Why live on a planet when you could build a Cylinder to live in?

Why live on a planet when you could build a Cylinder to live in?

If you can't build a Cylinder yet, that's an acceptable interim answer.

Why build a cylinder when I have a bitchin' planet to live on, full of dope shit to mine, hunt, gather and exploit?

>Why build a cylinder when I have a bitchin' planet to live on, full of dope shit to mine
There are plenty of crap planets like mercury, moons and asteroids to mine.

Yeah, but why would I choose to build a fucking space cylinder to live in, when I can use the time and materials to make my planet even more dope in the first place?

And besides, there's nothing to kill and eat on those crap planets.

>Zero G whenever you want it
>Control exactly how you want the weather to be
>Have the terrain exactly how you want it
>In Delta V terms half way to anywhere in your local star system.
>Not tied to a single gravity well with calculable and fixed orbits just asking for a relativistic weapon.
>Just tug over to another planet when your current one gets boring.
>ZG manufacturing opens up immortality drugs, superior metallurgy.
>Can rule over ground plebs with your access to solar power beaming microwaves or threats of extinction events.

>being that eager to become a noodle-armed limp-dicked faggot in zero-g unless you spend extra time excercising
>implying I can't do that already if I can fucking build a self-sustaining movable habitat
>see above
>implying I can't just bring whatever sheet I need to my planet
>moot point with relativistic weapons, flight paths are predicted just as easily
>having a boring planet in the first place
>getting to fantasy realm here
>implying I don't have access to all that and more already, see second statement

This; I'm genre savvy. Living on a space colony increases your chances of giant robot/alien attack by 100%

> hunt, gather
That's what agriculture is for. Even primitives with flint knives and sticks can work out how to raise crops and pen animals for food. It's much better than hunting and gathering.

Have fun choking on void if anything goes wrong or a rogue micrometeoroid hits in the wrong place.

Listen to .

Don't let your soul be weighed down by gravity.

That's why you have spaced hull plating and patch teams.

Then where's the sport? Sure, agriculture is more reliable, but sometimes you want to wrestle a wild bear or prove your man enough to fight a wolf or lion with nothing but a knife.

>Implying you can't generate artificial gravity through spinning.
>implying putting all your eggs in a single basic visible to everyone light years around is in any way comparable or predictable as a sub planetoid massing manueverable hunk of metal.
>implying a relativistic planet killer won't come out of nowhere and not strike the highly predictable rock ball spewing forth green text across all EM bands.
>implying you can't have your own hunting preserves on your cylinder
>implying spear hunting space suited dolphins is not based as fuck.
>implying you can overcome my quantitative advantage in space industry, resource extraction and exploration when you have to punch your way JUST to orbit your own shame sphere.

How does that defend me from fascist naziboos with an axe to grind and WMDs?

Build your own WMDs to strike back with in retaliation, this isn't complicated user.

Larry you should know that's not a problem that only arises in or effects people living on space colonies.

Why the FUCK would I live in a cylinder?
You think I like tubes, user? No. Fuck that.
I'm going to live in a cube. Or a big old triangular based pyramid.

>hurrr I can't into science

Day of the colony soon fellow spacenoids.

Cubes are not good for Spin Gravity.

>Not living in a Dyson sphere
Think of how much of your stars energy you are just wasting

>Implying a Dyson Sphere isn't just an inverted regular shame sphere with a light bulb in the middle
>Implying I want my race of spacers to go full Tower of Babel and evolve into entirely different species just up spin of one another due to the shear surface area.

>needing a sealed habitat
>not just living in a carved out vacuum in a body that can survive in vacuum
>laughingposthumans.xp

Yeah, poor Helghans keep getting attacked by those Earther bastards.

>implying i wouldn't give my left nut to live on one of the Sides.