Your party discoveres a feral girl sleeping nude sleeping with her bear family...

Your party discoveres a feral girl sleeping nude sleeping with her bear family. Will you leave her be or bring her back to her people?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/09/101220-chimpanzees-play-nature-nurture-science-animals-evolution/
redalyc.org/pdf/2710/271032955001.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Leave her and come back in a few years our party needs a barbarian

Bears are worth some xp, we kill them and leave her alone unless she seems strong enough to be worth xp. Otherwise let her grow in strength until she will be worth xp.

You mention that the girl is nude but what about the bears? Do they have anything of value?

Kill the bears, take the girl along as a sex slave/packmule and sell her at the nearest city.

Druid speaks with bears, explains them that raised like this girl wouldn't belong to either world and takes her in as an apprentice.

He also attunes the forest around to protect her family.

We have a good GM.

I cast polymorph bear to loving family.

Then I loot the family.

The bears are nude, too.

>not polymorphing the girl into a bear

> When first post is also actually the best post.

>bear family

Fuck that, I'm going to try and join. I want my own bear family.

The responses are: Recruitment, ruthless mercenary XP gathering, ruthless mercenary money grubbing, murder and human trafficking, a single heartwarming response, creative ruthless mercenary money grubbing and potential human trafficking, role reversal, attempt to fuck with the GM's game.

Yeah, this is a pretty Veeky Forums thread.

Unless she's in danger or I was hired by her family to find her, I'm going to leave that shit alone.

Sounds like she already is with her people.

What I do is come back out here every so often to teach the girl language, so that I can explain to her the situation. That way I can give her the choice of whether she wants to give the human world a try or no. Even if she refuses, knowing how to speak some common is never going to be a bad thing for her. Might save her life someday.

If she is happy like she is, no need to intervene.

Leave the girl, befriend the bears. Start a traveling circus.

remove her before winter when she would die from being unable to hibernate.

she can't hibernate tho

also bears do the single mom+ 1 litter thing, so only have to take out one bear. can turn the skin into a coat for the nude girl.

See how far gone she is by trying to have a conversation with her, but ultimately leave her alone. Unlike muh fiction, feral children tend to have severe developmental disabilities due to missing critical development stages in early childhood and are often unable to learn how to do things such as learn to speak a language or use a toilet. They don't understand social norms and rarely go on to have a successful adult life because of their extreme difficulties integrating with human society. Kids who had a normal development period and then went feral can be somewhat recuperated, especially if they've only been with the animals for a couple years.

You'd essentially be saddling yourself with a mentally retarded child.

There's a lot of case studies about them if you ever want to read up on them. Most of the recent ones come out of India and Eastern Europe, but it tends to be pretty horrific stuff because there's often child abuse or neglect involved.

>injecting this much realism into a game

Shit dude, some people just like telling cool stories with cool characters, not analyzing every shitty facet of the horror diorama that is real life.

Is she mating with papa bear? If yes, is she already cub-bearing? Were-bears or half-ursin hybrids? Can we recruit some?

While I'm at it.

What people hope they're getting with feral children:
>the Wild Girl of Songi (1731). This is the only case of a child having survived 10 years in the forests and the only feral child who succeeded in a complete intellectual rehabilitation, having learned to read and to write.
>Traian Căldărar (2002). Roma child born in Poland; he lived for three years with wild dogs in the wilderness. Now he is a "normal" child who likes football and mathematics.
>Oxana Malaya (1990s). Ukrainian girl who bonded with dogs and imitated their behaviour. For five years, until she was 8 years old, Oxana Malaya was neglected by her alcoholic parents and lived with dogs. When she was found by state authorities she was not able to talk, ran around on all fours barking, slept on the floor, she ate and took care of her hygiene like a dog. Upon adulthood, Oxana has been taught to subdue her dog-like behavior, she learned to speak fluently and intelligently, she works at a farm milking cows, but remains somewhat intellectually impaired.

What they usually get:
>Genie, (1970). American girl confined to one room and abused by her father for 13 years. Her father only allowed her to be strapped to a toilet or immobilized in a crib, forbade any members of the family from speaking to, touching, or feeding her.
>Natasha, (2009), 5-year-old Russian girl who spent her entire life locked in a room with cats and dogs, and no heat, water, or sewage system. When she was found, she could not speak, would jump at the door and bark as caretakers left, and had "clear attributes of an animal".
>Vanya Yudin, (2008). 7-year-old Russian boy found who spent his entire life living in a tiny two bedroom apartment surrounded by birds. His mother never spoke to him and treated him as a pet, and when found he was unable to communicate except for chirping and flapping his arms like wings.

