JumpChain CYOA Thread #1377: Spontaneous Musical Number Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9BVpPgRc4fI&feature=youtu.be
pastebin.com/kB4jJxAG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jumpers! Tell me about your minions

I used to have minions. Now I just have pets.

Oooh, chilling. Or edgy. Can't tell the two apart at times.

Andriods with uploaded AI.
Easy to make, maintain and deploy in new jumps. May or may not be ripoffs of Genos from Onepunch.

Also some 1st Cricle deva, created for specific tasks and to support my soul heriarchy.

Some homonculli (Einzbern style) for when Androids or monofocused spirits aren't quite what the doctor ordered.

Careful with all that edge, user, you might cut yourself.

You both misunderstand, I just dont employ minions anymore and I keep a lot of pets. They dont explode as often or cause the same generalized mayhem.

Why is that guy edgy? I thought he was just saying he stopped getting minions between runs.

That is exactly what I was saying, I just dont get minions anymore as they are too much hassle.

Don't have any, I'm too lazy to head any kind of organization, I usually leave that up to the girls like I did during my time in Basilisk.

They found and trained random people to do random and very specific tasks, while I worked to stall the contest between the Iga and Kouga long enough for everything we set up allowed us to safely fake the assassination of Gennosuke and Oboro as we kidnapped them.

Beyond that, it's a case of "I know a guy who knows a guy" whenever I need to get shit done without me being there.

my Jumper's greatest mundane skill is delegation so his minions come in several flavors.
1. Incompetent but overpowered buffoons I point in a general direction and Tell them to wreck shit
2.hyper competent but barely sapient AI
3.my companions All of whom are functionally mid-game jumpers at this point
4.various sorts of attack animals
5.giant killer robots I stardrop
6.Does viral weaponry count as minions? Because there's a lot of that
7. Legions of Literal nightmare creatures I use As a Psychops weapons/ stealth assassins. Literally going Freddy Krueger on my enemies.
8.The zurg swarm. I share with my wife enhanced by A lot of superpowerful DNA from many different places.
9.the mutualist Strain infected omnics
10.A theoretically unlimited number of print demand Alpha lanterns.
11.a fair number of first second and third circle demons. I don't have writeups for yet , most noticeably the starsdust sentinels and Battler G.

12. Takeshi My first generation tree who has fused with the LoT
13. Several beasts from various universes I've captured In Master balls.
14.Precious a giant shark made out of gold platinum and diamond that swims through Solid matter
15.Whalewolf who has an upscaled copy of Sen. Armstrong's heart and the Nemetrix with Evolutinary Function.

When you say minions, do you mean companions who behave as minions or those companion options that give you lots of people that collectively act as a companion but only have a fraction of the capability?

As to pets, I love pets, but I don't like getting too many, otherwise I just won't be able to give them the time and attention they need. And some of them require a whole lot of attention.

Think about how you phrased it user, then remember where you are.

Can I make my First Circle demons be basically human?

Minions like the imps from overlord or the waddle dees from kirby. I used to use waddle dees a lot but out of hundreds of them only one or two at most isnactually competant. I have yet to find a setting that lets you buy a large number of actual competant minions.

building on that can my first circle demons basically be driver belts?

Kid Radd, maybe Minish Cap?

...where do I even begin?

>the True Fae

When I conquered parts of Arcadia from a demesne-fortress in the Hedge, after the initial terror and rage some of the Gentry chose to enter my service-gaining a soul in exchange for utter obedience. They're organised under four courts: The Avant Guard, the Covenant of Hallows, the Cauldronborn and the Scarlet Blitz, each led by the first four queens to achieve Wyld Transcendence when I had would-be trators and feral Gentry chopped up to bolster my army.

>The Court of Bel

This covers a lot of different beings from the SMTverse. From what I gather, when not out and fighting their main hobbies are fusing with each other for one and surfing the 'net. I forgot to mention-they somehow managed to rig up internet in there.

>Angels

From the beings of Paradiso to the supernal Aether entities to the Nephilim of GoH to whatever metal I flash too hard-whenever I need a bunch of angry professionals to storm in and shoot everything, my go-to shock troopers are usually shiny and winged.

