I'm planning on using white-out on the entry that says devils/demons can use at-will teleport in my book because of how...

I'm planning on using white-out on the entry that says devils/demons can use at-will teleport in my book because of how dumb that rule is.

That doesn't break demons and devils, does it?

Just say that it takes them 10-30 seconds to do it depending on how strong the fiend is

>no ones taking me seriously

I'm serious. It's a dumb rule that's stupid and needs correcting.

>literally whiting it out
Okay you're a dumbass

Why? It's my book, and I can do whatever I want with it.

>>You're a dumbass for scratching a dick into your car's hood
>It's my car, I can do whatever I want with it
Doesn't make you less of a dumbass.

>being this desperate for (you)s

It sounds more like you're the "dumbass" who's triggered that I'm editing what I see as a gigantic error on the part of WOTC.

And I like how you purposely picked the most forced equivalent you could think of to try and use as a pathetically baby-ish insult, it would be more akin to me putting decals on my car.

Not him, but I mean, you can just tell your players you're house-ruling a bit instead of damaging your ludicrously overpriced rulebook

>be playing 3.5
>almost ready to deliver the final killing blow to a Balor
>DM says it "vanishes out of sight"
>denies our lower-level party from getting tons of exp from it
>session devolved into a half hour long argument about using Greater Teleport

God speed you autist, fuck that ability, and fuck the fucking fucker who put it in.

>ludicrously over-priced book

It's worth 30$ at most. What are you talking about?

and out of print, this cunt is still playing 3.5

If you beat it (made it retreat) you earn the XP

>have lamp
>smash lightbulb to turn it off
It's your lamp and you can do whatever you want with it, but now you can never turn it on again you dumbass you're right about the rule tho

You realize you can remove white out with windex right?

Not like he used something actually stupid, like a permanent marker.

For the sake of argument, why do you see the ability as broken? I always just took it as part of how evil outsiders functioned in the default D&D world. That's why killing high-level evil outsiders is an impressive feat, requiring additional planning beyond "just keep hitting it". You need to use Dimensional Anchor, or bring it into an AMF, or use a magic sword which suppresses its ability to flee, or goad it into continuing to fight. It's just another aspect of the encounter.

Okay, that's just your DM being an asshole. It may have been fair for it to flee, but if the party nearly killed a Balor to the point where it flees with a sliver of health, and the battle is done after that, then the party still "won" and should get at the very least partial xp for beating the thing.

>you can never turn it on again

>That's why killing high-level evil outsiders is an impressive feat

Really? I thought it was because they had tons of special abilities and resistances/immunities.

>requiring additional planning beyond "just keep hitting it".

There's so much wrong with this sentence. First off, you're going to have them using their special abilities, which means you're going to have to plan for a lot more than just beating it in combat, but also making sure you can bypass its immunities/resistances, and also recover or avoid its spells/spell-like abilities.

>or use a magic sword

You essentially need that anyway if you want to kill it.

>You need to use Dimensional Anchor

And what if no one in your party is a wizard or a sorcerer?

Technically, a high-ranking demon with telepathy to the demon could still "summon" it back to where it was originally.

>And what if no one in your party is a wizard or a sorcerer?

>I always just took it as part of how evil outsiders functioned

>only a select few creatures have it

I can see someone like Asmodeus or Demogorgon having it, but giving that ability to a Babua? It's like, anything above a CR of 3 has Greater Teleport. It makes running into encounters with them annoying because they'll usually just teleport out. It's like a girl riding you for half an hour and then leaving before you finish.

>he's never played in a game where someone wasn't a sorcerer or wizard

Jesus, that sounds boring as fuck.

As you describe, high-level evil outsiders have powerful and diverse kits which require players to play and plan around. The teleportation is just another part of that kit.

Also, at least in 3.P, demon-demon summoning is pretty unreliable unless it's the head-honchos (Balors, etc.) doing the summoning, and even then they can't control what specific individual they summon (They summon a Succubus and get a random succubus, not the specific imperiled one). Even if the higher-up did secure some consistent way to summon back their subordinate (levels in Sorcerer to get Planar Binding?), I'm pretty sure most sensible DMs would rule a Dimensional Anchor or similar effect would block that as well.

>the teleportation is just another part of that kit

Disregarding all aspects of meta-play, involving its affects on players, and player/DM relations, it's still a very arbitrary ability that's only given to the enemies that players will want to fight, which I assume WotC knew, and so tried to plan ahead in a way of stopping players from always fighting every single one.

Secondly, giving high ranking demons/devils the "Gate" at will ability, would be FAR more balanced, because then they would need to literally open the gate way to where they wanted to go, and walk through it.

Fucking pussy. 1st and 2nd D&D any Demons/Devils gated in could still use THEIR gate powers.

Learn to adapt to tough situations you fucking pleb.

>at will Gate ability

That's actually a really nice alternative. I might write that in over the white out instead.

>1st and 2nd D&D any Demons/Devils gated in could still use THEIR gate powers.

Big whoop.

>he's a collector

>editing what I see as a gigantic error on the part of WOTC
It's 3.X, there's a LOT more you need to white out.

hey it's your game. if it doesn't fit in your campaign, don't use it.

Not really. I mean, what would we do about teleporting enemies without one?
There's a reason you don't go all martials.