Inquisitorial Penal Regiment Veeky Forums: Space Hulk Edition

Listen up ladies and gents! A space hulk has entered orbit around Kostov IV. It's not showing up on any imperial records so we do not know what inhabits it or where It has come from. Get yourselves prepared
------------------------------------------------------------
1d4chan.org/wiki/Campaign:Penal_regiment_designation_Veeky Forums

Steamsteamcommunity.com/groups/40k_penal_regiment.

FAQ:
>Why don't you guys move to quest?
We're not a quest that's why. Quests are directed by a single GM giving choices to the players, this is completely freeform.

>Then what the fuck is this?
Somewhat of a campaign of crack-infused free-form roleplay set in the grim darkness of the far future.

>When do you guys make these threads?
Usually mondays at 4PM GMT, but they sometimes extend to Tuesdays if we got caught in the middle of something when the thread died and it was too late to make another one the same day.

>Can I join in?
Sure, just think of a character and have fun, you can find most info in 1d4chan albeit it's ussually a little bit out of date in comparison to where the threads are.

>Is there any requirement in character creation.
Not really, we've had Xeno infiltrators, Chaos infiltrators, Villains, Heroes, Normal Guardsmen, Crazed Guardsmen, Assassins, Psykers, Space Marines, Inquisitors, Squats... just think whathever and join the fun.

>Is it allowed to have more than a single character?
Yes as long as you don't use it to powerplay.

>So how you guys do the playan'?
We tend to use spoilers for OOC chat, but nothing is set in stone.
We tend to use greentexts for describing a character's actions, but again nothing is set in stone.
Use d20s for combat checks and d100s for other things you want to roll, higher Is better.
It's important to know that the regiment is now in the employ of a radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor, with influence from an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor and under the watch of an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor. Yes we've been through a lot of shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dpWmlRNfLck
discord.gg/Phw3g
discord.gg/tVB8E
discord.gg/e8rNP
youtube.com/watch?v=JLFpSJtT0Ng
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Deckard would be practicing his guitar in one hall or other, strumming the notes with a relaxed, sentimental smile, too phased out to hear the alarms
>Rita would be giving out invites to the "brothel" and searching for applicants
>Kane would be...doing whatever the rest of the group is doing, attending the party and talking to people
>Inquisitor Attano smiles and chats with Alan Wellesley about the state of the Regiment and such
>Alexei would be praying at the chapel

>Suits up, the new armor still looking silly on the Feral worlder
I just hope it be not one 'o 'em damn Genestealer infestations... Again.

>Isabelle would be stumbling around the ship, still equipped with the suit of power armour, unsure of how to even LEAVE it.
>At this point, she'd spent the last six hours being questioned by her Superiors, ordered to leave the suit, and more.
>By the time she had convinced them she didn't know how, they had pretty much given up on getting her out for the moment.

>the admiral makes his stealthy way through the governor's dungeon, armed only with a nonpowered blade
>he hears an alarm coming from a guardroom and hears a similar announcement as the on on the Judegement's Teeth
This escape just got ten times worse.

>It feels like nothing light on her body as she moves around
>the machine spirit is quiet unless asked

>Malak would let out a sigh at the sight Feral world trainee. Before walking over and assuring him with putting on the pure white armour.

That's because you have it on backwards trainee...

>When he was finished strapping it together, he'd place the helmet over his head.

Now then... Do you know how to equip the hot shot lasgun and its pack? Or do I need to help with that as well?

And so... we go to war again...

>as he hears his words he grins and changes the tune
youtu.be/dpWmlRNfLck

>Eisen would notice of suit of silver power armour stumbling helplessly through a hall near him.
>And then fall face first into the deckplates.
>This is followed by the word-

-...Owie...

>The commissar would put his only hand behind his back.
Battlestations gentlemen! By the Emperor you will hold the line or die trying if anything comes out of that Hulk!

>he walks past and murmus loud enough to be heard
To kill the enemy of course..
>walks past
>to his side

Trooper... Ordenius...? Is that you?!

Rolled 46 - 40 (1d100 - 40)

>Her body would stiffen upon hearing her name.
>Alert klaxons would flare out in her minds eye, as she realises who's talking to her.
>She'd immediately try to give her voice a far deeper pitch.

N-...No...?

>Hearing the words "Hold the line" especially from a commissar had the krieger in pure righteous imperial glee
>He did a quick check of the state of things
>Shovel? Check.
>Gun? check.
>Habbening? Check.

>As such, the krieger was ready. It was time for war. And for him, that meant several chances to redeem himself with suicide by glorious combat.
>He kept repeating an improvised litany of sorts in his head.
>"Hold the line, slay the heretic, slay the xeno, slay the traitor. Seek redemption. In the Emperor's name, kill them all."

