Can your elves grow beards?

Can your elves grow beards?

No. Humans, orcs, and dwarves can. Gnomes can only grow mustaches and halflings can only grow sideburns.

Do your elves buy fake beards from humans?

Yes, but elven hair naturally grows straight

I always thought it dumb elfin males couldn't grow beards.

I'm inclined to say no, because the elves and orcs in my setting moved over from the Forgotten Realms and ruined everything.

So elven beards are like some kind of Fu Manchu style?

Some. Others are just quite straight, unlike how human beards naturally grow.

No, only fu manchus.

Wood elves can, because they are more 'in-tune with nature', unlike the other kind of elves who spent so long magically twisting their own DNA to the point that they don't grow body hair any more.

Cirdan and Mahtar did. It's just that most elves prefer to shave.

I'd say gnomes can grow goatees and such, hair on the actual chin, but not the surrounding jaw and cheek

No, I don't have elves or any other stereotypical DnD races in my setting because I'm not a pleb.

I hate people like you. Your setting isn't special because you made a bunch of weird new races, settings are unique for having well thought out history, defined nations and cultures, and well described locations with interesting characters to interact with. Theres nothing wrong with using classic races, or even with using them for their classic purpose, as long as you can tell a good story, both by showing a background story of the world through context as well as a good present story that is engaging for players.

Nice assumptions there cucktron, humans are the only sapient race in my setting, consisting of a variety of nations and cultures designed from the outset to be realistic results of the environment and circumstances each group comes from rather than thoughtless stereotypes, letting me find a use for my second major being in history.

good on you then, the reason I assumed you had weird custom races was due to your wording of saying that you don't have "stereotypical dnd races" rather than just saying you didn't have races other than human.

Only elves in their third cycle.
Really really really old elves.

This. Beards are totally possible, but it's only grown as a sign of age and wisdom, even among elves.

Elf Kings often have beards.

Yes, but it's not currently in vogue. Given a fashion trend can last for centuries, this has created a myth among humans that elves lack the ability to grow more than light stubble at best.

>Topic is "can your elves grow beards?"
>Come in to say your setting doesn't have elves

Do you also go on forums for young mothers just to brag that you don't have any children?

so you don't like fantasy? alright!

What about shadowrun elves? I vaguely mentioned stubble from traveling so long once without thinking

Not only that, but also can be muscular.