How do I get my dm to kill my character without implying I wanted to die?

how do I get my dm to kill my character without implying I wanted to die?

Make stupid irrational tactical decisions, and put yourself in a situation in which he'd need some hard fiat to get you out.

Alternatively, you could be an adult, and talk to him about retiring the character. Not all adventurers die horribly.

Drop your trousers and piss on the King.

>Alternatively, you could be an adult, and talk to him about retiring the character. Not all adventurers die horribly.

You can't YOU CANT YOU CANT FUCK YOU UOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER CUNT SHIT PISS FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Why not?

BITCHFUCK ASS SHIT FUCKER NO
NO
YOU CAN'T
YOU CAN'T
FUCK YOU NO YOU CAN'T

Clearly you feel strongly about this. Could you tell me why?

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU YOU CUNTNIGGER FUCKSHIT
NO
NO
YOU MUST KILL YOUR CHATACTER
NO
NO
FUCK
FUCK
FUCK YOU SHITFUC

Good, good, let it out. Please, tell me more.

My group switches out characters all the time. Sometimes a character concept doesn't work out or doesn't mesh with the rest of the party personality wise, so a player will occasionally just declare that the character decides to leave the group or needs to do something else. Sometimes they just want to try out a new character and switch temporarily, giving a party a few rotating members or actually rotating the whole party as a "B-team" that does other adventures.

It's pretty refreshing, and most characters aren't made to be totally inflexible in our group. DM doesn't have a problem slotting in new characters, either, as long as they have reason to follow the plot.

Go out like a cowboy.
>get into tough combat
>put your group in an unwinnable fight
>make a last stand to give the party a chance to escape

Your character's sacrifice makes the group edgy and wise or something and you get to roll a new goon.

in this thread user plays therapist to a real live fish-hook

No seriously, why?

If this is a true representation, why do you play with this GM?

For a quick end, not dependent on enemy attacks, deploy lethal tactics carelessly.
Poison is good. Pic related, perhaps more subtly done.
Area of effect is good too, especially if it's friendly fire.

>I cast fireball-
>I charge the enemy at full speed!

It's satire, user.

Not everything is satire. Sometimes its just a shitpost or bait.

So, "satiric shitposting is still shitposting"?

Step one - Go to your DM
Step two - Tell your DM, "I don't want to play this character anymore."
Step three - ???
Step four - New Character!

DM-"No."

Then leave, or say your character opens his own carotid arteries?

Meah, if the DM is being a fucknuget about it then fucknuget right back.
>"You won't let me kill off my character because I want to change from a thick-as-two-short-planks-fighter to an interesting rogue. So I am going to start playing it as a rogue regardless.”
>Swaps out plate armour for leather, ditches Greatsword for twin daggers.
>Tries to sneak up on opponents, when they see him he just runs at them shouting “surprise attack”.
>Makes a deal with the local goblin tribe to sneak them into the dwarven stronghold. Walkes up main gate, waves hand in front of guards faces “These are not the Goblins you are looking for”
Your dm will pretty quickly either relent and let you reroll, kill off your old character so you can reroll, or you will discover an untapped source of delight.
If your DM refuses to let the character die then you just have the perfect opportunity to use it as an un-killable kamikaze character.

when is a shitpost not a shitpost?
FUCK YOU UOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER CUNT SHIT PISS FUCKFUCKFUCK