In your games, do all players share the same loot in a big money pile...

In your games, do all players share the same loot in a big money pile, or do they keep track of their moneys independently?

I was wondering, because we tend to the first one, with players organizing ourselves to decide what we should buy next, but I realized recently that all games enforce the independent wealth system.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A9snuua1uwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In my experience, most players don't want to share except, perhaps, on things that all clearly benefit. Attempts to unify wealth were a disaster. It fits the "individuals are special" that many of us want from RPG instead of being a nobody in real life.

You got a rare group. Enjoy it.

>TFW my players each keep track of their own wealth
>TFW they've each accumulated over 25,000 gold a piece
>TFW they refuse to spend it on enchanted weapons and armor despite treasuring the ones they've gotten as loot already because they're not sure if it's worth spending such a big chunk at once.
>TFW they refuse to spend it on property of any kind because they don't wana do property-management.
>TFW they refuse to spend it on hirelings or allies because they want to do everything themselves.
>TFW they basically refuse to spend more than 50ish gold on ANYTHING in one sitting.

That's a lot of money. Someone should rob them.

Depends on the game, I've not had full sharing though. More often than not money is handled individually, however there have been some games where a community fund develops.

Generally if someone needs the dosh people are willing to kick in a few of their own if the reasoning is solid. Communal funds generally develop in games where vehicles or property are owned. Much easier to have a ship fund than to pool together everyone's tens of thousands to see if everyone is ready for that new rail cannon.

My group tracks separately, but usually ends up buying each other what they need in a pool like-fashion anyways. I would track it as one big pile but the players like having independent stashes as they have fun jewing each other at times, its really funny to see. They'd probably be fine if we pooled it though. Because they are well adjusted adults that can handle not being the center of attention.

Shared pool until people get back to town, than its divvied up and/or sold.

Anything you're stuck for plot reasons doesn't count.

Our That Guy always starts a screechstorm when we don't let him personally take his exact share of the loot, including money. He also demands that the loot be shared based on the contribution in combat, calculated according to the damage dealt. Thankfully, we managed to convince him otherwise since his contribution outside of combat is zero. Still it's a pain because loot sharing turns into a bleeding accounting exercise. When I complained about it, he called me a communist, lol.

He's also always playing a dwarf and he looks like a beardless one.

Im sorry user. No one should have to deal with that.

Ejik v tumane)

Should do it hobbit style.

They always shared, as I did when I was a player.

I know that owl.
youtube.com/watch?v=A9snuua1uwM

You should ask if he divides his internet bill by upload/download, and his electricity bill by energy draw, and his rent by cubic foot.

We tend to share, because our GM likes doing Fading of the Light/Grimdark in whatever system we play, and since we're usually the last bastion of Good, no one really plays a greedy character.

We do a communal fund of everything, for which expenses are voted on. I manage the communal fund.

Contrary to what you may believe, it actually works much better than individual funds, and I am quite generous with the group fund and do not abuse it myself.

We keep it in a big communal pile.

Happy to say the one time someone tried to smuggle loot away for themselves they fell for the obvious trap that may as well have had a sign hanging on it saying 'Taking this emerald will cause this statue to kill you.'
Then they nearly died, and would have actually died if anyone knew how their character worked.
People never tried it again.

>Steel Legion of Armageddon attacking a Lord of Change

I mean it's been a while, but isn't what he's suggesting more of a communist route than "lol guys just divvy it it up whatever there will be more loot"

No, it's
>don't look at muh property or I'll shoot you

Make them have to deal with the logistics and security for hauling around 25,000gp each

That's okay, they're just Jews.

I had a group that pretty much kept it communal. I thought that was unusual, but they were focused on goals for the whole party, and spent it pretty fairly to benefit everyone.

Usually it's split equal ways, with no regard for henchman (that is, if you want to hire henchman, you do so out of your own pocket, and they are primarily loyal to a single character).

I've had a couple cases of characters trying to hoard treasure from the party but nothing serious (not since middle school dickassery anyways). Often groups will agree to split up a big expense among the party that benefits all of them (ie a ship) or loan money to a PC to provide a unique service (ie, helping the wizard to get the resources for researching an important spell).

It'd be interesting to have a group make a formal partnership. IE, assign each partner an equal percentage of monthly revenue (a salary), with the rest invested into a common fund. Or something like that.

Fucking this. If they're carrying around mountains of gold or buying supplies with sacks of gemstones, you're passing up a major opportunity for adventure and mayhem.

Though, if they're not spending it anyways, it's not really causing a problem... just begs the question of why they continue hunting treasure.

This is how my groups do it.
The treasure is kept collectively until we get to a place where we can divide it, and it's given out in "shares".
A share is usually kept for the party as a whole to cover party expenses.

>25,000gp each
If the setting is high magic enough to have players with that much more money. It's probably a setting that has banks and letters of credit.
Without even having to get into magic stuff like bags of holding.

Wasn't there an anime about that?

The party all shares wealth between them in one pool.

Except for me. I have my own money becuase in the story Im not really "in the party" im their hireling and is paid a salary for my services.