This is your party

>This is your party

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ja68qSFBPMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks pretty cool.

I'm not in the loop, though. Is this one of those pro-gay shows that isn't actually pro-gay but Veeky Forums hates it because someone told them it was pro-gay

I need to know whether or not I should think it looks cool.

This is fine.
What show is this?

Star vs the Forces of Evil. I think. I remember seeing the demon chick with the fire head on a post that had something to do with it, so probably.

Star vs the Forces of Evil.

/co/ seems to like it quite a bit.

It is

Just like the show, my party got wiped in a few still frames and we're now rolling new characters

Is very pro-gay, and I don't mean for the homosexuals, I mean it for how they hold hands and close eyes while kissing, that's super gay even between heterosexuals.

I'm in, either for playing with or GMing.

>All get one shot
>Cleric uses true resurrection 3 times, killing himself
>2 of the rezzies get killed again

nah, nothing like steven jewniverse. like a mix between gravity falls and the powepuff girls. not perfect, but has a lot going or it.

apparently there were some same-sex kissing going on in one of the episodes but no one really noticed

They were fighting a guy who had absorbed the knowledge of the most evil spellcaster in history and was wielding one half of the most powerful magical conduit in the universe, so yeah. Also their cleric was old as fuck and casting from hitpoints, the save-or-suck caster has literally never been in a fight that's lasted longer than a round, and the only one with a BAB and AC worth a shit has had to take levels in sorceror recently due to being forced by tradition to bequeath her spellbook to her daughter.

It was a perfectly timed coup - the MHC was the weakest it had been in decades.

>allaccordingtokeikaku.png

>Is this one of those pro-gay shows that isn't actually pro-gay

No, it's very pro-gay.
Pro-gay faggy little girl drama show.

Who is the save-or-suck caster?

Also that's only 3 of 5 actors.

First season is okay. A lot of executive meddling tries to set the show up as a standard kids show but late season1 and all of Season 2 are all great and totally in the hands of the creator.

I'm going to give it a solid recomendation. Try to make it past the intro and first episode. It gets way better. Highlights from season 1 are in episode order.

School Spirit
Monster Arm
Mewberty
Blood Moon Ball
>Fortune Cookies
St. Olga's Reform school for wayward princesses
>Mewnipendance Day
>Storm the castle

Meme arrows indicate plot important episodes.

It is my new favorite show and I annoy the fuck out of my friends trying to get them into it. If you dig animation it is the new show to watch in western animation. Never has a "children's" cartoon elicited as much emotion from me as the last 3 episodes of season 2. If you're worried it's too girly or too kiddy it is not. It's does a pretty good job of being gender neutral and is filled with very subtle adult referneces. Lots of anime and nerd references too. Season 2 finale even had a Dark Souls reference.

New PPG or original PPG?

My guess is it's the guy with snake hands who encases people in crystal.

I'm bad with names.

I want to be the giant ghost skull.

Why do I instantly think of tumblr retards when I see this?

The fuck have they changed for the new ppg? The old was really solid and did the whole 'girl power' thing quite well. What would johnny brave be like on AS?

It's just a classic example of 'meddling retards miss the point of what made the original good, apply their own 'fresh new spin' ideas and end up with a shitheap that looks even shittier because the original exists'

user, I need to know more. You have me worried. PPG was one of my little sister's favorite shows as a kid and I enjoyed them a fair bit too as another super hero cartoon and am saddened to hear the reboot has probably fucked it up.

>Lots of anime and nerd references too. Season 2 finale even had a Dark Souls reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ja68qSFBPMQ

Probably because tumblr loves western animation.

Granted they love anime too, but still.

>All townspeople and new villains are ill-fitting tumblr character. Practically every background character looks like it's from a different show.
>Ms. Bellum is the Mayor.
>Internet Meme references, including the infamous Bubbles doing the "no me gusta" face
>A scene where the girls twerk
>For some reason they now have Green Lantern-esk light projection powers?

Homogenous post-Adventure Time noodle arm art style. It's in everything these days.

>Ms. Bellum is the Mayor.
Wrong, she's removed completely.

This is what I mean by 'missing the point.'
She was a hyper competent individual, a foil for the idiot mayor, a smart female role model for the girls, and a source of comedy

But she was removed because 'UGH big tiddies are misogynist!'

The only misogyny there is trivializing that character as 'big tiddies' and deleting her from existence, but like I said, the people in charge of the reboot are totally oblivious as to what the selling points of the original show were.

You know when you say
>This is your party
I hear
>This is your Villian

I know nothing about what's going on.

But I think we can make this work. Alright kids, adventure awaits.

Fun fact: Just found out today Star was originally pitched to CN, but was turned down in favor of the PPG reboot.

That's disgusting. But I'm Glad they did. Other than being XD they've been treating Star vs. right. Unlike CN's wierd ass scheduling and obession with garbage.

No, It's in the Season2 Finale
when Moon fights resurrected Toffee/Ludo in her Mewberty(butterfly) form she makes a light sword that looks suspiciously like the moonlight butterfly horn.

Also wtf is that reaction face supposed to mean?

>who's the save-or-suck caster?

Rhombulus. Glossaryck is, so far, the only one we've seen to actually beat the DC.

Hekapoo and Omni are probably just rusty.

Rhomby at his peak could freeze a black hole
his crystals were weak at the moment, being like rock candy instead of diamonds

The only reason I've ever disliked what little I've seen is that in the run up to the show coming out it was billed as a magical girl show, as in Sailor Moon or Cardcaptor Sakura, and it wasn't like either of those at all.

why are you even asking this question

What system, though? Inb4 GURPS or FATAL

it is kind of a western version of a magical girl show

It has never come off like that to me, can't even say that the romance aspects make it magical girl because every other Western cartoon seemingly has that now. The only thing I can possibly see is that it's less in the Sailor Moon mold and more in what proceeded where the only requirements are a girl that uses magic.

It got the same treatment Teen Titans did with "Go". Its just cheaper to push out a shitastic no budget version of the show with a few fart jokes and D-List writing and depend on nostalgia value/Child stupidity to move merchandise

And here's the .gif

Toffee really sold me on this show.

FUCK

martials and casters shouldnt get along this well

Toffee is a pretty cool villain, but I also like
The approach they went with Ludo. He went from childish brat comic relief to a crazy threatening hobo that prooves himself capable of leading. It kind of gets thrown away when glosseryk comes into play, but levels out near the end. I just kind of wish there was more time with him, but whatever.

Agreed. The scene where we meet his family, and pic related, really demonstrate how far he's come.

there is like a cross dressing episode and marco seems to be needlessly feminine but TRAPS ARE NOT GAY HE HAS A FEMININE PENIS

She wants his magic wand.

>This is your party
No, THIS is my party.

No

Its a show about cuck-queens