The lawful good fighter is using an enchanted dagger named "Perfect Murder" because the loot tables don't take into...

>the lawful good fighter is using an enchanted dagger named "Perfect Murder" because the loot tables don't take into account whether a weapon is thematically appropriate for a given character

>called "Perfect Murder"
>isn't actually murderknife

Chabuduo.

It was his choice to use it. If he's so worried about his theme he probably shouldn't use weapons that don't fit it. Dagger don't care.

It's his dagger. There's nothing stopping him from calling it 'Rusty the Friendly Can-opener' from now on.

If it's an item of dark power, you can always go to a temple and get it consecrated and aligned with a holy purpose.

Might have to slay an evil murderous demon terrorizing the locals as part of renaming ritual.

Does perfect murder lack any weaknesses

> Knife called 'Perfect Murder'
> It's the abridgement of the well known phrase among the Order of St Bartholomew, "To turn one's back on those in need is commit the perfect murder"
> It's 1% chance to instantly kill reminds all good fighters that there's always hope of light in darkness

Perfect murder is by extension perfectly painless and perfectly swift. A tool is a tool, unless there's a malevolent demon inside or something.

>paladin finds a powerful sword
>malevolent demon bound inside
>it can't do anything, its just powering the sword
>whenever you kill something with the sword, the demon gets off a little

>Fall from grace for associating with evil forces, lose all class features. NEXT!

Paladin 'falls'~?

>the murder is so perfect it is morally flawless

So, like the Sword of Truth?

>Adventurers find a sword.
>Sword contains a demon bound inside.
>Demon is powerful, not something you'd want getting out.
>If the demon gets enough time to concentrate it will break out.
>Killing things with the sword pleases the demon, breaking its concentration.

Is it evil to use this sword ?

No, as long as it's not evil to kill the things you kill.

So it's kinda like rubilax but not really?

>Find evil demon bound blade in some random crypt we were cleansing
>Take it back with us, so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands
>Discern the nature and true name of the demon bound inside the blade, while keeping it locked away
>Demon is very powerful, would definitely not want it getting out
>Debate locking it away with rest of the party
>Leaving it locked away will let it erode its prison and get out, eventually
>Wizard meekly comments the blade is enchanted to simulate an orgasm every time it kills for the demon
>To keep an ancient evil from escaping, I wield the blade in my quest to purge the lands of even worse evils
>Ignore the blade moaning every time I cleave an undead abomination or other demons
>Use reward system of orgasms to train the demon, attempt to redeem through carrot and stick method

> Good
> End justifies the means

>pic
l-lewd

That's because they're best girls, and we must protect them from the bullies.
If your game group has alps, remember to inform your friends to avoid spadetail teasing. Otherwise the little bastards won't leave

Nice, actually stealing this.

A member of the assassins guild naming a dagger, then paying a wizard to enchant it so that the name can't be changed and/or forgotten, doesn't automatically make it an evil weapon.

Have the city guard recognize the distinctive weapon and hunt the fighter and party believeing that they are guilty of a long list of crimes from a few years back.

What type of a hack uses random loot generation mid session?

How can someone who runs a game not make up gear blocks/treasure for possible confrontations and expect it to last more than a session?

Shit reach.

It's a dagger. It only deals 1d4 damage.

>"A Perfect Murder"
>whatever is stabbed becomes a flock of crows for a short time

Why would loot left behind by the ancient dead know who was going to find it? The funery goods of an egyptian pharaoh were found by some guy who didn't even worship the Sun.

Why would the random shit you find lying around be tailor made for you?

Only if the Paladin ends up converting the demon to being a total bro who ends up dethroning the prince of all demons

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

As a bonus, it keeps 'perfect murder' out of the hands of anyone evil.

I feel Good characters are perfectly justified in hoarding evil artifacts.

well done

This.

Because in a game with a level of control in it, some things are going to be decided by what is necessary for a narrative or what might be most fun for a party, rather than mere random chance.

If no one in the party is playing a wizard, there is no point in dropping random staves, since they'll get sold instead of being treated as fun loot.

Damn this is solid as fuck.

But user, my TTRPG experience needs to mimic a video game in every way! Trash loot, boss fights that can only be overcome with force, arbitrary shitty classes and builds!

You made a rogue who specializes in infiltration and talking your way past the guards? Hahaha fuck you, have a dungeon full of undead.

But weird loot is fun

Before examining this more closely, I thought this was a tiny imp guy carrying a huge dagger.

I'm going to introduce this enemy into my game now.

Why is the fighter wielding a dagger? Is it that strong?

Why isn't he an 18 dex spiked chain goliath with a wand of enlarge person stuck up his ass?

I'd like to see Imperfect Murder

I want to marry the Sword demon!

Cursed dagger.

Big damage bonus and inflicts agony on attack. Target takes dice penalties and alerts everyone around with their screaming.

While under the dagger's effect the first fatal blow delivered by the wielder (so no switching weapons, and no using it on yourself) instead reduces the opponent to 1hp instead.

So the party rogue takes the neat high-damage dagger and does a coup de grace on the sleeping orc, 50 damage but he survives, wakes up, and starts screaming.