Guys. It literally sounds just like whats happening today

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dot-com_bubble

Actually read it and compare it to whats happening today. Every fucking coin and token is going up. No one even knows what half the coins do, but they throw money into them anyways.

Be honest on here: strawpoll.me/14652433

Considering:

1. These retards nowadays can throw together any shitty github page and LinkedIn crap and people will buy into it, without even having to show themselves irl

and

2. Crypto as a whole is less important than the entire fucking internet as a business

and I think we're due for a bubble popping soon. Seriously I went from $15600 to $64000 I think I should just exit

The dot com bubble popped on March 10th, 2000. It happened because Dell + Cisco whales basically dumped on the market a shit ton of shares, which causes a panic sell.

Are we just gonna go on like this til one day some faggot whale group dumps their 700,000 bitcoin at the same time, causing bitcoin to crash from $23,486 to $14,137, which then causes a massive chain reaction of panic sells, and then we're as poor as we started?

jesus christ are you retards this brain dead? Take a fucking break from shilling your garbage chainlink tokens or your stupid cardano vaporware which is just another clone of ethereum, you only heard about 3 seconds ago, and consider the fact that the bubble just might prematurely pop, VERY SOON.

Has anyone seen a coin do this yet?

"Lavish spending by dot-coms[edit]
The "growth over profits" mentality and the aura of "new economy" invincibility led some companies to engage in lavish internal spending, such as elaborate business facilities and luxury vacations for employees. Upon the launch of a new product or website, a company would organize an expensive event called a dot com party."

If not, we might still have time.

no one cares faggot

bitconnect and all of the genuine ponzis do this because they are selling a lifestyle

Thanks user just sold $100k

Never selling my 60 Monero until it hits at least $50K a coin.

I have a real job that pays six figures. I’d rather see my gains get eaten than have the FOMO of knowing I could’ve been a millionaire if I hadn’t converted into trash fiat

also no sane whale wants to crush the market they are participating in, at most they exit slowly so that their sells at least get good weighted prices instead of crushing the books.

The weirdest thing to consider, is these dot com companies had to actually do irl stuff. Like I said before, these crypto start ups just have to make a github where they pretend theyre hard at work making super good interwebcoins, but back then, they had to invest serious capital into warehouses, expanding their online businesses to ship to farther places and more cities, hiring more people, etc.

Does anyone think this difference will have an effect on when the bubble pops?

Oh no shit we're in a bubble. But it's not close to popping.

we fucking know you giant faggot. The point is to make as much as possible and hold the top 2-3 coins.

>muh dotcom
>no company survived the dot com

Stfu. I can't sell till January.

all you have to do is put your money into the amazons and ebays of crypto bruh

True. I already sold $15600 worth, what I started with. I wonder if I should just convert my remaining ETH, IOTA into XMR and just hold it with my 14 XMR I already have forever. Like its impossible to track who owns what monero anyways lul

why is facebook worth half a trillion with projections to double, OP?

I never put in more than I was willing to lose. If this thing crashes, as least we're crashing together. Our pain will be shared.

well, when you notiice everything tanking, just sell everything at once and exit into fiat. thats not too hard is it?

Actually, the wiki page says the top dot com stocks weren't the ones that necessarily lived through the bubble. Many smaller names survived and lived on. Like 48% of dot come companies survived the crash, but that doesn't mean their stocks didn't plummet from $11 to $0.19

Wow we started with very similar numbers.

I’ll probably sell $10K worth if I hit $100K. I’m at $50K right now

Crypto. Isn't. Investing. It's. Fucking. Currency

Projections are just projections. Everyone projects crypto to just keep going up 4ever like they did during the dotcom bubble.

Brian Armstrong will not permit this. Coinbase will undoubtably "experience issues" during peak transactions, and not allow people to sell, resulting in even more panic when the price of bitcoin is tanking, and then even if it was going to start to recover, more people would try to sell once theyre finally allowed to. itll be a giant chain reaction and we wont be prepared for it

The dot com bubble lasted 4 years - we have time ;)

The more people try to convince me that crypto is a bubble, the less I believe it's a bubble.

