Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1367: DANGER DANGER HIGH VOLTAGE edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6BgQs9ay-Xs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Hard_Day's_Night_(film)
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SaveThePrincess
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jumpers, how often do you try to take over the world?

There's also one in Dodgeball, I believe.

Reposting this for anyone who missed it.

My current agenda is:
>Kamen Rider Heisei Part 4: Blade
>Kamen Rider Heisei Part 5: Hibiki
>Kamen Rider Heisei Part 7: Den-O and Kiva
>Final Fantasy I

With Faiz in Kamen Jumper's hands. I wanna see how much of this I can get done in one week. Most trouble I'm going to have with Blade is the perks. Suggestions on backgrounds or what to use for Drop-In? Was tempted to use a 'Blank Deck' version of the Rider System for Drop-In, or base it off of Chalice.

Long story short, it's all comedy stuff until Ikari shows up. You'll want to book it out of town when the school festival starts to come around.

In a setting of humor and slapstick, Ikari is the deathly serious guy who will start to stack bodies like sandbags and change the genre if it means getting what he wants. Also unless you're a god, going to the divine realm will instantly gib you. Which is why you should avoid the festival as that is exactly what he plans to do.

Does all of the Peripheral and Personal Essence you gain in the Exalted Jumps from all the various Exaltation you acquire stack?

how stronk can you get in the 10 years you are in GoH if you have a new eras of martial arts and jumper jin?

Assuming that's all you have? I'd guess you could get strong enough to at least give Taijin a good fight, if not defeat him. That's strong enough to defeat most High Gods if you're in prime condition and your taboo is broken.

I believe the official response on this is fanwank something that makes sense for you.
In case you don't feel like doing that one of the given suggestions was that peripheral essence does stack, but personal doesn't.
It really just depends on how you run stacking since that whole thing is "official" house rules.

Every single Jump

Every week, like a proper Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain.

Well Drop In should probably be based off Chalice. THen we have BOARD Member, for btoh Blade and garren, a third for Civilian's coerced or tricked into being riders like in the case of Leangle, Lance& Larc, the obligatory Undead Background.

As a suggestion for the Jumper Drivers; you may want to consider using the older suites such as Sword, Cup, Rod and Coin or Rose, Bell, Acorn and Shield, or maybe Tarot Card instead since the standard suites (Spades, Clubs, Heart and Diamond) where originally part of the Minor Arcana.

Yes. I think there's Weather Control Stones/Orbs in one of the Final Fantasy jumps? Plus any D&D or similar jump should offer the opportunity to craft/steal one.

As to whether just magpie-ing one would work, that depends on how you fanwank local magic/tech systems working across jumps in your chain.

... and now I've just imagined a mountain-sized monster chowing down on burgers until it barfs all over the country. Ew.

Only if the folks are worth redeeming and I honestly think I can do a better job.

Get that perk from Street Fighter and mix them together. Then mix them with all your other energies. Spam PDs all day every day.

Are there any perks that would let you pull and invading telepath into your personal mindscape or something?

Psychonauts has something for that sort of.

Is there a way to teleport small islands to various random places in the world in case I'm found or do I have to make a spell all by myself to do it? I really want to have a quiet island life.

Kingdom Hearts has one, I think.

The spell is the least of your worries. If you just randomly teleport an island like that, it'll just sink when it lands in the new spot.

Just use an island that naturally floats. There's a couple of them out there.

Some sort of topography based Stand, maybe awakened or requiem depending on how crazy you want to get.

Also you'll displace massive amounts of water on both ends of the teleport, probably causing natural disasters.

Well it's not really teleporting, but Sidereals have a charm to move land around. You'd need to walk, but you can probably walk on water no problem right?

Well that's a horse of a different color, but it is doubtful the island in question naturally floats.

Generally magic would take care of displacement issues like this, but yeah, if you're lazy with your spell this could be an additional issue.

I think that both of these concerns should be folded into the "is there a way to teleport isands around". Accidently destroying your tropical resort doesn't exactly fit with a quite island life and honestly if you're at a point where you're shifting the geography and redrawing maps, then you're at a point where you can deal with the secondary effects

Leangle could work as Drop In path, both because thematically he's just a random person off the streets, and because his summoning tricks really fall outside the usual abilities of Riders. Maybe mix in some of the Director's stuff to flesh it out more. Chalice I don't care for as Drop In template because it seems much more appropriate to have his stuff be in an Undead origin.

