/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - You Lazy Shits Never Make Threads

Veeky Forums fumbbl league Season 7 signups have begun, with a generous period for admissions, PM MauledbytheTigers on fumbbl to participate.

Veeky Forums secret league season 3 playoffs have begun.

Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition has been announced with an expected release for this summer.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules implemented on fumbbl, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition:
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums STALL League:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10591

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
Fumbbl IRC servers may or may not be dying, but dammit, we migrated anyways.

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/3mpKZx2
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=943739
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to build a chaos team and have each of the warriors dedicated to a different god, but I'm at a loss for what to do for slaanesh. Each of the other gods have their own WHFB/AoS units, but slaanesh doesn't. Would it be appropriate to convert a stormcast eternal to a slaanesh player or is there a better option?

Id go for a pretty boy adonis-like with a crab claw.

dead

I'm gonna pick up a starter set next week. I assume that both teams from box need some upgrades - what is the best way to expand them? Is a second box necessary or maybe I need only few extra models for each team?

There are a couple of all the positionals, but for a few of them, like the blitzers or the black orcs, you'll need to convert some linemen or buy a second box
They are releasing this week a human box, with the all the humans you can find in the starter set, and the ogre, that is the big guy of the team. If you buy those you'll have everything for any occasion and more

They're going to do the same for orcs soon but we don't have yet a precise date

When they will release the Aelves?

>Aelves
Not a thing, you mean High Elves?

The Pro Aelves.

>Supersession: the post
It's just a matter of time user. You know that GW will not let Blood Bowl to be the last bearer of the Fantasy torch for long

GW doesn't even allow the game to be played in their stores for fear of it drawing too much attention and money away from 40k (hence Blitzmania being just for independent stores). They're not going to bother rebranding the whole thing to Age of Shitmar trademarkable names; it's too niche and grognard-reliant.

>is niche
>steal money from 40k

Does not compute.

>for fear of it drawing too much attention and money away from 40k
Oh yeah, that's why they released new starter and three boxed teams for now since last year

I'm just repeating their reasoning, I didn't say it was remotely logical.

>I'm just repeating their reasoning
Could you share the source, if it's "their"?

Once you've bought your team + rules that's pretty much all the money they're going to get from you (and then maybe the odd £20 if you want to start a new team), meanwhile 40k can continually pump out new OP minis, codexes and campaign books and is in general a bigger money sink. Any tables they give up for people to play Blood Bowl are tables that aren't promoting 40k or Sigmar. Talk to any GW store manager and they'll tell you the same.

So are you saying that the will not release the Pro Aelves and that the box was nothing but a money grab?

Pro Elves will come out down the line, probably the last of the elf teams. Pro Aelves will never come out.

Ah, so source is your ass, ok.
BB and 40k/AoS are so different that comparing them is just stupid. Why someone interested in playing war games would drop a 40k or AoS for playing a BB?
>meanwhile 40k can continually pump out new OP minis, codexes and campaign books and is in general a bigger money sink
This is also fucking stupid. If someone wants to play budget games, he will play budget games - small points, Kill Team or other shit that isn't requiring to buy a lot of models, battletome/codex (pdfs) etc.

How I'm supposed to play without the Aelves?

Does money you pay from your treasury to buy inducements add to your opponents "free" inducement money? I'm talking about the new 2016 tabletop version which doesn't seem to have any mention of banking money or your treasury contributing to your TV (and I'm coming into the tabletop game from playing BB2, which apparently handled inducements in a ridiculous fashion).

Just convert some of your Aeldari™ miniatures from Warhammer 40,000™ using some of the handy videos provided by warhammer-community.com™.

Aeldari can't be converted. Stupid backpack. I want Aelves to play. Not stupid Dworf.

If a blackmailed player causes a casualty to his own team or completes a pass to the enemy team does he still get SPP for it?

I dont know the answer, but i know where you can find similar situations.

Ball and chain, your own guy, i think doesnt.
Throwing directely to the other team causes.a.turn over, and i think doesnt award spp.

Are you painting your ruler and templates?

I've been contemplating maybe painting the range ruler sections in different colours and maybe writing the range mods (+1,0,-1,-2) on to help the new players I'm trying to coach into the game, but I'm worried it'll probably be an absolute eye sore.

nth for praise OP

I heard the OP is a pretty cool guy.

I don't get it

I'm the one who made the edit and I'm not 100% on it, so don't worry

He is pretty likeable

>esn't even allow the game to be played in their stores for fear

I absolutely played bloodbowl in a Warhammer shop (silly name change) just 4 days back.

>Blitzmania cards look and feel noticeably different from the regular green special play cards.

Derp. GW quality control strikes again.

>They're going to do the same for orcs soon but we don't have yet a precise date
Good to know. Surely I will have enough fun with starter teams for month or two so I can wait

BALLS

If you take Orcs, Humans, and Elves as your first 3, what would you take as the 4th team for a "rounded" collection of the different play styles? You've got hard bash, light bash with some ball play, hard ball play, and ???