Yeah that’s why I try to buy the cryptos I actually want to use in 5 years

Coinbase was founded in 2012 tho...

5 yrs normies have been buying

You try to sound smart by "predicting" something everyone knows already. What's the point?

you can not dispute the actual technology that is being cultivated. For example, ETH is/will transform the way financial institutions conduct business. It would be very hard for a new coin to displace it. It is estimated blockchain tech will save the global financial industry $6billion.

Just take 10% of your boomer portfolio and throw it in few projects that actually will transform business based on blockchain tech

>Brian Armstrong will not permit this. Coinbase will undoubtably "experience issues" during peak transactions, and not allow people to sell, resulting in even more panic when the price of bitcoin is tanking, and then even if it was going to start to recover, more people would try to sell once theyre finally allowed to. itll be a giant chain reaction and we wont be prepared for it

source

Or just remember to take profits. You don't even have to cash them out completely, I take half profits and keep them in exchanges with USD pairs and stop losses. If the bubble "pops" and I'm in a coma it worst I'll lose like half my net worth.

It's a bubble, but it's not popping any time soon. If the pop is in 2000, we're in 98.

Think about this, all of crypto combined, every good and bad idea both, combined, is just barely over the market cap of Facebook. A single company.

If we're speculating, do you really not think there's one idea in the mess of ~1300, that's worth a new Facebook? Or several combined?

In the end, a lot of junk will go the way of pets.com. No one will be getting rich off of single tweets any more, but a lot of real, stable long term projects will arise from the ashes in the same way that we saw during the dotcom bust. It's not like if you had invested in Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, etc back in 1998, that you'd be broke today.

Make your quick money on the pets.com of today, and keep your long term money in worthwhile projects that will survive.

The thing with the dot-com bubble was that the internet grew bigger after that when all the scam and startups died. Cryptos aren't going away but a lot of people are going to get hurt when this bubble pops.

A lot of shitcoins gonna die. But the ones that survive will be the pillars of the new world economy.

It could be different. Maybe we're witnessing a total paradigm shift. These coins are worth what we agree that they are. We just need good propaganda.

> Not factoring in that the doc com bubble wasn't international

>We just need good propaganda.

Sometimes I wish more /pol/acks saw the potential in cryptocurrency

so what's separating whats happening currently with the alt boom in summer?

FUDers gon fud, foh faggot.

xvg almost has a billion marketcap. look at their fucking logo. this was a shitty vergen girl coin last month and now its worth .9 billion.
its definitely a bubble but i wonder how far we can inflate it. i thought it was a bubble in august and i still jumped in

This. It's how every market works. Things have to reach mania and overvaluation before they snap back to true value then rise again.

Yes, we'll be overvalued at some point, if we aren't already, you just have to have faith in crypto and blockchain as a new and disruptive technology and hodl.

this, if you're holding any of the coins that are going to survive the burst then you're gonna make it.

yes. 100%

>$14,137
>poor as we started
speak for yourself you fucking newfag.

How much fiat exists right now? And how much fiat can be created?

reread idiot

Eth was destroyed by kitties. Eos or clm may displace

people can just dump into tether and wait for the panic to calm. This would work just fine unless crypto dies completely, which probably wouldn't happen
>inb4 fraudulent tethers bullshit

Nigga even dead dev coins will pump just ride the waves

>massive chain reaction of panic sells

Invest in Neo, Vertcoin, and Link and you will survive even after the bubble burst

P-perhaps it's just a correction to the actual value and everything is super undervalued, r-right?

The derivatives market is worth 300 trillions. Crypto market is tiny and very few are rich from this. The number of billionaire remains steady and millionaires barely moves.

I'm calling it now. Dimecoin to 1 cent in 2018.

