You are being transported to a Yu-Gi-Oh like world where all conflicts are settled by playing a traditional game...

You are being transported to a Yu-Gi-Oh like world where all conflicts are settled by playing a traditional game. However, you get to pick which game it is. Which world would you go to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I1XQduS6IfA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It really doesn't matter, If I am the main character I will keep drawing bullshit protaganist plot device cards to win every duel. If I am not the main character why bothering when I will always be stuck at the bottom.

> If I am not the main character why bothering when I will always be stuck at the bottom.
Become the protagonists rival. That way you're always 2nd best and you get stupid bullshit luck in all of your duels with anyone that isn't the protagonist.

Sounds really lame but honestly I'd pick "Duel Monsters" (YuGiOh). It's cinematic and already lends itself to the setting. I just don't see anyone resolving a conflict by sitting down and rolling dice and check character sheets.

You will constantly be drawn to fight him, over and over again destined to lose each time. I don't know about you but that sounds a lot like sisyphus.
Not to mention the person you lose against probably has the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

"I leave Sisyphus at the foot of the mountain. One always finds one's burden again. But Sisyphus teaches the higher fidelity that negates the gods and raises rocks. He too concludes that all is well. This universe henceforth without a master seems to him neither sterile nor futile. Each atom of that stone, each mineral flake of that night-filled mountain, in itself, forms a world. The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy."

Hey, Kaiba won once

That, us a very difficult question. The problem I have with this is that while I enjoy games I wouldn't want them to become a vehicle for conflict resolution, because then it wouldn't be funable anymore. It would make the game into work, and bring in more stress, and I play games to unwind. I'd rather it was just a world where you solved things by fisticuffs instead of a world that polluted my enjoyment of my hobby.

Does getting murdered with an icepick count as a traditional game? I'll take that one.

I choose The Game

Which you just lost

You fucker. I hadn't thought about that since fucking junior high.

UNO

Tick-tac-toe. The prevalence of draws means people just rather avoid conflict altogether.

Old maid.

Genius, but I choose rock paper sicors slap.

OK I'll bite, how does the slap work into it?

It's pretty simple actually. You play rock paper sicors, and then the winner slaps the looser. You just keep going back and forth until someone gives up and admits defeat. Sometimes one guy might get smacked a few times in succession, but most of the time you tend to just kind of go back and forth. Doesn't really do any lasting damage. Played when I was in scouts as a kid.

Monopoly, Game of life and Snakes and Ladders (the specific version I own that takes 45minutes to complete, if you throw the dice really fast). It depends on the region which game is played and between the throws one has to talk to each other for 15minutes yu gi oh style.

OR

pic related

If you really want to avoid conflict you should pick something like Descent 2e or Arcadia Quest. Who has time to bicker when doing so eats up 20 odd hours.

Sisyphus isn't happy he littearly experiences the greek definition of hell for all eternity.

Considering Yugioh didn't seem to have any kind of banlist in the show, what would be stopping people from playing 60 Chancellor of the Dross decks or other, better turn zero combos if you picked Magic?

But, the very fact he has a task to do, even an impossible one, does that not fill him with purpose, no matter how absurd the idea of victory is? He has a labour to occupy his body while his mind is free to wonder, or he could dedicate the full extent of his being to the effort. So, after what is to be assured is a stage of grief and despair, one could imagine him reaching acceptance and then, happiness.
So even though you might be doomed to continually battle your rival without success, you still ultimately have an endeavour to pursue. The act of pursuing brings happiness, not just reaching the end.

Honestly i'd probably go for yugioh if i could bring my collection with me. Bring firepower like Infernity, Drill Warrior/dandylion, Agents at their prime, and relinquish would be enough to absolutely destroy entire countries worth of duelists. Assuming their power levels are the same as they are in the shows at least.

Though using an Exodia/D-Hero deck would be all sorts of hilarious. Nothing but D-Draws, Allure of Darkness, Trade-ins, and Pots of greed.

In the end i know i would end up playing a very specific deck. Purely to have the most amount of FUN in any tournament i enter. That deck of course being Ojama Synchro

You know that guy is more or less paraphrasing Camus, right? The existentialist who considered "why not commit suicide?" iterally the only question in all of philosophy worth answering because the rest is meaningless anyway?

Camus is what happens when you take a moral relativist and remove all the hypocrisy.

Depends, do I get to decide what version of it?
>If so, I'd choose pre-syncro yu-gi-oh.
>If not, maybe duel masters or MtG?
What can I say, I just enjoy the whole card game thing and think the more cinematic ones can offer a lot more entertainment in a world like that. Kinda like

I choose Yu-Gi-Oh!

Anime yugioh not real yugioh.

Only if I can actually send fuckers to the shadow realm.

Shut up Bakura.

Rock, paper, scissors.
I'm really good at it and it's nice and quick.

Alternatively, I'll go with the world from Gundam Build Fighters or Medabots. Is it still Veeky Forums if it's an in-universe Veeky Forums thing thinly veiling complete /m/ fan service?

Jojo has a great rendition on what a roc, paper, scissors anime would look like it, and its as bananas as it sounds

>Gundam Build Fighters or Medabots

Top tier choices user

Strip poker.

Because I'm degenerate scum.

Everyone involved has to do a L.A.R.P DnD session, everyone involved is split into parties based on whose side they are on and what they want out of it. Each and every engagement is refereed by a court of rule-booking neckbeards.

hello 2001

>Suddenly you fight up against Fantasy Resident #2314. They have clairvoyance magic.
>You lose.

