Infinity General: Let's Get Down To Business Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli which will make a man out of you.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (brought to attention it's missing pages) www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/CXIEa
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV
youtube.com/channel/UCbO4Vs1vlAA9hz7Ad7IMgug
youtube.com/user/GamingwithThe
youtube.com/channel/UCS0ZSrI3bxZyBOEC-oZbmnw
army.infinitythegame.com/index.html?l=OwBgTAPgzCIdBSAbGMCwEZjAQQisqulgJx4EpqYAcIeGALMlAaiE7gKyFOYl1cexajlxZmSdJgz0ySKNSmMEAARgJgDbmE7qxaeTLYCDmYsDS5TRrByYpWGakxUqgA==]Open
asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/China-Japan-to-team-up-in-3bn-anime-market?page=1
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/report-anime-industry-up-12-percent-in-2015/.107055
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

To defeat PanO.

Hsien has sent me Zhanshi,

When I asked for Zuyong.

You're the saddest bunch I ever met

But you can bet before we're through

Zhanshi, I'll make Guilang out of you

>Terrain folder
> All of CB's official partners
>not a bunch of papercraft for players to get in the game quickly and cheaply

This general is almost too official for its own good. Generals should help introduce new players to a game not just advertise CB's overly expensive partners

At least she's not from Dawn.

I don't make the pasta, I just copy it. But if changes should be made, I'm all for it.
IIRC the batreps link is no longer valid?

Any good podcasts out there about Infinity?

I'm aware of MayaCast, Personal Flashpaper, Remote Presence, and Lhost

Second for more papercraft. That shit is worth its weight in gold. Which actually would be a very small amount of gold. But still gold.

glorious

Reminder that Felix dominates Amba just like the Nomads dominate PanO

From behind, with an ADHL?

Did anyone get wind of the next big event for Corvus Belli when they're going to display the next big bunch of Dossiers and planned model releases list for the next year?

I thought something like that would happen around this month, am I wrong?
This will influence my future purchase behaviour a lot, so it would be good to know.

Adepticon user.

Least that's what I've heard. Big shit going on down reveal wise this month.

NIMBUS + FORWARD OBSERVER + SENSOR:

Is this possible:

I place a nimbus template.

Another unit advances and shoots through the nimbus zone with his Forward Observer (which "is a form of Attack with a BS Weapon that uses the WIP attribute")

using Triangulated Fire (from my sensor, allowing "the user to declare a BS Attack with one of his BS Weapons") at a fixed -3 MOD to hit, ignoring all other MODS (except the Nimbus -1 MOD to FO Burst)

marking a target which can only FtF ARO with the disadvantages from Nimbus template.

Am I overseeing anything that would stop this, or is it legit?

What the hell do you call a Winter Vixen if they've got a penis?

Wife.

Which is the most forgiving faction, gameplay-wise?

sup dudes,

Just wanted to get your thoughts on my Anaconda? This is actually the best I've painted, but I was half asleep at the time and haven't been able to do it since.

rest can be found imgur.com/gallery/CXIEa

Something tells me it might be Dog Bowl. Hairy arm would suggest it.

ALEPH. For a high lethality game the fuckers are really hard to kill.

any faction, if you roll good numbers
if you roll bad numbers there will be no forgiving factions

Never heard of such thing.
Who uses Nimbus, anyway?

Curious, is there fluff on the SEAsian nations? I know PanO gets a lot of power from the Philippines, Haqqislam has what appear to be Malaysan units, and Yu Jing contains other Asian nations beyond China/Japan/Korea/Tibet/Mongolia.

Meta-chemistry.com is pretty good when they actually post a show, which is like never. A new one is due out soon...
Dexter and Nate are some of the top ranked players in the game.

Triangulated Fire works with Forward Observer just fine. Yes it would ignore the nimbus zone mod as well as range, camo, and cover mods but not the -1 burst. So you'd be rolling burst 1 at -3. Nimbus is pretty edge case of when you'd actually want to use it, even going from B2 to B1 sucks. The Triangulated Fire + Forward Observer trick is best done from way out of range, hopefully the opponent is taking -3, -6 range penalty plus cover.

Indonesia was a founding member of PanO and several other nearby nations joined afterwards. They seem to have gotten most islands, while China has the mainland and Japan.

Haqq probably got some people from the Muslim countries there, but they all left to go to Bourak or Mars. Haqq doesn't have much in the way of territory on Earth.

