What if the horde won the second war? How would that change the setting?

What if the horde won the second war? How would that change the setting?

Interesting question, Doomhammer wasn't very pro-Fel warchief so probably with Ner'Zhul and Frost Wolves he would try to reestablish shamanism among the orcs, but it depends on some other factors.
Most likely Horde starts war against Quel'Thalas.

Wasn't Quel'Thalas sort of aligned with the Alliance? I mean, don't you invade Quel'Thalas in the Orc campaign? I could have sworn one of the mission names was something like the dead rise as Quel'Thalas falls.

Horde attacked Quel'Thalas, but then they moved to besiege Lordaeron capital

trolls get quelthalas, elves die
death knight make undead kingdom
humans dwarves gnomes get killed / assimilated into horde

burning legion changes plans

Guess Khaz Modan and Quel'thalas eventually fall to the Horde; the Amani conquer Quel'thalas, dwarves and gnomes are enslaved/exterminated. That's for starters,afterwards it's all long shot guesses; the Scourge wouldn't get to exist,for instance.

I guess the Horde falls into civil war between the clans loyal to Doomhammer and those aligned with the Shadow Council? Eventually the Burning Legion arrives,gets the orcs in line, and proceed to invade Kalimdor.

>I guess the Horde falls into civil war between the clans loyal to Doomhammer and those aligned with the Shadow Council?
Doomhammer destroyed most of Shadow Council

So, what would be the probable fate of the conquered people? Killed? Enslaved Assimilated?

More interesting how Legion would react on this, since Gul'Dan was dead and Doomhammer wasn't best candidate for them.

Considering how long Khaz Modan held out, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dwarves survived but were marginalized.

I'm not even sure the Orcs could /find/ Gnomeregan, never mind what'll happen if they unleash the Troggs.

Also, what happens to Thrall/Go'el in this AU?

>Also, what happens to Thrall/Go'el in this AU?

Is a human raised by Orks?

Some questions aren't meant to be answered, like on why blademasters are essentially orcs yellowfacing

No one would stop the Burning Legion.

That's a good point, Sargeras.

Okay, but which human characters would have just been born by the end of the Second War?

Even Jaina's already a teen by then, and Doomhammer wouldn't leave Varian alive long enough for Anduin to be born.

Orcs create an Empire with human slaves. Stromgarde, Gilneas, Kul Tiras and Dalaaran stand against them as the last remnants of the Alliance, but they're all shattered with not enough fight left to retake Lordaeron. Doomhammer dosen't both conquering them because he doesn't think he can rule them AND Lordaeron, so he agrees to a peace with them.

High Elves are kill, except for Kaelthas who flees with a few thousand, as well as a fleet of humans led by King Arthas the Lost, to make their stand in Kalimdor against the Burning Shadow. Zul'jin rules the new Amani Empire.

Kel'thuzad starts his necormancy plans, and the same thing happens as before, except when he comes back he converts the slaves of the new Orc Empire to the Plague Cult. Human Campaign happens like in WC3, except Thrall takes the place of Arthas and Drek'thar takes the place of Uther. They kill human rebels but its not enough to stop their creation of an undead army made of all those slain by the orcish conquerors. The other human nations are also overrun as the plague grows out of control, and the Lich King reveals himself. Burning Legion invades GG NO RE

Hellscream goes to Kalimdor to chase down the last humans, but gets the chance to kill Magtheridon and survive this time. He also bones Shandris Feathermoon

Doomhammer finishes conquering Azeroth after which the Horde begins infighting and splits back into several separate tribes.

Or Ner'zhul opens portals to new worlds for the Horde to conquer or be defeated by.

I don't think the Horde has the patience or interest to completely genocide every last human. Orcs would kill humans at sight and may even hunt them when bored, but I doubt it'd be systematic.

Anything beyond warcraft 2 is non-canon, obviously.

>Hellscream beating MANNOROTH (ya goof) one on one
It was already bullshit that they took that monster at all, but that's Chris ''green dick is the meaning of my life'' Metzen for you.

That's an interesting take.

Some alternate ideas I had, though-

Doomhammer has no plan to prepare Azeroth for the Legion's coming - screw the warlocks AND their masters.

He wants to consolidate his power base, and reviews his situation carefully.

Blackhand's loyalists /still/ haven't been purged from the mountains, so he'll send Hellscream and the Warsong (with Ogre support) to get that squared away. They will also exterminate the Dark Irons, the Black Dragons, and deal with Ragnaros - but Moira Thaurissan is to be kept alive and untouched. Why? A bargaining chip for a reason to be elaborated on later.

The infant his scouts found in the wilds is to be returned to the Frostwolves, along with the bodies of Durotan and Draka - however, Drek'thar is also offered a deal sweetener. If he rejoins the Horde, pledging Frostwolf forces to its future campaigns, all of Alterac is theirs and theirs alone.