You can say 'they only lived with them for 2-3 years' and have them recover most functions.

Addendum:
You could also have the child be past most of their basic developmental milestones prior to living with the animals. That makes recuperating easier as well.

That's fucking tragic. The parents responsible for this should be executed.

Both of Genie's parents were arrested. Her father committed suicide and the charges of child abuse pressed against her mother were dropped because her husband allegedly beat her severely and frequently enough that she was incapable of doing anything because she was in constant fear for her life. The mother was also legally blind, which was seen as a factor in her inability to acquire help. (Whether or not this is a suitable defense is up to you.)

It's hard to find followup on the Eastern European cases because I can't read Russian, but I presume police action was involved in those cases as well.

What happened to the bears? Who stole their fur? Are these exotic hairless bears? How much are they worth?

All the edge and retardation in this thread makes me sad. Are we really no better than this? For shame tg for shame.

Dude, opposable thumbs kick ass. Who wouldn't want in on that?

By the way, Genie is 13 years old in that picture, standing at 4 ft 6 in (1.37 m) and weighing 59 pounds (27 kg). Malnourishment will fuck you up.

If their pelts were stolen then it was probably skinwalkers. If they're exotic bears you could sell them to nobility for pets for a decent sum.

Are these cases of echopraxia?

We take the girl back to the Watch Fortress and give her to Inquisitor for adoption

WHY HAVE NONE OF YOU POSTED THIS!?

In the vast majority of cases I would say it's imitative learning. They don't have human figures in their lives who are emotionally close enough to them to clearly imitate, so they model their behavior after the animals in their lives instead. Echopraxia is what's considered "automatic imitation" because it's an involuntary behavior the pts have no control over. It's a basic feature of Tourette's and is visible in other mental disorders such as schizophrenia and autism spectrum disorders.

There could be instances of feral child pts who had a disorder associated with echopraxia and were mirroring their animals, but given that they tend to continue displaying animal behavior either for the rest of their lives or for a significant time after being removed from that environment, I think it's reasonable to assume that situation is rare at best in modern cases.

Imitative Learning
>That seems like the thing I should be doing, so I'll do it

Automatic Imitation/Echopraxia
>I do it because I can't help it

Leave her be. I just couldn't bear to separate them.

The last few times a child was raised by animals, a Pterodactyl family and Gargoyles respectively, they went on to become two of the greatest heroes the world has ever seen.
Of course we are getting in on this.

We are making note of where this is and coming back the moment we get the chance.
We'll bring someone who knows Bear to translate, we'll build her whole family a shelter, teach her to speak and with her family's blessing, get her a proper education.
We'll also teach her and her family to fight and who knows, in a decade's time she may very well be the next savior of the world.

Or she may just be leading the bear civil rights movement.

Either way, she'll make the world a better place.

Basically. See if Mr. Berrington can talk to her. I heard he can speak Bear.

>Dog has bite marks

Still gets me, every time.

Take her with us, forcefully if needed.

Especially after being lost in the wild for so long she immediately needs psychological help and contact to other human beings. Also a medical checkup and a slow introduction to civilization. It would be cruel to leave a girl in the reach of dangerous animals and don't give her the chance to integrate into society.

Actually this was a lie and we'd just kill the bears and sell her into slavery.

I bet he can. He is a man of many talents!

I take her in, educate and raise her as my own.
And I defend her with my life.

Neither, I roll perception to look for the bare necessities.

To me, the bears are her people. Leave them be if they aren't on my way.

I attempt to trade four goats to her bear father to take her as my wife.

Nigga, if my players take interest in an NPC, especially benign sort of interest, i'm not gonna pull "haha gotcha" on them without explicitly warning them.

Besides, raised by bears and then taken in for world-saving/world-"saving" heroes is, like, prime protagonist material. You can't just throw out shit like that.

One of characters in a game i GMed was an apprentice of our old PC, played by another player. That was a really good plot and setting hook which wouldn't have happened if i just went "lmao you unfreezed him but he already suffocated".

It just occurred to me that in this day and age the 'yes, and?' would make the professor a Tumblr hero for not assuming the child's gender based on his sex.

