Stop using great helmets with 15th century plate armour

Stop using great helmets with 15th century plate armour

Stop using Kristian pics with Veeky Forums

It's fantasy, nigger, the technological and social progression is different.

Make me.

are you a butthurt christian who gets upset over varg's antics

No.

Stop bringing realism into fantasy.

It isn't necessarily 'realism', more like taste. You are a plebeian if you like mixing armour like greathelms into later developments of medieval armour. Like the people who use the winged great helm in M&B with plate, it's just repugnant. Get a better appreciation for armour, fampire.

Let me guess, combination of fullplate, a shield and a sword also triggers you?

>using an unwieldy shield to protect your already fully protected plate-armoured body (unless like in the picture previously it is a shield of its time used for cavalry impacts or to deflect a wall of pikes)

lol

I wouldn't say that is as egregious as a greathelm and plate though.

Stop using XV century anything altogether I'd say

Fantasy was meant to be ancient world or dark ages either way.

Anywhere past the 1200 AD the world is just too explored and developed for fantastical elements to feel in place and not just a cheap decor.

I'm exageratting of course, but I really feel that "darker" and less developed periods leave more place for mythological stuff. Full/Late medieval in full/late medieval there is simply too little mystery in the world left and it feels too prosaic to fit the mythological elements well

>impliying that iberian explirations and conquests in America, Africa and Asia aren't the best source of inspiration for fantasy and adventure

>being this wrong
I congratulate you, that must have taken many years of hard work. Few men reach such pinnacles.

Of course the Hundred Years' War, especially the first half, is the natural dwelling place for fantasy. The castles, sieges, escalades, battlefield heroics, all of it are the kind of shit the consumer intuitively expects to see. Fantasy castles are not an early Norman palissade fort, and PCs are rarely anything other than fantasy versions of Olim Barbe or (at best) Le Captal.

Those don't need magic and fantasy races to be cool. At least not in such way fantasy usually does. Adding it makes it shittier, not better. So historical low-fantasy, yes, your "standard" fantasy, not really.
I'm not denying it wouldn't be an interesting setting, but making it too "fantasy" would destroy it instead of helping.

>Of course the Hundred Years' War, especially the first half, is the natural dwelling place for fantasy. The castles, sieges, escalades, battlefield heroics, all of it are the kind of shit the consumer intuitively expects to see.
Same as above applies

>Fantasy castles are not an early Norman palissade fort, and PCs are rarely anything other than fantasy versions of Olim Barbe or (at best) Le Captal.
Ypou know, fantasy doesn't end at D&D. Have you tried to actually read some fantasy literature, like uhm, Tolkien, or Howard, or anything? Few authors use "developed" medieval setting for their fantasy books unless it's relatively low fantasy with little magic and stuff, usually humans-only or heavily downplaying other races (like gurm's shit).

No.

My game doesn't take place on Earth and it's not historical.

Furthermore, your game is trash.

>Of course the Hundred Years' War, especially the first half, is the natural dwelling place for fantasy.
This is objectively wrong. More importantly, it's skewed by a bullshit anglo-saxon point-of-view. In fact, fantasy is at its core an inseparable mix of english (arthur, robin hood), german (siegfried, dietrich) and skandinavian (beowulf) elements.

>The castles, sieges, escalades, battlefield heroics, all of it are the kind of shit the consumer intuitively expects to see. Fantasy castles are not an early Norman palissade fort, and PCs are rarely anything other than fantasy versions of Olim Barbe or (at best) Le Captal.
>being this wrong
fantasy is a mix of various eras, faggot. and if you take american high fantasy, it particularly draws on cultural influences beyond the above listed, making it an ugly hodgepodge carnival of anything that can be tacked on. yes, I mean D&D by that.

absolutely disgusting

This.

Force your memes on /pol/.

hey reddit

Gee you sure showed him user, any other buzzwords you wanna whip out while we're here?

not him, but i am, he is a fucking lunatic.

>Fantasy was meant to be ancient world or dark ages either way.
I sincerely hope you mean "when playing a pre-set DnD setting like I assume Veeky Forumsers are doing when talking about worldbuilding."
Because it's not like Veeky Forums doesn't have a ridicilously narrow definition of fantasy enough as it is.

If I'm not mistaken technically plate armor coexisted with great helmets, but at the time was so incredibly rare that only the richest of the rich could afford even the experimental models. Kind of like how the internet was already kind of around just after WW2 but almost exclusively for military purposes.

Sorry, friend, but you're posting in a forced meme thread. I recommend you hold onto your comments.

Make me.

