Anybody have any experience with the Batman Miniatures game...

Anybody have any experience with the Batman Miniatures game? Got some friends at my LGS that are trying to convince me to pick it up and play with them. Is it any good? What should I pick up? I saw there's a Solomon Grundy figure which looks awesome but I'm not sure what else I'd need to pick up to play

Other urls found in this thread:

knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b/Categories/"Batman Miniature Game"
knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b/Categories/"Batman Miniature Game"/Law_Forces
hero-builder.net/batman.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Batman Miniature game

>deploy Batman
>win forever

Wow, that was easy.

You wouldn't believe how desperately I want to get this miniature

And then find a Miniature for CIA and recreate the Plane Crashing Scene

I've heard it's pretty good.

Guys play like they should (kinda) Heath Ledge Joker has a knife and is good in melee or something. Movie Joker gets laughing gas canisters. 70s batman is good at quips and is more of a utility guy and not a direct combatant. Like with the watchman, Comedian is a good hitter with what's her face. Rorscach is a sneaky melee guy or something. Ozy is a leadership utiity guy and Owl is fat and depressed. Things like that.

Pretty sure you can get the rules for free on their site or online. And the list builder has all the stats and stuff.

My favourite skirmish wargame. The game plays really well and is overall very balanced. Be warned at present it does have some issues with different rulebooks existing with different wording on some rules and a FAQ which is also missing stuff (new one due really soon though)

I'd say to start with the suicide squad two player starter if any of the models in that appeal to you. Otherwise you can't go wrong going with the rulebook, a measure in cm, a shit tonne of d6 for counters and a starter set for a crew you like the look of.

Grundy is a beast. He goes well with Penguin, Two-Face or Black Mask.

What characters other than Batman and his rogues gallery are there?

You have a wider DC roster to draw from, namely Flash, Arrow and their support and rogues.

It's mainly street level stuff. For anything higher you have the DC Universe Game

>start with the Suicide Squad
That would require being reminded of that shitawful movie, so that's a dubious advice at best.

Gotham PD, generic mafia guys, various other superheroes, a selection of gangs.

Not going to get into an argument about the movie. If you don't like it fine. But like most wargames the two player starter set is the best value entry to the game. Two 350 point (standard size) crews, a rulebook, terrain, dice and all the tokens you need to play.

In the game you first choose your crew with a boss character.
Afterwards you can add henchman and special character.
Crew are stuff like Batman, Law Enforcer, Two face, Joker, Poison ivy, Mafia.....
Bosses are usually the leader Batman, Gordon, Jokee but sometimes the second of command like Harley, Nightwing.....
Most of the forces will be usually just normal henchman say generic cop, no-name goon.....
Noe to the special characters called free agent.
They usually cost between 50-140 out of your total 300 and one can only get usually 2.
Now the starter box has one side joker and also 4 free agent. (1 free agent is law only)
There is a suicide squad list where one can play only characters though
And lastly Solomon grundy is solid.

Sorry, the SS box has 5 free agents.
Game is really solid and plays well.
Somewhat related Knight Models is a shit company

I love their games, but with this I agree.

>gifted an Adam West miniature for Christmas
>they don't do Burt Ward

Fucking why

Something about Adam West selling poorly. Think Burt Ward would still be nice as a direct only release just for completion sake.

It's great, one of the fluffiest games I've seen. Scale is absolutely tiny, but every gang is fleshed out and plays exactly like they should.

You pick a gang to start with. Every gang has a leader, several sidekick options, and henchmen. All of the named heroes are also available as 'Free Agents' to be mercenaried out to various gangs.
Additionally, every gang has access to either the police, or Blackgate/Asylum inmates. Characters often have multiple incarnations that all play differently; for example Arkham Knight Batman is a one-man army, Akham Origins is more budget, and Adam West is wacky.

knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b/Categories/"Batman Miniature Game"

As for the actual gangs:
> Batman
> Law (Gordon)
> Green Arrow

> Joker
> Penguin
> Bane
> League
> Two-Face
> Black Mask
> Poison Ivy
> Watchmen
> Organized Crime (Falcone)
> Court of Owls
> Wonderland Gang
> Scarecrow (Arkham Knight)
> Riddler
> Mr Freeze

I play League for pic related.

Such a shame.

How does Gordon play? He seems like someone who'd have a hard time dealing with all the opposition supervillians can put down.

> Still learning the game, opinions subject to inexperience

Law seems like the shooty horde faction. Police have a massive range of models with guns, from pistols to riot guns to snipers. Their models are also very cheap, owing to them being the generic spammed henchmen.
As a result, your army is far more limited by your equipment than your points cost.

> Batman lists have 2 resources; Reputation and $. Reputation pays for stats, $ pays for ranged weapons and an 'armoury' system for additional kit.