>on board the space hulk
Brothers, we have tracked the imperial lapdogs to this world. We will recover the information that they stole and use it to wage war upon other slaves of the corpse emperor. Initial scans indicate that the planet has little in the way of orbital defenses, however there are three troopships belonging to the imperial guard. We will drop and secure our prey's ruined ship, then move to strike at the governor's palace and destroy the leadership of this world. Meanwhile, our strike fighters will swoop in to cripple the imperial guard ships while they are still moored.

>is having a panic attack about genestealers on engineering deck

>Eyebrow would be raised behind his gasmask.
>He'd turn his head towards Guerre as if asking if he knows anything of what is going on here.

I ain't a good shot with these things, but I know enough 'ta load an' shoot it.

>he looks back
Apparently she happned to be compatible with the power armor..
She would need some training

>Behind the suit's helmet, Isabelle's face would be bright red, and burning up out of embarrassment.
>What are tiny whimpers of embarrassment to her, are transmitted as loud, angry sounding grumbles thanks to the helmet.

Very well then...

On your feet trooper, a Space Hulk has entered the system, we believe that the enemies of man are soon to make planetfall. You will have to learn to walk on that armor and fight.

>Malak would frown at this.

Knowing how to shoot a gun is fine and dandy trainee. But I'm asking you if you know how to properly "load" it.

>He'd pick up the two unconnected power cables from both the hot shot lasgun, and it's backpack sized power pack.

Because if you don't. Than pulling the trigger on a weapon capable of easily cutting through space marine power armour, isn't going to do much.

>He'd recite the proper litanies of "Cable Connection", before asking the machine spirit inside both the power pack, and thr hotshot lasgun, to forgive Ragaa for his poor handling of it.
>Afterwards, he would hand the weapon to Ragaa.

There... You should be able to use it now.

>The suit's helmet would stiffen upon hearing the news about the space Hulk.

B-b-b-BUT!

>She would go quiet, as she quickly remembers her "oath" she had made upon entering the armour.
>She'd then put all her effort into getting up to her feet.

Y-yes, Mi'lord!

>Deckard stands in the line grumbling, along with Alexei, who has a stern, dead determined expression on his face
Here we go again...
>Kane approaches Alice, when she is not busy, and leans down to her
So, Inquisitor, what are the plans after the dinner?

That's the attitude I want to see.
>He turns around to make sure the corridor is empty.
Now I want you to walk to that wall without stumbling or falling down.

Eh... Fancy rites 'side, I knew how 'ta do that. I dinnae know yer sky people 'ad rituals like we did. Just prayers'n all that.

>The Grenadier was going trough his gear, making sure he had everything on him.
>Ominous skull-faceplate? Check.
>Carapace armor, standard for grenadiers expected to rush in and die anyway? Check.
>Grenades? Duh.
>Hellgun? Check, laspistol? Check.
>M39 entrenching tool, perfect tool of mass destruction and providing any battlefield with trenches? Check.
>Urge to kill stuff dead? Yeah he had it with him.

>Oblivious to the goings on within the 'hulk, the Rogue Trader's Fleet raises their Void Shields and powers up all weapons, in accordance with Protocol.
I don't like this....first Night Lords and now this thing...we destroy the crashsite of that ship and rescue the Admiral, then we nuke -that- thing and bug out.
>And so the Fleet moves from it's position near the edge of the System towards the planet.

Rolled 10 (1d100)

>Isabelle's eyes would go wide upon hearing the request.
>Her mind would go through EVERY possible excuse in the book to avoid having to do this.
>When each one she pictures in her mind's eye, ultimately failing (usually with her getting a bolt shell to the back of the head), she would simply nod her head at him, before looking down the hallway.
>She'd take a deep breath, before attempting to make it to the end of the hall without either falling, or stumbling.

>Malak's eyes would narrow angerly towards Ragaa.

These aren't just "fancy rites" trainee! These are the proper and necessary rites to use, and repair these weapons. Taught to our Regiment by the Tech-priests of Mars themselves! They are something that each Scion trainee must learn, and memorize by the end of his training!

>He'd place his own helmet over his head. The blue eye slits lighting up as the helmet connects to the power supply.

And it's something you've been failing to learn during training.

Rolled 3 (1d100)

>And Isabelle would end up falling face first into the deckplates after taking her first step...

>She remains silent for a long moment.

>The suit would once again stand up, and would take another step.

My lord, I'm reading incoming fighters.

That's... Sorry. I do me best, but yer sky people have all kinds o' ways an' tools I can't get me mind wrapped around.

>It is by this point the commissar walks to her side and helps her up.

If you don't learn to move on the armor you will be just a target for the enemy. What would your brother think of his sister taking a bolter shell to the head by an heretic marine? What would your family think?!

Rolled 67 (1d100)

>Before falling directly into the deckplates once again. This time leaving a power armour sized dent in the floor plates.