I prefer great helms over bascinet so shut your whore mouth

"Standard" fantasy ruined fantasy and should be erased from history. It's product of americans, who ruin everything they touch.

Is this semen demon worth knowing or is she just some hentai whore?

>implying there is a difference between Reddit, /pol/ and 9gag at this point

t. reddit

Re-read: 15th century

The early 1300s were the transitional stage between earlier mail and newly emerging plate armour. You had Bretonnian-tier knights who used 14th century with the transitional models of early medieval plate with a developed end-of-the-line greathelm . Usually only in tournies.

Look m8, I understand your wish to add a little realism to your fantasy, but where's the fun in keeping everything "Osprey compliant"?

So instead lets come up with some fun reasons why someone would wear a greathelm with a suit of 15th century plate.
I'm sure there are plenty of things we can think of in the context of a fantasy setting.

I'll start: the helm is a treasured family heirloom supposed to bring good luck in combat. It saved the life of your great-great granddad in a famous battle and has been handed down father to son ever since.

Now you try

stop worshiping a jew and his foreskin

>this dirt tier taste

>people actually pretending to be genuinely replying or acting like OP genuinely cares

It's old bait with some fag from /pol/ trying to force a meme. Veeky Forums is better than this, which is why I can only assume it is /pol/tards pretending to be from here just to bump this thread.

Historical accuracy doesn't fucking matter when you aren't playing in a historical setting.

If your fantasy setting is literally just medieval Europe but with elves and the names changed, you aren't trying hard enough.

>no ass
2/10

Varg makes sense on /pol/ and /mu/, I'll conceede, but not here

hola reddito

Varg made his own tabletop RPG and his whole life post-prison is basically high-level LARPing so I'd say Louis Cachet is definitely Veeky Forums material.

>If your fantasy setting is literally just medieval Europe but with elves and the names changed, you aren't trying hard enough.
This.

STOP USING POTATOES IN MEDIEVAL TIME PERIODS

The potato is a legendary ultra-crop that revolutionized human development in europe in the late 1500s leading directly to the population explosion that lead to the Enlightenment as less farmers were needed to support a population of thinkers. Any setting where potatoes are commonplace, humans are capable of incredible population density thanks to the compact, filling, and mass-producible potato. This population density leads to an excess surplus of unskilled laborers, who will almost certainly get put to use doing something (in the case of history, the invention of the production line). The potato changed the course of human history. Potatoes are not medieval.

Houndskull bascinet a shit. Frogmouth bascinet a best.

>Veeky Forums is better than this
No it isn't.
Veeky Forums is practically "guaranteed replies: the board".
Sometimes this causes neat things to come out of bait threads, which are the ones that get remembered and saved, but more often than not it is just anons taking the bait.

Great helms are teir 1 aesthetic though, up there with sallet + bevor and armets
Varg wrote a traditional game

Attention whores don't belong on any board.

My favorite helmet is the classic-to-the-point-of-cartoonishness armet.
I can't help but love the image of a knightly knight.

No, he didn't. He certainly tried, but it's so fucking terrible calling it a game is like calling Dobson an artist.

So, no, go take your cock sucking back to /pol/, you faggot.

>spider helm made from sword spider legs
I want this

Now that is a good looking helm.
Now think visor-less one with a pimpin' landkneckt hat

Stop being a nerd.

Why does Varg trigger reddit colonists on Veeky Forums so hard? Is it just because he's a white person who is a nationalist?

I didn't even know who he is, I just see faggot use him to whine about people doing things the poster dislikes, so I then associate his face with those whinny babies.

Sorry, your bait is weak.
No one wants to talk about your favorite attention whore. So, fuck off.

The limit of my autism is just making sure armor is generally protective looking, limiting the aesthetic options available to distinguish individuals and cultures for the sake of technology level accuracy isn't worth it
>autistic screeching about someone posting a meme

>forcing shit discussion just to force your gay face

You're not fooling anyone, Kristian.

>No one wants to talk about thing
>thing was not focus of thread
>people who don't like thing made thing focus of thread
:thinking:

Look reddit, you've got to seek help for your impotent rage.

Sure. Come on over and pull it right off my rock hard, 8 INT head.

At this point I don't know who is more auitistic, vargposters or autismals who take the bait while screaming they aren't taking the bait

Stop acting like OP didn't have an infinite number of options, and decided to get banned for posting the OP he chose.

We're basically just waiting for the mods to wake up at this point, because this kind of spam is even deleted on /pol/.

You are visibly upset about a picture on the internet.

Can't tell if innuendo or not...

Best part about them is that they trigger people who know the meme of the visored barbuta, but don't realize the visors were pried off of actual helmets to begin with.

