The last character you played is part of the Fellowship of the Ring

The last character you played is part of the Fellowship of the Ring.

How much does LotR change?

>Half-elf white necromancer.
I'd be accused of being an agent of Sauron as soon as I cast raise dead or use speak with dead.
I probably get stabbed before I get to do anything.

Boromir would actually get to live as soon as a few Uruk-hai get killed.

>try-hard knight who thought of contact with women as haram

It'd be like more Boromir, but with more Chanson de Roland autism.

I kill several people in their sleep, nick the ring, and fuck off. Then die in a cave somewhere.

>kobold dragon priest with dragon autism
Well, kobolds are a thing apparently, so that's new. Also I'm a monster so it probably goes quite badly for me, despite my repeated insistence that I'm there to help.

Best case: I bond with Sam over food or something, then end up accompanying Aragon, Legolas, and Gimli on the quest to save the hobbits from the Uruk-hai, spend some time in Fangorn, and probably die terribly at Helm's Deep. Assuming I, somehow, survive the events of LotR, probably end up tracking down the last dragons somewhere in the south or east of Middle-Earth, like the dragon autist I am.

Likely case: I'm a fucking monster, they murder my ass and leave me in a ditch somewhere.

>Narcoleptic Dragonborn fighter with at least 4 axes strapped to his body at all times.

5x30ft line of flame breath will solve an awful lot of problems. And if it can't solve something, he'll just rush it down with his axes and matyr himself yet again.

>Tiefling demon hunter from a modern age, carrying a hunting rifle, collapsible halberd, and accompanied by a Tiefling-ish mountain lion animal companion
If I'm already a part of the Fellowship, they must not have immediately thought I was a set any of Sauron, so now we've got someone who would have insight on how Saruman's explosives work.

>Louen Leoncoeur
This is either a very good or very bad thing.

>Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer

Assuming anyone is dumb enough to let the hulking mutant giant into Rivendell to begin with, he murders the rest of the party with a plasma pistol as soon as they're out of elf land. Starting with Gandalf. Then he sacrifices the Ring to Tzeentch for daemonhood.

>CN Half-Orc Rogue

Frodo gets raped and the Ring is stolen

>tiefling shadowcaster

Assuming I don't get instantly murdered on suspicion of being an agent of Sauron, I can contribute, but it's still a better idea to send Glorfindel

The last character I played was from the cyberpunk future, so presumably quite a bit

Alchoholic Paladin with a penchant for polearms.. Not to much difference I imagine.

>CE Half-Orc Rogue
Fixed it for you.

Wow, Boromir's hands are pretty big. Bet he could shovel a lot of snow with those.

>Traveller. Detached duty scout with his own ship.

The Fellowship boards my "Suleiman", an hour or so later we land at Mt. Doom, ring goes in the lava, an hour or so later we're back in Rivendell, and I'm baing some elf chick at the victory party.

My character is essentially Gimli, so not much. Boromir might live, though, since I'm a cleric Gimli.

>not claiming the ring as your own
do you even evil mage?

Wrong. CN can be rapists and thieves too. If you don't get that then you understand NOTHING about alignment.

>LN rogue, built around social interaction.

Seems like it wouldn't be that different from a hobbit, honestly. A bit redundant, even.

>Alcoholic Dwarf who autistically adheres to Occupational Health & Safety

Well, he'd be pretty damn unimpressed with all the dangerous terrain they slog through.
He'd also pause from fighting to scold Aragorn and Gimli for that dwarf toss in the movies.

I just realised I'd be a white wizard, Nice.

Oh wait, Fuck, I could be mistaken for Saruman and get stabbed by the Rohirrim.
Or get stomped on by Ents.

gets drunk off his ass in Lothlorien and gets left behind

tiefling warlock, Lawful neutral, if I could convince them to trust me we could get along I guess

For starters we can reduce the travel to like 1 hour, not even time for the ring to tempt me
Last character could move at mach 35

they can be, but you just committed a fairly evil act for no reason or without any justification - so thats a step towards CE at least

>Claiming power that already failed against puny primitives
>Not becoming an unkillable demigod
>Stuck on one dirt spec planet forever

Do you even Chaos Marine?

>CG beastrider fighter

Probably not a lot changes, but the scenes with the warg riders on the plains would probably take on an action movie chase sequence as well as wolf vs warg drifting, arrows flying back and forth and swords clashing.

>Rahu Iron Master
...Is there an opening in Isengard, by any chance?