>Devas

I spent a lot of time talking shop with the other Yozis in order to learn to avoid weaknesses in existing demon breeds, rather than letting my subsouls do it naturally. Each of my deva species is crafted from an idealised template through alchemic distillation of our shared intimacies. For example, the Old Spice Guy-like manly oiled incubi spend their entire lives perfecting the art of posing until they pose so hard they spontaneously duplicate through sheer fabulousness, and the duplicate silently leaves to perfect their own posing style.

All because I don't think I'm very good at posing.

>Humanity

The lifeforms that thrive in ages of darkness naturally accrete into lifedraining sprites. Over the ages, I used the dark soul of Manus to both command them like packs of Vashta Nerada.

(cont'd)

Skullgirls has an army of a hundred dudes that are actually like a trained military regiment. They're imported together and the leader gets 50% perk potency while the remaining members get 10% perk potency, iirc. They're pretty great, especially if you branch into surgically enhancing them or teaching them martial arts or magic, non-perk ways of improving them.

>The ships

At this point, all of my ships are sorta like extensions of my own state of being: Supernova-like nucleases of pure creation that generate mass and energy, and shape it into spatial barriers around a firmament made of the very concept of transportation. Each can bud off millions of little avatars to herald the main ship's approach-although the Angela and Light of Terra stand out in that the former is instead a gauna magical girl hivemind, and the latter has less avatars because they're the crew's projected consciousnesses.

>The unreal

There's a lot of beings I utilise-noble dragons, fingerkings, incarnate urban legends, avatars of wrath, dungeon dimensioners, Nasuverse demons and abyssal entities-which aren't wholly real. Each is tempered in Oramusian flame and branded with sigils to leash them like the fae, adapting to existence while retaining their supernatural properties. Although the demons seldom give me any trouble.

>The world

On the other hand, using the same process I used to incarnate my wife I also summon armies that embody aspects of reality itself into Servantlike vessels, through a modified greater grail hooked up to a perpetual reality engine, an infinite Pyrian manse-labyrinth of chaos emeralds to energise it with, a portal to the local Nevernever in order to supply ectoplasm to consecrate their incarnation and clusters of mannikin crystals to increase the amount of metaphysical weight their saint graphs can throw around.

I can also use the system to mass produce deities by chucking in a few souls and using sorcerous processes but-honestly, what problem's improved by a bumper crop of deities?

>Eaters and slimes

Are cute. CUTE.

>Horrorterrors and Great Ones

Are so niche and differently-sentient they're really less minions and more eccentric tourists who I summon for impromptu Human Relations 101 classes, that happen to really like doing me favors. Mainly by building dream dimensions.

Guess I need to look into those then. Thanks.

>On the other hand, using the same process I used to incarnate my wife
Who?

Cosmic fire. Basically, the anthropomorphic personification of that perk in Light of Terra.

My god production technolog was much more primitive back in the day, though. I merely had a greater grail system buffed by true magics and divine words, and the Ensoul technique. So after thousands of years of courting her by playing the guitar at the stars really hard to invite her to anthropomorphisation, when she stepped out of the cauldron it took her a little while to get used tot things like emotions. And society. And generally interacting with things without setting them on fire.

We were together for thousands of years, but we parted in the Eldar jump. We'd both known it would be best for us to break up before my increasing ambition broke us up, but ironically I was so succesfull in teaching her to be human she learned how to feel homesick.

So we parted ways after a long night. And she went back to being an inchoate natural force instead of a person.

And no, I have not filled that particular emotional void. I am in other, less conventional intimate relationships-but I haven't been in a proper marriage since.

You okay there, buddy?

If you got a wish, that wasn't locked off 'till post spark/chain, what would you wish for?

Sorry what is on lit that is important here friendo?

I would wish That the omni-verse and its inhabitants Would immediately become and remain in perpetuity good,fair and just as defined by my ethical systems.

To be able to go a month where nobody shitposted or trolled or baited on the thread. Is there a god this powerful?

Are you going to at least admit that's a horribly unethical thing to wish for?

I would wish I knew what to wish for.

Good job bancho, you just brainwashed literally everyone into becoming just as terrible as you.

>perpetuity good,fair and just as defined by my ethical systems.
>as defined by my ethical systems.

how is making everything and everybody Ethical unethical?

nobody's the villain in their own story You know.