Ok, I like the phrygian helmet with bearded cheekpieces anyway.

Of course, because narrowing it did a lot fat of good for zombies.

Salet best helmet.

Contrasting the known with the unknown makes the unknown less known

Ask who is making the threads.
Christian and his few goons are some genuinely sad fucks, and seems to really, really want to achieve some sort of lasting fame in the most pathetic way possible.

So, sage, report, and stop bumping up an old troll thread with a forced meme stapled to it. Be better than what Christian hopes you are.

take your meds schizy

We post Varg because he makes funny faces and has a silly beard. That's it, you delusional fuck.

Nice try, Christian. You are an attention whore. Enjoy having to refresh your router, you ban-dodging sad fuck.

Are you telling me you aren't part of the Varg mailing list? You post memes because they're mildly entertaining and not for ideological reasons?

Holy shit, you are more retarded than /pol/ with it's "CTR THREAD, CTR THREAD" every time someone posts a stale copypasta.

What is it about insufferable faggots like Varg or Molyneux that makes teenagers want to spam their mugs everywhere?

>We

Don't act like it's a big group, or that anyone does it because of a special reason. Christian is an attention whore who does most of the spamming himself, with a few sad trolls joining in because they know Christain won't stop until the mods stop individually banning him and instead do a blanket ban.

>he still didn't get the memo that /pol/, reddit, 9gag and facebook are all the same shite

Oh my God, you're right arson and murder are the best!

no

Fine taste.

But dat Salet. Mmmmmmm.

Greentexting it doesn't make it true, reddit.

How does it feel to be this wrong about everything?

reddit it is over, we have the high ground, return

>Thinking that 1400's isn't the best period for RPG's.

It's hilarious that this text isn't even shopped, that was the manga translation.

>Stop using great helmets with 15th century plate armour

I don't really understand how you think you have a leg to stand on trying to make that sound like something only anal retards do.

If you have no idea about armour development or historical material culture, then sure, everything sounds like nitpicking, but do you really want "clueless" to be the yardstick you use when deciding how much effort to put into making a setting feel believable?

Nothing is more painful than playing in a campaign, and then all of a sudden your DM accidentally reveals that he has no fucking idea how something that's common to the setting or central to the plot actually works. Doesn't matter if it's confronting you with a trap that wouldn't actually work the way he thinks, or if you visit a city with a population of a million that has no sanitation or water supply.

It makes no fucking sense, and it's ruining the immersion for anyone that's not an idiot.

So, kindly stop using great helmets with 15th century plate armour. It's only marginally less of an eye-sore than fully armoured knights using rocks as their main weapon would be.

>So, kindly stop using great helmets with 15th century plate armour.

I'm going to keep doing it just to annoy you.

If you're gonna be a pleb just to spite people you're not exactly getting the better side of that exchange.

>Muh realism purity

Quit bumping this thread already.

This guy, this guy gets it

Was there some "in case the circlejerk gets broken, accuse people of coming from reddit"-course I missed while I was asleep?

Regular bascinet is the most anti-A E S T H E T I C helmet ever made. It's a fucking parody. A joke. A /pol/ post about hebrews rubbing hands made metal. A matter of laugh. Maybe it's designed to make the enemy laugh so you can hack him. But he still laughed at your stupid helmet, good luck saving your honor.

Not that guy, but it does kinda trigger me

Im also an actual autist though, soooooo

I don't think it's such a weird thing to be "triggered" about. I also value realism, or rather authenticity. I'm not obsessed with it, but the hardon I get when creators know about these things and include them in their work cannot be understated. The fact that people seem to feel resentment for those who desire authenticity in historical or pseudo-historical settings baffles me.

t. non-autist

t. saracen

I'm so sorry to hear about your crippling autism, especially when it comes to games involving flying, firebreathing dragons and literal wizards.

Stop bumping this thread by pretending to fall for the bait.

This is such a common argument. Good fiction relies on creating a sense of realism based on its own internal rules; okay, dragons exist, that's one rule - why does that rule mean anything goes? Does "anything go" automatically unless the opposite is stated? Fantasy builds off our reality and modifies it to ts own needs, there's no such thing as a blank slate. If we already have swords, lances, horses, humans, lords, kings, peasants, religion, and dragons (which are very much based on real-life beliefs about them) then why is being consistent with which technological period you set your fantasy setting in such a major crime?

Because Kristian is a greenpilled murderer.

>throws an autistic shit-fit over potatoes being historically inaccurate
>would most likely try to throw an equally autistic shit-fit over non-whites being in a fantasy European setting when they ARE historically accurate.

It'd be autistic if it was extremely petty. The potato is no petty matter.