Communist robots take control while The Man of The West is absent
Visionaries envisage
Deck lists and a manuscript are dumped
The AMA goes ahead
Themes to play us out

The KS link & Opaque's website
kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

We also have a Discord now, at discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
And a Rediit: reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

The Legend rises to new heights and depths.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamingtrend.com/2017/02/27/realism-in-the-unreal-song-of-swords-developers-on-historical-accuracy-in-game-design/
youtube.com/watch?v=LkzfcYdkS68&t=31s
youtube.com/watch?v=qA-bGE6ZFAk
youtube.com/watch?v=N_TbgMUx9OA
youtube.com/watch?v=542XpqBy4kY
youtube.com/watch?v=QnsP3X9gE5U&list=LLqjg1dSRqBPsudvzg6WvxpQ&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=KThlYHfIVa8
youtube.com/watch?v=5rsb7dT6sEM&list=LLqjg1dSRqBPsudvzg6WvxpQ&index=47
paste2.org/W6ztXUUP
youtube.com/watch?v=9uZczPvm4jk
youtube.com/watch?v=8MC0G-Lbuuk
gmshoe.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/qa-taylor-davis-zachary-irwin-james-lacombe-song-of-swords/
youtube.com/watch?v=HZPQtb6NWKM
paste2.org/089j7MYm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wahh don't post animals being cruel
You can't stop me

Here's the interview from last thread

gamingtrend.com/2017/02/27/realism-in-the-unreal-song-of-swords-developers-on-historical-accuracy-in-game-design/

>We actually got deleted

Crazy stuff senpai

>no subject
>no link to the prior thread
They let anyone through the door these days

since old thread got janitored, here's the last old one

They're still going with that player choice thing?

It's bizzare, half of those guys look like the manliest fucking guys around and the other half look like complete fuckboys. Legit no middle ground.

It used to be that there was 'young men' and then they grow a bear and look weathered and they are 'men'.

That's pretty much what happens to Scotsmen when they're not fat.

Jimmy, is there even the vaguest chance of you opening more visionary pledge slots? I just got paid and now I can afford to give you more money.

Sorry for,

Its doubtful. They took away the $150 art add-ons, too.

There's still a iconic visionary male left

I wouldn't get my hopes up. The limited slots are probably based on their artists' workload.

Does anyone know who the artist(s) is(are)?

I think Belisle is the one who's done most of it, but it's reasonable to assume in this instance that because there's so much shit to do they're going to have to have multiple artists working concurrently if they want to get this done before 2020.

Just in time to shill for CD Projekt RED to make a new rpg game, based on Song.

Or Ballad.

Or Mixtape.

I want to get art of the my favorite SoS character (that I've played in an actual game). And unfortunately, a male iconic slot wouldn't work for her.

Maybe he made them himself? I'd do that. Just run off some cheap blades with whatever's cheapest. Lets you make them official game-line weapons, too. And as long as you don't promise they'll be made in an authentic way, you could easily run off two dozen of them by renting access to your local machine shop for a week. Hell, you could even offer personalized crossguards.

That's insidious, I love it.

Zwei-dev behind the last thread being deleted conspiracy when?

Okay, this I have to hear.

How did this conspiracy work, exactly?

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with making swords using modern methods, you can make better blades now with modern equipment than was ever made in medieval times. And there's also nothing wrong with making blades that are only designed to be collector's items.

Other than the despicable behavior of shilling his own stuff in someone else's kickstarter, do we have a reason to not like this guy or his game?

I mean, it looks good enough, nothing wrong with it really.

The despicable behavior of shilling his behavior every other place.
He has a suspiciously mediocre-sounding game.
And worst of all, his kickstarter made more than twice what SoS is likely to make.

I heard he got banned from RPG.net for excessive shilling.

I don't know it was a joke.

Not really, his kickstarter vid has a humdrum man telling you that everything is shit and human decency is a lie which has come to bother me over the years by hay he's cashing in on the void of grimdark fantasy so whatever even if grimdark was always a 40k not Fantasy tagline.

With much less per backer by the looks of things though.

>banned from RPG.net
Not exactly a high bar though is it.