And some people are seen as the villain in the story of everyone else. People like Hitler, and you. You thinking that you are right doesn't actually make you right, you know?

and I see you and people like you as being in the wrong, Do you see the stalemate here?

Both of you are stupid now stop this even stupider agrument

Do you think it would be fair to assume that an electrokinetic conduit could eventually emulate the abilities of neon and video conduits? They lie in the same general ballpark, what with them manipulating light and electricity in various forms.

To my knowledge there are loads of perks that let you translate magical phenomenon into technology, but are there any perks that let you do the opposite and turn mechanical functions into magic spells and such?

the main use I can think of is turning a GBE into a handheld spell, but even beyond that, it just seems like s generally useful skill to have.

No one person should get to decide everyone's behavior and morality.

Also, don't you have freedom as your most beloved value? You're stripping everyone's freedom and agency because you believe you know better. That your beliefs are more important. You're literally the opposite of freedom right now. You're YVWH. You're fucking Darkseid.

The difference is that people have told you over and over again you are unequivocally the worst thing in existence. Not a single person has sympathised with your goals.

Your insistence you are not therefore comes off as petulant and deliberately provocative.

At least have the grace to not talk about yourself. Notice how little flack you take when you don't try to convince people what you're doing is right?

Learn to pattern recognition. The only stalemate exists in your own autistic entitlement complex.

I really doubt it, but it depends on what in particular you are after.

Thanks user!

It does have a chance of failing, mostly because the cavalry strength is proportional to the threat you face, turning an impossible fight into a difficult one. Oh and it doesn't activate unless there is a plausible threat to your existence, so you'll have to use other 1UPs first before this one.

I assume you are saying this would be OP because it's an absolute 1UP each year for 400 CP? Because it's not, like previously mentioned.
Unless you meant something else, in which case I'll have to ask you to explain further.

That lightspeed ability that's not really all that speedy, flight, and those video constructs. I mean, I'm probably wanking a bit if I go with that, but as far as I can see, they all involve some form of electromagnetism, and conduit growth has nothing to do with logic and science anyway.

Yeah, probably. Cole and Kessler showed those abilities, more or less.

I'd want to go home for a decade like it was a Jump. Just check in on my friends and family to see them again, help them in ways I couldn't before it all began since I'd have the power to actually do something now. Pay off bills, take care of medical issues, fix up the house, start living a good life in front of them so they wouldn't worry, covert therapy and wish fulfillment for loved ones. I don't wanna change the world or anything, maybe post-chain or something. I'd just want to come back and be a better person than I used to be for a while and renew my motivation to see the adventure out to its conclusion.

It still comes off as a 1 up. You have no limits scaling here like cenanon and his dumbass john cena meme perks.

It seems like a bit of a stretch to me, but then again, it all boils down to how you fanwank. You could be super strict and say that you only get the powers listed on the jump page, you could say that the powers available are much more free than what you can do within the confines of the game. You could even say that all conduit powers have some shared underlying mechanics behind them that would eventually let you have all the conduit powers.

I hate to be that guy who just says "make something up" when someone asks for advice on these things, but to my knowledge, the game itself is actually pretty damn vague about how all that works. So it really is all up to you.

That being said, in my own chain, I go by the idea that you can dip into other conduit powers, but only through deliberate study and genetic modifications.

Well I am certainly glad I decided to wait for Kamen Rider Amazons Season 2 before working on a Kamen Rider Amazons jump.

youtube.com/watch?v=9BVpPgRc4fI&feature=youtu.be

Shit looks hype.

Mmmh yeah, I see where you're coming from here. May add a 'up to 1 titan and carrier group' as a cap. Still very powerful but won't do much against superpowered enemies and their biggatons.

Nah, that's alright. Can't really answer that question anyway as there's not that much shown in the games regarding a conduit's potential besides Kessler's bullshit. I'll just go with me being able to approximate those things with electricity as a basis. So lightning speed instead of light speed, and electrical constructs instead of video ones.

Speed and flight shouldn't be a problem, though I doubt your constructs would be the near perfect visual duplicates of other things. Constructs though seem to be something multiple conduit types have, just that video is the best at it.

Is this like, the zombie apocalypse edition of kamen rider? Because that's what I got from the funky eyes and eating people.

