slaanesh its been there from the start.

This.
He's not represented in the Archaon model so it's clear they're not going to bring Slaanesh back anytime soon.
But his followers will fuck around in the background being irrelevant for the next 15 years so HE'S TOTALLY RETURNING.

>Slaanesh never gone,
>8+
>never gone

>The sorcerer is actually planning to locate and awaken the gorged and sleeping Slaanesh!
it's not the first time a plot like this has been shown in aos.

guess how did the others end?

Needs a bigger dickhat.

I think they plan for Slaanesh a big comeback and will push Slaanesh in a different direction. GW stated on multiple occasions, that they aren't too happy with his current identity. I think the whole goofy sound/erotic is a relic of the past and is in dire needs to be overworked.

Maybe push it more into a "psychology" direction, playing with the minds and senses of his enemies. They could give him more to work with the Bravery/Leadership stat. We have there still a ton of untapped potential. In my eyes the most underused stat.

>replaced by Horned Rat in fantasy
>about to be replaced by Ynnead in 40k

>Bloodshed, mayhem and desolation"
Doesn't sound too slaanesh like.

i hoped it would be morathi, not some horned rat bullshit

I love this idea. Go full Hellraiser on Slaanesh and his followers.

I'm in the minority who prefer the new daemonettes though. Slaanesh isn't supposed to be waifu-bait, xe is supposed to be disturbing and unsettling as fuck.

>I think the whole goofy sound/erotic is a relic of the past
SJW, pls.

>Slaanesh is back
Yeah sure, right after orcs

To be fair, I don't see much room where Slaanesh could go at the moment.

All the Chaos gods have obviously there own theme going own. Khorne has "uncontrollable rage and anger", Nurgle has his "decay of life", Tzeentch stands for the "greed for power" and Slaanesh would fit in just dandy with some kind of "insanity".

For years Slaanesh been just a meme and the possibility least played god for maybe even a decade. Now he got a stage and if GW doesn't come up with some new fresh material, he stays a meme.

Are we now doing this silly name calling thingy, all the popular kids do? Okay, I take the bait.

Look, ask your local LGSs what have been the least selling chaos god and it will probably either Tzeentch and Slaanesh. It's rarely Khorne, and Nurgle has been always strong in sales. If I see people play Slaanesh, I see them playing it ironically, which completely destroys the vibe of the game. A Emperor's Children army looks like a fucking 80's Heavy Metal band + groupies.

>It's rarely Khorne, and Nurgle has been always strong in sales.
Wow, so you aren't SJW, you are from GW, got any proofs?
>A Emperor's Children army looks like a fucking 80's Heavy Metal band + groupies.
So as Dark Eldars, how it's supposed to be bad?

It will be morathi, user is misinformed about the importance of the horned rat in the chaos pantheon.

>implying morathi "daemons" wouldn't be some shit like mandrakes from 40k

>SoB still look like tranny
>New SoB still look like tranny
>All 4 models! In 20 fucking years!

I don't see your point

>the best minis in the world.

Nah, all SoB looks like bodypositive strong independent womyns.

>not calling him Lord Shaft

I wish. The just look like fat tranny.

guys it might still take a while for slaanesh to come back. Ithink i remmber some user talking about having a year for each chaos god when the new bloodthrister was shown. we had the khorne year,tzeentch is happening with a lot of stuff for him and next is nurgle most likely. Only then they will resurrect slaanesh or let it die completely.

>or let it die completely.
Nah, Slaanesh followers are perfect tool to tease audience about "some big new announce".

Exactly.

>The just look like fat tranny.
So they totally fit current trend

>implying I implied that.

Reminder that GW doesn't see slaanesh necessary for the existence of the emperor's children, the noise marines and fulgrim himself.

they will become orphans of a god.

>New CEO
>Guy GW totally cares about their consumers now
>GW have more marines! Now in AoS style!
>Update older models and armies?! Fuck no here have another huge model!

GW is the same nothing change. They did not learn from the mistakes of fantasy and are doing the same mistakes in 40k

Nothing changes, nothing ever will.

Except community contact, at least.