I like both of those ideas... Also a build for you HeavensAnon!

Disgaea DLC!
CP: 0000
Storming the Castle
Dimensional Flux [+300]
Designed by G.G. [+200]
Like A Rogue, Right? [+100]
Choo, Choo! [+200]
Worst Fan Club Ever [+200]

Rivals
Sardia the Demonslayer (DEFINITELY!) [+200]
Heroes of Justice! [+200]
Deathbringer the Ultimate Overlord [+200]
Asagi [+500]

Well Now What [+600]
Clean That Mess Up! [-100]
Loot! Loot! Loot! [-100]
Ten Hut! [-200]
It’s A Secret To Everybody! [-]
Jumper! We need to Cook! [-200]
Who Let the Wargs Out? [-200]
Murder Holes [-100]
Pull The Lever! [-100]

Netherworld Upgrades
Daylight Robbery & First National Bank of Jumper [-300]
Steaming Pile & Give a Hoot! [-300]
Gold in Them Hills! [-200]
Amber Waves [-200]

So the thing about this is that Overlord Priere is the kind of person I wanna help. So I take the time to join up with all my Rivals, save the Heroes of Justice as they wouldn't take the fact that I was an Unlosing Ranger Prinny and thus on the side of Justice, as we fought I made kept everyone well away from her save for Sardia, who as a Knight could tank a hit or two before needing healing. We then took the tried and true method of talking to our foes during combat. This takes a while, seriously Priere is a combat monster moving faster than the eye at point and she tanks some heavy hits. Even one from Deathbringer, who in fact doesn't automatically one shot you but does a sick amount of damage and caused the Overlord to bounce off the walls for more than a minute. In the end however it is the logic of appealing to her past and perhaps her future that allows us to survive her power. As a side note I used up all of my extra lives on times she fucking one-shot me (T_T)!

One character in Order of the Stick (who, at the time, had several epic level spellcasters spliced to their soul, but they were able to do it casually so if you can cast epics it shouldn't be a problem) was able to teleport an entire fleet of ships with one spell. Shouldn't be too had to repurpose for an island.

so do I retro continuity the DLC in or do I take it now?

Hero BBS

The Secon d True Magic from Fate, but only the CP version. Extella introduced some serious nerfs to the TMs in general.

>Extella introduced some serious nerfs to the TMs in general.
???

A bunch of shit people had extrapolated assuming an infinite multiverse got slapped down by the TM multiverse being very finite.

People took Fate/Stay and ran with it thinking they knew better than Nasu, then Nasu decided to play with his franchise and everybody that believed in what they made up out of Fate/Stay got royally fucked.

Well that's lame, what's the point of having a finite multiverse anyway?

From an author's perspective, a finite multiverse is much easier to write for than an infinite multiverse. From a content user's perspective it's the other way around.

Because universal trimming is a plot point now.

It's a lot more unique and can tell some fairly new stories. I mean it fits much better with the theme of human struggle being meaningful that permeates the Nasuverse then just having to go one dimension over to find where they all died.

Ladies and Gentlemen! Heroes of all stripes! The Princess is dead! Long live the Princess!

Seriously now, I wish to show that I have not vanished or abandoned this project but continue to strive to make it an excellent piece of work for this community.

The Generic Princess Rescue Gauntlet is still a WIP, but moving ever faster towards completion.

I have completely revamped ALL of the intro text, the various Drawbacks, and completely renovated the Skills section. I will also be adding Signature Items as nods to all the most famous Princess Rescuers. If anyone has any suggestions for that section, I would be quite happy to hear them, as I am running a little low in that department.

Additionally, the Princess Profiles have been revised to be easier to read.

Work left to be done:
Signature Items to be filled in
The Princesses Section still needs to be written in acceptable detail
28 more Princess Profiles to be added
The Various Endings and Rewards for completing the Gauntlet have been planned, but need to be written out fully.

So, much work to be done, but I have much free time on my hands in the coming weeks, so expect excellent progress to be made.

As always, I will take all questions, comments, and suggestions seriously.

