How much money should you have invested in crypto before buying one of these?

How much money should you have invested in crypto before buying one of these?

Other urls found in this thread:

ledger.fr/2015/03/27/how-to-protect-hardware-wallets-against-tampering/.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

any amount that you're worried about losing

I had 5k in when I bought one

I bought one when I reached 100k

I like to live dangerously

bought it before i even started to invest

I have about 30k is it time?

5k min, depends on if you just wanna store it away for long term holding

if you trade shitcoins actively there's little point since your stack will likely be on an exchange

10x its price, so 800 bucks.

they do a good job of slowing down the fomo/fud train. mine has made me money because of this....

Where can I buy one?

Depends on your existing security practices. If you're keeping your stack on a windows machine that you also use day-to-day, you need one as soon as it's worth 4 figures. If you have an offline BSD machine that you use only for signing transactions, you only really need it for convenience.

I wanna look cool

I'm at 4k now so I'll probably buy one in a couple months

bought one after 300k

Im not buying one until I hit 1k

10k*

Bought after 600$

i keep it on xchanges. that thing is too complicated and you can fuck up in so many ways with these flash drives and lose all you crypto on it.

You can literally just use MEW. Exact same thing except you don’t spend $70

>not having a bio implant

Have fun being dinosaurs

yea, it's only 50$ - 100$ and you will feel 100% more safe

Depends a lot on your trading strategy. Not much point unless you're long holding. If you're moving stuff around all the time it doesn't make sense to pull your currency off your exchange.

.5 sat

I bought one for the price of 17 LTC when LTC was $4...lol but made sense because i was storing over 500 LTC and 20K strat 200 ETH

Good luck signing transactions on an RFID. You'll need something more like a smartcard to actually store crypto in your flesh.

>I feel safe
>piece of shit made in China can break at any moment

SALT lending has a good deal on a ledger guys

NEXT big boy is ETC, going parabolic now.

I just have a few USB drives with all my wallet files on different encrypted (different passwords) partitions. Don't see what this expensive, probably backdoored thing can really offer.

i had a little over 2k when i bought and started loading mine

I ended up with Electrum on my old laptop, but it's kinda old so I'm thinking to get hardware wallet.
I might be retarded, but i'm a bit paranoid on getting those, like what if the store that i bought gave me fake or hacked hardware wallet or something like that.
Someone convince me that it's safer compared to my cold wallet

I'm gonna get one when shit starts getting serious, right now have about $260 in BTC, so I'm sticking with a secure password for now.

No it's not the exact same thing. Now you're assuming they're running an offline machine and signing TXs there, which most of these brainlets will not do.

Just buy a fucking Ledger, man.

you buy it from the manufacturer. if you buy from a chinks on ebay of course you get fucked.

Ledgers can be authenticated using their chrome extension. Assuming their super secret secure element chip isn't compromised, it's impossible to forge or tamper with. ledger.fr/2015/03/27/how-to-protect-hardware-wallets-against-tampering/.