Fixing 'nids in 8th edition thought box

I know it, you know it, we all know it, the 'nids need fixing on so many levels for them to be balanced with the other factions. How do we do this? Share ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ukYBuSEkOIMymf16sjNYogvsMPunjgiQdVSRpuIEFHQ/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nid players deserve to suffer.

*tau

Them too

Nids have suffered enough nerfs, they need a bone, or several, thrown to them.

I propose reducing the cost of bio-plasma and an overhaul of the warlord perks and psychic abilities. Not to mention the artifacts.

>Nids have suffered enough nerfs, they need a bone, or several, thrown to them.

No.

Nids should suck and Nid players should suffer. Nids don't belong in 40k and the sooner they're gone the better.

Show the Inquisitor on the doll where the biovore touched you.

Gib EW back please and thank you

Make gaunts 2pts/model with no cap to unit size #Fuckit

make them be able to ignore all rules about friendly fire.

Honestly? Aside from maybe a few points cost fixes, the only things Nids really NEED are better Psychic and Warlord tables.

As for what they could USE? Maleceptors and Pyrovores need a rework to be worth a damn, SOMETHING could stand to move out of Elites, not sure what. Some form of Instant Death mitigation would be nice to make Warriors and Raveners more viable again- I'd like to see maybe ID converted to double wounds on multiwound models while in Synapse- I'm pretty sure this was how it was in 4th/5th. A choice between a 2+ or 5++ or Wings would make Walkrants more common (and really they should be, I almost feel like Flyrants should be kicked out of HQ... No one else I can think of has non-transport HQ Fliers, and unless you're using an army of Formations you should have to take one footslogging HQ)

Changes I'd like to see, but don't think really would happen or matter that much... Well, if I was going to hardcore wishlist... A few callbacks to 4th/5th would be my priority. Hormagaunts being Beasts again would be nice. VC and HVC having a number of shots rather than a Blast would be excellent, you'd see them again instead of Stranglers/Brainleech Devs all the time. If they took a cue from the Miasma Cannon and gave it a split profile, even if it was only Assault 2 / Assault 1 Blast, that would be incentive to use it again, because Blast only makes it pants against anything you need the high S shots for.

Stuff people would want changed that I don't want to see changed/think needs to be fixed... The IB tables are not terrible. If Warriors were more viable, you'd also see more midsized Synapse keeping them from being problematic. In addition, moving some of the Ld 6 units to Ld 8, past the midpoint for a 2d6 roll, and some to 5, could add interest to some units as being more independant and others as being more in need of Synapse. Personal opinion, but the only Ld values the Tyranid list should have are 5, 8, and 10.

I don't know if I want EW back, but I would like to see warriors go S5/T5 and 2 wounds not 3 with a 5-10 ppm decrease. I would like to see some more uogrades come back, mainly the option to increase armor save since we do have some offensive upgrades, don't want to see a complete return to 3rd/4th but they definately need more. Pyrovores to get torrent. Return of living ammo but on less guns then before, bs 4 or 36" range on hive gaurd. Maaaybe a biomorph that allows for +1 ws or bs for the battle

Imperial* tbqhwyfamalam

I've been playing around with the ideas of having multiple types of hive fleets that gain benefits and rules based on their amount, so we could accommodate old type synapse for massive invasion forces, current rules (with fixes) to a more of a occupation style fleet, etc.
And from that I've come up with some sort of frame work for a infestation type of Nids that builds up its strength.

This force would be giving Nids rules for mutating, working like a cross over between blood tithe and orders, something in lines of "Biomass rules"

>Units and models are given a specific point amount that they can start using on second turn, and gain one each turn regardless

>Units gain extra biomass points for killing units, or scoring an objective.

>At the beginning of each turn after the first Biomass can be used to mutate the unit. Either giving them upgrades, permanent and temporary stat increases, additional models as reinforcement or even allow units to mutate to another unit type (original points cost taken in consideration)

I have no idea how to balance it though, desu.

Warriors need to be made worthwhile, and they nids need overall better ways of getting into melee, where they excel.