Zul'jin and the Amani are having a blast in Quel'thalas, but who knows what the Sunwell will do to them. That said, Zul'jin has noticed a lethargy among the Orcs now that they're mostly picking off stragglers instead of entering pitched battle, and he says he might be able to find a cure - Silvermoon was built on land sacred to the Loa, and their power should still be somewhere beneath it.

The remainders of the Alliance have holed up in three very tough nuts to crack.

King Genn Greymane of Gilneas used the time it took to finally beat down Lordaeron to build a vast wall at a peninsular chokepoint and protect his own dominains. Invasion by sea would also be costly - heavy cannons guard every port.

Archmage Antonidas of Dalaran has reinforced the city's magical defenses to the point that any attempt to take it for the Horde would be suicidal. That "suicide mission" thing does give him some ideas about those Death Knights, though. They don't really need Gorefiend and his ilk anymore, do they?

(cont.)

High elves ARE decimated, and their few remainders (mostly Rangers/Farstriders) have followed the surviving Windrunner sister (not sure if it's Vereesa or Sylvanas) to Khaz Modan, where the main body of Alliance survivors has holed up.

Gnomish machinery guards Dun Morogh too well to try cracking it in full force. Instead, Goblin saboteurs are sent to stir discord outside of Gnomeregan itself and keep the Gnomes too busy to provide overwhelming aid to the Alliance remnant.

The current High Council of the Alliance Remnant is as such -

The Dwarves have two representatives, Thane Falstad Wildhammer and King Magni Bronzebeard. Humans get three - Archmage Antonidas of Dalaran, the Boy-Kings (whose positions are more ceremonial) Varian Wrynn and Arthas Menethil, and Prince Liam Greymane of Gilneas (sitting in his father's stead). The Elves have the surviving Windrunner sister. The Gnomes also get a seat, but Gelbin Mekkatorque is often too busy in his workshop to attend meetings.

Doomhammer has a few ideas about them, which do not involve extermination. In fact, one day he sends an emissary with an offer, which goes as follows.

The High Elves can return to Silvermoon as a subordinate protectorate of the Amani Empire, limited to the confines of the city itself (he indicates that he could hold Zul'jin to these terms). The Goblins will be pulled out of Dun Morogh and Gnomegregan left unmolested. Orc forces will not only remain out of Khaz Modan, they will also hunt down the remaining Dark Iron stragglers and return Grim Batol to the Wildhammer.

In exchange, the Alliance remnant will not interfere in Orcish activities beyond the treaty borders - at all. No aid will be sent to Alliance holdouts in Lordaeron or in the Brightwood south of Stormwind - and certainly not to Alteraci or Stromic holdouts.

The leaders consider their options carefully, but in the end, the answer is "no."

Thus begins the Battle for Khaz Modan.

One of the primary reasons Doomhammer wanted Alliance non-interference was simple - Turalyon, Lord Anduin Lothar, and Alleria Windrunner may be dead, but Kurdran Wildhammer, Khadgar, and Danath Trollbane have been leading the remains of the Sons of Lothar in a guerilla campaign against the Horde, even recruiting any human holdouts they can find. Danath's plan is to reunite this disparate force with the Alliance remnants in Dalaran, as Khadgar has been able to contact them.

Doomhammer had wanted free reign to hunt them down, pin them to the wall, and watch them starve. Now he's forced to deal with the growing band of irregulars /and/ the main Alliance remnant.

He's also just gotten word that the Warsong were able to beat the Dark Iron, but Hellscream and his veterans are dead, burned alive by Ragnaros the Firelord. This is starting to look bad. Zul'jin is also not pleased about the offer Doomhammer made to the elves, but has no plans to act on it yet - he'd need to do some consolidating of his own to bring Doomhammer down for the insult, and that would mean reuniting with the Gurubashi.

The invading force for the campaign against Khaz Modan consists mostly of Blackrock and Dragonmaw Orcs, with some support from Black Tooth Grin, the surviving Warsong, and the Bleeding Hollow. He called for the Frostwolves, but knew they would be late in coming.

The Burning Blade Clan and Steamwheedle Cartel were ordered to gather as many Amani reinforcements as Zul'jin would send, along with Gorefiend and his Death Knights, and hunt down the Sons of Lothar.

This is where my ideas end because I'm not sure who wins and how pyrrhic the victory is.

In the Warcraft 2 ork campaign, Dalaran is destroyed.

>I literally missed this somehow

Well that just puts a right damper on everything, doesn't it? So now we can assume Antonidas is either dead or in Khaz Modan and Khadgar doesn't know the Alliance has survived but diminished?

Why is it bullshit?