I'm going to to lay down.

>They don't understand social norms and rarely go on to have a successful adult life because of their extreme difficulties integrating with human society.

y-yeah, can you even imagine

>ywn sleep in a big cuddle pile of fuzzy bears

Know true despair and perish

The bear looks at you with disappointment.

The standard fare is FIVE goats, seriously, are you trying to swindle a bear?

>bears that aren't a threat are worth xp
>thinking I even award the xp for the kills

The bear knows nothing of negotiation. I started low with the expectation of him haggling for more. He is not aware, but I was willing to go up to nine goats. I offer six goat and a bonus two salmon as apology.

>the bears are civilised and sentient
>biggest bear starts roaring
>a human translator in ornate livery runs in and says that prince is very unhappy with you disturbing his family and looking at his daughter

I inspect her soul. If she's supernatural I'll take her with me. If not, who gives a fuck?

>The dog has bite marks on his rump
How have I never noticed that before?

>It just occurred to me that in this day and age the 'yes, and?' would make the professor a Tumblr hero for not assuming the child's gender based on his sex.
Kids are really good at expressing their gender early before they know anything about sex, genitals, or even gender roles. If you try to force something that doesn't work for the kid, they will resist.

A case study that may be of interest to you: There was an Indian boy named Ramachandra who grew up by the river (frogs? crocodiles? the world may never know) who was found around age 12 and they attempted to reintegrate him into society. When he entered puberty, he attempted to make an advance on a woman who was terrified of him and she dumped boiling water on him, ultimately killing him.

>If you try to force something that doesn't work for the kid, they will resist.
Agreed. Kids should be allowed to pursue their interests, whether they're gender-typical or not.

>mfw listening to angry football dads berating their sons for having interest in anything outside sports, motor vehicles, or guns because it's "gay"
>mfw listening to women bragging about how they force their daughters to play with dolls and yell at them when they play with their brothers' trucks or action figures instead

The days when I have too much for the 15 items or less checkout are a brief interlude into hell.

kill girl, fuck bear, marry cave.

>Kids are really good at expressing their gender early before they know anything about sex, genitals, or even gender roles. If you try to force something that doesn't work for the kid, they will resist.
No they are not. What the hell are you even talking about?
"Gender" as you and the previous poster mean it, is 100% social. That means they aren't born with it.

She is with her people, user.

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/09/101220-chimpanzees-play-nature-nurture-science-animals-evolution/
There are natural predispositions, but of course they can be overturned by social conditioning.

Even the idea that dolls are for girls is social in the first place.

I repeat, kids are in no way "good at expressing their gender", they don't HAVE one.

This is a medieval setting. She's probably safer with bear senpai than in your average rural village. Move on.

We must provide them with clothes, quickly! Lest their shame drive them to rampage!

I take her back to my camp, and set her down gently in my bearskin blanket. When she wakes up I tell her she doesn't have to come with us, but she can't leave untll she finishes a whole bowl of eggs

>Guns
>Not gay

those football dads have never been to /k/

You think that someone taught the chimps that dolls were for girls? The point of the article is that the girls were imitating their mothers using sticks instead of babies. Nobody had to teach them to imitate their mothers.

Did you pay attention much in psychology? Children's development is certainly less sexual than Freud believed but more sexual than you'd like.

Veeky Forums has a habit of turning a lot of stuff gay as hell. Like Veeky Forums.

There may be a sexual predisposition to nurturing or something of the like, but that is irrelevant since we're discussing a term that is defined by excluding the biological component in the first place.

No one taught the chimpanzee anything, but someone did teach you that playing with dolls is related to the female gender.

The problem i have with this, is people thinking that young children have some kind of prebuilt gender in them. A boy may be sensitive and like playing with dolls, and that doesn't imply anything, it only becomes gender related when the people around him attribute it to that.

>they don't HAVE one
Yes they do. Not understanding social norms doesn't protect you from them, it starts very early

What i mean is they aren't born with it.

Fags who think gender is fluid.

>if D&D, you can just cast Speak with Animals and every animal is a smart well-adjusted person who likes to talk!

The bounty said "25 gold for every bear pelt". Guess her pelt will have to do.

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves campaign.

That's completely wrong. For example, studies showed children of both sex before 3-4 yo have no specific preference about toys and will play with both cars and dolls if free to choose.
Later, gender roles get formated by their parents and society, but it's not a natural state at all.

