Who remembers this shit? because the baldricks are invading the last setting you played Veeky Forums

tboverse.us/HPCAFORUM/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=29

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheSalvationWar?from=Main.TheSalvationWar

Hell portals start appearing in the last setting you played in and the armies of a biblical hell come pouring out ready to slaughter everything in their path.

What happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheSalvationWar?from=Main.TheSalvationWar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would they send random lil dudes against a monster when we own and operate jets that can strike from a hundred miles away?

>My last D&D campaign largely took place on a narrow strip of coastline between a trackless forest and the mountains, with flat plains that gradually grew colder until you hit the arctic north. Coastal towns littered the region.

The baldricks arive and murderkill everything, in fact their heralds alone can demolish all the towns as is.

>play a survival horror game
This is pretty much already the premise of the game.

>portals with demons
>last setting
But user that is the plotline of the setting I played last, called Rifts. It's fuckin' rad, check it out.

I remember. It was military tech wank at its finest, without engaging characters or storylines, and no redeeming qualities.
Pretty meh IMO.

>operation iraqi freedom
they were probably here beforehand.

so pull them out lol

pull them back 1000 miles

The guys in the novel actually were pretty authentic about how modern armies go about doing stuff, the stupid shit is mostly about how much he undersold hell(and heaven in war) like how mental attacks could be blocked with tinfoil and flying demons catch on fire when shot because they fly using combustible gas.

Earth vs heaven is the part where all pretenses of this not being a wankstory go to die however, namely how the bible has various eplicit quotes about how angels are immaterial spirital beings that are able to kill over 180,000 soldiers in a single night another angel causes erthquakes when it decends from heaven and several angels were the ones who maaintained the piller of fire during exodus.

alvation war angels are literally just people with wings and minor psionics.

>tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/TheSalvationWar?from=Main.TheSalvationWar

"A straight example of the trope are some of the complaints that humans are "overpowered" and that the demons' and angels' supernatural abilities are downplayed. Humans are only "overpowered" in the sense that real-life weapons actually can be just that powerful, especially applied en masse. No amount of special quick-healing and damage-absorbing abilities will survive massive barrages of raw firepower; the author's first post in the thread that inspired Armageddon??? pointed out that humanity had by the beginning of 2008 essentially outdone the known capabilities of demons from Hell or angels from Heaven, or even acts of Satan or God/Yahweh, as described in the Old and New Testaments."

They're invading 40k, so they run back through the hell portals screaming about fifteen minutes later.

Also that story is shit. Nu atheist, the poorly-written fanfic.

I'm pretty sure Veeky Forums has done the math on this before and determined that Balors would be immune to small arms and HMG fire but the HEAT rounds fired from tanks would penetrate their DR with sheer dice, by D20 modern RAW

HahahahahAhahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

desu, Salvation War was so much wasted potential.

Even though we get Bill Clinton murdering a succubus with an autoshotgun, you can only do so much with spectacle. Every enemy is boneheadedly stupid cuz religion. Every enemy's serious damage is replied to in kind with overwhelming victories for the good guys.

Where are the creepy, nasty demons ranging from the Ars Goetica goons, goat-demons, to the Qlipoth? Where are we fighting oni and tengu, or nucklavees, or kumiho, or aswang? Where's the fact you'd need completely different tactics to fight Islamic demons, which are assholes made of fire or smoke? Or the fact looking at an angel often causes you to ascend after burning to a crisp?

In one of our super-hero games, Space Demons went all conquistador on hell.

>What happens?

Well, I'm playing Rifts ATM, so this is basically business as usual.

But I'd never heard of the Salvation War before now, so thanks for this:

>“We’re getting messages from other countries right now. First one is from Mr. George Yong-Boon Yeo, Minister of Foreign Affairs in Singapore. Apparently a demon landed there, carrying a demand for Singapore’s submission.”

>“What did he do?”

>“Nothing Sir. The demon’s demand was wrapped up in some sort of parchment and he dropped it on landing. Littering is a serious offense in Singapore Sir, and the Singapore police riddled the demon with bullets and then beat it to death."

KeK

I find it rather... Frustrating that i ended up rooting for the demons over the humans. If there's one antagonist you should be able to watch get slaughtered and not feel bad over, it's demons from hell.

I found myself skipping most of the human POV sections because the human characters were just bland and unintresting. The examinations of demonic socity and their reactions to various events were compelling enough to actually make me invested with the various demon characters(like that general demon who lead hell's first strike force)

I assumed the Americans had summoned the demon.

But we aren't heathen trash

>But we aren't heathen trash

>he picked a picture of a ricenigger

>he thinks the other guy is a cumskin mayofaggot