So the Amazons are cyborgs, now? Cool.

That is much better.

Kinda? Most of them aren't actual zombies, just genetically engineered monsters that eat people. And the world hasn't ended yet.

You have to watch Season 1 to understand everything. It's only 13 episodes so it'll be quick.

Looks like it, user. According to a synopsis Amazons seem to be now to infect humans and turn them into Amazons.

its where writting crappy self insert fanfiction belongs.

Okay then, precision added.

Because Of Falcon! (200 CP)
Fuckin’ Falcons and their bullshit perma-jamming. Grumble, grumble, grumble…
Anytime something goes wrong somewhere, at least you’ll be ready.
This perk grants you an unending supply of humorous excuses for almost any situation you may find yourself into and most people will accept that excuse with an ironic smile and an eye roll.
Urge to shout your excuse in CAPS-LOCK not included (Maybe).
May or may not cause people to wave away any punishment you may incur, so if you’re in the military and fuck up somehow, you’ll likely still be punished, only slightly less.

Not zombie apocalypse, yet. But yes, they are flesh-eating monsters made by a company that is basically Umbrella. The reason they made creatures that have to consume human flesh to live seems to be more or less "We needed a reason?". I mean, there's some stuff about the president of Nozama Pharmacy being a crazy Darwinist, but that doesn't explain all the scientists he employed.

And here I thought Veeky Forums was for shitposting about your favorite russian authors.

Well those are actually canon. Kessler can turn into lightning, Cole can straight up fly by the time he fights the beast, and Cole can make simple constructs like whips and handcuffs. I imagine the nature of electricity wouldn't lend itself to more complicated constructs, though.

I thought we belonged on /qst/. What's with the change in shitposting?

>I thought we belonged on /qst/. What's with the change in shitposting?

you aren't actually maintaining any sort of pretense of playing a game together, so you would still be breaking the rules if you went to qst.

But lit only like extremely terrible old books not relatively decent webnovels and such.

Huh. Looks like I underestimated conduit powers once again. It's getting /really/ appealing to jump Ghostrider beforehand and to just take ALL the powers in the jump.

Have you tried pushing this with CYOA gen and its' splinters? How'd that go for you?

Because buddy: We have an entire drive full of pretenses. And more persistent shitposters than you have tried.

And we're still here.

Actually CYOA Gen has a persistent shitposter now, too. Don't know if it's the same guy pulling double time or someone else.

Huh. I almost pity the poor bastard, they're plenty good at shitposting each other already.

CYOA gen at least produces CYOAs which are kind of like the character creation portion of an actual gsme.

This shit is just wankery. The exact same wankery as the 'modern fantasy' threads back in the day only with more anime slapped on.

Hoo boy I guess you havent seen the 800+ jumps we have then.

Clicky the drive link we have almost 900 of those adventures now.

What scale of power and number of forces would it take to wage war on Hell in Exalted?

Not him, but it's not like we can really call each Jump it's own individual adventure. They're all different worlds, but they fit into the overarching CYOA that is Jumpchain. We got the one CYOA, it's just massive as all hell.

Just drop Doomguy on them, I'm sure he'll figure something out.

...define wage war. Wars are constantly waged there, all the time. They just seldom affect anything in the hallmark of a 2CD and almost never that of a 3CD.

Okay, what would be required to win a war and conquer Hell?

How is that bait?

...considering Hell is CREATED from multiple cosmic entities stitched together?

Slightly less than the entire, unified hosts of Exalted (at Essence 5) supported by most of the gods-including all the Incarnae-and preferably two friendly Primordials as well as an unknown quantity of allied races, resources and concepts which may or may not still exist.

Let me put it this way: The Realm Defenxe Grid is a massive magitech construct of leylines than spans most of Creation which when captained by a Solar-type Exalt, can generate pretty much any disaster you can imagine with pinpoint precision. What most think of as the Daystar is actually a giant robot capable of destroying all of Creation with its' self destruct mechanism, and HAS been used to destroy a mock-Creation (comparable to the original, in-sphere'd one) images ago.

This is what the game considers enough firepower to intimidate a Primordial. The Yozis are maimed and mad, but there's a lot of them and some of their charms imply while they're technically weaker, they've adapted to improve at desperate; brutal violence. Malfeas for example is nowhere near as codependent as his predecessor.