For most people? Having a finite multiverse or an infinite multiverse doesn't affect them. Fate's just another piece of media they digest. It's really only diehard fanboys who thinks they should be the writers of Type Moon that get pissed because Nasu isn't writing his series the way they want him to. Well them and jumpchain.

It seems pretty fun. I'm looking forward to it.

what sort of princesses will the other 28 might be?

Gauntlets don't typically take away practiced skills. It's fine to take away perks and magic, but don't take away practiced skills that one has gotten from regular training.

Cool, you're still working on this. I wait in shivering anticipation for it's completion.

Welp, it's confirmed. Red leaked the bit that Herculanon was working on CD because she "hates SB, and [she hates] this community full of entitled powerwankers. We don't need more Xianxia jumps to make everything else irrelevant."

No one wants your rule-breaking lewd shit, asshole. Fuck off and die.

Post a screencap of the IRC where he says that.

You need the title of the jump and version number in the text of the jump.

>[You have been reduced to your Body Mod form.][No items, no powers, no mundane skills.]
>no mundane skills
Just no. there comes a point where you run into issues of "this the person in the jump even you anymore." mundane skills really tie into memory and identity.

The intro is really specific for a Generic Rescue The Princess. Like Luke and Hans Solo in Sci-Fi Star Wars is a rescue the princess for example. And so it Escape from New York.

Go see for yourself. Shitstorm just brewed over.

>Go see for yourself
No one actually cares, Timmy.

I'd like to but IRC doesn't keep logs.

Option to make the princesses into princes?

Gonna agree with and on the skills, it's a bit unsporting and seems kinda unfair for not a whole lotta reasons.

If you want to keep the fluff then you may wanna title it something other than Generic Princess Rescuer. We have another psuedo-generic in the form of stuff like Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs
May want to come up with some kind of name for it so it's it's own thing?
Just my suggestion

>Go see for yourself
People don't want to go on your IRC, so stop trying to recruit people for your IRC

>Disgaea 1-D2 1.0.pdf
How about Disgaea 1&2+DLC Jump v1.0.pdf
so people know it has the new DLC included? Right now it is named the same as the version from several month ago without all the new content.

Why thank you. I certainly hope it will be entertaining to all.

I understand that Gauntlets do not normally take away practiced skills, but much of the challenge of this Gauntlet would be lost if a person could retain their skills as a master swordsman or ace Parkour acrobat. I had hoped people would see that.

Well I cannot disclose the full list because it is still in the works, but the firm choices so far include: a gorgon, centaur, three or four elves of various shades and temperaments, a drider/spider based humanoid, a dullahan (assuming I can find an appropriate picture), a demonic-based princess, at least two Humans, and of course the two listed in the Gauntlet already. I also hope to bring a Kobold into the mix, but am having issues finding art that distinguishes itself.

Thank you for your enthusiasm. I will do my best.

If you would just read the document, you would see there is not one hint of lewdness in the entire document. This has been a firm stance from day one in my creation of the project.

That will be included in the section titled The Princesses. I'm leaning towards the name "It's a Trap!" but fear that may be a little cliche. It will be listed as a 0 points Drawback.

I will add in a title and version number, certainly. I am unsure what you would like me to call it other than Generic Rescue the Princess. My initial title was shouted down rather violently, so I am open to suggestions.

If you don't have a cap it didn't happen.
Next time you feel like "enlightening" the masses you're going to want to have evidence.
Telling people to look for themselves is a fools errand. They literally can't do that.

>Kamen Rider Heisei Part 4: Blade
But jumps with the same name as a jumpmaker are supposed to be made by that jumper!

>live footage of IRC
youtube.com/watch?v=6BgQs9ay-Xs

Will do. The issue is sure to resurface soon enough.

The challenge in the gauntlet is that people lost their perks and powers. Don't expect jumpers to touch it ever if you're going to be unfair like that. There's a mix between challenging and unfair, and you crossed the line into unfair.

You might as well just take away the body mod too.

>at least two Humans

You know what the vast majority of princesses who git kidnapped in fiction are? Human. Cutting down on the ratio of monster girls to people would go a long way in showing you're making a generic princess rescuing jump and not a Tower Girls jump with a name change and some OC characters.

hey digger you worked on Disgaea,can I take the DLC after the jump or do I Retroactively continuity it into the jump?

