Anyone have any biopunk/biotech art?

Anyone have any biopunk/biotech art?

Other urls found in this thread:

turbofanatic.tumblr.com/
scorn-game.com
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BKTkCa5nB_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

These are neat

I think so too. They're from an old Veeky Forums project called Gigerworld/Freak Quest

I got you, also go check out Blame and some of his other works

All I've got to contribute is this pic which I think is technically SFW.

how would a living entity go about becoming an interstellar spaceship?

I don't know
but maybe it wasn't transformed but engineered genetically. Like an egg or organism that grows and builds structures like bones or chitin. i would suggest reading leviathan, its a steam punk bio punk mix about an alternative world war 1

contributing

Source? my google-fu is weak.

Apologies if some of these aren't 100% biological

Would this be Protein Man, rather than Iron Man? Idk

Dumpan

One wonders. In a world like this where things are grown or spawned from vats or otherwise artificially created, the differences between genders (if indeed there ARE even genders) would vanish, wouldn't they? There would be no need for a "feminine" body type and mentality among a race that no longer needed to carry or raise their young, and they could focus totally on becoming more aggressive and expansionist, no?

Eclipse Phase and other transhumanist settings often emphasise that gender is little more than a cosmetic choice... for those with access to Fleshcrafting, But With Science.

If you're somewhere where things are more realistic, and most serious bioengineering has to be done in the embyronic stages, gender, health, race, and other 'fossils' might be just as important as they are today.

...depending on what exactly you're doing to everybody's genes at conception.

>and they could focus totally on becoming more aggressive and expansionis

Given how slow and troubled humanity's development towards stable societies is, you may not want to dial this up to any greater degree if people are to be able to get along at all. And not getting along means you miss out on things like accumulated knowledge, scientific progress, and industrial manufacturing, leaving your vat people to try and expand with an assortment of early stone age weapons in a world where technology is advanced enough for vat grown and heavily engineered people to exist.

i got a higher res version of this

i'll also start dumping

thats all i got lads

I just assume that any society that's gone this far is purely concerned with expanding into the stars.

Give a woman the skeleton and lungs of an upscaled bird and implant her with gorilla muscles and she will literally break the spine of any strongman Bane style. When you start engineering human bodies at such a deep level, the build of the body is irrelevant. All that matters is the biological processes deep inside the body powering the body.

one reason, vanity

sure some people will be sexually attracted to bio-weapon gorillas, but most will be more towards the classic human shape.

I think aesthetic and sexual attractions would slowly change as bio-alteration became more and more common

HE WAS TURNED TO FLESH
IN THE GREAT MAGNETIC MESH
WHEN HE TRAVELED TIME
FOR THE FUTURE OF MANKIND

NOW THE TIME IS HERE
FOR A MAN TO SPREAD FEAR

HEAVY CLAWS OF BONE
FIND HIS VICTIMS ALL ALONE
RUNNING AS FAST AS THEY CAN
PROTEIN MAN LIVES AGAIN

geonosion sailship

>skeleton and lungs of an upscaled bird and implant her with gorilla muscles

My dick

Wayne Barlowe is great

not exactly gigeresque, but I feel it's close

who's the guy with sex arms?

Does anyone have art made by that polish dude? Beksinski or something.

They're still limited by fundamental mechanical constraints. A bigger muscular cross section applied over a bulkier skeleton will have more strength and leverage than a smaller frame. Yes the smaller frame could have disproportionate strength thanks to metabolic changes, but the big body could have that, too.

Also remember that biotech usually coexists with computers and machinery. So a body optimized as a thug would be a nice enforcer, but contrast someone with higher intelligence, reflexes, and a compact body that fits more easily into a combat vehicle.

You'd have to decide what we still need to do with our own muscle power in that setting. In GURPS Transhuman Space (by far the best hard sci fi transhumanist setting), it boils down to social and intellectual/creative pursuits. The classic human body, idealized, is a very good fit. And yes they have non-human looking bodies, they just haven't taken over.

When you want to get into that kind of shit, you might as well just completely trash the human form and just create gorilla or tyrannosaur morphs.

What gets me about a lot of these is that for designed creatures they look aesthetic but not practical.

Where's my hyper-effcient creatures that look awful?

artist is z-ton

source for all is turbofanatic.tumblr.com/

Where's the job requirements that require such a form? Everything I can think of is better suited to a robot or bioconstruct servant.

Humans might look weird if you're trying to stretch pantropic adaptations to suit a very marginal environment. But outright ugly?

The human form is pretty damn good for a lot of things. It can run, climb, and swim. All with decent efficiency and not a lot of room to improve one without crippling another. We're very efficient tool-users. No fur means very well designed for clothing and environment suits.

Size is just right. You could probably cut size in half and keep IQ constant. Then you'd require less life support and have a higher proportional strength. But a lower absolute strength and you'd be more dependent on machines. If you go bigger, then IQ and strength will go up as roughly x^2... but proportional strength goes down and caloric requirements go up as x^3. Either or neither might make sense. Personally, I'd take a slight size decrease species-wide, but if it's just me then it's not worth the social penalties.

Most of the changes I can think of are either cosmetic, metabolic, or tinkering around the edges. The only two gross anatomical problems our species has that I can think of are our feet and our pelvis. Both are serviceable as is.

Bumb

i think there's an SCP like this

That's hardly surprising. There's a scp for pretty much everything these days

Im surprised to see art from primordial evo game still popping up given that the game ended years ago

Yeah the weird thing is, sexy transhumanism is the most likely transhumanism.

>scorn-game.com
Something this thread might enjoy.

I would buy those skins.

space jockey gun from alien comics

Looks like Asura, of Asura's Wrath.

Guyver 1 redesign? Kind of like it

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BKTkCa5nB_8

How have we gone this long in thread with nobody mentioning scorn?!

The footage from this game disgust me yet I wanna play it so bad

I love the premise of Knights of Sidon Ian, but the animation style is what put me off of ajin, it just looks so weird to me, same with rwby

RWBY is a travesty that doesn't even deserve to be called animation, it's more a laundrylist of animation 101 no-no's

plus it recently was brought to light that most of the character models were just stolen and altered from MikuDance

That's a Rifts character if I've ever seen one

Posting some Gigerverse sketches

Fug