>they still selling Eldar models from 3th and 4th editions like "premium quality product"
>Except community contact
IMO, but they use it more like PR than actual contacts, because they still didn't change their policy about community "if you not agree with our decision at 100% then we don't care"

I got banned and my post removed more than once.

It is PR at best.

My favourite is the Warhammer tv on twitch charging for basically ads.

Second edition Ork and full metal SoB army want a word with you.

Hell IG are still waiting for something other than catachan and Cadian in non metal.

>Wow, so you aren't SJW, you are from GW, got any proofs?

No, just a strong suspicion based on personal experience. I play at different LGS and travel through the country to play at tourneys or conventions, talk to people. Slaanesh is the one I see the rarest.

But my strongest clue would be the handling of Slannesh by GW. They obviously don't want to kill Slaanesh because we got this new model and there been a special reprint event of the old Daemonettes some weeks or months ago. Maybe they just want to change some stuff about the playstyle around Slaanesh, which been awfully boring btw, and don't want to touch the identity of Slaanesh. I would see that as a missed opportunity to give the players something cool and new, instead of "Look who's back! The same old boring faggot!"

>So as Dark Eldars, how it's supposed to be bad?

Thanks, that's a great point! Why we need two armies with the same theme going on, especially when the Dark Eldar do it way better and arguably less forced.

Blizzard is going to redesign Slaanesh into a kid-friendly character.

>g-g-g-guys Slaanesh always was bad and borring, none liked it anyway, we will be better without him!
>No, just a strong suspicion based on personal experience.
Yeah sure.
>Why we need two armies with the same theme going on, especially when the Dark Eldar do it way better and arguably less forced.
Yeah why we need Thousand Sons and Necrons.
>Blizzard is going to redesign Slaanesh
You haven't played WoW after Vanilla, aren't you?

>which been awfully boring btw
Oh fuck off, Slaanesh playstyle probably one of the most interesting, of they really starts care about rules.
>to give the players something cool
Such as another sigmarines, or fireslayers?

>They obviously don't want to kill Slaanesh because we got this new model
What new model? The one in the OP is literally just generic chaos sorcered recolor:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Sorcerer-Lord-2016?_requestid=5544120

HAIL SLAANESH!

>Tfw even Hashut is still alive in the new setting despite being beaten by Gork and Mork

Feels good that even Chaos stunties are more relevant than Slaanesh

Wow, even for GW, this is just lazy. This company never fails to amaze me.

>Wow, even for GW, this is just lazy.
>what new AoS starter is

Point me in the fluff where chaos dwarfs appear, please.

Mentions them in all-gates about how Archaons fortress was built by the sons of Hashut

>sons of Hashut
Which implies "mortal servants of Hashut"

I don't know, the giant pink transsexual murder god?

Sorry I meant to say Children of Hashut, also, Shar'Tors model was the first AoS FW model released and it has a trampled fyreslayer helmet at his feet

>, Shar'Tors model was the first AoS FW model released
That's why it looks less detailed than old Chaos Dwarfs? No seriously it looks like a big lack of personality in model.
>and it has a trampled fyreslayer helmet at his feet
So...?

Who's actually supposed to remove slaanesh and be the new eldar souls sucker? way to prove the point.

this

if there wasn't a big logo on top of him I'd have assumed it was a warmahorde model going by the trims.

Yeah, but people are claiming slaanesh is getting squatted because giant flaming transsexuals with tiddies aren't kid friendly. And then they release this.

I see a boobplated elf not a literal semen demon with his tits out

>ITT: Kneejerk reactionists take their own ideas as law in the ruling of a Wargame series that has yet to even hint at anything they think is happening.

Not only are you all fucking retarded in thinking Slaanesh is dead, Hammerhal actually gives us more than ever because it claims Slaanesh is sleeping and not a prisoner.

At what point did people draw this retarded idea that Slaanesh is dead from?

>W-Why are my Daemonettes not Diaz Waifus

Because the plastic Daemons release was a blast to the past for ALL Daemons. Or are you angry Bloodletters are not generic red Demons with Axes too?

I liked all Deamonettes the old 80's punk rock ones, Diaz and the plastic ones
Same goes with Nurgle and tzeench. Khorn Deamons on the other hand never click for me.