Every retard and their mom is a bitcoin expert nowadays. BTC is bound to crash hard, the million dollar question is knowing when. I don’t believe it will end there though, since the block chain concept is revolutionary indeed.

This will probably be 10,000x worse than 2008. Since it still has a lot of room to grow and lure in more dumb money. I’d say it has potential to reach 100k before panic starts settling in.

So far cryptocoins are the definition of a Ponzi scheme. Get in early, accumulate, lure others in, they’ll probably lure others themselves and so on. Once the price goes up enough, the first wave that got in starts dropping their bags and so on. Typical greater fool theory.

Duh, but my dad said that when he worked in San Jose in the 90s there were 20 year old NEETs driving Ferraris. If you get in a bubble early, you’ll get rich af.

I only see millionaires in biz (blockfolio). Will I make it with 10k investment pls tell me... If it's not crashing then Crypto now starts to boom.. :(

Nah, Q4 2017 was the time that we are really seeing normies join coinbase.

>It is estimated blockchain tech will save the global financial industry $6billion.
That's a pretty low estimate considering crypto mcap. I bet Req and its building blocks (aragon, kyber, 0x, etc) will save the financial industry way more than 500B a year when its in real use. Blockchain supply chain tech will save more than ten billions alone in just pharma and food, and thats a very low estimate.

>source
Coinbase, Gemini and Bitstamp "had issues and were unavailable" the last times it seemed like BTC might be starting to flash crash, like when BTC went to 11k and then very quickly went down to 9K despite ~50m tethers being minted.

Why does there seem to be a consensus that we are in a "bubble"? Bitcoin is not your typical stock. It's an ambitious project that aims to be a store of value and an alternative to fiat.

If you look at the log scale the growth is quite organic. The supply is scarce and it's only natural that the price will go up as more people and institutions want to get a piece of the cake.

This. I can be rich or poor. Idgaf as long as I can be with my bizbros/btards.
Even if crypto crashes it will rise from the ashes. The blockchain is here to stay.
The ride never ends

Go all in on GVT (or better half) for 2 years. It will be a $50B coin by 2020

This is exactly what is going to happen, the only question is when

>underrated post

G20 summit is April, and they are confirmed talking about crypto regulations

China and the US are both heavily intertwined with cryptos, you really think they're gonna let the bubble pop?

Even then, it's really easy to know which ones will win. I.E, the ones that are backed by reputable millionares and billionare investors.

You fuckers think some shit like TRX that has fucking Jack Ma backing it, is going to crumble?

It's shitty currency at that unless something can be done about the retarded fees involved

It's a very long drawn out bubble because we're still at small overall market cap...lots of room to grow.
Probably Q4 2018 is when bubble will start to burst until then gainzz

The only real potential currency in crypto at the moment is XRB, in my opinion

Explain to me why the housing bubble won't burst first.

That image must be a few weeks old. Crypto market is ~$600B now.

Short bitcoin then on the CME. Post pics.

Still 1/11th the size.

>I’d rather see my gains get eaten than have the FOMO of knowing I could’ve been a millionaire if I hadn’t converted into trash fiat
This is me. After missing Bitcoin and ETH when they were both barely released and shilled on Veeky Forums I have learned that the only way to hold back the suicidal thoughts is to put every spare dollar into Bitcoin and hold until it hits $10mil/coin.

just stay in cash when not trading, or usdt

There's a big diference between that bubble and cryptocurrencies:

You can't buy a fraction of a share, but you can buy a fraction of a bitcoin.

Traders move markets; if traders lose faith then we're fucked. However there is virtually barely any volatility in traditional markets so this shit is an absolute drug for them.

This. All of it. Thank you.

I've put basically all my money into XRB besides the 70 cents of bitcoin that turned to 300 bucks and 200 in req. Granted it's only like 3k bucks of xrb but it's basically all I have and I believe in the project.

Dot com bubble is cool n all, but it doesn't even come close to the housing market bubble in china, USA, and everywhere else.

