Aside from named characters who can 1v1 a WoC? They seem such Mary Sues like Fantasy equivalent of marines

Aside from named characters who can 1v1 a WoC? They seem such Mary Sues like Fantasy equivalent of marines.

Are you talking WHFB or AoS?

Reminder that normal men who go to battle in PJs and clown outfits regularly 1v1 chaos warriors

>regularly 1v1
senpai

Who gives a shit about AoS?

Nobody, that's why I was asking.

>They seem such Mary Sues

How?
Being powerful doesn't make you a Mary Sue.
Most Warriors of Chaos are big ugly mutant brutes who would be despised and kill on sight throughout most of the world and their power comes at a steep price.

>so bloodthirsty even Orcs were afraid lmao!
>even when they lose they kill a ton of enemies ;)

every story involving WoC reads like a fanfic written by a 14yo and what price are you talking about?

You're still not saying why they're mary sues.
You're just reiterating that they're good a fighting in which alone does not make them mary sue.

Perhaps not an even 50/50, but a solid shot nonetheless.

because they have an aesthetic that looks like 80s album covers people have collectively decided they sucked and started using edgy and mary sue as meaningless buzzwords

chaos warriors still suck though

I know basically nothing about Lizardmen could you provide some more info? Did they win that battle?

I really wish people would look up terms before they used them.

they have super wizard pepes capable of REEEEEEEEing continents to death

Ogres

Ogres would probably have the best chance but I still think it's a tossup. WoC are (slightly) smarter and more ferocious, which could make up for the difference in strength and durability..

Ferocity means fuck all Celts were fierce yet Romans decked them.

Fun fact: Chaos are amazing and easily one of Fantasy and 40k's best factions.

Almost all the best fluff and greatest art of Warhammer features Chaos.

Celts also didn't have rhino thick skins and speed just shy of a horse.

>80s album covers

You say as if it was a bad thing.

Also one must remember about where Chaos Warriors come from and live, as well as their culture, traditions, and what they usually do.

In the North, if you are not a scrotum-crushing, bloodthirsty, iron-willed badass that takes regular swimming sessions in arctic waters and is capable of slaying ferocious beasts on their own, you won't survive for long since Norsca is a really unfriendly place. Even for the Chaos Warriors themselves.

Then we have the fact that the Norse cannot even have traditional agriculture since Norsca has second to none fertile lands. They live in a land that hasn't much to offer and generally have to live in either nomadic camps or something you can call a village. Not to mention that even an average Marauder has a wife and kids, and he often has to be a meat-winner and slay something so that he and his family can survive another day. This even extends to all Chaos Warriors. Plundering civilized lands is only done either A) to spread Chaos and beat those filthy southeners and B) because they had something that Chaos Warriors need yet cannot produce due to lack of proper technology.

And that's just Norsca. The other tribes also don't have it easy.

They are not Mary Sues, there are reasons why they are big, muscled metal vikings. The lands forced them to become BADASS.

Lets take the best example of a WoC.

Archaon. Despite being a mortal man, Archaon has fought gods and titans. Emerging victorious and stronger each time. He confronted the Great Necromancer Nagash is a duel of both sorcery and arms. The fight between them was so epic that the skies and ground itself quaked and torn asunder. The combatants near them were blown away or reduced to ashen corpses from the intensity of the duel. He turned aside Nagash's blows and dispelled his magics before delivering a mighty blow that cleaved Nagash's crown and down to his head. He dashed the ravaged corpse of Nagash on the ground, before pulling Nagash's black soul from his broken body and banishing it to the depths of the Underworld with such force that the Realm of Death was nearly cloven into two.

Archaon has many other feats. Here is he confronting the Sun sized Solar Drake Ignax. Not even she could deny Archaon his want.

That's a pretty high powerlevel, but can he take on the dreaded Madara Uchiha?

And then you remember the fanfic-tier writing guys like ADB churn out nowadays.

And Romans were fucking scared of the Celts for centuries. Only saving grace was the constant infighting, actually forced the Romans to get their shit together l leading to military tactics and by extension their empire.

Blood Dragons and Grail Knights

Yfw Celts were the real world Orcs.

Ogre, saurus, kroxigore, vampires, dwarves, elves, humans.

>Grail Knights

I don't think so.

Archaon duelled one while he was questing. He laid him down quick.

Guy, second from left, no helmet, looks like he just realized all their armor has skulls on it.
"Are... Are we the baddies?"

No two chaos warriors are similar.
One could be a four meter tall fire breathing killer machine and the next one a blob of eyeballs.
It depends on what mutations and gift the Chaos gods bestow on them.