>Mutant's and Masterminds character who could teleport himself and one other person anywhere on the planet with just the name of the place
Yeah, the ring is destroyed pretty quickly

>LE high-elf blackguard who was in it mostly for the adventure and fighting ( evil in name mostly - actual alignment was lawful asshole)

assuming his mental resistance is high enough to resist the ring the fellowship gets a significant boost in combat strength and helms deep probably wouldn't be such a shitshow

There's a fairly high-level (14th), human-raised drow elf thief in the party now. With severe kleptomania. And an awful Wisdom score. BUT is Good. Chaotic Good, but still Good.

There is no way in Hell she's going to be able to resist the pull of the One Ring for long, if at all. It'd be much better if Iliira joined after the Fellowship was broken and hung out with Aragorn and company.

Incredibly racist and partially mad(insane) gnome who was recently attempting to build a giant fucking siege engine to launch an exploding daemon at an enemy nation. I'd say I am an asset, basicly the most hated person in the group because I always call the other races lowborn scum, and will later make the argument that Sauron literally did nothing wrong.

>Half-Orc bard loyal to Gruumsh
I recruit orcs under a way better dark lord.

>Overly muscular roid rage half-elf fisherman with alchemy produced wings and burning hands

Fights with anything below Balrog levels would be over that much faster

Not a whole lot other than a technomancer crying to himself in a corner of Rivendell over the complete absence of wireless networks. He'd probably be standing against a wall in the background during the big meeting where the Fellowship is formed, visible for one or two shots, then never seen or mentioned again.

doesn't the ring let you alive?

well, if /v/ is allowed...
...I am a Freeblade Imperial Knight from Warhammer 40K
who said again, that one does not simply walk into Mordor?

dude, where can you see Boromir's hands?

>Half drow fighter/rogue with a heavy crossbow
Now the party has two Legolases.

Halfling thief
There can be only one!

>LG Female human Knowledge Cleric with Performer background
She'd probably have some banter and maybe romantic undertones with Boromir.
She would likely need to be protected heavily, but her healing and lore could be worth it. Boromir might have lived, which could have changed the story considerably, and a cleric's always a boon in a world filled with monsters.

>chaotic elf ranger with a deep mistrust and dislike of humans
Theoden is a dead man before Grima is revealed

>Last character was a Necromancer

If Aragon could get away with similar shit, why not you?

There's like 3 women in all of middle earth apparently, so you're good.

I really don't know, I just know it would be hilarious and concerning to have that character in the LOTR trilogy.

>Fundamentalist Paladin

Abstains from alcohol, pipe weed, sex. Will become violent if pressed to do either.
But will surround himself with these vices, because fighting temptation is noble.

Everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. So no orc killing unless witnessed to do evil. He will defend an orc to the death if someone tries to murder one.

I'm not sure if he'd take the ring for himself. The thought that Saurons will is stronger than his might anger him, and try to wear/weild it. BUT it's an obvious symbol of temptation and might get off not being able to wear it.

An Elven Artificer with a lever action rifle.

Well, that's a very different sort of elf for the Fellowship.

Never underestimate old school traps.

A police officer in a warzone

>NE gunfighter and assassin from the DM's grimdark 17th century setting
She spends most of the first movie sniping orcs, complaining about the discomfort of life on the road, and generally trying to receive the elven D from Legolas, then becomes basically useless when she runs out of powder for her flintlocks after the battle where Boromir dies.

When the fellowship splits up at the end of the movie, she wanders off to join with Saruman, since he's the only one in the setting who seems to know how to make black powder. By the Battle of Helm's Deep, the Uruk-hai are using muskets, the quest to destroy the ring fails, and the world is plunged into industrialization.

The real question is why someone like her was invited to join the fellowship to begin with.

>AdMech combat medic
>Fully augmented, plenty mechadendrites, barely has any fleshy bits left
>Party tank, medic, techie, craftsman, and heavy sniper

He will assume that he got stuck on a Feudal World that has yet to be reunited with the Imperium, and that Sauron must be some Chaos-worshipper. Gandalf is a weird combo of a psyker and a priest. The squats are squats, he never met an Eldar so the elves will get a pass since they are probably just slightly mutated and are helping the loyalists.

Best case scenario, he meets the team during the river crossing, sniping the Ringwraiths' horses after it becomes apparent that shooting them doesn't work. Everyone, including him, will be weirded out, but upon observing their loyalist, if primitive, attitudes, he will offer his aid.

While in Rivendell, he will craft a monstrous steel bow to preserve his sniper rifle's ammo. During the meeting, he will stay quiet and observe, and agree that the warpy ring must be obliterated. He will be surprised that the ratling will carry it, but apparently the local version has good warp resistance, so it's okay.

Considering that he needs very little sleep and is a pessimist-paranoid, he will have taken note of Boromir's interest in the ring, and would have a pretty good chance at saving him from himself and the orcs.