If you don't mind a bit of silliness:

"Love is a Battlefield: A Knight's Tale"

Oh can I be Dan! I want to be DANGER!

It's also just fucking bullshit as a concept.

Are there going to be more drawbacks or is that it?

Jump # 225 Dragon’s Crown
Class: Sorceress
Base Stats: Str: E, Con: D, Int: A, Mgr: S, Dex: B, Luck: A
Perks:
*Pallet Swap (0)
*Sound Track (0)
*Narrator –Morgan Freeman (200)
*Basic Attack (0)
*Create Food (0)
*Concentrate (50, Discount)
*Epic Uhhh… proportions (50)
*Extract (100)
*Mastication Medicine (200)
*Magic Resistance: (200, Discount)
*Curse (200, Discount)
*Gymkata (200)
*Guild (400)
Drawbacks
*Bonus Dungeon Labyrinth of Chaos (+600)

Companions:

Iksander
Class: Fighter
Perks:
*Vitality Boost
*Sacrifice
*Reflect Missiles
*If it ain’t broke

Gatomon & Raine
Class: Amazon
Perks:
*Air
*Iron Will
*Shadow Clones
*If it ain’t broke

Melody, Rose & Bianca
Class: Elf
Perks:
*Rapid fire
*Battle Hardened
*Gymkata
*Shockwave

Rocky the Golem
Class: Dwarf
Perks:
*Punch
*Grand Slam
*Rock Skin

Deneb
Class: Sorceress
Perks:
*Create Food
*Blizzard

So this was kind of fun, though harder than expected. I gave some of my companions who I don’t use as often a chance to shine. It was odd not having my wives and my kids by my side as we adventured (though I swapped them in plenty of times at home). Things started out pretty well and they got going pretty good, we even made it part way through the Labyrinth of chaos… then Tragedy struck. Poor Iksander did his job of protecting us a little too well.

That was the first time I lost a companion. I have to say it made me rethink this plan. He was quickly raised but I was a little shaken… Rain and Deneb also died there… One was just too hot headed and the other was just unlucky again we revived them but I feel I failed them somehow. We managed to free the goddess defeat the dragons and get the dragons crown but I just can’t call this one a win.

The idea of people losing their skills is not set in stone, nor is it a hill I am prepared to defend until my death. If people do feel strongly against the idea, then of course it will be changed.

Again, I have not set the final list down. I have been looking more for the art to inspire the Princess rather than searching out specific images to form Princesses around. More Humans can be found, most certainly. Would 10 of the 30 being Human/Elven be an acceptable ratio?

It made me laugh, so unless a better title comes my way, I shall be using it.

"Love is a Battlefield: A Knight's Tale" has a certain silly, romantic quality to it that I like.

The Princess section that is going to be written next will include a few more Drawbacks linked to the Princesses themselves. Ideas like Combat Shy, Uncooperative, and Clumsy have come to mind.

Though, if you have ideas for additional Drawbacks, I would be happy to consider them.

are retarded.

>I understand that Gauntlets do not normally take away practiced skills, but much of the challenge of this Gauntlet would be lost if a person could retain their skills as a master swordsman or ace Parkour acrobat. I had hoped people would see that.
Only if you are still operating as a Tower Girls expy. The central of the jumpchain is some continuity from one continuity to another.

Part of the problem is you are using basic skills as perks. You need to make some more varied perks here.

Like you could do something like "Good old rock, Nothing beats rock." which makes the old throw something off in the distance to full away the guards nearly always work for a rouge background, or "They're just trying to make a living" for a warrior background, where as long as you don't make it personal, people you have fought won't hold it against you in later meetings. Useful if you are going to be facing them later by rescuing more then one princess, or want to try diplomacy on the guards later on.

Stuff that can be useful in the task at hand, and play into stuff that happens in Rescue the Princesses tales.

This still feels more like towergirls with the numbers filed off than a proper jump/gauntlet yet.

Why is coiling dragon in the uploads? Didn't the maker basically say fuck it with trying to push it here?

How about some drawbacks concerning rivals? One of the interesting things about tower girls was all the different knight archetypes. Maybe have a few of those pop up as combatants trying to rescue the princesses before you or just outright steal them from you.

Because someone felt like putting it there.
Yes the maker did essentially say fuck it.

Because Red wants to cockblock a real jumpmaker and REEEEE'd until it got on?