>Hey Olaf?
>"yeah?"
>ever notice how all our stuff has skulls on it?
>"so?"
>and how we wear all black?
>"it's our tradition!"
>and how we have random extra limbs?
"tradition"
>I'm just saying man, what if we're the bad guys?
>"that's ridiculous. now get back in formation with the daemons - these women and children aren't going to rape and murder themselves"

>Archaon
that's a bit different from "a WoC"

What are you on about Archaon?
Plus he got reckt by an Orc.

Lizardmen are born fully grown, and the primary warriors of the Saurus are almost a match for Chaos Warriors on a 1 for 1 basis, being slower and less skilled than they are, but also generally more numerous.

And then there's also the Slann, mentioned here which is a surprisingly accurate summation of their abilities.

Wrong picture opps.

Archaon is literally the greatest Chaos warrior ever to live though.

Can a WoC 1v1 a dwarven shell? I don't think so.

I always love this Chaos Warrior charging picture (I don't have any bigger resolution saved, my bad) because it perfectly conveys the pants-shitting terror you'd have as an Empire guy.

I mean first of all he's fucking gigantic. His skull is like four times as big as your head even under the helmet. There's a severed torso on his shield (which is bigger than you) and it doesn't even look like it covers his whole forearm. The guy NEXT to him is at least twice your size and even he is a midget compared to this guy. At least he has a face. This guy is all black armor and skulls and the pelt of something that could probably kill you which you don't even recognize. And the armor is fucking alive, the armor has a face and the guy doesn't. Sigmar fucking save us.

Literally any vampire. A better question for this thread is, aside from named characters, who can 1v1 a blood knight?

Assuming we're talking about your common or garden variety of WoC, the ones who you take as units? Quite a lot of people. Ogres, as previously stated, have arguably the greatest units in the setting that aren't specially elite for their faction, and could definitely take a normal WoC. A Saurus should have even odds, and a Kroxigor should stomp one into the dirt. Any kind of brettonian knight could take one most likely. The more elite elves- white lions etc- should be going one for one at least. No skaven infantry would have a chance, nor conventional tomb kings or vamp knights stuff, although blood dragons and ushabti would most likely wipe the floor with them.

If you mean the higher level warriors, folks who would lead warbands, then most of the above would stand no chance, but then it's a fight against other warlords and everything comes down to which side is being wanked harder at the time.

Nope, Archaon cut off that Orcs head.

>1v1
bretonnians go and stay go.

So, what are Chaos Knights actually using for mounts? Considering their size a normal warhorse could barely do the trick. Mutant chaos warhorses?

Also post favorite chaos warrior helmets - and yes, yes, I know it's WH40k, but still I love the helmet design on this one and it would fit perfectly into WF.

only named or high ranking in general?

A half decent Grail Knight has a realistoc chance to beat a WoC 1v1. On horseback they can certainly unhorse them with a lance.

that'a probably the only natural born human though, other races are different, a Kroxigor will probably overwhelm a WoC with sheer power, can tank his hits too, probably just pull the warriors head off or rip out his arm.
elves have a few candidates, Swordmasters of Hoeth may not
have the strength, but certainly speed and skill to take one on, not to mention the weaponry to overcome his armor. Also unnamed heroes like Princes and Lords can have what it takes. Not sure with the Dark Elves, but they certainly have unnamed individuals in the lore that can take out a WoC like Malekiths elite assassins.

An average Vampire is a match for a WoC, so are Ogre Ironguts.

Overall, WoC are very powerful, but they also vary.

You posted it.

I like the hole covered ones the most

in archaons own timeline where everything went full retard at least

Basically any elite elf unit. Executioners and Swordmasters and the like will school WoC one-v-one.

They're not invincible dude.

Archaon is probably the greatest Warrior of Chaos ever. That's a damn high standard.

Does this image not exist on the internet in decent quality? I've never seen it that wasn't jpeg'd to fuck.

The faceless helmets always have a great impact. Like it's not even a man, it's a force of nature.

>Mutant chaos warhorses?
Yes, that is actually the canon. Chaos horses can kick the shit out of normal ones.

Real question is how do normal infantry 1v1 orcs? Even the smaller ones are like fucking gorillas.

>But that's the thing. Some of the worse feudal rulers do that already.
>"Then they're the bad guys"
>But they're also reviled by most of the others
>"So?"
>Just makes me think, ya know?

Archaon is not your average Warrior of Chaos.

That's like saying no lizardman could beat up an elf because Malekith once killed a Saurus.