Besides that, the only difference he'd make would be shooting the bomber in Helm's Deep. He'd get a kick out of explaining gunpowder to the primitives after the battle.

>superhuman engineer
>modern armaments
>carrying a .50 BMG rifle, a 7.62x39 rifle, a .45 ACP suppressed pistol, grenades, tools, bricks of C4
After some adjustment, realization that he's stuck wherever and whenever he's ended up after this last experiment went awry, go out in a blaze of glory. Potentially snipe Saruman off his tower like an asshole, haven't had much luck with sniping yet, though.

>Space Wolf Devastator

The journey to Mount Doom can be told in a one-hour TV special. It's mostly laughter, and heavy bolter fire.

>Tiefling Daemonhoast of Tzeentch who tries to be less of a bitch but is bad at it
she ruins everything single handedly, repeatedly but she knows how to raise the dead so it kinda balances out

Half orc with a huge battle axe.

are half orcs even a thing in that setting?

>Human librarian turned wizard with a thirst for vengeance against a vampire
I'd be like a Gandalf who uses a fuckton more spells. I dunno if he would fall to the ring. He wants power to kill an asshole vampire baron, but taking the ring for himself would lead to more bad than good, so probably not. He would definitely be tempted though.

I guess the party has an Uruk-Hai along for the ride.

Mite b cool

Female Halfling bard. The Fellowship is my Harem

My last character was crazy druid, so basically Radagast. It would become the fucking Hobbit movies.

>Explorator
fly servo skull with ring attached to it directly into mount doom.
More machine then man so immune to it's corruption.
Probably ends up killing more people then Sauron and his armies by the end though.

Turns middle earth into a forge world.

What system?

That actually sounds pretty good.

Uruk-Hai who has had enough of Sauron's shit and after one beating too many has decided to walk a different path. He seeks redemption and if it is possible for him to be redeemed then maybe the rest of his kind are not without hope.

If orcs really were broken elves mingled with broken men then Uruk-Hai-Bro at the council would have been darkly humorous as all fuck, a sort of mirror of Elrond. "This is what you would have looked like had my old master been victorious" sort of thing.

Maybe he could raise a rebellion among the other orcs based on "Your life is shit. You have almost nothing left to loose. You have everything to gain, beat them with the chains they bound you with."

>old-school decker

Completely useless until his elven wife from another world figures out how to interface his deck with local magic. Sauron's eye gets flooded with random images and game streams.

>"Naga"
Street samurai with two robot arms. Dual wakizashi + katana combo.
Betaware grade4 symbiotes. Good armour.
It'd be interesting, at least.

>LN Drow warblade-duskblade-monk gestalt
Conventional enemies in any quantity or quality no longer pose serious threat to the Fellowship, provided Elrond agrees to his terms with regards to salary, bonuses, compensation for loss of gear/limb, authority for legal mediation, right to be tried as a citizen of whatever place seems most convenient, right to plunder, right to capture enemy armor and weapons, and right to hold captives for ransom. He'd go with Aragorn because dead halflings don't pay wages, and probably cause diplomatic gaffes by refusing to acknowledge that women exist.
If he stays in Aragorn's employ, probably serves as a drillmaster when he isn't out fighting in later wars against Black Numenoreans and Easterlings. If he's left to find employment on his own, he'll likely end up in Umbar and die fighting for Black Numenoreans when Aragorn comes over to crush them for good.

Red Book of Westmarch has a footnote about him and his estimated family tree, which consists entirely out of crudely drawn assholes and penises.

A changeling boogeyman with knives for fingers, obsessed with causing fear and afraid of physical confrontation.

Uh, well, everyone has nightmares and doesn't know why the whole trip.

>not utilisng said powers (immortality&the power to bend and corrupt forces to your will, not to mention other things that can be achieved with warp fuckery) besides, sauron is basically a demon prince anyways

>Mutants and Masterminds character who'se only power is Baccano style immortality
Well, the ring doesn't have anything to offer me, so thats nice

Best one so far, you had me right up till
> He'd get a kick out of explaining gunpowder to the primitives after the battle.
Would the AdMech even know about powder? I always imagined them experts in super-science, STCs, and rituals, but not necessarily knowing what old simple Earth stuff.
> AdMech watches primitive child mix vinegar and baking soda.
> HERESY!

>Well no, thieves can be neutral. Pretty sure a rapist would be evil.

This world is deemed heretical and an Exterminatus is called. How would they even respond?

>Elder Scrolls sword & board human Black Knight

Yet another jealous Boromir.

GIVE ME THE RING LITTLE MAN

He has Forbidden Lore (Archeotech), both Trade and Scholatic Lore in Chemist, and gunpowder is pretty old/low tech using simple ingredients. He's also an obsessive recycler and fought in the Imperial Guard for a few years against the Tau, so I imagine he knows his way around improvised explosives.