Isn't there a Pinoy unit? I forget the name though.

pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

I tried to find some stuff.

As for youtube channels, yeah that link is dead but...

Guerrilla Miniature Games- best known for creating Infinity Recon!
youtube.com/channel/UCbO4Vs1vlAA9hz7Ad7IMgug

Gaming with The Cooler- Occasional Infinity, mostly plays with above
youtube.com/user/GamingwithThe
Cooler

Direct Action Games- well made batreps on great terrain
youtube.com/channel/UCS0ZSrI3bxZyBOEC-oZbmnw

Tohaa, because they get the version that is actually effective. Also pretty good against link teams when you have the burst advantage.

Why making the Nimbus strange thing when you can actually pull out the smoke combo with the Gao-Real MSV2 + Smoke grenades from the Kerail guy?

So guys had my first couple of demo games and am looking at factions here.

What faction/sectorial lets me play aggressive tactically speaking, are multipurpose, and are rather survivable.

I was recommended the steel phalanx but wanted a second opinion.

If your opponent hast MSV 2 too, Nimbus might be an alternative option because it affects MSVs.

Nice combo with direct templates at close ranges, dependent on what the enemy MSV guy wields.

That was a good recommendation. Others would be Tohaa and YuJing that focuses on Heavy Infantry.

Proper link teams and MSV2 troops give a grand total of 0 fucks about your smoke combo. Nimbus still works against them.

I just read under MSV2 that

" A trooper equipped with this piece of Equipment ignores the Dodge effect of Smoke Special Ammunition."

Does that turn the smoke-throwers roll into a normal roll (actually kinda increasing the propability of him succeeding to place the template)?

I forget, too. More than likely, the religious/Catholic PanO units have a fair number of Filipino/as with them - biggest Catholics out of all the Asian nations. (something something Timor)

I vaguely recall something about Vietnam in regards to Yu Jing.

Haqq would most likely have a fair number of Malaysians/South Philippines/Burmese/North Chinese/Brunei/et cetera. The official model paint of the Spitfire Odalisque is more than likely Malaysian/North Chinese.

Augmented

There's also the CA unit named for Filipino werevampires, the Aswang, derived from PanO Filipino units.

You have a pretty good baseline and freehanding there, but of course the TAG is in desperate need of some edge highlights to really make the details pop. If you do that properly with thinned down paint (use a medium) you'd have it at a really solid level.

Tikbalang is based of Filipino folklore.

Responding to the wrong duderino there.

Two normal rolls IIRC

Hey anyone wanna help a guy out in coming up with a steel phalanx list that makes use of the steel phalanx starter?

Yeah, but the guy cannot cancel being shot.

Fair enough. I was using water to thin them down at the time. I don't think I've used medium before. Is there any special trick to using medium, or is it self explanitary?

Rate my lists boys

Mag/Fasid goes down and you can't kill shit. Use your SWC.

One order Hunza is a waste and BS Janissary is just weird.

You're a bit short on anti-camo. Sensorbot is cheap as hell and great at discovering camo bitches so you can shoot them. Otherwise seems alright though.

This one is a bit weirder. The second Jan doesn't really have enough to justify his inclusion. You might as well just get a hacker to cast fairy dust on the far more useful doc rather than wasting time with another whole short range HI.

Similar anti-camo issues, and I'm not sure that those pfausts are going to be worth it. The Khawarij in particular would probably be better as a spitfire or doc.

Same story as the previous one for the shotgun Jan and anti-camo.

What faction/sectorial is best suited for defensive play? Take and hold kind of deal. The game really seems to favor the aggressor.

Nomads, probably. They've got Sin Eaters, Rudy, several CrazyKoala platforms, cheap minelaying infiltrators, an unparalleled hacking network and some mean defensive remotes.

Maybe PanO and YJ for their higher ARM/Wound values with their HIs and TAGs which lets them stay on the field longer and soak up orders. USARF for high ARM but very little multiwound models. There are other ways to play defensively. For example Hassassin Bahram is great at Speed Bump tactics - Muttawiah jam sessions, Lasiq Snipers/Suppression, Farzan minelayers, etc etc Plus taking out key targets with Al Djabibble. Nomads also has a lot of board control with perimeter weapons and hacking support.

