This thread has been conquered in the name of the Hobgoblin Emperor. Slavery...

This thread has been conquered in the name of the Hobgoblin Emperor. Slavery, as well as the various semi-atagonistic slave-taking races, may be discussed here.

Gnolls and other degenerates need not apply

Thread-starter: are Mindflayers in all their forms a disgrace to the art of slavery, or are they just really fucking weird?

>conquered
That's not how creating a thread works
It's like building a plane and claiming you're hijacking the plane

All acquisition is conquest. Whether you have taken from a mortal or from the gods of entropy themselves, you have still conquered.

>Hobgoblin
>Emperor
I believe you mean "Military Council", "Dictator" or "General".

I Murgoth the Terrible, believe the tentacle faces are really fucking weird. I sell men and dwarves to them for drow slaves, and the drow are always slow in the mind. It's like the little squids took a nibble out of the slaves before selling then.

>semi atagonistic
Tell me OP of your Atagonese cultures. Is Atagon far away?

Just to inform you as a polite gentleman that I'll be using Atagonese as a name for a country in my setting. thanks faulty spellchecker and humorist!

Female hobbits fetch a high price where I come from. How much?

Our Shogun has some peculiar beliefs. He holds the real power, but lets the titular Emperor rule in name only (and have nice things).

They use queer magic in their slave-taking, instead of good old fashioned whips and iron.

Speaking of weird slave-takers, what about these faggots?

You're welcome, Atagonian scum.

Magic, Bahhh! That's not how you take slaves! Ido like the drow slaves I get though. Slow in the mind, but their bodies are supple and fresh.
I do not like those disgusting spiders. I find the squids queer, but these spiders are just offensive to the eyes and ears. Bastards, all of them.

my pleasure you Protagian whoreson.

HELLO MY NAME IS MR NIDALAP. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD GUIDE ME TO THE SLAVE TRADING AREA.

Are you in need of a labour-slave, a combat-slave, or a more specialized slave?

UH....LABOR...?

Oh look Reginald, the tribals are getting uppity again.

*addresses hobgoblin manservant*
Fetch my writing materials, boy. I wish to draft a letter to the military governor

Who are the greatest conquers?

Right this way, sir. We have many hardy specimens that should fill your needs

There's something wrong with Human slavers. They're obviously quite good at what they do, yet they always seem so... limp wristed.

So I heard you like conquering races

We tolerate you, although I don't think anyone has ever _liked_ the Drow.

touche touche

Has anyone had a mindflayer for a slave?
I have one, pic related, and apparently her people used the body of a giant to make her

anyways she's great, fixed some of my mental issues out, great therapist
10/10 totally recommend

End your life as quickly as possible.

>she
If the Illithids sold you a mindflayer they claimed was female, then I think it's safe to say those squid-faces have quite the sense of humour.

Well, Illithid infiltrators still have sexes. They just have a mindflayer brain will retaining most of the physical characteristics of the original host.

>Slavery

I want to marry the Hobgoblin Emperor's cute daughter for love!

The Emperor, may his name be blessed, has many fine daughters of good breeding and royal temperament in varying degrees. I am certain that, provided you are a warlord of acceptable strength and repute, a princess' hand in marriage is not out of your reach

I've already destroyed a gnoll warband and bested the Duke of Stromburg's finest knights with the aid of my trusted company of elite soldiers, the Black Shields. What more does the Emperor require in service before I may court such a lovely bride?

As an agent of the Bronze and Steel Throne, I must ask what lands you control, and what forces you can muster other than your elite Black Shields? The Emperor will only give a daughter's hand to a proper warlord, not to just a mercenary captain or an adventurer.

As a Hobgoblin of honour, I also congratulate you on your victory against Gnoll filth!

Presently I command goblin and human levies drawn from the Tallowood tribes, the villages of Stromburg, and the Flintspur Hills, in addition to the Black Shields, garrisoned in my late father's citadel Caradroth when we aren't campaigning against orc trash and other riff-raff.
Stromburg's castle was destroyed to encourage future order, but the ruin will provide a great many raw materials for new roads from Caradroth to each of my holdings. The late Duke's daughter has already been married off to Lord Aldrich, a loyal human noble sworn to the Empire's service and a trusted comrade in many a battle. I hope to recruit cavalry amongst the sons of Stromburg's knights; we shall see if they can be made sufficiently loyal to the Throne.

You command a great range of troop and have several holdings to your name. Send an emissary bearing your standard to our capital city, and I am certain that the Emperor will present you with an invitation and an audience to discuss marriage.

Such a union will not require an oath of fealty, simply that you swear to join all the Empire's defensive wars and some of its offensive wars - a promise that the Empire will keep for you as well. This union will also keep your peoples safe from Hobgoblin slavery.

May there be peace and friendship between us.

Long live the Emperor!
May his daughter be as fruitful as she is lovely!

Mindflayers make slavebreaking an art. Mindflayers don't have slave revolts, besides the gith incident.

And the Duergar incident.

And the Deep Gnome incident.

They don't fail often, but when they do...