They need to be fixed even on fluff-level. I want Nids to be a threat and danger for galaxy again. Right now the Nid's role in setting looks like this
>oh noez, Nids are coming! Let them eat a random planet or two and then kill them so we can fight with real enemies like - you know - Eldars or chaos shit

They should be able to assault from deepstrike somehow desu.

>Warriors get T5
>Remove feed from IB
>All MC get a 30-40 points drop
>Carnifex and haruspex get WS4
>Carnifex gets extra attack
>Hive Tyrant gets slight point drop, wings become more expensive
>Tyrant and fex get upgrades to 2+ save for points
>Lictors can only be snapshotted at on turn they arrive
>Pyrovore has torrent
>Gaunts may purchase Without Number
>Gaunts are beasts
>Hive Guard have symbiotic targeting so become BS4 when stationary
>Living ammo allows wound rerolls of 1 on fleshborer and devourer
.> Scything Talons allow rerolls of 1 in CC
>Genestealers get shrouded
>Psychic table gets a rework, maybe duel system like eldar get
>Many MC needs to be redone as they serve no purpose currently
>Warrior squads produce 1 warp charge but have no powers
>Rework Strangler and Cannon to make it competitive with Brainleech

I really love the range of models that the nids have been getting over the few years, but the current rules don't want me to run them on the field, unless it's against a friend.

>being this mad about fiction

>Either remove swarmlord or drop him by 100 points
>Give Old One eye a 40 points drop and give him FNP and upon death can roll a 4+ to revive with 1 wound
>Make warlord traits useful
>Tyrannofex cannon is ap2
>bring back lots of fun biomorphs
>Synapse creatures gain a 6+ fnp
>Exocrine is range 36

Sure theres more I missed, I have mentioned these in multiple threads

oh jayzus the cancer in those models :3

Thanks for the reminding me that both GW games and the the GW player base are shit.

>People should only enjoy things I enjoy

about biomorphs, all the assaulty nids should have the option to have assault grenade equivalent, like flesh-hooks and frag-spines

(checked)

>Have death-leaper become a synapse creature or get rid of its dependency of synapse all together. That's what it's like fluff wise anyways.
>add more offensive warp powers
>maliceptor needs some re-working in general
>pyrovore needs to be removed or have its CQC buffed up big time
>bio-plasma needs to be less expensive

My ideas anyways.

>everyone still bitching about nids being underpowered
>tfw have never beaten nids with my orks
What the fuck do you use to kill monstrous creatures with orks Veeky Forums? I can't bring two warbosses and a squad of boys for every carnifex he brings. I2 is killing me here.

Split Psychic Powers into 2 trees: Adaption (buffs/summons) and consumption (witchfires/debuffs)
Decurion that gives WoN to all of the shitty bits and allows return via Outflank
Shadow is linked to Synapse range and incurs a Ld penalty along with -1 to harness WC
'Nid melee weapons are dual function; provide a static buff to the model, and another when primaried
> Rending Claws are Rending buff, AP3 when wielded, AP2 when dual
> ScyTals are +1WS buff, Reroll 1's when wielded, PE when dual

Best MCs in the game on a value-for-pts perspective
More focus on intra-unit synergy, combining debuffs and generally feeling alien
ObSec comes from Synapse rather than Troops
Synapse has flavours and units can choose different types (FC, Crusader, MtC etc.)
Army theme should be overwhelming attack from every angle. Should feel alien to wield and a sense of ruthlessness/attrition

Basically make the army feel like Tyranids before you get into the nitty-gritty of points, because it's a fucking trainwreck from top to bottom

Give every model this special rule:
>Adaptive Behaviors
>At deployment, the Tyranid player may improve a single stat on each of their models by one. They can, alternative, add 12" to the range of one gun, add +1 S to one weapon, or improve the AP of one weapon by 1

>You can't enjoy bugs in this game about intergalactic war with elves and demons

Make Bio Plasma a tad cheaper, make gaunts a bit cheaper and remove the limit on their numbers and come up with a way for either gaunts, or even rippers to be more easily deployed to tarpit.
And make Old One Eye cheaper.

