I am currently creating a D&D Star Wars themed game to be played on Roll20. Any suggestions for story?

I am currently creating a D&D Star Wars themed game to be played on Roll20. Any suggestions for story?

Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KeboxMqdXdE
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trioculus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Shiroyama
youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyqoxh-cXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump :)

anyone?

would love some ideas...

What era are you going for? Old Republic, Clone Wars, Rebellion or Post-Empire?

I'm going to combine everything I like about Star Wars. For example, we might have young han solo, but old luke skywalker. People who are dead in canon may come back to life in this version. We would probably have characters from all over the place.

Probably not Old Republic as i am least familiar with that era. But def. the clone wars, rebellion, and empire/post empire, especially if they are sith.

any tips?

Right. If you want to just throw a bunch of stuff together, I'd really look into the Old Republic stuff. TOR already kind of built around the idea of recycling common sci-fi tropes.
Doing it in the OR era allows you to add all the smugglers, sith lords and jedi masters you want, without having to care too much about continuity. Unless you really want your smuggler to be Han Solo…

Haha, my players wont give a fuck if i throw Han Solo in the OR. I'll look into it, thanks.

where is a good place for me to research TOR?

The star wars wiki is usually a good place to start. There's one video on Youtube that explains pretty much the entire history of Star Wars up until the Cold War.
youtube.com/watch?v=KeboxMqdXdE

Thank you!!!

Trioculus is close to finding the Glove of Darth Vader!
Are you guys badass enough to infiltrate the Mofference aboard his Moffship and stop him from bidding DARK GREETINGS to the fragile New Republic?

lol wtf did i just read

Pure genius in story form

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trioculus

You can't deny the glory of the Mofference

alright guys. how do i start this story off? i want them to be novice jedi at the beginning, or learning how to use lightsaber and shit.

You could always do what i plan to do and use the Battle of Shiroyama work as a starting point. My plan is for it to take place a year or so after Order 66, with the newly formed Empire bearing down on a Jedi splinter faction. The PCs would be young padawans tasked by the grandfatherly Old Master to flee with a important holocron amidst the chaos of battle.

The last thing they see as they glance behind them one last time is the Old Master falling on his own lightsaber and his wife beheading him to preserve the secret of the holocron

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Shiroyama
youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyqoxh-cXk

Or have them be students at Luke's Jedi Academy alá the Young Jedi Knights novels

hmm.

Vader's glove being a powerful artifact is still one of the dumbest things in the AU.

I suggest you start by finding out if you players want to be Jedi/Sith or Smugglers/Bounty Hunters. A common 'rule' in Star Wars tabletops is having either everyone be force sensitive, or nooone being force sensitive. That's just to make sure nobody feels left out when the Jedi has to have that glorious 1v1 with the Sith lord while the rest of the party sits on their asses.

I advice against setting your campaign during the 30-60 year span of the movies. That kind of stuff usually results in people wanting to fuck up the 'canon' timeline.

My players would definitly fuck up the "canon" timeline in the movies, but i think that could be fun. I appreciate the input. I did plan on seeing if they wanted to be jedi/sith or smuggler/bounty hunter.

any other input?

How about just using FFG's instead? Or one of the MANY other dedicated Star Wars RPGs?

>be DM
>last day of adventure
>Players kill the bbeg, a god
>kms to preserve story

i appreciate the suggestion, but i'm an OCD freak and like to control and customize everything myself. i don't want a set story or anything.

The TTRPGs, just like any other RPG, only have premade campaigns for people who aren't willing or able to make a campaign of their own, man. FFG is good, at least give it a look-through.

nah i wanna use roll 20

FFG Star Wars has a thing for it on Roll20.

i'm not using FFG i've already put some work into my own campaign

leaving for a few hours more input would be sweet

The rules or the setting? Let's face it, nobody here is a genius at making rules.

Roll20 can do FFG stuff. Just because it's called roll20 doesn't mean you have to use a 20 sided dice in the games you play on it.

Also, there's a D20 star wars RPG system already out there, you don't have to use D&D.

Please note, you would still be making the story and so on, but the mechanics and classes (jedi, bounty hunter, etc) are made so you don't have to tweak the game to fit.

One fun thing in star wars is to have the party evade the enemy bombardment and have to fight their way to a ship before the enemy fleet destroys the entire planet surface. That's always fun.

Well that sounds like a crock of shit. Good luck OP you are going to need it.

I remember when baiting had to be subtle to get a response.

Have your guys steal the plans for the Starkiller Base.

Can't really give any more input. If you're set on running Star Wars, dive into the fluff and come up with something original. If you want to do something in an heavily established era, make sure you know your stuff, otherwise it'll turn into a shitshow.

I think my bait was pretty good.

i didn't bait :(