WoW: The TCG

>WoW: The TCG
>2005-2013
>RIP

Now that the dust has literally settled. Was it a good TCG?

Better than Magic.

>no land screw
>card draw is universal, tied to quests

The quest system was extremely nice, and so was the hero system.

They kinda messed up with monster and traitor heroes, and with allies power creep

I liked it. I think my favorite was the raid decks.

>Starting a threat with "Now that the dust has settled"
>Dust has actually metaphorically settled

I didn't think I'd honestly ever see this phrase posted in a thread that wasn't a thinly-veiled bait thread.

It was a really good blend of mechanics from a bunch of other TCGS (specifically Magic and Warlord).

Anybody have a good source of scans for printing proxies of the dead game?

land screw is not a bug, it's a feature

why not just the gf game? it's still kinda cheap mate

Is it? I didn't even look. I just assumed discontinued meant crazy expensive

I've got fond memories of it and the raid decks were really cool! Hearthstone just doesn't rub the itch of equipping your hero to do personal ass kicking. Still got some decks in storage.

Were traitor a bad thing? I thought they were a cool concept but I never used them in practice.

Also:
15 -> Remove all of your cards in all zones from the game and start an Onyxia Raid.

ABSOLUTE MADMEN

I once managed to do it.

Sure, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

A stupid one. At my casual table we allow people to insert lands every 2 or 3 cards before lightly shuffling and cutting again to prevent that sort of scenario. You can still get lightly screwed but nothing overly ridiculous.

Is this like Shahrazad of M:tG running you into a sub-game ?

More like you switch to a new format for the rest of the game

Same here. Wizards needs to hire whoever designed these. Planechase and Archenemy are good, but nothing compares to raids.

Raids were pretty fuckin cool. They were designed so a bunch of decks would play against it as a team, so they were super powerful. I picked up Black Temple because that was my jam back in the day. You'd fight each boss before going onto Illidan.
Plus, they came with several cards you could use in regular decks! I never did get my hands on a Traitor Hero, but I always wanted to make a traitor deck!

Honestly once you realize the right baseline number (usually 20) you are fine.

The land system adds variance (which doesn't have to be a bad thing), but it also punishes decks from playing too much colors (yeah there's fetches, but many people think that they're the mistake).

Those people are retarded.