Between these, 'nids can now better occupy the shootiest squad or two the other guy has, can better deathball occupied squads, and gets at least one carnifex that won't just melt and thus actually works as a distraction.

It's hard to complain about a shitty dex when you have a shittier dex

But the answer is to shoot them. Mob them with boys to distract parts of the field you need to hold, as there's no carnifex that can go throu 30 boys in 5 turns if they try, and then use your lootaz to obliterate other ones. Carnifex have no invulnerable saves and bare access to cover saves, so anything that goes through 3+ armor and has a decent strength can take them down pretty easily.

And this is why I don't play anymore.

That's dumb. You're dumb.

nurf nids, buff guard

If I recall, though I could be mistaken, pyrovores have the same melee stats as guardsmen.

I think I posted this last time, but here we go:

When the time comes for the next Gathering Storm book the story should go as follows:

After a major psychic/warp related effect in the 40k universe, ala Slaanesh's death, Emperor's Death, the Eye of Terror expanding, etc, the shock waves of the event travel through the warp, horrifically hurting and killing psykers across the galaxy. However, in the wake of the psychic blast, the Hive Mind of the Tyranids is affected the worst, as the overwhelming power courses crashes through the amalgamation of creatures. In the outcome, the Hive Mind survives, but splintered, as the turbulent state of the galaxy forces the separated Hive Mind from coalescing into one mind, leaving the individual Hive Fleets to form their own Fleet Minds. Although the general pattern of the Tyranids remain the same, the Extra-galactic Tyranids are caught in a Tyranid-Civil war, as the Fleets wage war against one another to become the Alpha-Hive mind

The Inter-galactic Tyranids must survive in the 40k Universe against all odds, even as the galaxy implodes all around them. The Triumvirate is a Revamped release of the Swarmlord, who is the only true Sentient Tyranid made by the prior hive mind, and thus,the only free agent among the Hive Minds. IT's goal is reunite the Hive Mind in its prior state, so as to regain its immortality. The Next agent is Old One Eye, whose rapid growth and mutation has lead to him developing a higher intelligence. It's goal is to now reach a evolutionary peak, and become utterly immortal. The final member is a female Genestealer Magus, who was born a Alpha level psyker. Utilizing the Genestealer cults natural hivemind, she has used their overall psyker power to create a ever expanding Genestealer hive mind across hundreds of planets.

Their goal is to capture a primarch, and than use their soul as the basis of a brand New Tyranid Hive mind, as a way to forcefully merge Tyranids and Mankind into one vile fusion.

cont.

Each of the Triumvirate would give them a major bonus, and the book overall would allow Tyranids to have a plethora of new rules. New rules would include a revamp of the Synapse system and removal of the Behavior system, as the Mini-Hive minds would allow better control over the Species as a whole. Thus, they only get bonuses when in Synapse, and does not suffer any penalties outside of the Synapse.

All Tyranids within Synapse range gain a base +2ld, a extra attack, and FNP. There would also be rules to represent each of the major hive fleets.

Each of the Triumvirate would add special rules to the over all force, and give special rules to units within Synapse.

The Swarmlord would gain a 2+ save, a 4++ Invulnerable out of combat, and a 2++ In combat. He would gain 2 WS, 4 Wounds and fleet, along with being ML5. All units within Synapse gain 1 WS, Hatred(Everything), and a additional Attack.

Ol' One Eye gives everything in Synapse IWND, and Regeneration, and may use Ol' One Eye's LD for any test. All Synapse creatures have EW as well.

The Genestealer Magus would give all creatures in her detachment the Genestealer Ambush rule, along with allowing Genestealer Cults to be used as Battle Brothers.

>Fix leaping to act like it used to.
>Have synapse grant EW like it used to OR give easier access to invulnerable saves.
>More useful psychic powers.
>Better warlord traits.
>Points reduction on bio-plasma and some units like fexes.
>Free up some things from the elite slot.
>If the AP rules for vehicle damage remain make AV weapons like Venom cannons ap2.

I think that would be a start to a more competitive and balanced bug army.

Why do you hate my friendly space-ticks user? all they want is hugs...

