Players are busy running dungeons and getting treasures in a remote part of a human empire

>Players are busy running dungeons and getting treasures in a remote part of a human empire.
>Begin asking about the local history and what's generally been happening.
>Mention how a large human empire on a small continent across the sea got destroyed by WHFB-esque (powerfull magic and using heavy weapons and armour) Elves and Dwarves and that the Elder Race kingdoms are currently trying to absorb the human populations under their control.
>player begins sperging out about how its impossible for humans to ever get beaten by Elves because of "a lack of technological progress" "no ambition" "humans outnumbering them"
>Then begins going on about how this should have united every other human nation in the world(ignoring that nobody gets along in this world) and how this is the only thing that makes sense now.
>Calls me a race-traitor for refusing to have this happen.

Wow, sounds like you have a retard on your hands.

Is it too much to ask for players who don't sperg out on the possibility of humans getting beaten?

Muh HFY, muh modern military beating fantasy realms.

Kinda funny that the reason the elven kingdoms of Forgotten Realms are growing because all the millions of elves who were drafted to fight a massive interstellar empire of werewolves and orcs are returning after winning the war.

And elven space marines who've fought on distant alien planets while wearing biomagical power armor have to listen to some human wearing animal hides talk about how elves have no ambition.

If any race actually doesn't have ambition, it's halflings. At the very most they just want to see stuff other people made. Humans aren't the only ones with ambition so much as they're the ones with an over abundance of it.

Well, he's not wrong. Few things unite a people faster than an external threat.

Except that only works when an external threat is affecting their own kingdom. Everyone else is willing to watch the fight and see how the dust settles and see what they can get out of the winners.

>every session from now on fuck over the human race even more
>in the end, they're the last ones

If Elves never have any ambition, why the fuck keeps building all of the impressive elvish cities and weapons and shit that PCs are always scrounging in the dirt of and for?

OP, it sounds like what you need to do is to have your party meet some Elves. And by meet some Elves, I mean get put in a situation where if they start some shit they are going to get their clock cleaned by some pointy eared fops, the weakest of which is 10 levels higher than them because he turned 1030 last month and has been using a sword since before the town they are standing in was built.

Reintroduce them to Elves ala Tolkein: strictly better than you, but usually concerned with something else. Middle Earth Elves were not 'a dying race' with 'no ambition'. By the time of Lord of the Rings, most of the Elves went to party with the gods and the Elves still around are the sticks in the mud who were too invested in Middle Earth to just pack up and leave behind the cities and homes they had spent thousands of years perfecting, who are slowly coming to admit that Middle Earth kinda sucks now that all the cool people left and the human rabble are being given the run of the place.

Which is why native Americans continually helped the Europeans fuck over other natives they had beef with.

This. Unless the Elves are about to kick off a big expansionist streak that takes them across the sea to MY land, I don't really care what they do with those humans over on that other continent. I probably didn't like those humans anyway. Those dumb bastards worship a three headed snake, instead of the Great Goat (the Goat leads the way)!

tldr: snake inferior, goat superior

>Calls me a race-traitor
"...aaaand that's all, don't let the door hit you on the way out."

>elves are clearly set up as antagonists
>instead of chomping at the bit for the excuse to kill elves your party whines instead
Why?

>Elves never have any ambition
Comes from the fucktarded idea that elves mature at the same rate as humans, but don't start as level 1 adventurers until they are 100s of years old.

It really is the system's fault.

I probably wouldn't hang out with anyone who unironically uses the term 'race traitor', but who knows? Maybe OP has lower standards.

That's what you get for playing with people from Veeky Forums.

This is why Elves never should have been a core race. By definition they are just too stronk to fit in with the other heroes on the same level.

Nope. Just the Elves taking over their continent fully and consolidating control. Trade with foreign human nations is going quite well.

>not just making elves and dwarves the villains of the next arc.
It's clearly what the players want.

>players

It's just one player sperging.

>>Calls me a race-traitor for refusing to have this happen.
Haha silly player.
The DM doesn't get to pick a race.

Got the impression the other players side with the "race traitor" guy, since they didn't bring up any counter points, in or out of character.

>telling your players anything their characters wouldn't be aware of about their world

there's your problem

They were in a tavern in a port city and asked what was going on in the world. News of a massive neighboring empire just across the sea being defeated by the mystical Elves was the talk of the town.

What is all this? Im a bit out of the loop here

>make setting
>No humans at all
It's fine senpai, I have made all of the races and cultures equally unrelatable and evil.

>2e was the only edition non-retarded enough to say that elves take 100 years to reach adulthood.

Spelljammer.