This is not what happens with humans.
redalyc.org/pdf/2710/271032955001.pdf
Children have no gendered toy preference, they pick from both side if they get to choose.

>Unlike muh fiction
Oh yes, because what happens in tabletop rpgs are real events that involve real people, and are in no way fictitious whatsoever. Doofus.

The conclusion doesn't support your statement
>"children's preferences are quiet gendered"
>"girls who are exposed to androgenic hormones prior to birth show predisposition towards gender atypical play"
It's more complicated than just "gender has no biological basis". Again I'm not saying there's no social component even, just that you're not going to be able to separate the psychology from it's biological roots.

>get blanket
>tuck them all in

screw that adopt the lot, girl, bears and all and proceed to go on jolly adventure, By the Campaigns end i swear i will have the most dapper adventure group ever conceived.

Party tank would probably accidentally kill the bears thinking she's in trouble, party rogues would want to sell the furs, and I'm secretly an agent of a devil, so I'd insist that we take the girl in with the ulterior motive of making her my servant/bonding her soul to that of the yugoloth in my tainted Bag of Tricks/make her my back-up body/pass my pact on to her when the party figures out that I'm actually evil now.

Came here to make sure this was posted.

>complete intellectual rehabilitation
>"normal"
>somewhat intellectually impaired

I'd bet money that they can kill, and a guy like you can not. Fucking normies. Get out of Veeky Forums.

>Even the idea that dolls are for girls is social in the first place
The idea that "dolls are for girls" is directly related to their biological function. It's social conditioning to try to train them to be good mothers. It always has been. Boys take interest in things like vehicles and dinosaurs because hunting and building/repairing have been historically male pursuits; i.e. the way to support the mothers. Society in general tends to want to support that and condition it into its' males.

Depends on what you mean by gender and what defines the roles in your current moment in time.
Specific rigid gender roles are a fucking nightmare because of that.

Like, every man in my family from two generations ago was only able to dress himself in work clothes or church clothes, read well enough to read a newspaper and bible passages, drive a car, and work only the specific job he was trained for and the maintenance of things that his dad knew how to fix. They didn't know how to cook, clean, balance their own check books, handle children, show emotion, or have general empathy because those were what codified women. That's why the idea of the "unmarried loser" comes from; any man without a wife basically died in the streets because he couldn't take care of himself. He needed a literal second mother to survive.

>any man without a wife basically died in the streets because he couldn't take care of himself
really makes you think

Seeing as figuring out how to cook myself food labeled me as a faggot by my grandfather and uncles, you may be on to something.

The idea is related to their biological function, but it's not biological, just like your toilet isn't biological even though it's directly related to biology.

>elevating yourself above a trained chimp was once considered feminine
Greatest generation my ass.

My dad basically begged me to learn how to work my own finances because he was always taught the man makes the money and the woman balances. We nearly lost our house when I was a kid because he had no idea what he was doing with mortgages or loans.

Same.

It would've been in the mid 1900s, but in these modern times such an excuse would not fly because unlike the 70s, we fight tooth and nail for the rights of the physically disabled and LGBTs.

Now, I'm sitting here at the back of the line organizing my extensive collection of Thomas the Tank Engine trains because nobody gives a fuck about mental disorders.

The first three are child lost in the woods + survival. The last three are clear cases of imprisonment and torture. There is a real difference between non human interaction(first three) and sadistic dehumanization (last three)

user pls, what could be gay about a long hard tube that violently ejaculates life changing ammunition with extreme prejudice into the soft supple flesh of your fellow living beings? What could be gay about lovingly oiling that gun so that when it gets hot, the surface doesn't crack or chafe? What could be gay about talking about your pe- gun for hours with strangers?

P-Please don't, I'm already too far gone as it is

we're bringing her with us and i'm adopting her. i can speak to bears.

Adopt Bears, eat Kid, sell cave

just kill her and the bears for exp

Alright, we polymorph the bears into bears with opposable thumbs, and the girl (except her thumbs) into a bear.

I point out that this bear wife is a lot smaller, weaker and has much shittier claws and therefore four goats are appropriate.

kill bears, if girl isn't worth enough in the slave market for wathever reason rape girl, take her along as a sex slave/pack mule, if she causes trouble kill the girl. We are roleplaying a bunch of slave hunters, not actually noble people

she hates you for tearing her away from her family for your own selfish and twisted desires.