>The game really seems to favor the aggressor
Well, duh. Almost every single objective is accomplished in the Active Turn. Best thing to do in response is the deploy/end the turn watching over some key firelanes. Set up some Suppression Fire, mines, stay in cover, set up multiple AROs, do whatever to make them waste orders, etc etc

Tohaa can be a pain to dislodge on defense with B2 on all the triad member AROs and extra wounds from Symbioarmor and Symbiomates.

Bring fire.

maybe one year ago. After HSN3 Tohaa don't have that crippling weakness to fire anymore, only the Gorgos is still strongly affected and barely anyone uses it. Single wounds Symbioarmors don't give a shit about fire anymore.

yeah I meant to respond to I'm a silly goose

It's happening

Useful against literally 3 units, 2 of which are uncommon. The vast majority of Tohaa units don't give a fuck about fire anymore.

FAT
A
T

Not optimized, but hopefully it gives you a taste of how the army operates:

Steel Phalanx
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 8 / 1
THORAKITES Submachine gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15)
THORAKITES Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
THORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
ALKÊ Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 25)
MYRMIDON Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0.5 | 31)
MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 16)
MACHAON Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0.5 | 38)
EUDOROS Mk12, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 40)

GROUP 25
ACMON Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nimbus Grenades, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)
NETROD Electric Pulse. (0 | 4)
DACTYL Engineer Combi Rifle, Adhesive-Launcher, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 23)
DACTYL Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle, Adhesive-Launcher, Nimbus Grenades / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 23)
AGÊMA Marksman Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 27)

5 SWC | 300 Points

[url=army.infinitythegame.com/index.html?l=OwBgTAPgzCIdBSAbGMCwEZjAQQisqulgJx4EpqYAcIeGALMlAaiE7gKyFOYl1cexajlxZmSdJgz0ySKNSmMEAARgJgDbmE7qxaeTLYCDmYsDS5TRrByYpWGakxUqgA==]Open in Infinity Army

USAriadna

Grunts are arm3 for 10 points a pop and can swap their rifle for a heavy flamethrower and light shotgun for free, you put a link of them in a roof and they will be unmovable for super cheap

I almost don't think I can believe it. After 11 months since April fools and since 2008-ish since Bostria put it on his DA we might actually get the Fat Yuan Yuan.

Unless you shoot them with a large weapon on a capable platform. They're a good line troop link with their spammable snipers, good armour and heavy flamers, but they're still a line troop link. There are better defensive links like Haramaki/Magister ML packs, and the rest of USAriadna isn't defensively oriented at all.

Time is racing forwards until I ... arrive.

Keep your noodle shop stocked and you might ... survive.

Do you think they'll actually include him in the army builder, if so for what armies? I'd take it as every Vanilla army - combined and maybe QK or they'd just make him like an HVT or the bootleg and not have an actual in game presence.

As someone looking for a miniature skirmish game can someone sell me on this?

Tohaa.

Its a great game. Tight, fun, exciting ruleset, amazing minis, interesting setting. It is created by smart, artistic, lazy Spaniards instead of money-grubbing, retarded limeys.

What questions do you have about it.

Can USAriadna make more of an elite force and be effective? To compare in other games I play Von Schill in Malifaux, triple Defenders in X-Wing and Dwarfs in Blood Bowl. I am really not sure what faction to go for based on that.

They *can* but that is not where their strengths lie. Any faction can build most types of lists, factions are defined more by what they are missing than what they have.

But sure, a full link of Marauders, Van Zant, Blackjacks can be an elite force. But you are missing out on the excellent Grunts, Desperados and Foxtrots if you do that.

The most "elite factions" are CA, YJ, Aleph and Pan-O.

But any faction can make an elite list.

Does it make use of terrain like mordheim?
Are the rules a slog of brain or pretty easy to roll with?
What's some interesting factions?
How much does a usual force/army/team cost?

Terrain is an integral part of the game. If the table doesn't look like a small town you're doing it wrong.

Rules are a bit of a slog desu, bu they are good.

All factions are good and interesting. It's up to you to find what you like the most.

150$ should be enough for a full force.

Well the easiest sell on the game is how great the minis actually look, so I might suggest looking through the catalog here
It's a futuristic setting partly Manga inspired.

