Why are they so perfect bros?

Why are they so perfect bros?

because if you do right by them they will do right by ye

Because they are a very appealing very strong archetype that is at once both fantastical and empathetic.

There is a reason dwarves have the least variable definition of all the Tolkien races, they're the strongest conceptually

Please stop posting the pictures of my wife.

Fuck those look badass.

dark ages fantasy armor > late medieval fantasy armor

Because their well-rounded diet makes them steadfast and reliable friends, and not fickle little pussies.

>empathetic
lol

As in "it's easy to imagine being a dwarf"

Ew. Maybe the problem is your hygiene then?

Thats a grudge

They have qualities that appeal to average nerd and don't threaten them like elves or orcs.

They also tend to have no personality beyond a few beard/axe/beer/gold jokes and so nerds find it easy to roleplay them.

Lastly, their traditional negative traits tend to get massively downplayed, so they come off as a mary sue race, and nerds love their mary sues (the only thing they love more than mary sues is screaming at other peoples' mary sues).

in b4 elffag accusations

They are most like the people who play RPG's and Wargames.

Because most games who have them are about dungeon crawling, and dwarves fit the themes of dungeon crawling in basically every way.

On this note, I'm actually trying to run a game where most "traditional" dwarves are suspicious, stubborn, clannish assholes (but are a necessary evil given that they're the only race that knows how to smith magic into items.)

Any advice for bringing that out?

Side note: Why aren't more dwarves portrayed with spears/reach weapons? Axes and hammers require you to bring your weapon down on the opponent, something dwarves might have trouble with.

Soviet Union, especially in cold war times.

Yeah, axes are pretty fucking fantastic.
Pic related: it's my axefu.

So, like, pole hammers and pole axes?

That would be cool, though I guess those are traditionally more for anti-cavalry. Maybe some kind of shortspear, or maybe even just a longsword would make a lot more sense for dwarves being able to effectively use it.

Dwarfs would probably use some variation of awlpikes and voulges

Industry. Forging, logging, mining, etc. One of these days you'll find a Dwarf who fights with money, connections, oil or stocks..

Can't to stomach any banter isn't very bro like.

>One of these days you'll find a Dwarf who fights with money, connections
Where do whores go? Through the Hoe-door.

DAO already did it, kind of, dwarven runesmithing is one of the main sources of magic items, dwarves sit on the one material that can be used for making magical items, and they're an elective monarchy where people are literally murdering themselves in the streets over politics and a large minority of dwarves are considered non-people.

Ironically, they're already heavily Russian-inspired. Guess I'll crank it up to 11.

I've been meaning to do a playthrough of that for ages, but I've never really had a reason. Guess I have my excuse now.

Honest question:

Why would you use such a bad drawing to depict such an awesome race?

But they're not.

They keep digging too deep

Forget about that trope, dwarfs do never anything wrong.

Back in Moria, we wuz kangs!

We bad

Not to mention that most dwarven warfare might take place in constricted tunnels beneath the earth. I imagine dwarf weaponry would be a mix of polearms and spears built for combat and improvised mining and smithing equipment like pickaxes and hammers.

This is why they are usually depict as being on the verge of extinction.