The one in your picture is obviously a Warboss.
If that to the left is Karl Franz, then it's even a quite powerful Warboss that murdered his jolly way through the Empire already.

Archaon is the epidome of a chosen without being a demon prince.

That is so far removed from a regular WoC like a Snotling from a Blackork.

Kick to the Cöck is a powerful thing.

>End Times is better than Storm of Chaos

I feel like such a fucking old fag, I miss 6th edition so bad it hurts

>Oh boy the idiot is on it again.
>I could be taking sculls now.
>I could brewing pestilence now.
>I could fuck you two over now.
>How did that Slaanesh fagot manage to evade this shit? And why is a rat our collective asshole?
>Not even Tzeentch knows.
>Oh, now he's showing his sword around like some fucking statue.
>What a twat.
>Everidiot of chaos right here.

>None fucks with Nuln arty crew.
>No one.

Is that new Thor comics, or MTG release?

grail knights
bretonnian knights
inner circle knights
greatswords
most elven elite troops
anything above a basic dwarf warrior
any kind of saurus
black orcs
possibly big 'uns
ogres
blackpowder weapons
any nameless hero

Chaos warriors are elite heavy infantry, but they've never been particularly invincible 1v1 provided you have a big enough stick to hit them with. There's just usually a lot more of them than you have elites in other armies.

wights/grave guard/tomb guard? if they have a necromancer to keep em going they might have a decent chance.

Reminder that it's canon that Archaon can beat any Primarch.

Warriors of Chaos are basically unstoppable.

Blood knights.

>grail knights
>bretonnian knights
>inner circle knights
>greatswords
>most elven elite troops
>anything above a basic dwarf warrior
>any kind of saurus
>black orcs
>possibly big 'uns
>ogres
>blackpowder weapons
>any nameless hero
Except they all dead

Particularly lucky peasants

Orcs are large, but they're usually unarmored and very clumsy.

Another Chaos Warrior.
A big enough Orc
An Ogre
A Saurus
And a bunch of different monsters (giant, troll, etc.) Though I imagine you weren't going for those kinds of answers.

This is why halberds are widely used instead of the pikes IRL 16th century Germans preferred.

They make it easier to kill orcs, chaos warriors and other such tougher than human enemies.

Very few of those are actually likely to 1v1 a chosen.

Wat?

>Age of Shillmar.

you're kidding right? Chosen are shit in WHFB, nothing special about them. Chosen are strong because they have probably lived for hundreds of years which makes them ubermensch compared to normal humans but that's it.

Anyone else every get triggered by how useless it is putting a guy with a sword on top of a giant monster is. To actually do anything from up their the would need a long halberd or ranged weapons of some kind.

I mean rules-wise.

Various knights such as those of Brettonia, Knightly orders or Warriors of religious orders such as Ulric. Also certain other warriors of other races such as Dwarves or Elves can take a warrior of chaos one on one.

If that dragon got a model, how big would it be on the table?

>FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS

Here's a question; If Lord Kroak or Mazdamundi had somehow caught up with Archaeon before the Times Ended, would think have gone differently?

A particularly large and hungry squig.

Probably not. Archaon is wanked really really hard. Even harder than Abaddon, and that is saying something.

However if the writers WEREN'T being total faggots, then Kroak could *maybe* beat Archaon. Archaon is a lot of things, but he's still vulnerable to just getting 1v1d by an Orc/a dude with a hammer. Kroak on the other hand can wipe out entire armies of daemons with a single spell. Of course Archaon might just facecheck the spell and kill Kroak anyway.

>who can 1v1 a WoC?
- Lizardmen Temple Guard
- Dark elf Black Guard
- High elf warriors (really,any of them. Though a spearman might have a hard time)
- Black orc
- Dwarven Ironbreakers
- Imperial Knights
- Grail Knights

>an average Marauder has a wife and kids, and he often has to be a meat-winner and slay something so that he and his family can survive another day. This even extends to all Chaos Warriors.

Nope. Chaos Warriors are folks who've finally earned the favor of the Dark Gods; once they get their Chaos Armour, they don't have any physical need,but they lose most of their caring, and only crave for more power and dark blessings.

Reminder for the thread. Old worlds dead move on.

No, it'll come back one day and the gang will all be here again. We can have fun just like old times. It's just taking a bit, that's all.

>Archaon is a lot of things, but he's still vulnerable to just getting 1v1d by an Orc/a dude with a hammer
This was completely retarded even before they scrapped the whole thing for new Space Marine fluff.

If we count that, the number actually increases given all the Sigmarines.

Settra did annihilate some of them but that's Settra.