Otherwise it has a neat rule set with the motto of "it's always your turn" and you do feel involved the entire game even when it is your opponent's turn as you have to contemplate options like laying a mine, throwing down smoke to block vision, dodging, shooting and if so with which weapons, or even close combat so you're genuinely making decisions throughout the entire game. In your active turn itself, you've got the regular moving and shooting but on top of that they've got some rules set out where you can do lots of cool tricks like sneaking between buildings, using camouflage to your advantage, laying down line of sight blocking smoke, leaning out over a building's edge to shoot some guys on the side of the building when you're on the roof, and using nintendo power gloves plus VR goggles to hack your enemies so that their exosuits get immobilized. Games genuinely feel about the skills you have as a player creatively using what you got over the list you made plus whatever chance may have rolled for you. It may sound like a steep learning curve but it doesn't actually feel like it as you generally ease into it with the first couple of games, you learn what you can do organically.

Oh, and the rules are free online as .pdf with an app and online army builder.

It's probably going to be ITS Season 9 reward mini.

You need a significantly larger amount of terrain than say, warmachine and more dense and smaller than warhammer 40k. it should look like a realistic cityscape. Think a medium sized map from a contemporary shooting game.

The rules are a mile wide and an inch deep. There will be considerable back and forth looking up modifiers and whatnot, but the game is pretty simple once you understand a couple of things. You have to understand what is open and secret information. Some stuff is okay to ask for and you can make your game plan off of that, and some stuff your opponent doesn't have to tell you, and vice versa. A lot of it is an abstraction in terms of where you're moving and what you're doing, so be very clear with your intentions and your declarations. Words mean things, and they will dictate how your opponent reacts. If you realize that you just stepped into a trap, well sorry. After you get that down its rolling dice and referencing tables, basically.

>Does it make use of terrain like mordheim?
Terrain is super important and it has TLoS that isn't terribly implemented.
>Are the rules a slog of brain or pretty easy to roll with?
The rules are pretty simple, and factions share special rules, so its not like Malifaux or Wm where every model has a unique special rule you have to memorize. That said, it is very different, so you will have to unlearn assumptions from other games.
>What's some interesting factions?
All of them.
>How much does a usual force/army/team cost?
They release some 300 point starter boxes (tournament level) for $100, but usually it is closer to $150 retail (cheaper online).

Huh, many thanks user. That was a lot more concise than I expected.

The biggest selling point to a game these days is being able to build my own terrain. That and barren battle maps with nothing but a few rocks makes me fall asleep quicker than the movie TROY.

>$150
Nice, that a full force that should cover me for whatever I wanna try with that faction or is that like "here's a start, go"

The game is and should be terrain heavy. Lots of buildings, a few fire lanes, and you really shouldn't have much sight directly to the opponent's deployment zone from your own. Otherwise the game could get unintentionally dominated by a single sniper or buffed missile launcher. Plus all the terrain can make it look cooler.

All the factions are pretty interesting, there's something for everyone.

You could even get a full 300 point army pack for like $70 if you shop right.

>mfw anime will create Yujing IRL

asia.nikkei.com/Business/Trends/China-Japan-to-team-up-in-3bn-anime-market?page=1

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-29/report-anime-industry-up-12-percent-in-2015/.107055

>According to the report, the total market value of the anime industry in 2015 was 1.83 trillion yen (about US$18.1 billion), up about 12% from 2014's 1.63 trillion yen. This continues the industry's upward trend; the total market value in 2014 was up 10% from 2013.

>Last year, the AJA attributed part of the industry's success to the sale of streaming rights in China, and in 2013 the report noted an increase in anime-related events and exhibits. This year, the AJA reported a 78.7% rise in the sale of streaming rights in China and a 68.2% growth in the live events field.

150$ is for a single force. After that it's you just need to get new stuff if you wanna try something else or really like a certain model. Also listbuilding is largely dependent on what you want to do. There are no netlists and it comes down to effectively using what you have

It's happening

Goddamn it why are Tiger Soldiers so fucking cool

China's love of money is starting to outweigh their fear of foreigners. People were watching the stuff irregarry anyway, might as well tax that shit.

Now if we can get Haqquislam too.

>Nice, that a full force that should cover me for whatever I wanna try with that faction or is that like "here's a start, go"
The baance is good enought that you will probably want to own your entire faction eventually, because almost everything is great.

This is a lot cheaper if you choose to go sectorial (subfaction).

I wonder why it is two models?

One for the keg of beer? Or maybe Pulpi's getting a model?

Pulpi would be a great CA drone stand in if it is on the right size base.

Sculpted that way.

They're my personal favorite balance for having good looking models that match how good their rules are.

If the Hassassin Ayyar comes along and is well sculpted complimenting its concept art, that'd probably replace the Tiger as my favorite model rules+looks blend.