As a result, Police can spam out a huge number of low-Rep, high-$ models and absolutely dominate the shooting game. The counter is that they have very few $ left for actual equipment (Batclaws, Handcuffs etc.) and their models are pretty crappy when they cannot draw a shot.
Jim is indeed one of the cheaper Leaders in the game. He is a support model designed to improve the models around him, and is not going to win any fistfights.

Gordon in Law forces can be tricky. He would work well leading more of a horde type list. Fragile but with numbers. With multiple characters with detective traits you can out activate your opponent letting your damage dealers get to work while also having the bodies to cover the spread on objectives.

If you end up going Law, you will usually end up with a Loeb who is another solid choice of leader. You can also have one of the sidekicks like Flag in charge. Helps to mitigate their funding cost.

Right, interesting.

Sounds a bit like playing Guardsman Guild in Malifaux. No one brings as many decent guns to the table as them even if some people bring better guns you've got a lot more and some support pieces to help them.

Don't play Malifaux but thats pretty much the crew. Your leaders are definitely not ones you want in a fist fight (maybe Batwoman) but they synergise well with your crews. With access to two of the best sniper henchmen in the game its worth pointing out if you like Gordon he has an ability to let you light up one area of the board (the games are played at night so your dudes only see 30cm normally outside of lanterns or specific traits)

Just how bad are cops, out of interest? Like, can you get more elite cops like SWAT or Department of Metahuman Affairs officers or are they the mookiest of mooks?

That sounds like a lot of fun. So Gordon's game plan is to go 'Chap with the clown makeup, five rounds rapid' and have police snipers just shoot the joker in the face?

I got into this game once the Suicide Box was released and it is my favorite miniature game right now. The characters play like you would expect them to and the over all game flows like a panel by panel comic book. really fun. I just hope this game doesn't let WAAC/tourney fags change the overall game.

>Like, can you get more elite cops like SWAT or Department of Metahuman Affairs officers or are they the mookiest of mooks?

knightmodels-store.com/epages/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/afaa2a23-c31d-4ae6-b1cd-12757513fd3b/Categories/"Batman Miniature Game"/Law_Forces

...Mr Freeze is a model the Law can take? That I wasn't expecting. Thanks.

That's probably someone fucking up the metatags in the web store.

Law forces run the full spectrum from your shitty beat cops to SWAT, soon to Special Forces and even ARGUS.

One of his potential uses. He works well just behind your frontline giving support to those guys through take cover and inspire while picking stuff out for your snipers.

>WAAC/ tourney fags.
They exist but at the moment the game is balanced well enough that you can do well with almost anything. WAAC gamers usually get blown the fuck out when they first jump into this game from somewhere else.

Only reason I've not bought him is the lack of Robin.

No Freeze can work with literally anyone. Same as Electrocutioner funnily enough.

Freeze in Law isn't such a great option. The funding cost cuts you off your best henchmen.

Yeah, I wasn't looking at taking him so much as kinda surprised. I'm looking at going well...cops and Gordon. Why punch people in the face when you can just shoot them and arrest them?

I'm also amused by Captain Boomerang being an option in the game. Wonder if you can do a Rogues list with Flash's villians.

Still missing a few character options to go full Rogues, with Captain Cold though being a Sidekick in a Mr. Freeze gang you could make the list in the future from there.

That or hopefully Rogues get there own team.

It is a massive shame there's not a Batman 66 line for this, because the nature of that show and its sprawling fights would be perfect for this game

That would be cool. The Rogues are a villain group that I always liked. Their relationship with the Flash is a very fun dynamic.

Oh god, Roy Harper comes with that god damn hat.

>Well howdy there, I'm Roy Harper. Look at my Trucker Hat!

It looks interesting, bit the prices are insane. They disks manage to price gouge even more than games workshop.

But the prices*

They somehow manage*

God my grammar is horrible this morning.

But then like any Skirmish game you only need 6-12 models to play. You can build a good crew usually for around $100.

Wait...why is Duela Dent part of the Joker crew? Duela Dent was part of the Teen Titans and is the daughter of the alt-universe heroic Joker.

Nu52 version of the character.

Urg...they turned her villain, didn't they?

Yeah, I don't like shitting on Nu52 but she wasn't a bright moment in the books.

Is there anywhere online where you can see all the character cards/costs etc? I can't find that information anywhere and it's about the only thing holding me back from getting into the game. I'm worried I'm going to buy the models I like and then find out they cost too much to play together or don't work together for whatever reason

hero-builder.net/batman.html

Curious question, but are the GCPD played a lot? The idea of having a bunch of beat cops and swat dudes take on the joker gang or something is appealing, but my gut tells me they are one of the more popular factions.
On the other hand, how does Bane's faction play? Preferrably not the movie version...

Batman and joker are the most popular teams, by far. GCPD get a few players simply because a Batman player can jump ship very cheaply, reusing many models.

Bane are the elite shooty faction, made up of highly paid Mercs. Well equipped with kevlar, and assault rifles are the best weapon in the game. A full volley will one-round models.