...Owie...

>But the suit would once again stand up, and try again. Pure determination can be felt eminating from the suit, as well as it's owner.

There we go, that's what I want to see. Get to that wall.

Inquisitor?

>Her face goes bright red as Eisen helps her up to her feet.
>She would become even more determined to make it to the end of the hall at this point.
>And so Isabelle made it to the other end of the hallway. Granted, not without a few minor issues, such as almost tripping on her own indentation in the deckplates. But irnwasa good start!

Well you need to learn this Trainee! There are kids at our Scholia who are half your age that can do this sort of thing with their eyes closed, and one hand broken! And that's just the kids who ARE from feral worlds!

>He'd make a quick check of his suit's functions. Making sure they are green and clean, before doing a quick check on his weapons.

If you can't even do the basics during training, you're going to end up dead far before graduation.

>He'd cast a helmeted glance towards Ragaa.

And I doubt your pregnant girlfriend would enjoy knowing that the father of her unborn child died during the early stages of training. Now would she?

>seeing as the Inquisitor was busy, Kane would rather just sit down next to Lien, sipping wine
Are you ok, dear?

Good job trooper.
>He sounds proud of her effort.
Now all you need to do is keep learning to walk so you can learn to run.

A bit nervous, is the inquisitor's family nice?

I... Aye, sir.

They are, they are, you should try and talk to them, they don't bite, dear
>he offers her the glass of wine
Here, this might take the edge off

>She takes it.
What is it?

>All this time he was staying with Kara away from the party making sure that she is feeling allright

>three black thunderhawks swoop in to land at the site of the wreck
We must be quick, brothers, or we may lose the element of surprise against the governor and his forces.
>meanwhile, a wing of hell talons screams in towards the Judgement's Teeth and its companion ships

It's wine, dear...an alcoholic substance. Humans use this to...relax a bit
Just...don't drink too much

>The Captain squints, as he looks through the viewport.
Officer...is there something out there?
>'Officer', sitting at the Sensor Controls, turns around. "It appears that several dozen objects left the Spacehulk, we're not sure what...but they're headed for the planet."
Increase speed, and launch fighters just in case.....and hail the Judgement's Teeth, on the off chance they don't see whatever's coming towards them.

I-I did it... I-I DID IT!

>The armour would clap its hands excitedly!

I can't believe I did it! I did it without falling!

>The suit would make its way over towards Eisen, before lower it's helmet to Eisen's eye level. The top of it aimed towards him, and an aura of what seems to be "expectation", seems to emanate from the suit.

>Malak's brows would furrow at being called "Sir". And even with his helmet on, and Hai face covered up, it would be obvious to the feral worlder, that the Scion is angry.

I am not a "Sir"! Do you understand me, 'Trainee'? I am a Tempestor. Not an officer who sits behind the front lines, sipping kool-aid out of a fucking BENDY STRAW! So get in through your feral worlder skull! Because if you can't, I will certainly make sure to do it for you!

As for your training scores... Consider this to be a live fire training exercise, with failure meaning your death by the enemy, or me.

Now finish gearing up, and let's move out!

... Aye.
>does as told, albeit his expression under his helmet has changed to one he had almost forgotten, an angry grimace

>Ron starts up in his bed
Where the fuck did everyone go?

>Malak would keep an eye upon Ragaa's vital signs, through the use of his wrist gauntlet.
>"Heartrate sky rocketing, adrenaline coursing through his veins..."

>Malak would smile at this.

>"Good. Just as planned. Maybe he'll properly direct that anger in the coming battle...."
>"Still... I hate having to do this sort of thing... But that man needs it now more than ever..."

>Malak would quickly make a last minute check upon his men, before listening to the Vox chatter.

>the fighters divert their course and begin heading toward the Rogue Trader ships instead

Why not do this shit on the fucking weekend so people can fucking play?

Do you people not have jobs?

DIscord link
discord.gg/Phw3g

You just sparked an argument/debate on the Discord lol

Rolled 13, 20 = 33 (2d20)

>The Trader's ships dispatch a pair of Fighter Wings, as well as bringing their Point Defenses to bear.

>"Lord Telemus, the ship's black box has been removed. All personnel are either dead or have left."
We will strike at the governor's palace then. I have diverted our fighter wings to deal with a collection of orbital ships, so we should expect resistance from the imperial guard on the ground. Let us away.

Rolled 1, 16, 14 = 31 (3d20)

>most of the fighters are destroyed utterly, but a few get through

>Is still a gibbering wreck in a corner on engineering deck 4

Rolled 18, 5 = 23 (2d20)

>The trio of craft succeed in damaging one of the port Weapons Batteries of a Battlecruiser, albeit the damage is less than it could have been, and the defenses, and supporting fighters, return fire swiftly.

You did well. I am proud of your success.
>Nod of approval.

