What system would you use to run a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure campaign, Veeky Forums? I'm considering running one

What system would you use to run a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure campaign, Veeky Forums? I'm considering running one.

Fate, possibly with a bit of homebrew.

I'm not even joking, it's remarkably great at emulating both the "just as keikakku" way fights in Jojo work out, as well as giving you the flexibility to "stretch" powers without having to stat out every little thing.

This. I'm playing a JoJo game using FATE right now. Only one session, we beat up a guy whose Stand had possessed all the random crap in a house and made it attack us when we entered.

Fate is a good suggestion but I'd suggest a look at Marvel Heroic. I don't think it's quite as elegant a system but it's better at representing weird power sets and has better mechanics for over the top dramatic moments.

yo is this a jojo reference?

Remember the most important rules:
No one gets a time stand as that is considered the power of either the Main Character or the Villain of the game.
Similarly no one can play a Joestar for similar reasons.

Just Google "Super Stand Sunday." The OP includes good system suggestions, including a d6 and a d10 system specifically for JoJo.

>No one gets a time stand as that is considered the power of either the Main Character or the Villain of the game.
So Ringo Roadagain was the main villain of Steel Ball Run?

your next post is will be "is that a jojo reference?"

I think Stardust Crusaders and beyond was trash

The SBR Universe is an odd place and doesn't conform to JJBA norms.

Is that a jojo reference?

!

Another thing to remember is that a stand should really only have one power; either growing a new one or even worse, fusing stands together is a big no-no.

There are a few homebrew JoJo systems that you can find in the archives.

No Joestar?

NO

Joestars should be okay, if the game is set before 1870.

I'm about to play a jojo game with friends, and here is my GM approved stand. Anyone got any ideas for a name? I can't think of one.

Stats:
>Power: E
>Speed: B
>Range: B
>Durability: E
>Precision: B
>Learning: A
So those are the stats, and here are the abilities. They're all based around steps:
>Ability 1:
When this ability is activated, the user's soles begin to glow. With every step he takes, they grow slightly brighter. Every 100th step the user takes while this power is activated doubles his speed. The catch is that every time his speed doubles, so do the speeds of his bodily functions. So the faster he gets, the faster he fatigues, gets hungry, digests food, etc. increase. Once the ability is turned off he has to restart gaining steps.
>Ability 2:
The stand user designates a victim. Every step the victim takes leaves a glowing footprint on the ground. When the victim takes his 15th step, the footprints lift off the ground, form a rope, and tie themselves around the victim's legs. The rope makes it very difficult for the victim to move and makes him trip when he tries to take a step. The rope can only be taken off once the victim takes another 15 steps, which can be very difficult to do because the victim keeps tripping.
>Ability 3:
When this ability is activated, all footprints from the last 24 hours are illuminated on the ground around the user in a 20 foot radius. The user can automatically recognize the footprints of any shoe he has seen before. The 20 foot radius moves along with the stand user, allowing him to use it to track both people and creatures that leave footprints.

So there it is. If anyone has a name idea, or a picture that they think would work for the stand, please share it.
Also, post your own stands that you have used or will use in a Jojo game.

[Speed The Collapse]

I don't have any song names, but I do have a few Tarot card names.

Golden Sun
Purple Star
Crimson Lovers
Violet World
Moss Green Tower
Grey Hierophant
Scarlet Devil

Scarlet Devil is a stand that I used in a game once, I still have it's stats

>Scarlet Devil

Power: C
Speed: A
Range: E
Durability: D
Precision:A
Dev. Potential: B

>Ability 1
Scarlet Devil is capable of creating any physical object, that is under 15 pounds, and the stand user knows how to build. (For example: The stand user knows how to make a bullet, so the stand can create a bullet out of nothing)

>Ability 2
Scarlet Devil can copy any stand ability that the stand user has seen, ONCE, AND ONLY ONCE! ONLY ONCE, I CAN NOT RE-ENFORCE THIS FACT ANY HARDER!

Well the kind of obvious name is [Footsteps].

K, I thought of the name I will use. 「Walk This Way」.

>not 500 miles

Never mind actually, I'll call my stand 「Run DMC」, and name the abilities after Run DMC songs.

Mind if I join you, user-kun...?

In all seriousness, is it still a big no-no if the stand in quetion belongs to the main antagonist?

maid rpg
obviously.

How do you feel about multiple act stands? Like Tusk and Echoes?

Act stands are okay. They still only do one thing (and it is interesting to see how they manipulate the key concept of the stand's ability.) I believe you can only have one Act of a stand out at a time.

Main Antagonists can have multiple stand parts or have time manipulation abilities. They're the villain and not a PC.

Then you're encouraging someone to be the main character of the tale and relegating everyone else to support.

I'm not sure I understand the connection between the second ability and the other two.

Wouldn't it make more sense if the user could target someone and pass along negative effects to them? Either like an instant transition of damage or a weird fated event.
Call it Walking a Mile in Their Shoes.

That's because you want Hokuto no Ken instead of JJBA.

>you're encouraging someone to be the main character of the tale and relegating everyone else to support

Not if the Joestar player character name doesn't start with a Jo.
Bartholomew Joestar really doesn't sound like a JoJo, does it?

