Hey, Veeky Forums, I need a whole heap of reptilian monsters. Supernatural, mundane, weak, powerful...

Hey, Veeky Forums, I need a whole heap of reptilian monsters. Supernatural, mundane, weak, powerful, if its got scales and would scare a medieval peasant I'm throwing it in. The stranger the better.

Other urls found in this thread:

abookofcreatures.com/category/reptiles/
horrorflora.com/2016/11/15/atom-kaiju-file-bonus-a-guide-to-retrosaurs/
horrorflora.com/2017/01/21/atom-kaiju-file-bonus-a-guide-to-kaiju-and-yamaneon/
horrorflora.com/2017/02/22/atom-kaiju-file-bonus-reptodites/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bone naga
Naga
lamia

The imugi, a type of giant snake in Korean mythology. They're not dragons, but greatly desire to be one, and if they can acquire a Yeoujiu (a type of magic gem associated with the Cintamanni of Buddhist and Hindu myth) they can tranform into one. They have fierce appearances, but they're actually pretty benevolent creatures.

That's a mammal, bro.

Disregard this, I suck cocks.

False. Its a mammal-like reptile. Their ancestors would one day give rise to mammals, but they're not there yet.

I hope that's enough.
abookofcreatures.com/category/reptiles/

here is a thing that would eat a dragon

technically it has scales

We need more Korean mythology in general. Imugi also vary in apparance to "fuckhueg anaconda" to "fuckhueg [SNAKE OF CHOICE TO THREAD ON]" to "legless/hornless Chinese dragon".

Orochi and tsuchinoko also count.

There's also the Mongolian desert worm, but it's more pissed off sea worm (I forget the name of the coastal worms that will bite you if pissed).

Retrosaurs are always good for this(as are Kaiju versions of them);

horrorflora.com/2016/11/15/atom-kaiju-file-bonus-a-guide-to-retrosaurs/

horrorflora.com/2017/01/21/atom-kaiju-file-bonus-a-guide-to-kaiju-and-yamaneon/

horrorflora.com/2017/02/22/atom-kaiju-file-bonus-reptodites/

must have a pretty slow metabolism if it only gets to eat once a year

Ya don't mind if the scales are under feathers, do ya?

>Proto-avians
>Reptiles

honestly by modern science Reptile is kinda a meaningless term(kinda like how Fish is one as well these days)

I like these guys, they're just so implausible.

I mean taxonomically they're still a valid class but anything that looks slimey/scaley/slithery gets class a reptile by average people, much like how all insects are referred to as "bugs"

>and yet a proto-mammal was posted