Ok...
>She sips it.

A glowing green scar appear near the Lord Captain

>The suit wouldn't move in anyway whatsoever.
>That air of "expectation" is still emanating from the suit.

>A shape emmerge from the scar
>although it looks humanoid, it seems like a xenos

Which captain?

Edwin Wellesley

What are you...?
>He sighs.
>He pats her head.

>he leans back and groans
>he slaps his knees and gets up

Come Kara, lets get messed up on chocolate and wine
and go around town to see the sights

>he hides the aquilla behind his top
>he offers his hand

>his surroundings are certainly not what he is familiar with. Not what he fell asleep to. Something is digging into his palm...
The device, Fuck. Must have activated in my sleep.
>Ron sweeps of his bedsheets and approaches the door to what he hope is a hallway.

>She smiles and takes the hand.
More chocolate? Where are we going?

Greetings human, I am The High Cryptek Kerazekh
I have been sent by the Triarch to study human social interaction
Guide me through your leader and no harm will be done

>he goes trough the party and picks up a bottle of chocolate liquor
>he whistles and goes out the front gate into the city

>he drinks and passes her the bottle
Lets go see the sights, and go.. wherever our feeling takes us

>the lone Inquisitor would be wandering the house, and would spot the man
Uhmmm...
>his eyes dart back and forth
Is this the way to the bathroom? I honestly have no idea how-

/*Inhales deeply......* No.

>the admiral reaches the parapets of the planetary fortress
>there is gunfire and the roaring of thunderhawks overhead; the fortress is under assault
>he picks up a stub pistol from a nearby corpse and heads In the opposite direction

>he raises a brow, in worry
And...uh...do you like it? It might be...slightly odd the first time

>Ron raises his eyebrows.
Cool, still here. Uh, bathroom... No idea. I'll help you find one though.
>he quickly shuts his door behind him to hide the walls.

>She sips the bottle.
>Her ears twitch a little at the taste.
We don't have of this stuff back at Commorragh...

The... sights?

>She looks over the Horizon to try understand what Peepers means

I messed up ? Right?

care for a discord link?

with great pleasure

A bit, just remove the necron from that ship it's not the regiment's. Also here, have a discord link. discord.gg/tVB8E

Sounds uh-swell. Though I generally lost the need to go to one. Maybe if I drink more it'll help.
>at the word of this he takes out a flask and drinks from it
Ah. Nope.

discord.gg/e8rNP

youtube.com/watch?v=JLFpSJtT0Ng
>He goes with her trough the city
>they go see street preformers, markets, churches and monuments
>Peepers buys a primitive camera and takes pictures of intesting stuff he finds
>he also takes pictures of himself and Kara, sometimes posing before a statue

>they eventualy end up in a cafe, both with a cup of recaf before them

>The helmet would nuzzle into Eisen's hand, as he pats it. As if it were trying to get more.
>Inside the helmet, Isabelle would be smiling brightly. Her eyes closed, as she enjoys the praise given to her.
>When she'd finally had enough. The suit would stand up, and would give the Commissar a from salute.

Trooper Isabelle Ordenius, reporting for duty, now that my reserves of "headpatnium" are refilled!

>feels a slight chill of both delight and disgust.

>a smiles crosses Ron's face briefly
You remind me of someone.
>he turns to go down a hallway
We should start looking should we not? Oh, and what's you name, son?

Tastes like... fruit... and alcohol.
It's... not bad.

I like this... this was fun...

I've never stopped to see a planet before... you know just came in to raid them until now...

Damian, sir. Damian Attano of Ordo Hereticus
>the man is 28 years tops
Would you care for some amasec, sir?
That may-or may not-be mixed with some herbs I knicked from a Slaaneshi raid?

Right... This is most unusual, trooper...

Nonetheless now that you have learnt to walk with the armor you must run and learn to fire a gun with it.

>briefly considering taking a sip, Ron pauses
Lotta Hereticus. I'm Chronos myself.
>Ron shakes his head
I'll pass on the drink. Would be wasted on me. I'm Ronaud Gerard Laroque. Call me Ron.

>he can't help but smile
Good. If you want I'll pour you a glass.

I really think there should be a training course for this armor. Like an obstacle course or something.

Yes Mi'lord!
>Isabelle would nod her head enthusiastically.

>Malak would give the new "trainee" a smack to the leg with his foot.

Hey. Ignore the Commissar giving that suit of power armour a headpat, Trainee. You've got bigger things to worry about. Like making sure your gear is set, before we deploy.

My gear is always set, for there is always something that needs killing somewhere.

>he sips and smiles
My father and i used to take trips like theese,
they are some of my brightest memories..

I wanted to do one with you, since perhaps we would never have another chance like this..
>he takes a picture and looks at it
>he gives it to her
>on the picture Kara and Peepers are smiling with the city's biggest monument behind them