A shitty stunty team.

goblins or halflings

Anything more? Any releases or other shit?

since no one reads the op, we all moved to discord, join us at discord.gg/3mpKZx2

Don't actually join us
We don't want you here

Is $80 a good deal for a copy of the new box?

Well, If you would buy it from GW for 100$ then you are saving 20%. My LGS is selling them for 2/3 of GW price

Resigning up for Reddit. The goal is to have tg guys steal their finals forever.

pic unrelated

thats not me dude

>My LGS is selling them for 2/3 of GW price

GW is my LGS...

So I'm new to /bbg/ and about to buy my first blood bowl set

are races like wood elves just no longer in circulation? is there seriously just skaven, dwarves, orcs, and humans?

>are races like wood elves just no longer in circulation? is there seriously just skaven, dwarves, orcs, and humans?

Yes. They are re-releasing the teams.

They are releasing teams eventually, most of the races are represented in the pdf on their site, so the rules are availible. They all have dumb names now, enjoy.

How to Nurgle against Orks and Necro? Take out the blitzers and wolves/wights?

Claw pomb

Thats pretty much it if you dont have claw nurgle isnt gunna stand up to orcs too well and to play vs nurgle you either need to remove/trap the wolves so they cant make an impact or take out all the necro's guard

1,2 Bland Elves
3,4 Kangz
5,6 Edgy Elves
7,8 Reddit Rats
9,0 Tree Elves

Cut my senpai into pieces.

What are some good teams that are focused more on defense than offense?

People say Dark Elves are defense oriented but I'm not completely convinced.

>People say Dark Elves are defense oriented but I'm not completely convinced.
I was thinking more of a "I laugh at your puny attempts to push me" kind of defense.

High tv when they have a lot of blodge step and some DT and T they can be pretty devastating, especially with the witches keeping you off the sideline

Nurgle.

Khemri, Dwarves, Nurgle

DT? T? TV?

I am a new Dark Elf Player, what is this?

diving tackle, tackle, team value.

I'm doing a Lizardmen team for some upcoming games.

Roster looks like this:

Krox
Saurus x6
Skink x5

RR = 1
FF = 2

Imma get slaughtered, right?

>1 RR
>1 RR

Who needs rerolls, all our blocks are 2db without any skills :)

Yeah. for lizardmen because of the lack of skills I say you need 2 rerolls, preferaably 3. if your dead set on the kroxigor you can go

Krox
4x Saurus
6x Skinks
3x RR

if your willing to drop the krox then

6x Saurus
5x Skinks
3x RR
with 40k in the bank to save up for a krox

or go full busta and go
krox
6x Sarus
4x Skink
2x RR
20k change

zeha

Rolled 6 (1d6)

gfi

This is best

I miss season 1

pic very related, you know what picture it is without even opening it.

I think that's a season 2 screencap.

Not season 1 but close

>not the original

Trees vs Strippers in 15 minutes.

>tfw there are no images of sexy strippers lost in a forest
Have this sexy tree instead

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=943739

>tfw really like blood bowl but none of my friends like it so you can't start getting into it.

I feel you, dude, it's hard being a lone shitter

>decided to take an assassin on D elf team for shits and giggles when building team
>going against W elf team around 1200 TV but none of my dudes have tackle
>decide to throw a stab against a war dancer on turn 1
>success, rolls and gets an injury
>dead, uses apothecary, dead again
Blood Bowl is fun.

And this is why you should always start with an Assassin.

This is also why you don't leave your Wardancers where a blitz can reach them on turn 1.

What are your thoughts on D elf Runners? I personally don't use them as dump-off is too situational and Blitzers/Witch elves feel like better ball carriers to me.

The slaaneshi's finally encounter some wood they cannot handle, 2-0 to the dryads

Depends if you wanna try for the triple option or not

He's fairly cheap and a leader caddy, that's pretty much it

get him if you want the p access. you want to carry the ball with your blitzers or witch anyway.

I got doubles on lvl 1 witch elf and also have the choice for +1 MA or AV, wut do? That AV looks really good since they're squishy.

AV is the single worst thing you could take. Even Sneaky Git or Stand Firm would be better

MA or Mighty Blow

+1ma or Mighty Blow, first if she's your carrier, second if she's a killer

Imo Only humans, High elves, dorfs, and maybe pro elves need their p access player.

Delfs, orcs, and rats just have them so they have some defense at low tv vs wood elves

penis13 please

Name one reason to take them other than strip ball and leader

>D elf runner has - 1 av
>Orc thrower has -1 av
>Skaven have ag 4

Zombie got +1 m/av, what do?

Take Block or Kick

Kick it is

Take dirty player you fucking retard. Kick is only a second skill on a dp zombie

This is factually incorrect. While my GW does not have official events or bloodbowl night, they have stated they will give their full support and host, for any person or group who wants to start a blood bowl league. In fact someone is doing that and I literally came to this thread to look into which team to try out (so far dwarfs).