For a dev, it's actually kind of hard to get banned apparently.

He always uses Grim and Perilous. That's the Fantasy tagline. I never looked at the game much, because I already own the two editions of WFRP that are good. Never needed a new version, because it wasn't broken.

>Genosism
youtube.com/watch?v=LkzfcYdkS68&t=31s

>Bocanadessia
youtube.com/watch?v=qA-bGE6ZFAk

>Dace
youtube.com/watch?v=N_TbgMUx9OA

>Volkodavs
youtube.com/watch?v=542XpqBy4kY

>Rade Sark
youtube.com/watch?v=QnsP3X9gE5U&list=LLqjg1dSRqBPsudvzg6WvxpQ&index=2

BALLAD SPECIAL
>The Way of 5
youtube.com/watch?v=KThlYHfIVa8

>General Soltar
youtube.com/watch?v=5rsb7dT6sEM&list=LLqjg1dSRqBPsudvzg6WvxpQ&index=47

I don't think I'd find him so annoying if he didn't add "Grim & Perilous RPG" on the end, you can practically hear the Trademark.

Did anyone ever contact that podcast group with an example of play? Having someone run some normies through would work.

That's good stuff.

Nice gyno, fag.

New tournament rules

paste2.org/W6ztXUUP

For this tournament, can we launch Joint Thrusts at areas that are not covered by weak point armor, or does it HAVE to be covered by weak point armor?

For the purposes of the tourney, we will leave that up to individual fights. If both fighters allow it, I see no reason against it.

Are Silversteel Shields allowed?
Also, what is the Pyromancy level of the tournament grounds?

What's the Insulation level for B-dins too?

We don't actually have rules for silversteel shields, so no, and the Environment level will be 10.

With Grappling at the Sword from the grappling update, is Clinch a weapon move, or unarmed move?

Well technically it's neither, you just receive the Superior version from Wrestling.

Ignore all of that rules gibberish. I'm here to ask the important question: Will you be allowing people to surrender?

That is up to the fighters. However, there is no death requirement, you won't be getting rolled off the edge of a floating island.

Do we have the magical healing at the end of the fight like before?

Yes. Any wounds taken by a victor will be healed between fights.

This tournament just became infinitely more appealing.

Assuming melee weapons and armor were still somehow viable* in a 19th century* setting, what weapons would a western country have? Lets say they're fighting monsters.

* - I know they still were kind of a thing. I mean to the same extent they were in previous centuries.

Guns.

Polearms. Bills, halberds, fauchards, stonking great voulges.

It depends what the monsters are. All melee weapons in SoS were designed to fight humans.

>Genosism
>youtube.com/watch?v=LkzfcYdkS68&t=31s
>Not
youtube.com/watch?v=9uZczPvm4jk

>Genosian popess does music videos

The Dyne Maul would disagree.

These, but carried by more people. Also expect to see the boarding axe and spontoon more widely used.

Isn't Galt supposed to be home now?

youtube.com/watch?v=8MC0G-Lbuuk

I expect that the shield would still be around too, not having to deal with guns as much

gmshoe.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/qa-taylor-davis-zachary-irwin-james-lacombe-song-of-swords/

>[21:07] Complete this sentence: If you like ________, you’ll love Song of Swords!
>[21:08] Ooh ooh, thrilling bouts of swordplay!
>[21:08] Or no, wait,
>[21:08] Bleeding to death!

youtube.com/watch?v=HZPQtb6NWKM

Septic shock!

Moonlight butterfly theme is actually completely appropriate to how her song is often described.
Huh. Neat.

Did the Byzantines ever start wearing plate? If not, why not? Just seems weird to me that they existed alongside it without getting into it, but I've never seen any pictures of a Byzantine wearing even a piece of plate, let alone a full suit.

"As for other projects, we intend to fully support and grow Song of Swords indefinitely. That being said there is a sci-fi project Jimmy has been working on and playtesting with that we have our eyes on for the future."

They were mostly fighting the Turks, who didn't have weapons that really necessitated the heavy use of plate until literally just a short while before Constantinople fell.

But plate is lighter than the various Byzantine armors. Plus, better protection is never bad.