>Synapse becomes a leader-focused buff bubble on any unit that has the Synapse special rule. For example, Warriors give +1 S, Zoanthropes give 4+/5++ invul saves, Hive Tyrants give Eternal Warrior, etc. This encourages the horde to cluster together and give each other their buffs, the same way the currently everyone hides in the Venomthrope bubble

>This gives customization and necessary boons, at the cost of needing to take more of the expensive units. Taking apart the Tyranid leadership makes the entire army weaker, but at the same time trying to take the entire horde at once results in massively powerful swarms of beasts.

>Instead of just making half of the units useless and making a random chance of being retarded

He's right you know. Tyranids are a totally pointless and functionally useless faction in 40k. All they serve is to present a enemy and alternate "Dooms day" to chaos, and have little to no reason to exist, aside to be either a Kill everything button or pointless bullet fodder. Anybody who thinks Tyranids will ever amount to anything 40k is kidding themselves.

>Their goal is to capture a primarch, and than use their soul as the basis of a brand New Tyranid Hive mind, as a way to forcefully merge Tyranids and Mankind into one vile fusion.

man, we really don't need fucking retarded starcraft shit in 40k, especially since the Zerg aren't just Tyranids, but also use a lot of Chaos inspiration (Infested Marines are styled after a Chaos Spawn art and the Zerg were attracted to psionic types specifically)

>same could be said about the orks
>and the eldar
>dark eldar
>necrons
>tau
A lot of the factions are pointless and are inconsequential to the fluff you moron

>grouping everyone together for buffs

Shit that's neat. Faggots can't complain because grouping up can be exploited with artillery pie plates

Nah. The Tyranids, unlike all of the factions you just mention, have no history or past in the 40k setting. The only one of those that MIGHT be disposable is the Dark Eldar and Tau, but even than, they play a role in many parts of the fluff.

>The Orks not only almost killed the Emperor on Ullanor, and help Horus become Warmaster, but also led to the War of The Beast, which officially set the Imperium on its downwards spiral. They also help keep the setting in its state of Eternal war.

>The Eldar and the Necrons helped contribute to the War in Heaven, which officially set the entire setting into its down spiral. Without each other, there would be no 40k.

>Dark Eldar help represent how far the Eldar have fallen, and give us a taste of the Pre-Fall eldar's horrifying excess. But other than that, there's no reason for them, aside from giving characters like Vulcan, friend of all, a fault, or helping remove Jaghati.

>Tau help give a parallel to the existence of the Imperium, as a vibrant and living civilization, compared to the crushing brutality and stagnating Empire. Without them, the Imperium would have no counter point, nor would they have a actual rival Empire.

To put it simply, most Factions in 40k have SOME reason to be in 40k, and add to the narrative. But Tyranids are simply add-ons to the setting, They have no history, no character or personality, and add nothing to the Narrative aside from another OVER-WHELMING DOOM THAT WILL EAT EVERYTHING A BLOOG-A-BLOOG, NUTHIN PERSONAL BIOMASS-SAN.

the represent an end game that would require the forces of the 40k universe to not be dickbags to each other in order to conquer.

I mean it's not going to happen, because grimdark and 40k's plot never moving forward. But that's pretty much what nids are from a narrative standpoint.

No.

Stop trying to break up the fucking Hive Mind. What makes the Tyranids unique in 40k is that they are the only 100% unified faction. They don't have infighting, they don't have disagreements, just one unified vision. Take that away and they're just smarter Orks.

The rules are fine though. I would give the Swarmlord back the ability to make opponents re-roll successful invul saves.

wern't they retconed as the origin of the genestealers?

Havn't they fucked the history of the 40k universe over and over?

They have infighting, it's just for different reasons. A hive fleet can and will devour another hive-fleet for it's enhancements. At least thats what i get from the lore.

As a Nid player, i support having the fleets have different effects, it's be nice to see what they evolved and learned as a fleet. Especially with isolated ones cutoff from the warp, that'd be neat.