>Didn't the maker basically say fuck it with trying to push it here?
No, he said fuck you specifically, not the thread.

...Ah, just thought of a better subtitle too.

"Love is a battlefield: A Hard Day's Knight"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Hard_Day's_Night_(film)

Probably the work of a shitposter.

>Red hates high-power jumps
>Red loves high-power jumps
Which is it?
Make up your tiny fucking mind already. Shouldn't be that hard.
No one can take you even remotely seriously if you're this schizo.

Not him, but are you really going to act like only one person was dissatisfied with Bramastra's WIP?

Yes you. Go fuck yourself timmy.

I'm thinking more like 25 out of 30. When it comes to stories about rescuing non-humanoid princesses, you've got Adventure Time and Tower Girls, and that's about it.

You have a vast, vast number of stories where a princess gets kidnapped that you can draw on for inspiration. Here is a list of them: tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SaveThePrincess

So out of all those, what is the harpy princess based on? Tower Girls. What's the golem princess based on? Tower Girls. Hmm. That's quite a pattern!

Maybe you could slide in a few more with a demonic princess to play off the "the princess is actually evil" trope or a green space babe princess for the Sword and Planet genre like John Carpenter of Mars. But having mostly Centaurs and Slime Girls and Golems is not true to the genre you're allegedly trying to replicate.

She wants to block off Coiling Dragon by sending it the way of Vampire Diaries, by making anyone who uses the shit jump open to ridicule.

Just get Brutus to delete the jump or have somebody else do it?

jumpers how many flavors of dere do you possess amongst your companions?

Seriously. This is the route your going to take?

I don't know if it is sadder that you enjoy this kind of idiocy or that you probably don't understand how stupid it really is.

I think he wants some sort of namefag petition to remove bramastra so that he knows which namefags to shitpost at for his MUH PREJUDICE shit. The irony would be beautiful if he's also the same guy that screams at Dirge's jump for being low quality trash.

I for one was not satisfied at all with the jump. I know other Anons complained about it to.

Honestly I'm just sitting here wondering when my mind fractured to have a split personality that runs off to become some kind of Anti-Satan. I mean, when did this happen? Why didn't you fucks tell me this happened?

Everyone knows that user has to tell me what I did for me to even know my own actions, and frankly I'm appalled that I have not been properly kept in the loop.

Kuudere
Yandere
Tsundere
Deredere

Does it really have to be spelled out anyone trying to do namedrops is baiting?
When has trying to discuss namefaggotry EVER been actively a good thing?

Nowadays people raising complaints about a jump doesn't seem to have any effect anymore except getting people to call you a shitposter. People raised complaints last thread and every one of Bramastra's supporters flocked to shout them down with comments like they were either too harsh, being unfair to Bramastra, not being respectful of Bramastra, attempting to bully Bramastra, or not giving Bramastra constructive criticism. They basically turned people's dissatisfaction with a jump into their own crusade for the jumpmaker to get popular.

You're talking about /jc/, the one thread in Veeky Forums that has the highest number of namefags and basically the only thread that continues to increase in namefags. Even /cyoag/ doesn't come close to /jc/'s namefag addiction.

You're a bit obsessed with making this as blande as possible, aren't you.

>Yes the maker did essentially say fuck it.
>Probably the work of a shitposter.
The Jump is done, Jim.

From his first post in thread #1365
>I think it's just about ready to upload.
from his last post in the thread when ask if he planned on more changes to the jump.
>Funny how it's been an hour and I haven't posted another version, I wonder why that could be?
Once he figured all the reasonable people had already spoken and at that point it was the shitposters going "REEEE this sucks, you should just give up and go home"

Aren't the old/Tarot names where the Riders names come from? Blade for Swords, Chalice for Cups, Leangle is a type of club for Wands (also, Clubs), and Garren is...I can't find anything for Garren. The wiki proposes that it might be a corruption of Galleon, like the Harry Potter currency, for the suit of Coins. But that just sounds dumb.

I admit, I wish all jumps were a little bit more "blande".

Since the jump is done, it can be accepted on SB's drive. If you want to persuade Brutus to accept it you should talk to Brutus personally and argue for it.

There was an entire thread of constructive criticism while he simply called people retarded and told everyone to say sorry for questioning him.