Money, infrastructure, culture.
I can't speak to specifics (different user), but the greeks were a failing empire bankrupt of glory by the time of their fall.

>Plus, better protection is never bad.

People don't always fix something that's not obviously broken. Lamellar armor and mail was more than sufficient to defeat what the Turks were throwing at them for centuries, so they didn't really need to develop plate armor.

They didn't have to develop it themselves, they were fighting alongside or against people who already developed it. And while the Empire might not have been wealthy enough to buy plate for everyone, there were plenty of rich individuals.

>Bones trying to be tactful and coherent
>Jimmy just explains everything literally
>That TROS reference dodge

Bloodborne type enemies. From werewolves to giant monsters.

Polearms, guns, more guns, fucking guns, oh and explosives.
Swords for sidearms and large swords may have stayed in style among the very adept and wealthy.

There's a lot to be said for familiarity and also for existing industry. Maybe they just already had the lamellar thing down so hard they would've lost production if they had tried switching.

I don't know if he's back in town, I'm hoping he doesn't find out what we did until after we've hit the last stretch goal. Then I'll be like

Well, I want melee weapons to still be a thing. Of course guns will still be around. But if someone wants a swordgun instead of a rifle with a bayonet (before trick weapons come around) they can do that.

If anyone's having trouble with Schools, here a (hopefully) helpful guide.

paste2.org/089j7MYm

So what's the average werewolf gonna do against your regular old pike formation? I think the longer the better with that kind of thing.

Depending on its Grit and how well they heal, he could shishkabob himself down a few pikes before mauling the holders.

That would be fucking terrifying. I need to do this for something.

EXTREMELY underrated post. Is this the voice of Bocanadessia?

Well there are Werewolves, and Bisclavrets. Werewolves are men who literally turn into wolves. Bisclavrets are men who turn into wolf-man things. The latter are high-tier brutal shit and will seriously mcfucking kill you, the former are more like oddities, normal people who their wives think are cheating on them but who are actually just sneaking out at night to into a doge somewhere far away from people.

Bisclavrets are the ones whose wounds close instantly if they are not inflicted by silver, and who all seem to thirst for human blood. Impaling one on a pike would actually be sort of effective because the wound couldn't close until it became clear, but you wouldn't really be able to kill it with pikes unless you seriously got so many spearpoints into its lungs that it just couldn't breathe anymore and then held it down until it suffocated to death as it thrashed around.

If the abomination somehow got through and into the block, it would be terrible, unless someone has a silver katzbalger on them... Many men actually do carry small knives made of silver for precisely this reason, particularly in Galli and the Kaselreich.

Silver Guard > Shit > Paladins

>counting on a small silver knife to save you once a McWolf is in the middle of your pike block

lmao

>and will seriously mcfucking kill you
I don't know why I laughed so loud at this.

Look, it's better than trying to pull a silver piece from your purse to try jam into its eye as it picks your entire body up by the skull with one hand and pulls back the other in preparation to punch its hand through your sternum and pull your still beating heart out of your chest to feast upon and increase it's powers and longevity.

What about silversteel and orichalum? Poison? Mustard gas?

Are wounds cumulative or do you just pick up duplicates?

Cumulative. Getting hit with a level 2, doesn't mean the next level 2 to the same spot doesn't hurt

Unless you mean cumulative as R1A1 L2, R1A2 L2 now you have an L4. That's not how it works.

That's what I mean. If I just continue to take level 1 wounds to the same body part they don't turn into a level 5 right?

That's good, that'll make plate armor fights interesting.

And unless I'm misreading the combat rules...

If a guy in full plate is fighting a plebeian, could he just pull blue and refuse initiative, then (on second round, due to blue restrictions) ignore the enemy's declared attack and declare one of his own?

If you take a hit that does no damage your own attack isn't affected right? Wait till he spends his dice then force him to use quick defend and probably die anyway?

Did he already know what the goals were?

When the fuck do we find out what the stretch goal is?

Bones said Sunday.

It's probably the monster manual, that was implied in the Q&A just posted.

>there's a vedrim band
Bards of Taphonomy Bay stretch goal when?