But they're not. Tyranid Hive Fleets are pretty much already divided, with each other fleet looking out for themselves, with little to no actual co-operation. This would give them a reason for them to actually fight, and have different bio-adaptions, as although each Fleet is basically the same Nids that eat everything, each fleet is now OFFICIALLY out for themselves.

Plus, it adds a bit of a actual threat to the Nids, while also extending the clock to midnight by a bit, as the Nids now have to wait until one Hive Fleet emerges victorious to consume the Galaxy, and that could either take forever, or very quickly.

Splintering the Hive Mind into a bunch of Tendrils doesn't really stop the idea of a bunch of invading bugs hell-bent on eating everything, and even then, their main purpose in my idea is to basically re-create the Hive Mind, unifying the Hive Fleets once more, with the added bonus of single handedly taking over all of humanity, making them either a valuable new Slave Race, or free food.

That is true, but at this point, Genestealers are practically a better overall faction than the Tyranids themselves. But notice how they had to actually retcon a pre-existing faction into being the vassals of the Tyranids, simply for them to exist. And the Genestealers could easily function as independent faction without the Tyranids.

Perhaps their goal isn't to fuse Mankind into the Tyranids, but it is beneficial in the short term, and long term, to have all of Mankind under the control of the Tyranids. It would allow the Hive Fleets in the galaxy to have access to entire planets worth of Armies, or Biomass, and would be a great boon in the reconquering of the Extra-Galactic fleets.

Hive Fleets only fight each other if there are no other threats around, and that is more like a wargame. The Hive Mind is just testing which biomorphs are superior.

But when there are other threats? They work together. Kraken and Leviathan worked together at Valedor because they had Eldar to fight.

Thanks OP, I was missing this one.

My dudes' planet got blown up.

>in fighting for different reasons you say? I best state that those reasons exist and what they are.

Just because they cooperate when something angry wants to ruin their day doesn't mean that they don't have in fighting. In fact i'm pretty sure nids represent what happens when you take your head out of your ass and work together with something you'd rather kill. They just have a different way of viewing 'something i want to kill' have their own, unique, reasons for killing each other. It's no better than orc warband fighting each other. They just do it for giggles, nids do it for SCIENCE!

Just like IG are separate from marines. And yep, that they did, that's how retconing works. But that's the lore now, complaining about what once was is counter productive to narrative development and probably why 40k writers want to make it go nowhere.

>make the Nids like muh Zerg.
Fuck no.

>get invaded
>ask my scouts who is attacking us
>Tyranids

>laugh my fucking ass off

You don't need to kill them always, a power klaw will almost always ripa wound off any MC. On top of that ork boyz have higher WS than almost all the MC, charge a carnifex with like 20 boyz and they'll tarpit him most of the game and probably kill him

>DISTRACTION CARNIFEX WORKING AT FULL CAPACITY

Rending claws being AP3 and Talons being +1 WS feels a bit OP

Claws are kinda ok as they are although with stuff like warriors they should really be a free upgrade if you are dropping devourer for them. Scything talons needs the +1 re rolls back because that was fun

Ok first off the swarmlord has WS9 so how would he gain 2 WS. Also 2++ cc save? ML5? NO... Maybe ML4 but no.

ALL nids in synapse get FNP and Fearless and an extra attack? I play nids but fuck off that's ridiculous, gives the synapse creatures a 6+ fnp, its not major but its a little bit to help out

NOW as far as the story goes, you don't understand nids do you? They aren't meant to be some superhero aliens. I don't want different hive fleets with different leaders, this sounds utterly disgusting and shit. There is no individuals in the fleet, they are all part of the same mind. You disgust me

This dudeIs right, Tyranids are a unified force, each hive fleet is fighting its own war and evolving its own biomorphs, But upon meeting they do intermingle because theyre the same mind. The whole point of one of the campaigns was the Eldar stopping Kraken and Levivathan meeting because they would mix and grow even stronger. They only ever fight when there is no prey around to test their biomorphs and see who the superior fleet is, the weaker one gets absorbed, and apparently NO biomass is lost in the process... somehow (this was just done to give nid players a fluffly reason to fight eachother)

As a nid player myself, i'd have to disagree.

Mostly because minds like the Old One Eye are floating through the hivemind.

