How would I got about making my DnD 5e campaign have a sword and sorcery feel?

How would I got about making my DnD 5e campaign have a sword and sorcery feel?

Sword and sorcery as in low power as fuck? congrats, that's already 5e.

Disallow full casters.

this, and do more personal adventures. make the campaign play out as a series of pulp fiction short stories.

You can't, sorry. D&D 5e already sucks right from the get-go. It brings back the shitty casters with 200 spells per day, as well as fighters who now have per-day abilities because Merals cannot fucking let go of 4e. The game is chock full of magic bullshit. Magic items are nerfed at least. The game is overly-structured and has basically no options within your class beyond "pick one of these three archetypes".

Better options include Warrior Rogue Mage, Torchbearer, and Dungeon World.

>There are people who actually believe this

Woo boy.

>sword and sorcery feel
>takes away the sorcery part
Bravo!

Focus on more personal, small-scale stories. Make magic rare and feared--not necessarily restricting it from the party, but making it so that flexing their magical muscles makes them rightfully feared or hunted.

Why do people who hate D&D always spell Mearls wrong?
Always in the same way.

Merals and Cock are the worst things that ever happened to D&D.

Casters have less spells than ever in 20 years, the fuck are you talking about?

Sorry, OP, but it's too late to save your thread now.

>Merals and Cock
Cock?

Mont Cock

The sorcery is sword and sorcery is generally restricted to baddies and the occasional temporary party member/ally.

Examples?

3rd -> book of iron might -> iron heroes -> 4e

I played Iron Heroes, GM told us it was biased towards martials because the book has like 9 pure martials and 1 pure caster, the truth is martials suck, feats are now divided in more feats (improved trip is like 4 feats instead of one) and the caster can summon like 10 martial worth creatures since low levels that last 24 easily. Is even more imbalanced than 3.PF if that's even possible.

>Merals cannot fucking let go of 4e
???

Let it go, user, it's just troll horseshit.

5e DMG suggests Dark Sun as inspiration for sword and sorcery. Look to reimaginings of that for inspiration

>Personal focus.
>Magic is basically always evil and fueled by depravation, except for warding and healing, and the rare bit of animal domination. Any magic of note requires atrocities to power it.
>Civilization is synonymous with corruption with arbitrary rules, and only savages have real nobility.

The biggest hurdle will be that 5e magic and supernatural abilities are a bad fit for s&s.