>with tiddies
Covered, just like sigmarines chestplates.
>aren't kid friendly
Since when transgenders aren't kid friendly in Europe?
>guys they will return Slaanesh soon, just give them time
For now all what keeps Slaanesh alive is army of Chaos Daemons from 40k
>Bloodletters
>not generic red Demons with Axes
Wut?

I don't know what post did you read to write that unrelated response, but I was referring to the fact that the new eldar release has little in common with the aspects that people consider not kid friendly in slaanesh; so using it to support the idea that stuff like this will see actual support again sounds retarded.

Fyreslayers only exist during the age of Sigmar, and that coupled with the mention of children of hashut in All-Gates points to them being still alive and kicking in the new setting

>Fyreslayers only exist during the age of Sigmar
So what? Children of Hashut could mean anything, new Chaos Duardins, or just WOC who serving Hashut. Thiis models have the same weapon as Khorne humans from starter

>. This model
fix

>implying Slaneesh won't get squatted for being too non-kid-friendly and non-sjw-friendly

Well it's been established in previous lore that Chaos Dwarfs make the weapons for the Chaos Warriors so I don't know why it's a stretch that an axe would look similar. On top of that, Chaos Dwarfs referred to Hashut as "The Dark Father" so when a book refers to the "Children" of Hashut, its kind of fucking obvious that it's talking about Chaos Dwarfs

>Chaos Dwarfs make the weapons for the Chaos Warriors
>Chaos Dwarfs referred to Hashut as "The Dark Father"
In WHFB, AoS is different setting.

AoS is the continuation sequel setting. It's a new setting yes, but it's still using the previous setting as a foundation to build off of

>but it's still using the previous setting as a foundation to build off of
Nope, only few characters, yet they are different from WHFB characters (Sigmar for example), Mortal Realm races are new races (like aelves who were created from elves souls), MR humans aren't descendants of Old World humans.
Not to mentions the whole setting in AoS sometimes contradicts to WHFB fluff.

>AoS is the continuation sequel setting.
Shill, please. Trying to start another shitpostfest?

But we're arguing about Hashut, who not only has mentions in the fluff of Archaon but also in Bloodbound as a smith Khorne uses too.

The fact we have a new Bull centaur character, the chosen of Hashut, shows Hashut is alive and hating.

Yeah, but nothing about Chaos dwarfs.

Look at his shield.

Let's play spot the SJW

Horrors were actually pretty new, their old design I think was a lot stronger than the half goofy half horror ones we have now rather than the propper horrors or the full goofy ones of old

>implying it wasn't clear times ago who AoS audience is

What it annoys me most is that the head is from either a Latino or a white man. That paint job looks like a white guy putted black paint on his face

>a character is black
>EVIL SJWs ARE COMING FOR MUH HOBBY OH GOD

>evry new released box now have 1 black and 1 yellow dude
>g-g-g-gguys it's not SJW
Meanwhile meet new Warrior Priest.

Well at least that is a black guy and not a Latino painted black like

Looks kinda rad desu.
Like, if I wanted to play He-Man tabletop, he'd be perfect.

I've always thought Hellraiser Cenobites are exactly what slaanesh is about. They're all about a dimension of the highest possible sensory experience after all. While the later movies started going more towards "they're deeemooooons!" the original and the book is as slaneeshi as it gets.

>thinks tranny is what made GW downplay Slaanesh
>Slaanesh: god of excess with nearly every model requiring a minimum of 12 titties hanging low
I think Slaanesh's downplay and possible impending resurgence was mostly because GW wants to break into the kid market and they know parents would take one look at Slaanesh's titty monsters and refuse to get it for their kids. Nothing to do with being PC just rebranding to reach a new audience

Some times I forget the western world is mentally retarded regarding tits.

No that's the chaos one, but you'll be forgiven as it came out the same time as the tzeentch chaos lord, which had insect like legs IIRC

No just Protestants

HAHAHAH

Fuck them

I know I am not going to paint my Eldar Death God pink. It will most likely be tarnished gold and white with pale grey souls.

deathly bluish white also works

My friend, this thread you grasp at and laud to the world is thin and already frayed....

but it's one of the few threads we have! CLAMP IT TIGHTLY AND LET US FORGE ON TO THE GILDED PALACE!!!

WE