Cool how the planet is going to be destroyed to fuel a bunch of nerds...

Cool how the planet is going to be destroyed to fuel a bunch of nerds, sex traffickers and libertarians farming digibulbs
money.cnn.com/2017/12/07/technology/bitcoin-energy-environment/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JLkcLCgfgi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when bitcoin mining will be outlawed it will do another x100

shhhhhh

You'll kill our gains

>not using XRP instead

Is the lightning network supposed to stop this?

youtube.com/watch?v=JLkcLCgfgi4

>banking and all traditional finance is cheaper than crypto

Considering the amount of salt this is generating, I'd say yeah, it's pretty cool. And you can do nothing to stop it.

Go ahead and try. Call the CEO of bitcoin and ask him to stop :^)

Normie: But the banks provide other services too like loans, mortgages and face to face interaction with your bank!

1 years btc mining could sustain the US for about 18 hr's
show me what google consumes

nocoiner manlet gonna cry?

>not knowing there is infinite energy

>hurrr bitcoin mining is gonna heat the planet up by one gorrillion degrees hurrr
You fucking mong, so do you think bitcoin mining magically makes your computer bellow black smoke? News flash moron, that power comes from a power plant, so if you switch the power plant to something that doesn't use fossil fuels, surprise that problem goes away. Or are you saying that your magical solar wind plants aren't as sustainable as demosharts say they are?
Then again this is probobly just another "OY VEY SHUT IT DOWN" trick by the government to get them to ban bitcoin

>a bunch of nerds, sex traffickers
tell me how much power do NSA data centers use?

This. (((big investors))) can't make any money from it so now they make up shit like this to get it banned

you know absolutely nothing about the possibilities, filthy nocoiner.
Btc consumes a lot of power because it wasn't designed to get so big, it's outdated in that sense. It's very possible to switch to a more environment-friendly algorithm. And crypto will replace banks because computers are not greedy fucks who screw people over for money, they just do what they're told. banking has just been completely automated, would you look at that.

blockchain weather data ai will know of hurricanes ahead of time. but can it be programmed to ignore geoengineering? perrhaps not if the weather sensornet data is fully blockchained. but we'll probably have more partial disclosure by then about the geoengineering, we'll be told it's for the environment, but that's bullshit. they want a planet where only monsanto crops can grow, then they have us all by the balls even harder

There is an entire continent we could remove people from and it would help the planet. I'm going to keep mining my shekels.

Bitcoin decentralized world wide electricity production.

Bitcoin is a green coin

>And crypto will replace banks because computers are not greedy fucks who screw people over for money
This is exactly why (((they))) want it banned. Bankers can't steal it from you so now they want to shut it down.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST THE MINDSET OF THESE IDIOT BABIES, THIS IS BOTH BULLSHIT AND—EVEN IF IT WERE CORRECT—RETARDED
THE HIGH ENERGY CONSUMPTION—WHICH ISN'T EVEN REALLY /THAT HIGH/—IS GOOD FOR BITCOIN
BECAUSE—Y'KNOW—MONEY ACTUALLY HAS TO BE SPENT IN ORDER TO MINE IT
IF BITCOIN REMAINS POPULAR, IT'S GONNA DRIVE PEOPLE TO FIND MORE EFFICIENT MEANS OF DOING SO
YOU KNOW—LIKE, DESIGNING MORE EFFICIENT COMPUTER CHIPS?!?!?!?!?! ENCOURAGING PROGRAMMERS TO MAKE MORE EFFICIENT MINING ALGORITHMS?!?!?!?!?!? FUELLING THE FUCKING ECONOMY FOR ONCE?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! FUCKING BRAINLESS BONGLETS A MASS-ADOPTED CRYPTOCURRENCY THAT CAN BE EARNED WITHOUT SERIOUS COMPUTING POWER OR INFRASTRUCTURE COSTS IS LIKE HAVING A CURRENCY RUN ON OPINION SURVEYS
GO JOIN A COMMUNE AND PLAY TIC-TAC-TOE IN A LOCAL PLAYGROUND'S SANDBOX/ISLAMIC "REFUGEE" LITTERBOX, YOU BRAINLESS NEO-LIBERALS

oy vey shut it down

when's that gonna be paid out?