Roll a natural 1

>roll a natural 1
>don't acknowledge it, just add my bonus to it and say what it adds up to
Why do bad DMs love critical miss tables so much?

Cheap, instant drama/humor without the work that would normally go into creating those experiences.

Why would you be the only one who can see what you rolled?

Why do bad players cheat so nothing bad happens to their characters?

Adds drama, otherwise there are some situations were you'd win at all times. That constant 5% chance that something can go slightly amiss makes things more tense I find.

Personally I also make them roll a d20 after rolling a 1 to see how badly the fucked up, so that helps there not being a 5% chance of killing yourself when doing something mundane.

Because it's fun to make people suck dick.

>Because it's fun to make people suck dick.
no homo

Keeping a straight face hides what I rolled much better than physically trying to hide it. I say "okay that's... 8 so that's a miss" and then the next player goes and by then it's far too late :^)

Right, but why isn't everyone else looking at what you roll

Does your group not obsessively watch each others' rolls so you can shit-talk each other whenever someone rolls poorly?

Epik maymays

Because horrible failures are just as much of an opportunity as resounding successes.
You would see that if you weren't so entrenched in your win-or-lose mindset.

actually our GM trusts us.
He trusts us to be honest when we should be, and be slightly dishonest when a good result makes for an awesome story. As long as the story is great everybody is happy. So generally speaking we are honest - at least i think we are..
except for that one 1 i just added my bonus and another one so everybody who did the math would think i rolled a 2 ...

For the same reason bad players love critical hit tables so much?

>Not that user
No man seriously that he already said A straight face is better cover than an camouflage in the world.

Try it. Seriously.

I like crittical hit and miss tables equally, usually just for flavor like

>your leg cramped up!

Or

>you hit right on an artery and get sprayed with blood!

>Cheap, instant drama/humor without the work that would normally go into creating those experiences.
that could be said about any chance element, faggot

first post worst post

My DM has us roll to to confirm the failure that way doesn't unfairly punished Marshall classes

Fucking cowboys.

>No man seriously that he already said
>A straight face is better cover than an camouflage in the world.

Yeah but the thing is we're not looking at your face, we're all looking at the die in your hand.

This.

>you rolled a 1? you shoot yourself in the head XD
>natural 20? lel the BBEG sucks your dick!

Cancer, and so is anyone who disagrees

>natural 20? lel the BBEG sucks your dick!

What splatbook is that from?

>not using severity die
Casuals, the lot of you

>a mechanic is terrible when it can be taken to extremes
shit gamer detected