The making each fleet unique, or at least slightly different, makes sense lore wise too. each fleet is going to have different experiences and they don't always sync up with the hivemind right away (this again, is stated in the lore) so it would make sense that the nids that had to fight giant ass shit would be better at it, and probably have an easier time using giant ass shit.

This doesn't make them super hero aliens, it expresses what they happen to be to a T. Though there is no indivualism, each member is crafted for a purpose, and often is specialized to that purpose.

So really, story wise, you havn't grasped that though it's a hive-mind, it has different wheels and gears for different situations, like old one eye, and that means at least SOME individualism carries over, or is created, or just kinda shows up because. It'd be nice to see this expressed in a way that makes Nids not only more interesting to play, but more interesting to read about.

>Mostly because minds like the Old One Eye are floating through the hivemind
What? What are you on about? All tyranids are the hivemind

Having each hivefleet provide slightly different bonuses like chapter tactics or traitor legions do, fine with that since each fleet has been doing its own thing for decades it will have evolved differently.
But they shouldn't be splintered or have proper individual characters. The only reason I accept the swarmlord is because I just imagine him as a higher up hive tyrant as opposed to the individual character they try representing him as

>All tyranids are the hivemind
yup and old one eye happens to be a recurring mutation with it's own set of experiences that it remembers. That's in the fluff dude, or at least implied.

I think of the entire fleet like a fuck off big computer, each nid type a different program. Old one Eye is that one self updating program that if you run two instances of it, it fucking crashes (as in the nids just don't do it, the crashing if for the analogy). So even though they are all part of the same system, take from the same resources and have no problems communicating with each other, Unique programs (like one eye and Swardlord)

An i agree with you, the different fleets should have different bonuses, not be splintered or have... proper individuals, characters yes (old one eye is the example again) but those characters are driven by the hivemind and are not individual from it.

Hopefully that all makes sense, i'm at work and pretty fucking tweeked.

> All they serve is to present a enemy and alternate "Dooms day" to chaos
Not at all like the Orks, right? Or the Necrons? I mean Tau are too young, and Eldar are dying out, even in Commoragh, so we know they won't amount to anything. I mean there should really only be two factions, the Imperials and Chaos. Actually Why even bother with guard? All they serve is pointless bullet fodder until the Space marines or Inquisition show up right? Same goes for traitor guard I suppose. So no one should play anything except for marines, chaos marines, daemons, and the inquisition.

Actually fuck that. I mean all the marines or the inquisitiondo is serve as a glimmer of quickly fading hope. We know they won't amount to anything cause ultimately chaos is just gonna win because its grimdark. Anyone not playing chaos marines or daemons is kidding themselves.

Y'know what? Chaos Marines are just the puppets of the dark gods. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves. Daemons are the only real faction anyone should ever play.

I mean its not like 40k is game or a hobby, where people have different play style or aesthetic tastes. Playing anything other than daemons is pointless.

This. I think tau stick out in the setting a bit and I genuinely find them boring and inconsequential... but I don't want them removed? They add variety and alternate choices for players

>b-b-b-b-but i don't liek them so they are useless and need to be removed! they also don't deserve (needed, oh god needed) buffs because waaaaaaaaaa

which is essentially the arguments being made against them.

I am referring to nids, btw. and it's sarcasm in case anyone missed it.

I'm looking at you Steve.

They evolve tactics

They have tactics, it's just focused on the whole 'overwhelm and consume' trope.

i feel that making that easier for a nid army (balanced of course) would honestly fix them. That doesn't mean mindlessness, but instead a focus on re-population and meat wall.

at least that's how i feel.

What they need is to get on that summoning train daemons and GSC have going on. Summoning perfectly represents the Tyranid ability to overwhelm. Hell, I'm tempted to say they should be better at summoning than the other two.

If they get buffed, I want the synapse mechanic to stay. I feel like that's a party of their identity that shouldn't be lost.

However, it shouldn't be one dice roll for either a permanent debuff/benefit. It should be a turn by turn basis or similar.

Characters coould simply be fluffled as specialist variants, something hyper-optimsed. While some races build jack of all trades, tyranids hyper-specialise with their uniques.