>Frost troll seer
>magic abilities include disorienting and incapacitating enemies; making them see things, knocking the wind out of their lungs with a look, swapping two people/objects in their field of vision
>has a one in five chance of gaining a prophetic vision of the following day, allowing the party to pre-roll one encounter and prepare ahead of time.
>competent spear-fighter
>Adventuring for the explicit purpose of giving Destiny and Fate the ultimate middle finger

He's probably a massively useful asset to the party. I don't know how he'd react in the presence of the Ring, though.

No-sense-of-right-and-wrong (NE, leaning heavily on TN) aligned tiefling necromancer. The tiefling part would usually be hidden under a spell, and the necromancer part under the fact that she's not usually the speak-to-dead-and-raise-them sort, except I doubt anything of the sort would fool Gandalf. If they somehow accept her as part of the team, she'd probably try and get the ring by principle, probably in Boromir's place.
And then, if she succeeds, Sauron might have a new challenger or lieutenant, in the form of a nonchalant 50-years old mother of 16.

Since you're the only one transported to the middle earth, you will probably be disappointed.

> pic very much related

Bulk Slabmeat, engineer/warmaster of federal colonyship. Stranded on a distant planet. Joins the local freedom fighters, because FREEDOM!

> Moria
> Gandalf tries to protect others retreat
> Bulk starts shooting his guns
> goblins die by the hundreds
> others try to say something but the screen cuts to Bulk shooting and shouting, and Bulk shouting and shooting
> eventually the balrog falls under too much dakka
> Bulk tosses his cigar butt after the falling balrgo and says his one-liner

"Ancent flame - toasted"

*the bridge of Khazad Dum explodes without any reason*

He goes and punches Sauron to the death, the ring be damned.

He would be killed straight away because he's a goblin.

A monk/sorcerer, could be useful.

A tomboyish Sun Soul Monk who can be mistaken as a boy. Recently had a makeover look more girly and now where sexy belly dancer like clothes. She's get a crush on Boromir

I don't see why Gandalf would be fazed by speaking to the dead and manipulating them, seeing how Aragorn did that.

>she'd get a crush on Boromir
Who wouldnt?

>Really tainted tiefling girl who focuses on fear.
I guess it will be interested when the Nazgul turn up. Time for a spook-off!

Rock Gnome Evoker Wizard with the Soldier background. He's an artillery piece with a fancy hat.

Combat just got faster and flashier.

>pokemon tabletop united
>STRONK as fuck, but to call him dumb as a rock would be an insult to rocks. Has a Machop who is a bit of a combat masochist.
>Would probably die by Leroy Jenkinsing some orcs

Actually the first character I played was part of the (Other) Fellowship of the (Other) Ring. He would be credit to the team, I'm sure.

As for the most recent one, well, quite capable in battle (inhumanly so), upbeat optimist... not much of a looker, but Gollum was worse, but then there's the whole flesh-devouring abomination part... and I'd imagine orcs taste about as bad as they look.

They have a second archer, a half-elf who also has fire magic.

In practice, though, she's not very fortunate and probably ends up missing a shot or getting spooked at a critical moment, leading to her or someone else's death.

What RPG were you playing that let you go as him?

>Pretty sure a rapist would be evil.
A sadistic rapist would be evil, someone just using someones holes despite what they want is just self-centred. he might even lubed their arse properly instead of just spitting on his dick first.

DM cobbled together various bits of other systems. I guess it's closest to d20 modern.

What Wis/Int is it necessary to consider multiclass Wizard/Druid?

>Thinking a daemon prince isn't more powerful than a puny spirit who can't even conquer one planet
>Thinking being stuck in your killable flesh sack body is a good thing
>Wanting sub-cultist tier minions like orcs
>Not praising Lord Tzeentch

Bitch as a daemon I will lead an army of Chaos Marines to take over this planet in a week.

fairly sure rape is evil regardless of how much lube you use - you are still forcibly violating someone

>if the ring is so worthless why would you get ascension for it?
>if a relic is powerful enough to warrant the granting of deamonhood you might as well just use its power to become a deamon prince through more direct means

Why don't we just encase the ring in a sphere or steel?

>Norse warrior/wrestler

Big cheery fucker who bonds with the hobbits over food and with the dwarf over a love of drink and axes. Totally loyal to the party, but probably wary of Gandalf for being a shifty spell-tosser at the onset of the journey, and scornful of Legolas for being too feminine, until he learns to gain a respect for both.

Overall, he fits right in, I guess. He won't complain as long as there's food and he gets to suplex some orcs.