Welcome to No Game no Life.

Netrunner

Pretty fun cast of characters on either side, decent game, cool cyberpunk w/ space future world with interesting locales, and then you add the game anime stuff

Uno with the swap hands card. The game MUST have four people though, so two people are selected at random to join. And I do mean "at random". Best get real good at learning foreign languages.

Eh, just Pathfinder.

What's the worst that could happen?

Alternatively, Cardfight! Vanguard.

Too bad that outside of how fucking chunni it was, that episode was total trash.

Tiddlywinks.

Uno

youtube.com/watch?v=I1XQduS6IfA

No one picked Pokemon?
Not the card game the version where you actually have animals come out of pokeballs and attack each other.

Tic Tac Toe. I may never win, but at least I can never lose.

Immediately what I thought of - I'm 99% sure it inspired

Pogs

Any good rival arc will include a few wins.

RPS. Once read a Libyan manga called Hand Command that was ygo but with RPS gambits

Sounds like sour grapes.
>i r-really enjoy my eternal punishment, id hate to be partying up in Elysium, honest

Wizard soul

Depends, is it "shit gets real" like 5DS where your soul gets fucking eaten if you were in the wrong place by an Aztec devil god, or on a GX level where there are colleges dedicated to the game?
I remain with yugioh for the first because it would be the least "luck involved" game, I.E. you don't get manascrewed out of a game and possibly get sent to eternal damnation. Second would be Vanguard because there's less pressure, like your life isn't on the line.

>Implying I would only choose one.
It's like you don't even Veeky Forums

I will go to the world of mahjong.

FATAL.

Russian Roulette

If I pick MTG can I play modern, EDH, standard, legacy, pauper, etc???

I'd choose Veeky Forums.

With the power of numbers, anything can happen!

It SORT of did. I remember Kaiba saying that burn cards were banned in Battle City in the episode that Marik hypnotized Joey into dueling Yugi.

Does the world run on suffering?

Not very Veeky Forums but I'm going to go with fencing just because I want to see people walking around with swords, even though I would probably suck at it.

Chess.

There's only so many combinations that result in victory.

Most people play one ruleset and the odd douchebag forces you to play a different one for no apparent reason.

Go fish

I can only look at that comic every time and think what shitty players they both are.

who has the most money

This is how men play MtG. Pic very much related.

You almost described No Game No Life, and that's the one I'd go to.

By threatening suicide.

Honestly Build Fighters Try's rivals got pretty fuckin intolerable to me.

They were so, not actually interesting. Nemesis was a much better "Big fight"

Unlike NGNL the whole world plays one single game.

damn, 8th grade was fun

Traditional game, not video game fantasy.

Thats like saying "Well my favorite hamburger is a Ford Focus"

Better than wasting time wishing he were in Elysium.

Also in GX they mentioned the chaos cards were banned except for Black Luster Solider, Envoy of the fuckwads because that card was so rare it never mattered.

That old Harry Potter tcg

the glass bead game, you plebeians.

I got a nimbus 2001 and that was probbably the biggest thing i ever drew on that game.

Trivial Pursuit. 80s edition.

touche

Competitive Monopoly world.

Declan says hello

Second season WHEN?

Also, to keep on the thread's subject, Yu-Gi-Oh, but it has to have Akagi somewhere down the line, and Kaji's narrator.

A win's a win

Assume the girl on the left is netdecking. The other girl is shutting her down every turn and attacking with a 1/1.

EVERY TURN.

That's not incompetence, that's showing off. "I'm going to take 20 turns to beat you and you literally can't do anything about it"

The world with Sentinels of the Multiverse, just to see how a cooperative game could work with a competitive anime storyline.

If that's not allowed, replace with Betrayal at House on the Hill.

Kaiba's fucking hilarious in the new movie.
>built a space elevator with attached station
>built his own holodeck to simulate battling the pharao
>fires a guy for designing a bottle that is too easily wrinkled
>Resists magic mind ciontrol through sheer ego
>shows off his new VR tech by simulating a jet crashing into a crowded stadium
>last scene of the movie is him hacking his way into the spirit world to duel the pharaoh

He never said Elysium sucked, just that Sisyphus, got to exist forever with a task to do, a pretty happy existence.

Casual MTG, main the black absolute self destruction deck, destroy the world's order by never once allowing another individual to attain victory over me by their own hand and spread a plague of hallow triumphs across the globe

Is Kaiba a white guy?

>shows off his new VR tech by simulating a jet crashing into a crowded stadium
Makes sense considering arcV

He was adopted so I guess it's possible

>is it still Veeky Forums if it's /a/?
Gee, I dunno.

This please.

Holy shit do I hate these settings.
>xD cards xD
Fuck. I want to shoot these annoying children in the face. Tactical snipers could fix like a good 90% of all these settings.

Became lancer after first season.

FUCKING KEK SO TRUE THOUGH

>Tactical snipers could fix like a good 90% of all these settings.
Not really, these settings include a heavy dose of karma/luck.

Mahjong.

That's right, I know how to fucking play it.

Pic entirely related.

so do I. it's not really that hard. Some of the absurd special hands feel like yugioh asspulls (like why is it only a special hand to win from the very last draw of the game when it's the 1 dot?) but the basic game: sets get points, runs don't but complete the hand, everyone pays everyone their hand values except the winner, who also gets paid more, is pretty straightforward.