Can you Jojofags at least pretend to discuss using your awful obsession in a game? If you're just here to spam this comic like you do on everyboard, just go back to /a/ and stop trying to be the new bronies already.

Can a you play a Speedwagon?

I know the Speedwagon family CANONICALLY died out in the mid fifties, but you could fluff the character out with "Speedwagon must've had sex at some point,".

No-one says you HAVE to stick to the canon. It's already been established that alternate timelines exist.

Perhaps it would make more sense if I told you a little bit about the character who has this stand:
He hates conflict. He will allow others to walk over him if it means he can end a situation quickly. He sucks up to people if it means they won't bother him. I chose that ability specifically because it makes sense to me for a character that hates conflict to have an ability that lets him distance himself from a conflict easily.

you're never going to make a difference m8, you've been trying for months and it straight up isn't going to work.

fact of the matter is most of the discussion here HAS been about jojo in the context of games; OP was asking about systems, and other anons are discussing how best to implement certain concepts in games.

But, y'know, you can pretend we're out to shit on everything you hold dear, if it makes you feel better.

Sure.

Eh I guess I can see why his stand would hobble opponents now, he doesn't have the will power to actually HURT someone.

It's not that he doesn't have the willpower. When he thinks it's necessary to hurt them, he can be exceedingly cruel towards his opponents. It's just that he prefers to not put in the effort to deal with fights and just get on out of there.
The reason I put his developmental potential so high was so that I could use my abilities in much more creative ways when I actually do have to fight. Things like moving my hands together so fast that I make fire, or timing my 2nd ability just right to make someone drown.

one of the stretch goals for the TBZ kickstarter campaign was for Stand users, but that was a few years ago now. Personally I'd use Monsters and Other Childish Things.

I am in one. We used the Stand Generator that is now not working to roll a Stand Power. We use a modified 3.5e system to play it. Attacks of Opportunity have really made it feel like JoJo battles. We use Roll20, as shitty as it is, to run the battles. Here's my character. He's the villain

What is his stand power

Looks style-appropriate. What's the Stand do?

Dark Matter Manipulation is what I rolled. The Veldt can call upon cosmic Dark Matter and use it to create constructs such as weapons or simple tools. He discovered a book with information on the pillar men, and has created an enhanced imitation of Wham's Holy Sandstorm by spinning the dark matter around the Stand's six arms, creating devastating effects. He's also managed to create limited singularities in an attack called Goodbye to a World.

My friends want me to run a Pathfinder campaign where they all play summoners and play it like Stardust Crusaders

Blue Suede Shoes.

Although it seems like the ability could use some work. It can produce three distinct, highly specific effects, which is somewhat unfitting for a Stand and doesn't leave much room for creativity. I'd suggest some reworking to make a more coherent version of the "making footprints solid" concept.

What personality traits does he have besides a strong desire to avoid conflict?

>Super Stand Sunday."
Did those run out of steam? Haven't seen on in months.

I'm not sure how I feel about Part VII as a whole, but Ringo's chapters were some of the best in the entire series.

My GM had us make a list of character traits. Core traits are what they exhibit almost always, significant traits are the ones that are hidden a little deeper, and Rare Traits are the ones that are only shown when their life is on the line. Here are mine:
Core Trait: Non-Conflict Personality
The stand user prefers to shy away from unnecessary fights. When nothing important is on the line, he will choose to ignore whoever is causing a conflict, leave, or in the worst case, surrender whatever small thing it is they want from them. This does not mean he will just give a mugger his credit cards or anything similar, but if someone accuses him of cutting in line when he didn’t he might move to the back anyway; when he is arguing with someone he prefers to give up before it get’s heated; he will not bring attention to the small things when doing so could piss someone off.

Significant Trait: Guilty Conscience
The stand user is able to let things go when they are directed towards himself, but in the same way that he is meek for a desire to avoid conflict, he can shed his meekness and become confident to help others avoid conflict. He feels guilty when he let’s someone else be hurt and often sees it as his own fault, and so when others are in danger he steps in without a question. Whether this means sneakily using his stand to trip up a mugger pointing a knife at an old lady or drawing the attention from the innocent to himself depends entirely on the situation.
Core Trait: Dead Fish Eyes
The stand user has an almost constant aura of apathy surrounding him. Whether it comes from his dull, inexpressive eyes, his slouched posture, his lazy body language, or his actual desire to be left mostly alone, he can easily unnerve others and scare them with his seeming boredom in the face of even shocking events. This makes others think he is hiding some sort of hidden trick up his sleeve, so it can be used for his advantage in intimidation and bluffing.

Part 2:

Significant Trait: Empty Apologies
When he is cornered, with no immediately noticeable way out, he gains extreme cowardice. His apathetic nature is gone, and he is willing to beg and prostrate himself before someone to save his own hide. He is still probably not willing to sell others out, but he is more than willing to cry and blubber and shine a villains shoe in exchange for his life.

Rare Trait: Becoming the Mask
Although his seeming apathetic nature is usually an facade, there are certain situations where he can give up his conscience and allow others to be hurt for his goals or in his stead. If he feels that he could defeat a particularly strong enemy if he were to sacrifice someone innocent, he could do it. If a villain tries to defeat him with a stand that could kill him in one instant, he is willing to hold a human shield, as long as he believes that it is the only way (or, if he is in a fit of rage so strong that he is completely different from his usual personality).

4e