If there's any wobbles in housing that money is going straight into cryptos, first housing will pop then we moon, then we pop.

McAfee's dick is safe.

There is one thing I learnt after delving deep into TA there is literally no technique or analysis that can tell you where the top is. Markets are moved by traders who are driven by emotion. The only way this bubble can crash is when government declare war on crypto or try to 'protect' the people by placing insane regulations and the can't cash out meme becomes true. Even then what's not to say that crypto won't be an entire new asset class and we get a several month-years healthy bear market before another massive bull-run?

Everything in life is a bubble, the trend is everything. Don't give into FUD who says XYZ will correct or crash - you might end up waiting a long time to get that "I told you so" statement. However this does not mean to stay in without strategy; always have an exit strategy or contingencies for the worst case scenarios and do not try to catch a falling knife.

Oh, OP, I don't think it's going to be just a replay of 2000.

It's going to be 2008 as well.

You are not taking in consideration that today information travels at a much faster rate than in those years. Cryptos will reach stupid big marketcaps really fast, so if you are expecting a 4 year bubble you are just wrong, this won't last more than a year.

The dotcom bubble ended with a few victors like google, yahoo, etc. If its a bubble that means something will come out as victor and all others will die. Doesn't mean all crypto will die. Certainly, a fucking shitocin that can only be traded with BTC isn't going to overtake BTC, thats pants on head retarded.

This is something thats never happened before though right, like the percentage of growth and speed has never been seen before.

I could see it getting bigger just because its worldwide though Id prefer it just crash or stabilize so the tech could be used at some point.

I think the greatest threat to cryptos are governments who decide to forbid or ban trading cryptos. For what reason whatsoever.

A war on the other hand would be a very good thing.

this, plus the fact that exchanges disallow major selling - even wall street isnt allowed to throttle selling pressure

>crypto won't be an entire new asset class
ding ding ding
stuffing crypto in the financial sector in general is the easy fit, but it's the wrong fit. we are watching the birth of an entirely new asset that is not going anywhere.

Kek

internet is more widely used now though, so information comes much faster, so this isn't a super accurate belief to hold in my opinion

>McAfee's dick is safe.
oh ok.
I was worried there for a moment

We're definitely in a bubble but we've got a LONG ways to go before we should begin worrying about a correction. The dotcom bubble's market cap was nearly $4 trillion at its peak. Crypto's current market cap is $600 billion and there's 8 times more fiat money today than there was in 1999. Far more people around the world can also participate in crypto today than they could in the 1999 US stock market. In my opinion the crypto bubble will easily go into the tens of trillions before any major correction.

Strap in lads. Anything you buy today is going to go up, at the very minimum, at least 10 times.

Yeah what can you buy with it? Not fucking much. Where can you use it?

>The weirdest thing to consider, is these dot com companies had to actually do irl stuff. Like I said before, these crypto start ups just have to make a github where they pretend theyre hard at work making super good interwebcoins, but back then, they had to invest serious capital into warehouses, expanding their online businesses to ship to farther places and more cities, hiring more people, etc.
Cryptos have almost no overhead. Seems beneficial to cryptos if you ask me. Less likely to go belly up overnight.

No one is going to want to buy when everything is crashing. ;)

Do people think that housing prices are lower than they were in 2007? They arent.

>Think about this, all of crypto combined, every good and bad idea both, combined, is just barely over the market cap of Facebook. A single company.
Yea but Facebook is worth that much because it makes nearly 5bil a quarter in profit.
A better comparison is the US Dollar, which has a monetary base of $3.8 trillion
All crypto combined is ONE SIXTH of the total USD in existence..........

>way to hold back the suicidal thoughts is to put every spare dollar into Bitcoin and HOPE until it hits $10mil/coin.

Shit this is really the answer

You know its a bubble. The question is fucking WHEN.

man i honestly hope this shit crashes before the new year starts so i can jump on this shit afterwards and get rich as almighty fuck.