Have to agree with most facts, fights are often determined how good you move, having a good understanding and skill will show itself really well.
Thr only part I disagree is the "always your turn", while ARO is a cool part don't extervegate the active part
While you do have options to react to an enemy turn often it boils down to 2 options. Furthermore a cautious player, or just some factions will throw smoke everywhere so I still becomes watch your enemy do shit.
It is more reactive then most IGUG games but there exist alternative activation game.

As long as a smoke thrower isn't also subject to analysis paralysis and isn't a high order count spammer, rendering the game back down to "watch em go" isn't too painful, and you'll still want to confirm the active player's LOF and ZOC calls.

The last few changes in w40k made me quit the game for good, as I do not see how my army is every going to get a comperable update. At the same time I have seen some people at my FLGS play some infinity, and while I did not get the game play the models looks awesome. Plus the fact that lists are limited to around 20 models with no super huge models being obligatory seems awesome as fuck.

Now I checked some tournament data, and it seems like there is , or am failing to find a patern, dominant faction. Which seems good and bad at the same time. Good for skilled people, bad for new people. Personaly I like powerful easy to play armies. I think I could work with an alfa strike list, if it isn't too much skill heavy. But what I would like, and to what am used to, is some very shoty army that can turtle on to objectives and protect them with superior fire power. I heard that in infinity melee almost never happens, and I like that aspect of the game too. Anyone can give me a list that could just that that? not too very high skill army, with superior fire power and big resilience. A safe to play army someone can start with. And if the list would have an option to later become more skill intensive, am ok with that too.
But my main focus is powerful and easy to play with.

PanO would be good for starters, they have some of everything and usually a good statline. The japanese sectorial can get into melee fairly easy as far as I know due to superior infiltration and camouflage.

There indeed is no dominant faction. I do believe nowadays Nomads, Yu Jing, and Combined Army are seeing more play than others, but the margins of which they get represented more is not so high. Nomads tend to be the most popular army, given that it was part of a two-player starter set and otherwise has fluff, rules, and aesthetics that tend to attract players.

Now, it seems you want to strike hard and stand like stone. Lots of factions can cater to that, and even more so in sectorials (subfactions where you get limited choices but better availability and the ability to group people up for extra bonuses). In that regard I might suggest Yu Jing (Imperial Service's Wu Ming can strike hard along with Hsien and Su Jian (transformer) while Japanese have Space Samurai who are more effective than they should be for their cost as they ignore the effects of being impetuous while linked as a group), Combined Army (Onyx or Morats seem like they'd cater to your taste), Aleph, Tohaa, and Pan Oceania.

I'm not going to make lists for you, but which of those seem to grab your attention? It's generally not hard to make a list if we can narrow it down from there, I wouldn't want to pick a faction for you as there are many ways to skin a cat.

>Now I checked some tournament data, and it seems like there is , or am failing to find a patern, dominant faction.
Because there isn't one. In 2015 spammy Haqqislam and Yu Jing armies took top places in Interplanetario, in 2016 top spot was taken by the elite ALEPH (although 14 orders is a lot for ALEPH).

>But what I would like, and to what am used to, is some very shoty army that can turtle on to objectives and protect them with superior fire power
The problem is that in most cases you need to do more with objectives than sit on them and this is a high lethality game.

But PanO and Morat Agression Force would be what you'd be looking for. They are all about brute force, with PanO liking it at range (think Tau) while Morats being just balls-to-the-wall brutal and they don't afraid of anything (so Space Marines, with "And They Shall Know No Fear" being neatly called "Morat" rule).

To elaborate on Morats: they are the big apemen of Combined Army, acting as shock troops in vanilla CA and Onyx Contact Force, where they make the brute backbone for other species' shenanigans. On their own, in Morat Agression Force, they do no shenanigans and double down on brutality. They do not care about rolling Guts (morale for checking if your guy moves out of enemy fire, effectively giving up guarding) and they ignore the effects of Loss of Lieutenant (whereas everyone else is basically going full retard for a turn). It's called the "Morat" rule. But unlike PanO they also have access to Smoke and warbands (disposable, usually CC-focused troops for cutting down stuff that sucks at melee, like TAGs). And they love their big guns.
Their drawback is lack of infiltration. If your opponent is playing an infiltration heavy list (like Ariadna or Nomads), you're basically giving up board control to them and will often need to go through a literal minefield.

Which boxset, Icestorm or Red Veil, is more noob-friendly and the better value?

nice title.