For those that have read "Circle of Magic" a small question.

I'm the user two threads ago who realized that he might need to reread the books to refresh himself on the setting and its rules. Thankfully, wikiwalking has been helping me fill in a lot of gaps, but there's still one thing.

How does this plan for my time there look to you:

> Show up in Emelan, near the Winding Circle as a 14-16 year-old Academic Mage alongside Tomoe Mami, who is in the same age range, but an Ambient Mage (Thread).
> No specialities, only hard work and gitting gud with as many aspects of Academic Magic as possible. Also learn a few Weaving tricks from Mami in return for control exercises.
> Plan for a way for the both of us to get thrown into Discipline so that I can start our project.
> Being creating items that an Academic Mage could store spells in to be used later. Or. If that already exists, make it better in every respect.
> Grow into an item crafting genius regardless, while Mami figures out how to weave more than just fabric and magic.
> If ever given the choice to journey outside the Winding Circle, take it so Mami and I can grow some more independently. However, make certain that we could communicate with each other every night/week.
> After earning full certification, stay in Winding Circle to study Academic Magic more, and help out Mami in whatever she does.
> Basically? Live the life of the Scholarly Couple.

*un-sphere'd

Could always do what I try to do: Stack the hell out of demon nobility/loyalty perks and items, crank up some physical or magical strength, then start subverting the chain of command until you've effectively won over the hierarchy via politics and displays. If need be, take a general and turn them into a new sword sheath/piece of gear to show that if they're not useful as they are, you'll MAKE them useful in some way.

Not all wars require destruction, though a display or two of such won't hurt in this case to show you're above the hordes of mooks.

I have these guys. And all the other demons that I passively spawn just by being in a place.

How many Yozis are there, anyway?

Not sure.
Maybe to have every limiter on who I am broken or removed, so I could 'evolve' forever.
Maybe just the wisdom to see what's good in life and the ability to show others.
Or maybe the courage to never back down or surrender, no matter what.

Doesn't Crimson Saint do that? Tech-to-magic and magic-to-tech?
It's in one of the FF jumps, IIRC.

Red, the problem with that is 1. the hierarchy goes up to being which may or may not be considered demons for the perks' purposes, 2. the current incumbent is physically incapable of a non-violent response to a challenge to his authority without being an utter buffoon and 3. the local ultimate legal authority mandates the strong rule the weak as a command.

At least 15. Out of them 3 are imprisoned and driven mad extra-hard to the point of apparent incoherence, and one is so hard to find the Solar Deiberative couldn't.

Even though they fucking imprisoned her too.

pastebin.com/kB4jJxAG

I was talking about this user

There is no limit to Florida Man's depravity.
I'm scared to think of what will happen if/when he goes to 40k

7-Minions: Maintain bases and equipment.
Agents: Carry out missions.
6-Henchmen: Oversee Agents and undertake greater missions .
5-Associates: In charge of departments (spying, medical, construction, etc).
4-Junior Companions: May take command of operations and requisition personnel and equipment.
3-Senior Companions: Part of Advisory Council, seniority over newer companions, train Junior Companions.
2-Under Bosses: 50 jumps minimum requirement, elite magic/swordsman/soldier/scientist etc.
1-Boss: user

Twenty-three, though only fifteen of them are named. The other eight are for the GM to fill in with whatever they want, like how there are thirteen Deathlords but only eight named.

Whoops. Fair enough, ignore me.

You've already done that just by being an Exalted. Malfeas is a prison camp, the inhabitants are slaves. The problem isn't that you don't rule Hell, it's that there are lots of other people who rule Hell, too. So just kill everyone else who has summoning spells.

Lowee line in the new Hyperdimension Neptunia jump has a perk to do it either way.

Fate has a perk for that, though you need the capstone booster to make it spells and not just magic artifacts. Without it, you could make a Graviton Beam Wand, but not a Graviton Beam Incantation.

I like to think Muffet inspired his book in Gonzo Journalism.

You're technically right on paper but completely wrong in practice. In the current era everyone who remembers how to control the Yozis AND has the aptitude to do it is dead or insane. And considering controlling even a 3CD takes a stupendous amount of effort by Solar standards no one Exalt is running the place.

... I never wanted this boner.