>Catachan devil
>Genestealer
>Kraken
>Brain leaf

Nids aint not never been to da galaxy mang

Making some good new rules is probably too hard for GW.

Put a new coat of paint on nids 4e and add some new units.

> Rending Claws are Rending buff, AP3 when wielded, AP2 when dual
Nah, keep them as is, but:
Two sets = Rending on 5+

> ScyTals are +1WS buff, Reroll 1's when wielded, PE when dual
No, take them back to old 5e
1 set = reroll 1's, 2 sets = reroll all

Make Bone swords stay the same,
But two sets = AP2 instead of AP3

Sweeping point reduction for their melee Weapons tho.
5 pts for Rending Claws
10pts for Bone swords

Makes 20pts for at initiative AP2 with ID on 6s. Vs Power Fists at I1 Sx2 AP2 at 25pts

fuck off

First of all bring this shit back and change "Attack!"'s effect to Rage Special rule

How does Cruddace keep finding these threads?

They don't, but it's not like they can do anything anyways.

>It's ok, we didn't need our 1st company anyways

If anybody wants to read it, go ahead. Suggestions are really helpful

docs.google.com/document/d/1ukYBuSEkOIMymf16sjNYogvsMPunjgiQdVSRpuIEFHQ/edit?usp=sharing

Alright, fuck it.

I've faffed around long enough.

You wanna know how to fix nids? I'll post half a damn Codex. Give me 72 hours.

Feel free to screenshot.

Shameless bump

I think we should increase the point cost on carnifexes. Maybe take away some of their biomorphs so that players understand better what GW wants them to do with the units. We should also make it so that any enemy within 12" of a lictor gets a free snap shot when the lictor enters play. That'll tone down its formidable ambush abilities.

Oh, we should also finally do away with any advantages provided by synapse. From now on, all units rely on their own Ld for everything. Falling of out synapse kills a unit outright. The faction is OP against my Guardsman infantry blobs anyway, so the game will be a lot more fun if we use synapse to balance them out a little.

>implying my 1st company didn't oneshot them
>implying we all didn't start laughing at the victim who actually got killed by fucking Nids

Tyranids should be scrapped and added to AoS.

That's where they belong.

THIS IS SERIOUS TYRONE ONLY SERIOUS FACTIONS

as a formation with some kind of drawback, sure

otherwise you're just asking assholes to turn up with 9001 gaunts and at that point you really need to be enforcing movement trays

chapter tactics is a good idea for nids, guard, sisters, orks

some kind of drop cyst

they ate the eastern fringe of the galaxy and now they're back for more, dumbass

i like your lictor ideas but i can't subscribe to your FNP synapse newsletter in good conscience

no

give them unit-size based bonuses - like ignoring charge penalties/difficult terrain at 50%+ of starting swarm, MTC for monstas that are intended for that role

you're using Orks as a melee army, but they're actually an assault gunline with pieplates galore to offer

BS don't matter when you're throwing shit on the floor

yeah if it's a single choice army-wide

nay if it's squad-level

feels like a lot of people's gaunt problems would be answered by changing them to Beasts if they have no gun

Skaven are already in AoS

I like this line of thinking, it's measured and logical rather than the usual "buff everything" wishlisting you'd expect to see in a thread like this.

Tyrants need to be able to choose between a 2up save+EW or wings.

I think Warriors should lose a wound and go up to T5.

Pyrovores need torrent and str6 ap4 no cover on their main weapons, OR str3 ap3 would be interesting.

>t5 warriors
>implying good things happen
>ever

>We need to make room for another Space Mehrunes chapter

Bumb

I ran the math on that, and got some odd results. While T5 W2 Warriors are tougher against any strength value between 3-7, They got weaker against S2 bizarrely, as well as S8-10. Despite getting tougher, any strength that would wound T4-5 on the same roll becomes stronger. This can't really be avoided though, so it's necessary to make them somewhat useable. I propose switching to T5 W2 along with a 3+ armor save.

I'll never understand why Instant Death for a Tyrant is worth 15 pts.